Resizing controls - 66016

I am working with Access 2007.  When I try to resize one of the controls, all
of the controls resize to the size of the one that I am working with.  How
can I separate the controls so that I can resize them individually?  I never
encountered this problem with Access 2003.

There is a setting that you need to change, to change it from "tabbed form"
to "overlapping."

See my "quick tutorial" on my website here:

http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtochangefromtabbedforms/tabid/81/Default.aspx
--
Bob Larson
Access World Forums Super Moderator

"Laura" wrote:

> I am working with Access 2007.  When I try to resize one of the controls, all
> of the controls resize to the size of the one that I am working with.  How
> can I separate the controls so that I can resize them individually?  I never
> encountered this problem with Access 2003.
Laura,

Select the controls (in designview) -> go to the tab "Arrange" -> go to the
group "Control layout" and choose -> Remove.

Deselect the controls and you'll be able to move and resize the controls
seperately.

hth
--
Maurice Ausum

"Laura" wrote:

> I am working with Access 2007.  When I try to resize one of the controls, all
> of the controls resize to the size of the one that I am working with.  How
> can I separate the controls so that I can resize them individually?  I never
> encountered this problem with Access 2003.
I followed these instructions but the controls remain in tabbed form.  When I
opened this window I found that the "Overlapping Windows" button was already
selected.  I, therefore, tried to select the "Tabbed Documents" button, close
the database, open it, select the "Overlapping Windows" button, close it and
open it again.  This did not work either.

Laura

"boblarson" wrote:

> There is a setting that you need to change, to change it from "tabbed form"
> to "overlapping."
>
> See my "quick tutorial" on my website here:
>
> http://www.btabdevelopment.com/main/QuickTutorials/A2K7Howtochangefromtabbedforms/tabid/81/Default.aspx
> --
> Bob Larson
> Access World Forums Super Moderator
> ____________________________________
> Access 2000, 2003, 2007, SQL Server 2000, Crystal Reports 10/XI, VB6
> WinXP, Vista
>

> "Laura" wrote:
>
> > I am working with Access 2007.  When I try to resize one of the controls, all
> > of the controls resize to the size of the one that I am working with.  How
> > can I separate the controls so that I can resize them individually?  I never
> > encountered this problem with Access 2003.
This worked!  Thanks so much!

"Maurice" wrote:

> Laura,
>
> Select the controls (in designview) -> go to the tab "Arrange" -> go to the
> group "Control layout" and choose -> Remove.
>
> Deselect the controls and you'll be able to move and resize the controls
> seperately.
>
> hth
> --
> Maurice Ausum
>

> "Laura" wrote:
>
> > I am working with Access 2007.  When I try to resize one of the controls, all
> > of the controls resize to the size of the one that I am working with.  How
> > can I separate the controls so that I can resize them individually?  I never
> > encountered this problem with Access 2003.

ActiveX Grid Control?
Is there an ActiveX Grid Control that works in Access 2007 and would function like a subform? ...

problems referencing a subform control?
I�ve borrowed the following code from John Vinson, whose form/subform was set up the same as mine (as near as I can tell). There is a �move out� button on the subform that moves an individual to a new family unit. This is the control that I am trying to replicate. I�ve replaced the form and control names with mine, but keep getting an error. A new record is created in tblFamily, but the code causes an error at the line where the InFamID is set to update to the new FamID. As you can see I�ve tried this a couple of different ways and noted the errors I received. John has u...

ASP.NET and Exchange on a domain controller
Hi all I am trying to install Exchange 2003 for testing purposes on a Windows 2003 domain controller box. Whenever I get to the point of enabling ASP.NET on IIS Manager it does not appear there even though ASP.NET is installed on the system. I have gone through the Technet Article 315158. It says in the article that the problem has been fixed with the 1.1 >Net framework. As far as I can tell I do have this version of .Net but still have no joy. ANy help would be greatly appreciated Cheers Isaac de Abreu Johannesburg - South Africa ...

Photo Resize
Any way to have windows live mail desktop stop disabling the resize capabilities of windows live photo gallery? I've recently tried switching over from Picassa / Gmail to Windows Live Photo Gallery / Windows Live Mail however once I make windows live mail the default mail program it stops asking me to resize my photos when trying to email from photo gallery. Signing into windows live mail does not solve this as it does some photograph upload to windows live which is not what I want. I simply want a regular photo attachment. I have installed another email client and proved...

Adding an Active X control to a cell
I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it fits over the top of the cell seems to be a rather inaccurate method of doing it. Hold down alt while you place it in the cell and it will fit the cell -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Rick" <rstenson@qualnetics.com> wrote in message news:317AA5B4-7970-45B2-8497-556670E48018@microsoft.com... > I would like to add a drop down lists to a bunch of cells. The control adds a box over the top of all the cells, trying to size it so that it f...

