Resize Forms in Access 2007

I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or
something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen
resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how
do you use this feature?
Thanks,
BobV

0
BobV

On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote:
> I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or
> something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the screen
> resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct, how
> do you use this feature?
> Thanks,
> BobV

Hi,

You can use from right-click form menu Anchoring > Stretch Down and
Accross and work with form as maximized.

Regards,
Branislav Mihaljev

0
banem2
8/9/2007 9:18:50 AM
I can't find Anchoring anywhere when I right-click on the form. I am
assuming that I am supposed to do this in design view. Can you give me more
information please?

Thanks,
BobV

<banem2@gmail.com> wrote in message
> On Aug 9, 8:41 am, "BobV" <rk...@earthlink.net> wrote:
>> I thought I read somewhere that Access 2007 had a new function, or
>> something, enabling you to have forms automatically resize to fit the
>> screen
>> resolution of the user. Is this correct, or am I wrong? If I am correct,
>> how
>> do you use this feature?
>> Thanks,
>> BobV
>
> Hi,
>
> You can use from right-click form menu Anchoring > Stretch Down and
> Accross and work with form as maximized.
>
> Regards,
> Branislav Mihaljev

0
BobV

MS-Access 2007 Minimize/Maximize Ribbon
Is there a call to minimixe or maximize the ribbon when a form or report opens? "JimP" <jpockmire@att.net> wrote in message news:EZGdnc4su4HgxWzWnZ2dnUVZ_jSdnZ2d@giganews.com... > Is there a call to minimixe or maximize the ribbon when a form or report > opens? You can *hide* the ribbon using: DoCmd.ShowToolbar �Ribbon�, acToolbarNo .... and show it again using: DoCmd.ShowToolbar �Ribbon�, acToolbarYes The only way I know of to *minimize* the ribbon programmatically is to use SendKeys (which I normally avoid like the plague) to ...

Excel 2007 Pivot Table Question
Is there any programming way to change data sources within a Pivot Table, we need to switch from a UNC to a drive letter? Thanks in advance ...

Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 graphs
I have a bunch of Excel 2003 graphs that are now being updated with new data. In the course of this, we are also saving as Excel 2007 macro-enabled files (.xlsm). Any time the file is saved it has a message re: invalid name or range and says it will change the name to "_CHARTA_xxyy" for example. You are prompted to say "okay" or "okay to all". If I follow it through, there are about 82 instances of this, so I figure it has to do with components of the graphs on the 2 worksheets. There are a total of 4 graphs. Any quick solutions to this compatibility ...

Viewing categories in "top line" register
I am using Money 2007 Deluxe and was wondering if there is any way to add a columm to the register view. I would like to add "Category" to the view without going ot the detailed register. Is there any way to do this? I saw the post with this same quesiton for Money 2004 and I'm hoping it's a feature that has been added. Thank you. In microsoft.public.money, ShelleL wrote: >I am using Money 2007 Deluxe and was wondering if there is any way to add a >columm to the register view. I would like to add "Category" to the view >without going ot the d...

Opened from which form?
In form X I would like to make a button visible/invisible depending on which form opened form X. For instance: if form X is opened by form A the button should be visible, otherwise it should be invisible. Is this possible? Thanks in advance, John Set the button's Visible property to No. Then in the code that opens it from Form A: Const strcTarget = "Form1" 'Your form name goes here. DoCmd.OpenForm strcTarget Forms(strcTarget)!cmd1.Visible = False If the form is opened in Dialog mode, pass something in OpenArgs, and test it in Form_Open. -- Allen Bro...

Test which Main form a Subform is using
In Access 2003 have a subform that I am re-using within several different Main forms. My issue is that I need to put some validation coding on the subform. (ie. Validate that data in one field on the subform is coordinating properly with other fields.) Whenever I write this validation code I need to specify the main form when refering to the fields in the subform. Is there a way I can test which Main form I am in and then create an if/then statement to use the correct validation for that Main form? If you have a different solution, I'm open to suggestions! Thank you, Cathy wro...

MLA Anthology Citation in Word 2007
Is it possible to use Word 2007's built-in citation feature to cite a work in an anthology with the proper MLA formatting for a Works Cited list? This should be formatted as follows: (1) author of the selected work, (2) title of the selected work, (3) title of the anthology, (4) name of the editor preceded by "Ed.", (5) publication details, and (6) the pages in the anthology where the selection appears. Again, my question is if there's a way to get all that information into the Word 2007 citation formatting tool. The answer is certainly yes. The question o...

Outlook Problem During migration from office 2000 to office 2007
Hi, My name is Govardhan. I have some problem i feel people here can help me out. I had office 2000 installed in my system and i had configured outlook with 2 mail id's of mine and was using it as my default mail. Yesterday we had brought a new version of Microsoft Office 2007. In a bit of hurry i did these things. 1. I immediately uninstalled present version of office 2000 without backing up my mails. 2. I installed Office 2007 3. I open my outlook 4. It migrated the settings of my previous outlook 5. It poped a message asking "DO u wish archieve old mails ?". 6. In a bit o...

Disappearing cell values in Excel 2007
Hello all, I've recently been experiencing an issue where as I scroll through a spreadsheet rows of cell values will appear to be blank. When I select the cell, the value is still present in the formula bar but only reappears when I double click on the cell or scroll either up or down so that the cell is not shown and then scroll back to the cell. I've experienced this is file ranging in size from 400-700 KB and there doesn't seem to be a pattern as to what cells or rows it will affect at any given time. Is this most likely a memory issue? Thank you, Andrea On Thu, 5 Mar 2009 ...

