Set values back to zero

I have saved the data I need for last year.  Now I need to set values of
multiple fields back to zero in order to enter 1st quarter data for new year.
 I was hoping to program a button on the form to return all values of the
fields back to zero.  I thought I found this answer before, on this site, but
am not finding it now.
I have tried several versions of a Macro, but either it sets the first few
records to zero and stops, or it just goes to the end and gives the message
"all values should be zero" without changing anything.  Is a Macro the
logical way to do this?  What am I missing?
Thanks for any help.

Set Checkbox.Backcolor with ColorIndex
Hi, I'm trying to create a dynamic form where I want to put 56 checkboxes, each one with one of the different "Excel colors" that there are. With that I mean the 56 colors that you can set to for instance a cell by using Interior.ColorIndex. My problem is that the BackColor should be a Hex value or the "&H8000000F" format and I don't really have an idea of how to transfer the ColorIndex values (1, 2, 3, 4 and so on) into one of these formats. Anyone have any idea? Hi, I did that (not a very casual way but it works) A Form with 56 button with the Tag parameter...

How do I restore my original excel settings to default?
EVERY SINGLE TIME that I open up Excel, it opens every single document that I have ever saved. I think this is because I changed the default settings in XLStart and now it is going bonkers on me. Recently I tried to open up a workbook that i had saved (replacing the previous work) and it just kept opening up every workbook except the one that I needed. so a days work was lost. I am very frustrated and fairly new with the inner workings of excel, so I would appreciate all the help I can get. Thanx. Version 2002 It sounds more like a setting that you changed. Tools|options|general tab Se...

Show values from non-subtotaled columns when doing a sub-total?
I am trying to have Excel carry values from non-subtotaled cloumns to show up on the subtotal row. What values are you trying to show? Instead of subtotals, you may find it easier, and more flexible, to use a Pivot Table to summarize the data. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and Jon Peltier has information and links: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Pivots/pivotstart.htm Jim wrote: > I am trying to have Excel carry values from non-subtotaled cloumns to show up > on the subtotal row. -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech...

Reset Batch Number to Zero
Looking for info on how to do this. Been playing around with and would like to reset this info to zero once we go live. Thanks! ...

Extracting Entourage Calendar Entries & Tasks from Backed-up Database
While trying to sync with my BlackBerry I inadvertently erased all of my Entourage Calendar and Task data. I have a day-old backup of the entire Main Identity Database. My question is: how can I extract the data for just the Calendar and Tasks and add them to the current Database. I'm afraid that if I just replace the current Database with the backup, I'll lose all of my email from the last two days. Thanks for any guidance you can offer. This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ----------------5514078741050404508 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1; format=flo...

Conditional formatting: How to set condition "formula" with is "date" formatted
I want to use Conditional Formatting. I opt for "formula". The condition should be that a cell F9 that is formatted to Date 14-Mar-07 (see cell format) need to be filled with a date (any date). If empty then FALSE. What is the formulah I need to fill in. DATE(F9<>0) failed for me. This is the condition that is set for cell H9. Thank you. Bart Excel 2003 =AND(LEFT(CELL("format",F9),1)="D",--RIGHT(CELL("format",F9),1)<6,LEN(CELL("format",F9))=2,LEN(F9)>0) -- --- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere sho...

Value/Reference Types
Hi, I'm new to C# and have run into a problem of my own making! I originally took from the documentation that as long as I didn't use the "ref" keyword in method declarations, that everything would be passed "by value". I now believe I was incorrect and that it's only types like int, bool, etc. that behave like that? i.e. things like XmlDocument are always passed by reference in method calls? I was writing a "wrapper" class around a PRIVATE XmlDocument but because of the above lack of understanding, I don't think it's as "encapsulated&quo...

