Search information using the main form

I am making a access db with a main form and linked a subform.
I can show the record by entering the primary key in the main form and the
subform will show the relevant information --- that is ok!
But i try to enter infomation in the other text box in main form but no
action only the table content changed! ---- problem
How to use the other text boxes to search the record and the result can be
seen in main form and of course related record will be shown in the sub-form
as using the primary key.
How to prevent the content to be changed as mentioned but only after the
button will created later to add, edit , del record... etc.
Really thankful for any your help!
Fred Ho

You don't mention which version you are using, so the menus may be
different. Right -click in the control you wish to search and the click in
the "Filter for" box. Enter your search criteria, which can use a wildcard
(like: micro*), then press the Enter key.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Fred" <Fred@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am making a access db with a main form and linked a subform.
> I can show the record by entering the primary key in the main form and the
> subform will show the relevant information --- that is ok!
> But i try to enter infomation in the other text box in main form but no
> action only the table content changed! ---- problem
> How to use the other text boxes to search the record and the result can be
> seen in main form and of course related record will be shown in the
> sub-form
> as using the primary key.
> How to prevent the content to be changed as mentioned but only after the
> button will created later to add, edit , del record... etc.
> Really thankful for any your help!
> Fred Ho

0
Arvin
10/27/2007 4:47:32 PM
In fact i am using the form as an interface for the user to search
information as mentioned, so I wouldl like the main form will be able to show
the info. which matched the user input in the text box in the main form and
do not amend the table content. The filter function i think not what I want.
The sub form content can be search as I change the ID in the main form that
is right but how to make query using the other fields( the text boxs)in the
main form?
for adding,changing and del function I will ass buttons for them.
Thanks for any help!

Inconsistent Free/Busy information
When booking appointments I am seeing the following problem: When I view someone's free/busy information the graph that represents the meetings does not reflect what is in the calendar. But when I mouse over the graph (for example a blue line representing a meeting from 10am - 11am) I do see the correct time in the mouse over pop up window. So a meeting from 10am - 11am represented by a graph line from 10am -10:30am when mouse'd over would correctly show the meeting as being from 10am - 11am. This is causing a small amount of havoc for my user community because when they s...

Using scanner in Word97

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

Using later version of microsoft access

Using Company Wide Mail Templates.

Dynamic Range Selection Using VBA

Updating Credit Card Information
I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this problem. On 2005-03-23, Lou <Lou@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have been trying counless times to update my credit card information from > several Banks, but Money states that the system is unaavaible or the > transaction cannot be completed at this time. What can I do to correct this > problem. Well it depends on how long you've been tr...

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

VBA form
Im using a form/macro that i linked to through another thread and a tailoring it to my needs. I basically have it doing what i need but cant get a button to do what i want. When the user starts the macro i brings up the form with a message and 2 buttons (Continue/Cancel). Whe continue is pressed i want the message on the form to change to aniothe message and so on until all messages are shown. Ive attacehed what i working on and apprecaite any help offered. Thank yo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Excel.zip ...

Using Publisher 200 with Publisher 2003

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...

Speeing up searches in CRM
When our call agents take a call and then search for a student by name or ID it is taking about 10-15 seconds to return the search results. Is there a way to improve the search response time? I'm wondering if there is a config setting in CRM, or are we talking additional indexes on the actual SQL tables, any ideas?!??! Thanks. To speed up searches you will have to add indexes to the database. There are white papers available on this subject (crm 4.0 performance) http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ba826cee-eddf-4d6e-842d-27fd654ed893&DisplayLang=en http://...

How to use different return email addresses
I use outlook 98. I have a mailbox with three aliases. People sending me emails can use any of the three email aliases and the email will arrive in the same mailbox. Accessing the mailbox once will retrieve all messages regardless of which alias was used. If I reply to these emails though, I want the recipient to think that the email has come from the alias that they originally used. What outlook always seems to do is use the email address of the service that is listed first in Tools->Services->Delivery. Is there any way Outlook can be set up so when I reply to a given email, my email ...

Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon.
Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... How do I get it to save using commas only (,)? (I'm using semicolons for other delimitations and so can't just do a global replace.) Thanks so much for your help! Hi Excel uses your Windows regional settings for saving CSV files. Also ho should an importing program of this CSV file know whether it is the list separator or one of your other separators? -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany CCinItly wrote: > Save as CSV isn't saving comma delimited, but is using semi-colon... > How do I get it ...

easy to use templates
Hi We have outlook templates that people fill in each morning and send to a distribution list. But they are not that easy to fill out as you have to place the curser in the proper spot to type then do that throughout the entire document. It is easy to overlook items. Is there a way to set up a template that you can just hit tab or enter and it automatically goes to the next area that you need to type information? -- Thank-you! Ruth What exactly are you using now? In other words, what do you mean by "templates"? Also, do you meet the prerequisites for using...

Using ACT! with Outlook
I want to use ACT! with Outlook 2002 to track my emails. The Outlook Help contents say to go to Tools, Options, and there will be a tab for ACT! to click to attach emails to contacts. The ACT! tab does not show up. Is there a way to get the ACT! tab to show? Thanks for any help! Check Help > About Microsoft Outlook > Disabled items. If the add-in for ACT is listed there, re-enable it. -- TechieBird http://bwain-dump.blogspot.com "Jon K" wrote: > I want to use ACT! with Outlook 2002 to track my emails. The Outlook Help > contents say to go to Tools, Optio...

custom forms #3
Hello, I would like to use forms customised on outlook on a pocket pc. I wish to send an e-mail using a customised form, and have the customised e-mail appear correctly on a pocket pc once it has downloaded the e-mail via gprs. So, my question is, is it possible to install customised forms on a pocket pc? many thanks in advance. Mike. Not Outlook forms. Maybe something else; ask in a Pocket PC group. -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx...

All controls on my form have become invisible. How to make visible
Some how with out me knowing I have made all controls on my form invisible when I view the form. In design view they are visible so I know I didn't delete them all. Is there a property besides form visibility or detail visibility that controls this? How Do I make them come back. OSeanS wrote: > Some how with out me knowing I have made all controls on my form > invisible when I view the form. In design view they are visible so I > know I didn't delete them all. Is there a property besides form > visibility or detail visibility that controls this? How Do I make > them...