select a record using datasheet view, then use form view to edit

Here's what I'm trying to do:

I've created a form using autoform which creates a form with the parent
table info on top and the child table below in datasheet view which is what I
want because I want the user to be able to see all the related records
easily.  How can I open the child record in form view from the datasheet
view?

thanks for your input

Updating a table from Form Entry
I have a form that pops up when a user clicks a button to Print said form. The form is for the user to enter the name of the table and any footnotes for that particular form, this form is connected to a table that stores this information for everytime the report is printed. THe problem I having is that when the user enters the information and clicks [PRINT] the report is blank, when I open the table the info the user has entered has not updated onto the table yet. Is there a way so that when the user clicks [PRINT] the footnote table will update BEFORE the report prints? Larry -- Neve...

Update textbox on form
The following are events on two combo boxes on a subform "NewJobsSubform", the first sets the rowsource of the second and also sets a default value in the second. The second event sets the value in the text box "Sell" to the price associated with the RepProduct in cboRepProduct - collected from the table "RepairProducts". "Private Sub cboCatName_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Me.cboRepProduct.RowSource = "SELECT RepairProduct.RepProduct FROM" & _ " RepairProduct WHERE CatName = '" & Me.cboCatName.Value...

Process all cells in a (user) selection
I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined selection; Dim aCell As Range For Each aCell In Sheet4.Range("A4:A34") ' Do Stuff Here Next aCell which processes every cell in the A4:A34 Range How do I do the same thing for a selection drawn by the user before pressing my 'Process' button ? Thanks On 05 May 2010 11:10:21 GMT, Isis <isissoft@NOSPAMbtinternet.com> wrote: >I am using this code to give me cell by cell access to a code defined >selection; > >Dim aCell As Range >For Each aCell In S...

last 4 wk average using calculated pivotitem
Hi, I am trying to create a pivot table/chart from data that is listed b week. So my table has "week" as the row field and "total X" as th column field. I want the chart to display the total for each week as bar (the easy part) and also to graph the average of the last fou weeks as a line on top of the bar graph. I have tried to figure ou how to add a calculated pivot item but I can't seem to get it to wor right. So for each week there would be a second almost subtotal lik entry that calculates the average for the previous four weeks (if ther aren't four previo...

Forms Based Authentication
I have configured Exchange 2003 Server on Windows 2003 Server. Everything works , HTTP,HTTPS, OWA Password change , but whenever I enable forms based authentication I recieve an error "440 login timeout" and the page will not load. Pls Help Regards I hesitate, because it doesn't fully match your diagnosis but take a look at: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en- us;817379 to see if it's of any help. >-----Original Message----- >I have configured Exchange 2003 Server on Windows 2003 Server. Everything >works , HTTP,HTTPS, OWA Password change ,...

Upgrade to enterprise edition
Is it easy to upgrade exchange 2000 standard single server, to a 2000 enterprise? Should I just put the CD in and follow the instruction or that would be more complecate? Are there any things i should consider before doing that? Thanks in advance for any suggestion-rob On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 15:36:34 -0500, "Rob" <rob@hotmail.com> wrote: >Is it easy to upgrade exchange 2000 standard single server, to a 2000 >enterprise? Should I just put the CD in and follow the instruction or that >would be more complecate? >Are there any things i should consider before doing that...

how to edit my x-axis data on a line graph
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel my x axis data on my graph is just showing numbers 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11.... and it is suppose to show the years. I can't figure out how to change these values ...

Viewing an Excel sheet w/out all the empty fields...
How do you create a spreadsheet that only shows the fileds with data in them? -How do you get rid of all the empty rows/columns, to ease viewing for those who are easily confused by excel spreadsheets? (I don't know how else to emaplin my question... I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible...) Please help... Hi! >I just don't want the extra columns & rows there, if that's possible... Just hide them! Suppose the last column in your sheet that contains data is column H. You can hide columns I:IV so that after column H all you ...

Using XP Briefcase with money file

View in new Portfolio Manager
Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of security. I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager. Am I missing something? Charlie On May 22, 9:57=A0pm, charlie <char...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Older portfolio manager had a view available which displayed by type of > security. =A0I am unable to find this option in the new portfolio manager= .. =A0Am > I missing something? > Charlie You didn't state which version of Money you are using but I'll attempt to answer. If you are using Money Plus, you can choos...

How to view the code for excel built-in functions?
Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). thanks. No, the code is compiled, so it would likely be less than useful anyway. About the best you can do is check out the equations used in Help (see "PV"). In article <OSU3OXOBGHA.1676@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl>, "serdar" <s@s.com> wrote: > Is it possible? -For example the function PMT(). > thanks. ...

