Running Totals

I have several fields that I want to sum and display a text box with a
running total.  I do not want to store the total I just want to display the
running total.

Thank you for any assistance you can offer.

Frank

If you mean fields in the form's record source, then create a hidden text box
for each field (if it is not already bound to a control on the form).  Then
in the text box where you want to show the sum use the Control Source
property:
=Nz(textbox1,0) + Nz(textbox2,0) + NzUtextbox3,0)
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Frank" wrote:

> I have several fields that I want to sum and display a text box with a
> running total.  I do not want to store the total I just want to display the
> running total.
>
> Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
>
> Frank
Frank

"several fields" implies totalling "across".

"running total" implies totalling "down".

Please describe what you are trying to do a bit more...

Regards

Jeff Boyce
Microsoft Office/Access MVP

"Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have several fields that I want to sum and display a text box with a
> running total.  I do not want to store the total I just want to display
> the
> running total.
>
> Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
>
> Frank

0
Jeff
1/3/2008 8:40:43 PM
Jeff,

I have 10 text boxes in my form that are set by control source to the
database fields.  I would like to show a textbox in my form that will show a
total of the 10 text boxes.  I do not need to database this text box I just
want to show a total of the other 10 text boxes.

When I say "running" I just mean that when one of the 10 text boxes has a
new entry made that the totaling text box will update.

Thank you

"Jeff Boyce" wrote:

> Frank
>
> "several fields" implies totalling "across".
>
> "running total" implies totalling "down".
>
> Please describe what you are trying to do a bit more...
>
> Regards
>
> Jeff Boyce
> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>
> "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have several fields that I want to sum and display a text box with a
> > running total.  I do not want to store the total I just want to display
> > the
> > running total.
> >
> > Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
> >
> > Frank

Thank you, this works great.

"Klatuu" wrote:

> If you mean fields in the form's record source, then create a hidden text box
> for each field (if it is not already bound to a control on the form).  Then
> in the text box where you want to show the sum use the Control Source
> property:
> =Nz(textbox1,0) + Nz(textbox2,0) + NzUtextbox3,0)
> --
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
>

> "Frank" wrote:
>
> > I have several fields that I want to sum and display a text box with a
> > running total.  I do not want to store the total I just want to display the
> > running total.
> >
> > Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
> >
> > Frank
It sounds like you've already got a workable solution.

By the way, if your underlying table holds multiple fields you are trying to
add (total), you may be dealing with ... a spreadsheet!

If you'll post a description of your underlying table structure, the folks
in the newsgroup may be able to offer alternate approaches that would let
you take advantage of the relationally-oriented features/functions in
Access.

> Jeff,
>
> I have 10 text boxes in my form that are set by control source to the
> database fields.  I would like to show a textbox in my form that will show
> total of the 10 text boxes.  I do not need to database this text box I
> just
> want to show a total of the other 10 text boxes.
>
> When I say "running" I just mean that when one of the 10 text boxes has a
> new entry made that the totaling text box will update.
>
> Thank you
>
> "Jeff Boyce" wrote:
>
>> Frank
>>
>> "several fields" implies totalling "across".
>>
>> "running total" implies totalling "down".
>>
>> Please describe what you are trying to do a bit more...
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Jeff Boyce
>> Microsoft Office/Access MVP
>>
>> "Frank" <Frank@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have several fields that I want to sum and display a text box with a
>> > running total.  I do not want to store the total I just want to display
>> > the
>> > running total.
>> >
>> > Thank you for any assistance you can offer.
>> >
>> > Frank

0
Jeff

Run excel when logged off.
Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in. Is that possible? Thanks, Jasper What happens when you try? Of course if you try accessing "mapped drives", you will have to fix that issue too. Jaz wrote: > Is it possible to run excel when I'm logged of the computer? > > I have a excel document that launches a bunch of macros. I would like to > have task scheduler run it at night without me being logged in...

running eseutil from a remote desktop connection
it takes me an hour to get into work. i have to run eseutil this weekend to defrag my information store due to a lot of deletions. because it will take a number of hours, i'd like to do it remotely using remote desktop connection. that way i can start it and then periodically check on it throughout the day without having to go into the office. i've got a 2k3 server running exchange 2k3 sp2. are there reasons why this may/may not be wise? thank you. ross As long as your server is not setup to disconnect/terminate idle RDP sessions... (on a second thought... you could do it...

Insert a sub-total column AND a total column
I have a ledger with over 350 rows: Columns A-D are text. Column E is the billed amount for the row; Column F is where payments are credited against Column E; Column G is a *balance forward;" and Columns H-J are text entries. I would like to now include a column that will show a running total of Column E (so that I can see, over the years, how much has been billed to the client). If it makes a difference in your response, please note that I have_no_empty columns, and I can't even figure out how to add a new column (K) to accommodate this running tota...

