Send data from one form to another

Hi All,

I want to know if it,s possible to send data from 1 form to another totally
unrelated form.

The situation I have it one form is my MRP requirments. I want to open
another form PURCHASE ORDER (PO). I was wanting to add a button to the MRP
form that would send the data to the PO form. The MRP form may change to
multiple items and then add these different items to the same PO.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this or if it can even be
done.

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66

On Sun, 27 Jan 2008 21:10:39 GMT, "mattc66 via AccessMonster.com" <u16013@uwe>
wrote:

>Hi All,
>
>I want to know if it,s possible to send data from 1 form to another totally
>unrelated form.
>
>The situation I have it one form is my MRP requirments. I want to open
>another form PURCHASE ORDER (PO). I was wanting to add a button to the MRP
>form that would send the data to the PO form. The MRP form may change to
>multiple items and then add these different items to the same PO.
>
>Does anyone have any suggestions on how I could do this or if it can even be
>done.

STOP.

You are perhaps making a very common mistake - assuming that Forms are the
core of an Access database, and that they contain data. Neither is true.

The data in your database is stored in Tables, and only in Tables. A Form is
just a window, a tool that allows you access to the data in tables for
editing, viewing, data entry, etc.

What are the Recordsources of these two tables?

Is there data being added via the MRP form (whatever that might be, that's a
tla that I don't know) actually part of a PO? Are you storing "the same" data
in multiple different tables? If so, is that storage in fact redundant, or is
it legitimately being stored in two separate copies, either of which can be
edited independently of the other?

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0
John
1/27/2008 10:47:32 PM
Hi John,

I am aware that behind every from is an underlying table.

MRP = Material Requirement Planning. This data comes from an external source
that is updated daily. So the table data is temporary.

The PO Table would be static and linked to a Supplier. It would have QTY,
Part, Due Date, Price and etc.

So I have a form that displays the MRP suggested Order Qty for the Part and
the recommended Due Date. My plan was to allow the user to click a button on
the form next to the item to add it to an Active Purchase Order form. (PO
Table).

What I want to know is can this be done?

Matt

--
Matt Campbell
mattc (at) saunatec [dot] com

mattc66

Data and Other Records
Hi - I'm building a pivot table consisting of counts of a list of items. I want to include only the first 50 items in detail, but lump all the others into an "other" category with a count on it, instead of detail on records above 50. Hopefully this makes some sense! Thanks, Greg. -- groggrog ------------------------------------------------------------------------ groggrog's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27400 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=469155 ...

countif links to another workbook not working
The links update fine if the other workbook is open, and all the other links update just fine even though the other workbook isn't open So the only links that don't work with the other workbook closed is the countif formula Any ideas? Sorry don't know why but I experience exactely the same problem wit Sumifs in link -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Maybe you could rewrite your formula using =sumproduct() (which will work with closed workbooks): =SUMPRODUCT(--('C:\My Documents\excel\[book1.xls]Sheet1'!$A$1:$A$30=D8), 'C:\My Documents\e...

Making data span 2 columns
Hi, I'm new to this community and new to the RMS system. I am trying to modify the PrintTransactionDetails sub in the receipt.xml to be 2 columns and put the entry.description information onto another row. The person who writes the descriptions likes to be wordy and I need the entire 40 columns in order to hold the text. I changed the 3 columns into 2 with a format of 71% for the item number or description and 29% for the sales amount. The description and a null field occupy the first row and the item number and amount occupies the second row. I have the transaction d...

Outlook 2003 Sends Read Receipt Requests
This is happening on all messages sent and even though the settings are such that it should not be sending them. I checked this on the individual messages and in the Tools>Options>E-Mail Options>Tracking Options and in neither location is that set to request a receipt. Any help is appreciated. Does this describe your issue? http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2008/up081023.htm#4 -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. ALWAYS post your Outlook version. How to ask a question: http://support.microsoft.com/KB/555375 After furious head...

How can i change chart data point format based on value?
I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would like to change the color of an individual data point column depending on value. Thanks very much. You want to make a conditional chart: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ConditionalChart1.html - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services, Inc. http://PeltierTech.com/WordPress/ _______ "Harold96" <Harold96@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3674450D-70A9-4227-B29A-36262B7BE723@microsoft.com... >I have a simple column chart with a single data series. I would...