Please help with last formula for order form.
I am able to accomplish this with 1 column by the formulas below. Cell H160 is the subtotal: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)>0,SUM(H72:H111),"") Cell H166 the total: =IF(SUM(H160)>0,SUM((H160*H163)+H160),"") Cell H163 is for Tax. I am almost finished creating an order form. I would like to get the SUM of 3 different columns that are separated. I am not able auto fill strait down the column, because the information is separated in groups with titles, and the cells are not identically sized. I tried varations of this formula: =IF(SUM(H72:H111)+(116:131)+(135:154)>0,SUM ((H72:H...

select database
Hi all Prob an easy one but is there a keyboard shortcut to select a whole range of data (database) in excel. Or select just the filled in data. I know ctrl A selects all - is there a variation on this? any help greatly appreciated cheers Rexmann Hi Rexmann You can use Ctrl * to select the current region -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "rexmann" <rexmann@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:019FE07A-9C7D-4300-9137-646406AAAA48@microsoft.com... > Hi all > > Prob an easy one but is there a keyboard shortcut to select a whole range ...

Automatically generate a new record
Can I autumatically generate a new record adding information (future date) from a current record? Yes. In your form have Double-click event call an append query that pull data from your form fields to append one record. INSERT INTO [YourTableToAppendInto] ( Field1, Field2, Field3, Field4 ) SELECT TOP 1 [Forms]![YourForm]![1stField] AS [X], [Forms]![YourForm]![2ndtField] AS [Y], [Forms]![YourForm]![2rdtField] AS [Z], [Forms]![YourForm]![4thtField] AS [A]; -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Crown Jenny" wrote: > Can I autumatically generate a new record addin...

Recovery after "do not save changes" selected accidently
I mistakenly clicked on "do not save changes" for a worksheet (file) that i'd been working on (I thought a different file was highlighted). As it turns out I had not saved the original file in over a day, though the autosave is set up. is there any way to get my file back, or at least an intermediate version, instead of one with a day's less of work??? help!!!!!! Thanks very much for your help! Sorry to say, but your day's work is gone. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Mayukh" <msukhatme@hotmail.com> wrote in...

Interactive web spreaadsheet viewing
I built an interactive speadsheet for the internet in Excel XP and it works and looks fine from my PC, but when I go to another PC that doesn't have Office XP on it, I get an error message that states I need some kind of component to properly view the spreadsheet. Is this something I can get and if so, will it run from the server or does it need to be offered as a download, plugin, or whatever? Any suggestions and/or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!!! ...

Setting default program for viewing pictures
How do I set the default program for viewing picture attachments? I use Outlook Express 6 and when I click to open an attached picture it opens to JASC Paint Shop Pro 8 but no picture appears. In the past Explorer opened up my pictures. Can any one give me the steps to change the default from paint Shop to Explorer?? Hi Digitdan, Change the program that starts when you open a file http://office.microsoft.com/assistance/preview.aspx?AssetID=HP051925951033&C TT=1&Origin=EC790000701033&QueryID=bSa5KrD4N0&Query=Change+the+program+that+ starts+when+you+open+a+file&Scop...

View both incoming/outgoing messages by Thread or Conversation ? #2
Is it possible to view messages in outlook 2003 by Thread or Conversation, both incoming and outgoing, in a single folder, or Inbox, just like Outlook Express News Reader. For example: + Sent Message + Received Reply +Sent Message or Replied + Received Reply I tried using Arrange by Conversation Option in outlook 2003 Inbox Folder, but its just showing Inbox Messages, not Sent Items Messages. Best Regards, Luqman ...

Windows Millennium Edition
Anybody know what's the highest version of Publisher that works on Windows Me. I am planning to upgrade, honest. Liam After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Liam <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com>... > Anybody know what's the highest version of Publisher that > works on Windows Me. Publisher 2002. Publisher 2003 works on Windows 2000 SP3, Windows XP, and higher. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

can't find form
i have a command button on a form [frmMainMenu] that when clicked, closes that form and opens another [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions]. The 2 share the same table as a record source, so i'm doing this to avoid conflicting updates the code behind [frmMainMenu] reads like this (below), and functions correctly DoCmd.Close stDocName = "frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions" DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal on the new form [frmFixtureSchedulePrintOptions], there is a command button to save to close itself, and open the previous from [frmMainMenu], and the ...

Using a variable for a chart limit
Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Vince F Hi, See Jon's information http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AxisScaleLinkToSheet.html Cheers Andy Vince F wrote: > Since I got instant help on my last query, is there any way to use a cell > reference as an axis minimum or maximum in format axis? It seems impossible, > but there is a lot of experience out there. Thanks in advance. -- Andy Pop...