Maximized SDI
Hi Gurus, I'm building an MFC SDI App that I want initially maximized. I've got it maximized in the PreCreateWindow(...) in the MainFrame but it's not exactly the type of maximize I want. You see, I'm building a kiosk type app that I need to have maximized to the point where it cannot be moved or resized, just like clicking the Maximize Button on top right of the window. I've already tried using WS_MAXIMIZE in the CREATESTRUCT and SW_MAXIMIZED in ShowWindow(...) but it still allows you to move the window by dragging the title bar. Once you've dragged it enough to see ...

"Build" in Control Source greyed out
I would like to created a simple calculation in my footer's text box but I suspect that I'm missing an obvious roadblock somewhere. First of all, the Build button in the Control Source is greyed out so I typed the calc in manually <the calculation is =sum((val([textbox1]) + val([textbox2])) >. When I run the report from a VBA induced Run button, the report never shows up (keep in mind that this only happens when I add this calc field). Probably important to note that the source query is a stored procedure. Barring looking through endless lines of code behind t...

Memory Allocation in CEdit control
Hi, I need to control the memory that the CEdit control uses so that I can basically pass back a pointer that it will use when it needs memory. I know I can override the operator new() method but my supposition is that the actual memory used by the control, i.e. the text in the control, is not gotten that way. For example, if I change the SetLimitText to 100 Mbytes and copy and paste that amount of text into the control (isn't Windows wonderful?) how do I capture that in order to do my own memory mapping. Another thought I had was something like making my own allocator, simila...

disable mdi form resize
Hello, How can I set the MDI form so that the user can not resize its dimension (height, width) using mouse ? Thanks john s *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Hmm, did you try this: Private mHeight As Long, mWidth As Long Private Sub MDIForm_Load() mHeight = Me.Height mWidth = Me.Width End Sub Private Sub MDIForm_Resize() Me.Height = mHeight Me.Width = mWidth End Sub If you or your user don't like the effect then you should look into an API solution. Can't help you there, most of my apps run maximized. Helmut...

How to Make CListCtrl Not Show Contents While Resizing Column
Hi, I have a CListCtrl with a subclassed CHeaderCtrl, and I want the CListCtrl to not show contents while resizing columns. From what I read, this is controlled by the HDS_FULLDRAG parameter in CHeaderCtrl, which I never set. So, I tried CHeaderCtrl::ModifyStyle to turn this off in both the original and subclassed versions, but to no avail. Here's my code from the OnCreate member of a subclassed CListCtrl: CHeaderCtrl* pHeaderCtrl = GetHeaderCtrl(); pHeaderCtrl->ModifyStyle(0, HDS_FULLDRAG); m_pNewHeaderCtrl = new CMyHeaderCtrl(); m_pNewHeaderCtrl->SubclassDlgItem(pH...

How can I find a text box that has disappeared due to resizing (M.
In MS Excel 97 or 2000 if a text box (autoshape) is resized somehow so that is no longer visible, how can you find it (and delete it) on the worksheet. I've apparently got several lengthy text strings in text boxes I can't see, but the spell checker obviously "sees" them because I'm getting prompted to correct spelling errors in them. I'd like to delete the text boxes, but I can't find the darn things. To select specific objects, you can add the 'Select Multiple Objects' tool to one of your toolbars: Choose Tools>Customize Select the Comm...

Resize Table Range to exclude zero values and Input New Range into a chart object
I'm new to programming and am trying to create code to read a row cells C5 - C24 and determine what cell has a 0 value (The row is always sorted by descending values). So I want to read each cell starting with C5 through the end of the range C24, and stop when it gets the first 0 value. Here is my code so far. (with the help from a previous reply to a post). I also am trying to capture the start and end cell range for the row adjecent (B5 - B24) but I only need to capture the Values from row "C" and make them for row "B". I've commented out the offendin...

Wang control under what name?
Hello, Can someone please tell me under what name one can find wang control in Visual C++ IDE. I looked under "Project->.....->Registered ActiveX elements", but could not find anything called *wang* or *kodak*. I have been using Wang control in my MFC program and can use copy and paste to put more controls on the same dialog. But i need to know the ID of Wang control to insert it in a new program from the Project menu. thanks in advance. ...

Deriving a CWnd control
Hello, Can someone please send me a pointer to a tutorial about how to derive a control from an existing one? I am talking about the simple CWnd controls (CButton, CListBox, etc.), or give me a short explenation here. I would appreciate a detailed explenation, focusing of overiding current message handlers (afx_msg void OnClick(), etc.). How does the class should be built? What to write the same as the base class, and what can we leave only in the base class? Many thanks to all, Tal. In article <faecfce7.0311100548.89ee144@posting.google.com>, dushkin@ 012.net.il says... > Hello, ...

overlapped controls in grphical editor
Hi, I wrote a graphical editor. I have a problem with overlapped control. The user can update the control properties by double clicking on it. When the user puts a control Image(i.e.) and on that controls a Button is added, the user cannot update the button properties cause whenever it double click on the button the Image (which "contains" the button) properties is shown ... Is there any solution to that problem ? 10x, janiv. Janiv, Basically, you'll want to handle z-order. You don't describe how you implement the "buttons", if they are controls, the top-most on...

