Scroll Bar on Forms

I am using tab controls to move through my forms. When the form opens, the
right scroll bar is not at the top, but a little ways down. This prevents the
tabs from being seen, without moving the scroll bar to the top. I am using a
Form Header and a detail section. How can I make sure the scroll bar on the
right, stays at the top upon opening the form.

Thanks

In your form's Load event, SetFocus to a control that can receive the focus
and will result in your form being scrolled to the proper location,

--

HTH
Stephen Lebans

"cbhealth" <cbhealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am using tab controls to move through my forms. When the form opens, the
> right scroll bar is not at the top, but a little ways down. This prevents
> the
> tabs from being seen, without moving the scroll bar to the top. I am using
> Form Header and a detail section. How can I make sure the scroll bar on
> the
> right, stays at the top upon opening the form.
>
> Thanks

0
Stephen
5/17/2007 2:23:54 PM
Thanks what control would I set it to?

"Stephen Lebans" wrote:

> In your form's Load event, SetFocus to a control that can receive the focus
> and will result in your form being scrolled to the proper location,
>
> --
>
> HTH
> Stephen Lebans
> http://www.lebans.com
> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>

> "cbhealth" <cbhealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am using tab controls to move through my forms. When the form opens, the
> > right scroll bar is not at the top, but a little ways down. This prevents
> > the
> > tabs from being seen, without moving the scroll bar to the top. I am using
> > Form Header and a detail section. How can I make sure the scroll bar on
> > the
> > right, stays at the top upon opening the form.
> >
> > Thanks

The top control on the form header?

It sounds as though your TabOrder may not be set correctly. Open the form in
Design view, and take a look at View | Tab Order.

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

> Thanks what control would I set it to?
>
> "Stephen Lebans" wrote:
>
>> In your form's Load event, SetFocus to a control that can receive the
>> focus
>> and will result in your form being scrolled to the proper location,
>>
>> --
>>
>> HTH
>> Stephen Lebans
>> http://www.lebans.com
>> Access Code, Tips and Tricks
>> Please respond only to the newsgroups so everyone can benefit.
>>

>> "cbhealth" <cbhealth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I am using tab controls to move through my forms. When the form opens,
>> >the
>> > right scroll bar is not at the top, but a little ways down. This
>> > prevents
>> > the
>> > tabs from being seen, without moving the scroll bar to the top. I am
>> > using
>> > Form Header and a detail section. How can I make sure the scroll bar on
>> > the
>> > right, stays at the top upon opening the form.
>> >
>> > Thanks

0
Douglas

Change/revision bars in the margin
In days of yore, when GML was still the style to create documents in (yes, now I'm betraying my age!), one could indicate revisions to a large document by adding a markup character in the margin. For instance, a horizontal bar - | It was a manual and rather tedious process, but it meant that a document could be quickly reviewed for changes. Is there a similar technique for a Word (2007, if it matters) document that does not include color or other font changes? You can set Track Changes to use what it calls "Changed lines" only. Just set the formatting for inserti...

Use Form to prompt for report criteria

Form Creation To Track Investments
Hi all, Firstly, can I say I have been through the forum looking for an answe and have came up with nothing but VBA solutions. For someone wit absolutely no VBA experience, this is daunting!! I'm attempting to create a workbook which will contain 9 worksheets o separate investment portfolios, from which I will use excel to analys the data. However, my problem lies in getting the data in there in th first place. Ideally I would like another worksheet to contain nothing but a for which would allow me to choose the portfolio, the investment, date o valuation and value. Data from this form w...

how do I change the table from which a form obtains data
I have a form that I have set up, but I would like to re-create it several times and change the table that each copy gets data from. EG Table 1 feeds Form A. I want to copy this form to create form B but it currently gets data from table 1, so I need to change it so that it now gets data from table 2. That's probably clear as mud but hopefully someone can help me! thanks Jo, If all the tables have exactly the same fields, you just need to change the Form's RecordSource. Copy the form to another name, and change the RecordSource table, or more usually, a query against the...

X Error Bars appearring when it is not set
Hi, I am using the ErrorBars in my chart. I only want the Y Error Bars to show on my chart and I set it correctly in my program using .ErrorBar Direction:=xlY but it appears as a bug in Microsoft Excel Macro. I tried the method in Article 157110 of the Microsoft Knowledge Base to remove the erronously set X Error Bars as follows and it doesn't seem to work: Application.ExecuteExcel4Macro ("SELECT(""Series 1 X Error Bars"")") Selection.Delete What else should I check or what other method can I use? Is this problem corrected in the the latest Microsoft...