Exchange 5.5: Administrator
I'd like to be able to send mail as a user on my system. Currently, we use 3rd party software to track helpdesk emails and such. People continue to email my box when they should be sending the requests to support. I'd like to forward all of these emails to support from their accounts so they can track their support request. Here's the catch: I want to do this without being a delegate for their account. Is this possible? ...

errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003)
I use Outlook 2003 I've tried to configure Hotmail on Outlook 2003 I keep getting the following errors while trying to send / receive messages thru hotmail (using Outlook 2003) -------------------------- errors -------------------------- Task 'Hotmail - Sending' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' Task 'Hotmail: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC19) : 'A timeout occurred while communicating with the server.' --------------------------------------------------------------- ...

geographic map data
I would like to find a simple set of geographic map data (Latitude and Longitude) in EXCEL tables for drawing country outline maps for use in EXCEL Charts ...

Calculate total number off cells with data in
Hi All Hope I find you well I have a spreadsheet that has a number of cells that may or may not have data in them depending on curtain criteria. What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? Hi Gazza, > What I would like to be able to do is count the number of cells with data in (data is alphanumerical) and display the total number of cells with data in in a different cell. Any ideas? > Check out the COUNTA worksheet function. Regards, Jan Kare...

Open form based on selection
I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I selected in [frm_modelselect]. How do I go about doing this? Thanks in advance. Travis On Mon, 30 Apr 2007 14:24:04 -0700, Tdahlman wrote: > I have a form [frm_modelselect] where I will select a chair model. Then I > want to hit a command, or just have a macro that runs onChange. > Either way, I want to open a specific form based on the Model that I > selected in [frm_...

Unable to send e-mail and get error message when opening live mail
This is the message I get Your server has unexpectedly terminated the connection. Possible causes for this include server problems, network problems, or a long period of inactivity. Subject 'pic' Server: 'post.camtel.net' Windows Live Mail Error ID: 0x800CCC0F Protocol: SMTP Port: 25 Secure(SSL): No I call server and all is well. Turn off e-mail scanning in your anti-virus program. It is a redundant layer of protection that eats up CPUs, slows down sending and receiving, and causes a multitude of problems such as time-outs, account setting change...

Determine if data is trending UP or DOWN
All I posted this question in another area with little activity. Please review my question and reply with any suggestions http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.worksheetfunctinos/browse_thread/thread/51433fe1f0242504/f908dfbcb5ae9487?hl=en#f908dfbcb5ae9487 Ignore all points except the first and the last. If the last point is greater than the first point, the trend is up. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200719 "Steve" wrote: > All I posted this question in another area with little activity. > Please review my question and reply with any suggestions > ...

Excel 2002: Can I save all files by just one click ?
Hi, I have 10 working files in an active window. There is no Save All button under the file menu. May I know if I can save all the files at one click without having to exit excel ? Thanks Low This delivers it in 2 clicks ... Hold down Shift key, click File > Close All Then click "Yes to All" in the ensuing prompt to save changes Success? Celebrate it, hit the YES below -- Max Singapore --- "Mr. Low" wrote: > I have 10 working files in an active window. > There is no Save All button under the file menu. > May I know if I c...

None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient
I have a user who occassionally get the following when she tries to send an email: Your message did not reach some or all of the intended recipients The following recipient(s) could not be reached: LastName, FirstName on 5/3/2010 11:02 PM None of your e-mail accounts could send to this recipient. There were three users in the To field and she got this for all three; the From field was empty. I checked TechNet and found some information, but none of it seems to apply to her: all three recipients are in the same domain as the sender and on the same Exchange mail...

Exchange 2000 question regarding one AD object with 2 mailboxes
Help please. Exchange 2000 AD 2003. We have a mailbox for our Support desk. This mailbox is called supportdesk. So the AD object is also called supportdesk. We need to change the name to helpdesk. Prior to doing this we want to advertise the new name to all staff. Is there a way we can make the new AD object called helpdesk and then assign the old supportcenter mailbox to it before deleting the existing supportdesk mailbox . I.e create new account with mailbox called helpdesk and also have mailbox called supportdesk assigned to it as well. So if mail goes to supportdesk mailbox...

Copy filtered data (Values only)
The following code copies filtered data: Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Destination:=Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1") but copies values and formulae. (e.g. .PasteSpecial xlPasteValues) How do I modify to the copy only the values Thanks! Set Rng = ActiveSheet.AutoFilter.Range Rng.Copy Worksheets("Sheet2").Range("A1").PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett@gmail.com "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5E54D33F-2...

cannot send e-mails using windows mail
I cannot send e-mails using my Windows e-mail. I think I have probably set it up incorrectly. How can I reset it so that I can use it? Thanks Glenn What happens when you try? Any error message? Please post the error message in its entirety. You can left click on it to highlight and then right click to copy and then paste it into this thread. -- Bruce Hagen MS-MVP [Mail] Imperial Beach, CA "glenn" <glenn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD0CE029-59E6-48E0-AF1F-6847C8D8B83A@microsoft.com... >I cannot send e-mai...