Resizing Outlook Windows... I need some help!
One of the users on my network is having trouble w/his Outlook 2000 window. Whenever we double-click the icon to start the program, the window is either minimized or maximized. It won't let us restore it to a medium size. Any thoughts? Thank you so much!! Vickie What SP are you running? If it is not the latest, I would install it. Joey R. >-----Original Message----- >One of the users on my network is having trouble w/his >Outlook 2000 window. Whenever we double-click the icon to >start the program, the window is either minimized or >maximized. It won't...

Control Step Question
I had seen some sample code a while ago - I don't know where it was - that stepped through the controls on the page and formatted them. I have some fields that I am formatting after update, but I find that they are not showing the proper format when you go from record to record. I am thinking that I need to step through the fields as I enter the page and reset the formatting that way as well as after update. Any suggestions on how I can do this? Also what is the property I need to put the Event Procedure on when switching from tab to tab. Is it on Enter? Thanks. If it's a...

? Multi-Coloring Edit Controls
Hi, I need a way of placing colored text in an edit control. Currently I am doing this by handling WM_CTLCOLOR except that this allows only a single foreground and background color. I need a way of putting multiple colors in the CEdit, not just on different lines but on the same line. I checked and it seems that CEdits don't support CustomDraw. So, how can I do this? -- Alec S. alec <@> synetech <.> cjb <.> net Have you looked at CRichEditCtrl ? "Alec S." <a@a.com> wrote in message news:OjusBmpwEHA.1452@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl... >...

List Box/Control with variable height
I am wanting to code a Report view List control, with rows of different heights. I can handle the owner draw side, but cannot figure out how to set the heights for each row. I can calculate the height of the row from the LParam, so should the heights will be dynamic. Is there a MeasureItem message or something I can use? I cannot find any info at all, and am beginning to wonder if it's even possible!!! Thanks in Advance, Hugh ...

in form- drop down and controlled date
Hi there I am creating a form and I have 2 questions.... 1. I have created a combo drop down box using the wizard. It lists the customer with the customer code beside it all in one box- it pulls the data from 2 different columns in a table. When one enters the data it only will allow it to record the customer, but I want it to record the customer and customer code in different columns... in a different table along with other data entered for the request. How do I get it to record both of them? 2. In the same form I have places for the dates to be entered, date the request was ma...

Which textarea (text editor) control is most manageable?
I have no experience with selecting embedded text editors (textarea replacements) for ASP.NET Web Forms so I hope we can generate a series of comments regarding the selection of which text editor has proven to be most usable from a developer's perspective as well as a user's perspective? On 11/02/2010 16:54, Hillbilly wrote: > I have no experience with selecting embedded text editors (textarea > replacements) for ASP.NET Web Forms so I hope we can generate a series > of comments regarding the selection of which text editor has proven to > be most usable from a...

Control Source for text box on a report
I have a table with only 2 fields. One is the name of Department and the other is the total number of positions in that department. On my report I have a label for every department. Next to that label I have a text box that counts every record on my report for each department. Next to that I want to add another text box that contains the corresponding number in the table for that department. How can I easily do this? Thank You, CEV I forgot to mention that I would also like to add yet another text box that adds the total of all the other text boxes that contain the total number of ...

CommandButton
I just created a button on my Sheet1 and assigned a Macro to it. When I right-click on this button - I see in my NameBox "Button 1" without the quotes. In my Workbook_Open code I want to HIDE this button. 1st What is the code to include in the WB_Open code to do this? After performing another procedure using VBA, what line near the bottom of that code would make my Button 1 visible? Or is it best to to Only load the Button at the end of the above procedure? TIA, Jim Hi Sheets("Sheet1").Shapes("Button 1").Visible = False 'Your code ...

ActiveX Control: Calendar
I am using the Calendar Control 11.0 on a form to allow a user to 'pick' a date. How can i have the selected date automatically update a field where its Control Source is set to the Calendar, without having to have a intermediate step such as an update button. I can see the 'Value' changing in the Properties for the Calendar as soon as a new date is selected but the related field does not update. You don't set the texbox Control Source to the calendar, you set it to whatever field you want the date saved in in the underlying table. Then use code like this, re...

XsltArgumentList not working with ASP:XML control
Hi all. This one is really getting to me now, I'm using the <asp:xml web server control and I'm trying to use the XsltArgument list to add a custom class so that I can do some formatting in the XSL style sheet. however each time it complains that the prefix "util" could not be found, any ideas???????? bloody thing is driving me mad code snippet: Dim xslArg As Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList = New Xml.Xsl.XsltArgumentList Dim util As Object = New test1 xslArg.AddExtensionObject("urn:util", util) xmlGridData.DocumentContent = ds.GetXml xmlGridData.TransformArgument...