Forms dating
I have a form setup for entry of a accounts payable voucher. The form is created off of a table and seems to work fine in creating the records, along with the find and duplicate command buttons I have created to decrease the data entry. So I am stuck on 2 things to finish this up. I need the voucher date field to update with today's date, it will on a fresh entry but not if I utilize the duplicate function. Is there a way to accomplish this? ...

quick acces tool bar
How do I add text to the icons ? hi right click any tool bar. from the popup, select customize. when the customize box comes up, click the icon you wish to have text. on the customize box click modify selection. from the popup, select name and give it the text you wish to display. click modify selection again.... 1. click text only(always) - displays text only - no icon, menus and tool bars. 2. click text only(menus) - displays text in menus, icon on toolbar. 3. click image and text - displays text and icon in menus and toolbars. regards FSt1 "Julian Brotherton" wrote: &...

Populating a form..
Hello, I am VERY new at access so please be gentle. I am trying to populate a form with table data that is linked to a selected item presented in a list box. Each of the items in the list box have data stored in a table. I am looking for maybe some VB that when that item is highlighted and a button at the bottom is pushed, it opens another form and the table data is displayed. To complicate things, the form I want to open up have a subform as well. PLEASE help! Thanks! On Wed, 30 Dec 2009 02:25:58 GMT, "thewabit" <u57141@uwe> wrote: >Hello, > >...

Y error bars #2
Can anyone tell me if there is a way to adjust the width of the horizontal portion of the y error bar. I want it to be the same width as the bars on my bar chart. Thanks John Technically you are limited to what you can do with error bars. You can work around these limitations but its quite a chore. For example, create two additional series one with a value of the lower error bar, the other with a value of the amount the upper error bar extends beyond the lower. Add these two series to the chart. One at a time change their axis to the Secondary axis. Then change their type to Sta...

User form #2
Hi All: Would it be better to use code with a msg box to enter data into a range of cells or would a UserForm be better? Is it possible to use a UserForm to place data in only a range of cells? If that can be done can it place the data in the selected cell within that range? Mike Rogers You mean inputbox? If you have lots of data to retrieve all at once, a userform seems better to me. If it's just one per row, maybe inputbox would suffice. Debra Dalgleish has some getstarted notes at: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Mike Rogers wrote: > > Hi All: > > Woul...

SOP lookup form
Hi, GP version 9.0. In SOP lookup for document and customer ID form, by default will display all the documents and customers, but now we want to query and display the documents or customers where current login user are incharge for that customers only. The incharge person will store in database when new customer is entered. So any idea on how to query the lookup form? Thanks in advance. Regards, Chee SL. Chee, This has to be customized; you have the following customization options: 1. The simplest one will “Filter” the data not “Restrict” the access if that will be enough, that by c...

Entering 1st Field on Form Without Highlighting
I am using Access 2000. I have a form that has a history by year of different fees. Each row on the form has the: -Year- - Fee Type- -Amount- When the form is opened the cursor goes to the top row -Year- field. The cursor blinks in that field and the contents of that field (2009) for example, is highlighted. This highlighting makes it difficuld to read. Is there any way to turn off the highlighting? It might be easier to start with the cursor at the end of the textbox. That was there is no highlighting. Tools >>> Options >>> Keyboard tab &...

Survey forms??
I'm not quite sure if this is the proper forum to post this but... I want to create a survey form in html format so respondents would just need to go online, fill out the survey and submit the results. I then need to collect the information so I can organzize the data and analyze them. I have all the questions I need to ask but I'm no good at converting them to html via Frontpage. Would anyone please point to me a good source of info into doing this? or better yet would anyone here know how to do it? Many thanks ...

Printing Labels from a form?
Greetings, Goal: I just want a form where the user can type in what needs to be printed on a label and click the print button to print it. For example: If the user needs to print a label that says: Monday, they type monday into a text box and click print and the label prints. Any ideas, I don't need the any of the information they are typing in saved, just need the user to be able to print custom labels when needed. Thanks in advance for your responses, they are appreciated:) -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com On Tue, 17 Nov 2009 12:47:08 GMT, "...