Run Macro If Cell value = "Other"
Alright, I have a very simple macro at the moment that unhides a column and adjusts the print area to suit. What I need is a maco that will run this macro if the cell F4 = "Other" from a drop down menu. Seems painfully simple I just can't find where it is. Cheers If Range("F4").Value = "Other" Then Call yourMacro End If -- HTH Bob Phillips (replace xxxx in the email address with gmail if mailing direct) <bobbly_bob@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1163993734.539069.261810@j44g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... > Alright, I have a ...

Total Sales and Taxable Sales
I am trying to run the tax detail report (report->company->taxes->tax detail) and can not figure out when taxable sales will be different from total sales. I tried to create an invoice which contains one item as taxable and other as non-taxable. But the report increased both total sales and taxable sales with equal amount. i tried to search the documentation, but did not find much. When exactly would these two numbers be different? Any clues? -nagi Take a look at the middle of the left hand side of the Tax Detail Maintenance screen. You can indicate what percentage of th...

Totalling records in a date range
I have a report that shows sums of various fields, grouped by date. If i run my report based on specific dates for example between 1/1/2008 and 1/5/2008, each date is displayed as a page in the report. i am looking to run my report so all my fields are totalled based on the dates selected, without displaying each individual day. I was able to add a field that totals all my fields in the date range, but it doesn't give me the specific totals of each field I am looking for. As always any help is greatly appreciated. -- Jon M. Do not include the dates in the query but the date r...

Totalling yes or No's
Can someone email me a small sample database that reflects a yes or no answer to a group. like if i want to know how many 35, 36, 40 yr olds are married, which is answered by a yes or no. Can some one help Please Email belc...@gmail.com Count Yes/No like this in your query: IIf(FieldName = Yes,1,0) Then set 'View Totals' and set the column to Sum. Steve "belczyk@gmail.com" wrote: > Can someone email me a small sample database that reflects a yes or > no > answer to a group. like if i want to know how many 35, 36, 40 yr > olds > are married, which is...

Create an if-then formula in Excel to limit column total?
I want to limit a column total to 100 percent if the column adds up to greater than 100 percent. Is there an if-then statement for Excel? You could use the MIN function. =MIN(100,SUM(A1:A10)) -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Nancy M" <Nancy M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64FB1BF8-A8BB-4B0E-99BA-AD5620899D20@microsoft.com... >I want to limit a column total to 100 percent if the column adds >up to > greater than 100 percent. Is there an if-then statement for > Excel? ...

Add totals of record type to a form footer.
Hi. I've created a form with ~60 fields. 47 of them are combo boxes with 'yes', 'no' and 'na' options available. I'm trying to create a series of text boxes at the bottom of the form to show the counts of each selection (to be used later in determining a final score, so at the footer the user would see something like Total Questions; 74 Total Not Applicable; 24 Total Yes; 45 Total No; 5 I've so far tried playing around with the expression builder using the 'count' feature but can't quite seem to get the syntax right. Ad...

run time error 10-22-03

Run-Time Error 28
when I used item for sale on POS more than 100, after F12 and then input tender type I have Error #28 out of stack space (source:QSRules) Set Nocount on select item.itemtype, item.parentItem. Item.ParentQuantity, Item.Quantity.............. From Item Where ID=? -My CPU : 1.7 GHz, RAM 256 -My CPU : 2.0 GHz, RAM 512 Both have Error Plase everyone help me.... -_-'' -- TOY2TOY -- TOY2TOY ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the ...

Table missing when running an <Append Query>
Here is the scenario... --> I am running Microsoft Access 2003 at work. I have had numerous IT personnel look at my problem. They all came back with the same answer..."blank stares" --> I open a new DB. I append 2 basic excel files as tables. I select to use header row as header columns. Like I said very basic. This problem also exists when creating 2 blank tables. I would name them table1 and table2. --> My objective is to append table2 to table1. So I open a new query in design view. I select to show table2. I go to the query selection and select <append query>. ...

Access Modules Won't Run Now
I moved my database file from one computer to another. Now, my code is not executing. For example, I have some code that is supposed to run when a field "gets focus (i.e. On Got Focus)". It is not working. Since I am in Microsoft Access 2007, I went to the "Office Button" and then clicked the "Access Button" then went to the "Trust Center" Option and clicked on the "Trust Center Settings..." button. I then went to the "Macro Settings" and changed the setting to "Enable all macros...". However, this had no impact on run...

Programmatically running SQL Query
I have an SQL query that is defined programmatically which looks like this SELECT PS.*, Verification.* FROM PS LEFT JOIN Verification ON PS.[Non-Empl ID] = Verification.[Non-Empl ID] UNION ALL SELECT PS.*, Verification.* FROM PS RIGHT JOIN Verification ON PS.[Non-Empl ID] = Verification.[Non-Empl ID] WHERE PS.[Non-Empl ID] Is Null How do I create this query programmatically in access and run it? Thanks, Barb Reinhardt =?Utf-8?B?QmFyYiBSZWluaGFyZHQ=?= wrote: > > I have an SQL query that is defined programmatically which looks like this > > SELECT PS.*...