Retrieve value from Combo Box and Radio Button
Hi, I have two questions about Excel VBA and hope any experts can give me a hint (1) I wonder how to retrieve automatically the previously saved values from the combo box and a group of radio buttons whenever I open the workbook? (2) Everytime I need to insert an object, I copy the object to one worksheet (named as SLD) from another worksheet (named as Lib) which acts like a library. However, because of using the function "SELECT", I encounter "flickering" on the main sheet (named as Sheet1) each time an object is inserted. Is there any way that I coul...

setting notice to group (large company, recipients in different cities)
I'm sorry for the multiple groups. I don't understand Outlook well enough to narrow down my groups to just the right one or two. Here's my situation and my question -- there are certain deadlines and tasks that are due on a monthly basis, all revolving around certain business days (related to closing the corporate books). Presently these deadlines are on an excel based calendar located on the intranet, and a monthly email reminder is sent out restating the deadlines. As you can see it is somewhat awkward to force people to navigate through the intranet and then print out th...

Value Pak Installer

Need to display leading zeros in concatenation
In my table I have a job code field that is formated 0000. I need to concatenate that filed with the job title field in a query with a dash between. Example: Job Code: 0006 Job Title: Slave Result: 0006-Slave I've done the concatenation in an expression field in my query but it drops the leading zeros. Here's what I've used: Expr2: [Tbl_NCBHNewHire60-DayTBComplianceStatus]![Job Code] & "-" & [Tbl_NCBHNewHire60-DayTBComplianceStatus]![Job Title] I don't have the option of changing the job code field to text because the data comes from a query run to Exc...

Creating array (no VBA) that is NxN with '1's top right to bottom left, rest zero
Hi All, I need to create an array (matrix) that is N x N elements (square), containing '1's from the top right hand corner to the bottom left hand corner only. The rest of the array would be zeros. I would like to find a way of doing this with a worksheet function (or functions) only - no VBA to be involved. Obviously I can manually create this for any given value of N (say, N = 4): ={0,0,0,1;0,0,1,0;0,1,0,0;1,0,0,0} But how can I set this up so that I can enter N in a cell, and get that array returned for use in another formula? Thanks in advance for any help you can give. If ...

Textbox scrollbar settings
I have a userform whose main component is a TextBox. It is locked as the user is only permitted to read not edit the data there - that is done in the main spreadsheet and the userform is modeless. The TextBox has a vertical scroll bar to permit the user to navigate around its contents. The user will not normally place the focus on the Textbox contents itself but just use the scrollbar.. The data in the textbox is updated programattically (using vba). When this happens the box contents scroll back to the top - I do not want this to happen. I want the scroll position to remain as th...

Referencing Data Filter to a cell value
i am having continuing problems with the following: I have a spreadsheet which lists project status. One of the columns shows the installation subcontractor. I want to have a drop down box where you select the contractor, and once selected, the list automatically (or by use of a macro button) filters to that selected. I have put the drop down box in, then created a vlookup to convert each contractor to a number, and placed a hidden column with this info. Where i am stuck is how i get the data filter to look at my link cell from the drop down box. Any help is appreciated Richard R...

How to Copy Accounts Settings to Another Computer?
Hello: I know how to copy the PST file and export rules for putting in my laptop. But I couldn't find info. on how to copy accounts or export them. Does anyone how to do this? What else do I need in order to have my accounts in Outlook to be identical on my laptop as on my PC? Thanks so much! Spudy You used to be able to do this in Outlook 2000 (Internet Mail Only mode). In Outlook 2003, you either do it manually, or use the Office 2003 Save My Settings Wizard. http://support.microsoft.com/?id=826809 This seems to be an all or nothing thing, so I tend to just do it manually. "...

Case format for getting cell value from a worksheet.
Good Afternoon, I need to create a series of Case conditions based on the value of a cell on a certain worksheet in my open workbook..For the life of me I cannot get the syntax right and I'd appreciate any help i could get. My condition is on a worksheet named "Lookup_Values" Cell "M3" is a value used as a case condition. what I want to do is retrive that value and use it to compare against each case like below. RPT_Date = ("Lookup_Values!M3") Select Case True Case RPT_Date = "January" Perform my actrions Exit Sub ...

Combo Box not displaying first value
I am using Access 2003 SP3 I created a Combo Box with two columns. The first column is bound to the field ID. It is a Yes/No field with a default "Yes". The second column is displayed on the form. Here are my property settings that I think may relate to my problem Name ApprovedCombo Control Source ID Row source 1;" APPROVED";0;"NOT APPROVED" Column Count 2 Column width 0";1.55" Bound Column 1 Limit to List Yes Auto Expand Yes Default Value 1 When I first open up the form, the default value shown in the ApprovedCombo box is correctly d...