How to retrieve real data type of function's parameters
Hi all, I have a function which accepts some parameters. When I call this function, I used some casting operation and In this function I want to get the real data type name of these parameters. Can I do it? If I can, how should I do? Please help me. Thanks. If you are looking for something like .NET reflection, you won't find an identical equivalent. But look up "Run-Time Type Information" and "Accessing Run-Time Class Information" on MSDN. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "Nguyen Van Binh" <binhnv@...

Form Queries
I have a form [View Grievance Reports] with several reports set to run by a single macro [View Grievance Reports Macros]. The form [View Grievance Reports] has an unbounded list box that uses a table [Grievance Reports Table] as the row source type. The report based macro works perfectly. I’m now trying to adapt this form and macro to open a specific query when I either click or double click on the query listed on the form. I can get the Query based macro to work if I enter each query for click and double click. If a query is listed on the form and it is not entered in the macro the q...

Linking forms and reports.
I am trying to find the easiest method to write code which would allow me to open a report from a form linking up to five fields. For example: I have a form linked to a table that contains hundreds of jobs (tblJobs). In the form I want to be able to click a command button and pull up a report on the potential clients (tblClients) who fit the matching criteria in the current form. The criteria fields may be City, Job Category, Age Requirement, etc. Any thoughts? -- Rose The most flexible way is to use the WhereCondition of OpenReport, so you can use any combination of c...

Time Card Reports - Looking for an Improved One
can someone please share with me an improved Time Card Report? cfo@virtualmagic.net.nospam (please remove the NO spam) Thanks a lot J I forwarded this to John M. He made one that works better -- Elizabeth M. "ParkRanger" <bfgpaintball.com> wrote in message news:eNEc$aomEHA.3608@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > can someone please share with me an improved Time Card Report? > > cfo@virtualmagic.net.nospam (please remove the NO spam) > > Thanks a lot > > J > > Still waiting :( "Elizabeth" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

How do you hide .00's in a worksheet & keep the ones that say 10.7
I want to be able to have all my .00's in worksheet as not showing the decimal places, and want to keep all the ones that have decimal places as .75 etc. In other words, I don't want to "hide" the 2 decimal places that actually have cents on there (for example, keep all the 10.75's, 10.68's, but hide all the zeros in 10.00 so that tht zero cents just show as 10 instead of 10.00....)? I don't want to have to go and select all the individual cells that show with zeros and change them to showing zero decimals... Format the cells as General (Format...

Access 2007 error when sending email through Outlook 2007
I send email using this module: Sub sbSendMessage(argRecipient, argFrom, argSubject, argBody, argUserKey, argNbrEmail) Dim objOutlook As Outlook.Application Dim objOutlookMsg As Outlook.MailItem Dim objOutlookRecip As Outlook.Recipient Dim objOutlookAttach As Outlook.Attachment Dim tmpRecipient As String Dim tmpSubject As String Dim tmpBody As String Dim tmpFrom As String Dim tmpUserKey As Long Dim tmpNbrEmail As Integer tmpRecipient = argRecipient tmpSubject = argSubject tmpBody = argBody tmpFrom = argFrom tmpUserKey = argUserKey ...

integration manager error: Scrolling window link table not on form
We've had this integration running for the last couple of years and today it stopped. I get this error: "DOC 1 ERROR: Scrolling window link table not on form." regardless of whether I run it on new or processed data. I think this causes the balance of the documents to fail. Here is the full log. Integration Log Integration: AR Sale Invoice Upload (ID: 41) Action: None Start Time: 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 Opening source query... 8/16/2006 12:40:03 PM Source: IIntegrationEngine_Run, Status Code: 0 ...

data input format
Hi I have a user entry form and need to ensure the correct data format is used when entering. At the moment it is a text box on a VBA data entry form, I want to code the text box to only accept dd/mm/yy format. -- thanks Roy If you get the dat as a string, then you can perform very specific tests on parts of that string. For example: Sub StrictFormat() Dim s As String, i As Integer s = Application.InputBox(prompt:="Date?", Type:=2) If Len(s) <> 8 Then MsgBox "Bad Format" Exit Sub End If ary = Split(s, "/") If UBound...