Error with syntax using FORM.FILTER with Like and Or
This works correctly: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" FilterOn = True This doesn't work: Forms![Master Search].Form.Filter = "[GTPO] = Forms![Master Search]! Text63" Or "[Project Name] Like '*" & Forms![Master Search]!Text64 & "*'" FilterOn = True I get a Type Mismatch error when on this second section. ...

Unbound form for data entry on multiple front ends
I'm using an unbound form to input data into a record via VB code that runs once the last field on the form us updated. This code opens the table, writes the data to the appropriate fields, closes the table, then clears the form and moves the focus back to the top control of the form. My question is, when I split this database into front and back end sides and put the back end out on the server, will I run into issues with the VB code if by some happenstance two users happen to trigger said code at the same time? I designed this DB this way purposely to try to avoid those issues, an...

Word: Need form's CommandButton to open another doc. HOW?
I'm making a form in Word. I am usually quite fluent...but can not figure out how to tell a CommandButton what to do. HELP!! Is this a command button from the Control Toolbox placed in the body of the document? (There are at least two or three other kinds of buttons in other places.) If so, while you're in Design Mode, double-click the button to open its code window, which will contain two lines of code. Fill in the middle line below, using the actual path and name of an existing document between the quote marks: Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Documents.Open Fil...

How to Requery a form without losing the current record
Hello i have a main form which looks at all my records. another seperate form, not a subform, can create new records in my main data for the first form. the problem is that the main form doesnt update with the new records unless i requery it. when i do that the main form moves to the first record. i want it to stay on the record i was viewing last. how? On Wed, 7 Nov 2007 13:25:02 -0800, DawnTreader <DawnTreader@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello > >i have a main form which looks at all my records. another seperate form, not >a subform, can create new records i...

One bound form does NOT save record
ACCESS Front End SQl Server 2k Back End The application is a perfectly straightforward MS Access MDB file that is linked to a SQL Server database on a LAN. The application has been stable for six years. However, earlier this month the SQL Server box crashed, owing to another database growing too big for its boots. Since then SQL Server has been reinstalled and databases reattached. However, since then there is a really weird bug with the MS Access application. It's a Technical Publications Distribution system. There is one full- time user. It is his responsibility to add new docume...

Requery Form from Combo Box
I have a form with 2 combo boxes. Combo1 has values that restrict what Combo2 shows. Combo 2 will be used after Combo 1 and simply reads the value in combo1 When I open the form and select a value from combo1, combo2 works well. The problem is that the form they are on needs to be requeried. I have tried forms![MainFormName].refresh and that doesn't work. How do I get the main form to requery after combo1 is updated. Thanks. try: me.requery hth -- Maurice Ausum "Anthony Fontana" wrote: > I have a form with 2 combo boxes. Combo1 has val...

Re: Coloring individual points/bars
As there have been several questions piled up on the coloring individual points within a single series, let me offer a solution that I have been using for more then seven years. It proved in the analysis of data, especially then in the connection with next two subs that link color with the flag of relevancy for statistical treatment. Sub naturally loose sense for linear markers (+ × _ - ); for using in such a field it would need small adaptation. It is developed and verified for xl2003, I have never tried to adapt for 2007. Sub MarkerColor() 'Sub changes the colors of indiv...

Form Calculations
Is it possible to have a calculation in a form field to add two numbers together and then dump in the table? ...

Custom Form Not Showing Up
Hello All. Background info: I work in a group of about 6 people and would like to use custom Outlook task requests to assign projects between the six people. We have created a general task folder that all of us have access to and where I would want my custom task request to be assigned from. Problem: When I assign the custom form task from the generic folder to one of the people, when they look at the task, the custom form is not used. What do I do? Any help would be greatly appreciated for this Newb! ...

data entry form #6
I have a template with drop down fields and other data validation. What I need now is when this form is used, to write the selections and other information inputed to a excel data list. How do I do this? -- Tess ...

printing to pre-printed forms
I would like to print MSCRM data out on both pre-printed forms and blank paper with specific formatting. Is Crystal a good, or the best, way to accomplish this or does anyone have better suggestions? Thanks, DH Yes, Crystal is not only very good but probably the best way to do it (you can try using mail merge, but its very limited). Worst case scenario, you write your own app..... -Gary "Dean" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1457501c444e7$20362510$a601280a@phx.gbl... > I would like to print MSCRM data out on both pre-printed > forms a...