Outlook must be running
Whenever I try to send an email by right-clicking on a file | SEND TO | MAIL RECIPIENT I get an error message when Outlook 2000 is not running...why won't this spawn the program automatically anymore? Please advise? This has always been the behavior. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Having searched the archives, RobbL <robbll@nospamearthlink.net> asked | Whenever I try to send an email by right-clicking on a file | SEND TO | | MAIL RECIPIENT I get an error message when Outlook 2000 is not | running...why won'...

Run-Time Error 438 Outlook
Hello. I'm trying to run a function out of MS Outlook VBA and having difficulty. On my main PC it works just fine. On my remote desktop I seem to get the error: "Run-Time Error: 438. Object doesn't support this property or method". Again, this is only on my second computer, and I have put the script in both computer's version of Outlook. Here is the script: Public Function SendEmail(strTo As String, _ strSubject As String, _ strMessageBody As String, _ Optional strAttachmentPaths As String, _ ...

How to control another program to run cryptically?
Hi all, i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has SplashWindow, which i can't control it. How to implement that? thanks > i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has > SplashWindow, which i can't control it. > How to implement that? > What do you mean by "control it"? What do you want to do with this window? --- Ajay What do you want to do? joe On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:49:45 +0800, "Sean" <xfbakup@21cn.com> wrote: >Hi all, >i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has &...

Multiple instance of Outlook 2003 running
When I open Outlook and it starts send/receive mail at some point another instance of Outlook starts. So I have two and sometimes three instances of Outlook running the same time. I have three email accounts configured in Outlook and don't know if this is causing the problem. I never had this problem with Outlook 2000 using the same email accounts. Is their a way to stop multiple instances of Outlook from opening? Do you have any add-ins runing that use Outlook, like a PDA, or a program such as Infuzer? -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the d...

Problem with VBA code not running in Excel 2003
Hi All, I have recently developed a sheet which checks the distance between 2 postcodes and then outputs results to another sheet and sorts them by distance (closest to furthest). This works perfectly in Excel 2007 (which I developed the sheet with) but when my collegue runs it in 2003 the code for the sort fails. The code is: Range(Selection, Selection.End(xlDown)).Select ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Clear ActiveWorkbook.Worksheets("Agencies by Distance").Sort.SortFields.Add Key:=Range("F7"), _ ...

Run time error
Can some kind person explain why this code produces Run time Error 1004 LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.count, "A").End(x1Up).row -- jee22@msm.cam.ac.uk Materials Science & Metallurgy Ext 34346 sorry I should have included all the code as follows Dim c, n, row, e, col As Integer Dim LastRow As Long Dim t, celladdr As String Dim wks As Worksheet Set wks = ActiveSheet With wks LastRow = .Cells(.Rows.count, "A").End(xlUp).row End With It is the LastRow = that is generating the error Thanks "jee22" <jee22@msm.cam.ac.uk> wrote in message news:cd5he6$qpt$1@pe...

Sum YTD totals
Hi everyone, I am creating a report and am able to have the report sum the monthly totals from my date range that i am using from my query. How can i also had year to date totals in my report since my query is asking for a start and end date and i only want records from the past month? I have thought about using DSum but that will not give me YTD but sum everything in my table so i can end up with years worth of data. Any suggestions? I would create a subreport that is based on a year-to-date totals query. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP If I have helped you, please help me b...

Word keeps running install.
Everytime I run Word it runs the install program for Word first. No other office program does this. How do I stop the install program from running? I have reboot the system many times and that does not clear it. If you have multiple versions of Word installed, see the "Hacking the Registry" section of the article at http://www.gmayor.com/Toolbars_in_word_2007.htm. If you are only running one version, see if logging in as Administrator allows the installation process to complete properly. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "computerkiller" <com...

Domino and Exchange 2003 SMTP How do you run both at the same time ?
Currently my company is migrating from Lotus Notes (ver 5.010) to Exchange 2003 Server. I had the mx record for our domain changed to add the new exchange server and the priority is set the same as the notes server. I set it up this way because I was told that e-mail would check both servers and would go to the server which the user had an e-mail account on. I was trying to make migration easier by being able to move people to the new server in small groups instead of causing mass confusion and un-controlled anger at their favorite MIS guy... What happens is the exchange server sends a bounc...

How to run MultiDigiMon.exe ?
Hi Experts: Any one knows how to start MultiDigiMon.exe? Thanks Michael ...

Can I run OWA (Exch 5.5 version) on Win2K3 Server?
I need to add a W2K3 domain controller. I would like to go ahead and upgrade our OWA server since we've had a few issues with it. We are using Exchange 5.5 on a different machine than our OWA machine. Can I upgrade the OWA machine from Win2K server to Win2K3 server? In other words, can OWA for Exchange 5.5 run on a W2K3 machine? Thanks I hope the following artilce will answer your question.. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;260832 -- Santhosh Sivarajan MCSE(W2K3/W2K/NT4),MCSA(W2K3/W2K/MSG),CCNA,Network+ Houston, TX "Alex Parker" <alexpar@...