NULL Value in XML Schema
Hi All, How to define an XML element with no value and no attribute? <X> <Y/> </X> And Y has no value? I've done it with: <xsi:element name="Y" type="rn:T_NULL"/> <xsi:simpleType name="rn:T_NULL"> <xsi:restriction base="xsi:string" length="0"/> </xsi:simpleType> But it seems too complicated. Thanks, Reuven Reuven Nisser wrote: > How to define an XML element with no value and no attribute? > > <X> > <Y/> > </X> > > And Y has no value? > &g...

IF statement with FALSE value being text AND cell reference?
I want my FALSE statement to have a "<" infront of the number reference by the calculation, and don't know how to make the FALSE have text an an equation. =IF(D9>1,(D9*D8),"<"(D9*D10)) I can get my FALSE to have just a < sign if I do this: =IF(D9>1,(D9*D10),"<") I can get my FALSE to have the number calculated by the equation if do this: =IF(D9>1,(D9*D8),(D9*D10)) But how come I can't get it to read "<"(#value) by using the firs equation listed above? Thanks for the help in advance -- jcob -------------------------...

Changing the default color settings of charts
How can I change the default color settings the MS uses for their graphs? I can change them after I create the graph but it would be so much easier to preset them because I use the same colors for the groups I report to. Tom - There are two ways. The easiest is to adjust the color palette. Select Options from the Tools menu, and click on the Color tab. See the bottom two rows of the palette? These are the default colors for the first 8 line/scatter series and for the first 8 bar/column/area series. Click Modify to adjust them. The nice trick with this one is that changing the palett...

Set Lock Timeout Globally
Is there a way to set the lock_timeout setting for all connections regardless of the type of connection provider? Or does lock_timeout always have to be set after connecting to the server? Thanks. No, SET options can only be set from an individual connection. There are some SET options that you can force SQL Server to set on every connection when it starts up, but all of these are simple ON/OFF options, unlike lock_timout where you have to set a particular value. To see the list of SET options which are setting globally, look at: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/m...

Setting up hot key
Setting up excel spread sheet want to be able to hot key from any cell back to a given cell. ie: from g15 back to a3. Any help appreciated Hi! Here's a do-it-yourself kit. Select any cell except your target cell A3. Tools>Macro>Record New Macro Give it a shortcut key as requested. (a hot key) and click OK. Now select A3 (your target). Stop recording (either via the popup toolbar or the main menu). Test it: select a cell somewhere else. Use your hot key. You should end up in A3. Al -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

Question about graphing four sets of data
So i have four columns of data. The first column contains just names. I want the names to appear as the x-axis. The second column is slowest time, the third is fastest time (in min) that each name ran. Time in minutes will be on the y-axis. Up to now, it's pretty straight forward. Just make a bar chart with the name data and time data and there you go (two bars for each name). But I also have this fourth column of data which is "Number of attempted tries" or simply sample size. I want to place the sample size as a number on top of the bars. Any ideas? -- RawlinsCross...

Passing value from Form to Report
Hi, I have a form that contains a drop-down menu that allows the user to select an employee currently in the database. Upon selection of an employee, the employee's information (address, birth etc) show up on the form to allow the user to modify said information. There is a button on this form that should bring the user to a report on the sales performance of the selected employee. So here is my problem. The data for the employees personal information and the employees sales records are in two separate tables. How do I get the report to actually show the selected employee's sales...

default cell value
I'm trying to develop a timesheet form and am having trouble with a "comp time" section. It seems to be a simple problem but I can't find an answer. I've got a function =IF(K3>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF(K4>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,IF (K5>0,SUM(K3+K4)-K5,0))) but if k3, k4 or k5 doesn't have a "0" then I get #VALUE! I'd like to have "0" (zero) in each of these as a default value since this section won't always be used by everyone. How can I have "0" or "---" show by default and not have #VALUE! show if somebody deletes...