Exchange 2007 mailboxes are unable to receive messages >10MB
We're running Ex2007 Standard (RTM) and mail flow has been working well. However, the Ex2007 mailboxes cannot receive mail messages greater than 10MB in size. One catch is that our Ex2007 server is co-existing with a Ex2000 server. All incoming mail still go through the 2000 server. I did find the message limit of the Ex2000 server to be 10MB, so I increased it to 20MB. And the default mail message limit on the Ex2007 server is "unlimited". However, we still have the same problem after the change. Is it possible the change is taking a while to propagate through AD? It'...

Sub Form Combo Box
I don't understand why this code does not work. When the user enters a date in a text box the subform combo box (CA_NAME) should only show two choices. But nothing happens, no error, nothing.. Help please.... Private Sub TR_ACKNOWLTR_GotFocus() If Me.TR_ACKNOWLTR <> " " Then Me!frmCaseLog!CA_NAME.RowSource = "Select * from tblCommitteeName where [C_Committee] = 'AG'or 'AL'" End If End Sub "Dan @BCBS" <DanBCBS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F6A659C4-1110-449F-91F5-23FD17A41014@microsoft.com... >I...

i am unable to find "paste append" in Access 2007
I upgraded to Access 2007. I am using a form from Access 2003. Irrespective of view (form or table), I cannot seem to find the "paste append" or even "duplicate record" function. Any ideas? Thanks. On the Home tab of the ribbon, at the bottom of the Paste button is an arrow. Clicking that arrow gives you the Paste Append option. -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access users - http://allenbrowne.com/tips.html Reply to group, rather than allenbrowne at mvps dot org. "Pharma" <Pharma@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote...

Adding information from a form into a table
After data is entered into a form how can I add it to an existing table? If it's a bound form (the norm), you don't have to do anything. Forms are intended to be "windows" to tables. A bound form will automatically write its data to the table when the current row loses focus. If it's an unbound form, you have to add the data yourself, either using a SQL INSERT INTO statement, or using VBA and a recordset. -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "carrie" <carrie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

SOS. Hide, protect and disable design view for ms access
SOS. Pls assist me to hide, protect n disable design view for ms access 2007.A ,ilion thanks 4 your kind touch. Regards, warba On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:53:37 -0800 (PST), warba60@gmail.com wrote: Database Tools > Make ACCDE -Tom. >SOS. Pls assist me to hide, protect n disable design view for ms >access 2007.A ,ilion thanks 4 your kind touch. > > >Regards, warba On Dec 12, 11:54 am, Tom van Stiphout <no.spam.tom7...@cox.net> wrote: > On Tue, 11 Dec 2007 10:53:37 -0800 (PST), warb...@gmail.com wrote: > > Database Tools > Make ACCDE > > -Tom. > &...

Probem: the access database grows too fast...
Hello everybody, I have a problem with an access database (access 2003) which grows up. The size after repairing is about 75MB. The Operating system is win 2003 + sp This database contains about 250 tables and 2300 queries. There is no code and no form. Data are used through VB/VBA code for reading needs or for reading/writing/creating. The object used to access the base is DAO v3.6, so, the workspace is on the user workstation. I have the same database on 2 sites and the code executed doesn't have any difference. The problem about the size is present only on one site. On this site, ...

Accessing Worksheet stored within Power Point
Power point does not have a programming forum, so I am forced to post here. My presentation include an embedded Excel chart. During presentation, I would like to modify some parameters and show how the chart changes. I could not find any way to do this, through help files, object browser or online sources. Can someone gve me pointer to start playing with this worksheet? Thanks, I assume you used PasteSpecial to put the chart into Power Point as an excel object so the chart is an ActiveX object. 1) When using one office product in another office product you need to add th...

"Unauthorized: Access is denied" after install
Hello, This is a freash new install of CRM 4 (not an upgrade). I set up an empty website and then used it during the install. The installation program did not complain about any of the prerequisites. After the reboot, when I go to the CRM url, I now get "HTTP Error 401.1 - Unauthorized: Access is denied". There is no warnings or errors in the eventlog. I am using the domain admin credentials that I used to set up the CRM installation. I am seeing successful authentication ticket requests in the security log with the domain account I am trying to log in with. The applica...

Enable includefiles to be added to all forms
The JavaScript functionality in CRM is great for doing lots of things but when developing larger programs, can be a bit problematic since there is no simple way to set some url to point to include files. (although some people have blogged about how to make it happen, but it isn't easy!) My suggestion is this: 1. Add a global setting where one can point to a global customized javascript file. Preferably this should enable the entry of any url. This global customized javascript file should then be added to all forms. 2. Add a local form include file url. In the properties of a form, ju...

MS Office Pro 2007
After some Micro Soft Updates were applied I rebooted as requested. Opened Outlook and got the following message >> Task 'nkqx57a@hotmail.com: Folder:Inbox Synchronizing headers.' reported error (0x800CCC0D) : 'The server cannot be found.' I did all the trouble shooting and recreated new profiles...still the same cannot send or receive "the server cannot be found". This is second time this has happened. The first time I had to un-install Outlook and then re-install it. I am hoping I do not have to do that again...lost some important e-mails. ...

Excel 2007 encryption type?
What is the default encruption type for Excel 2007? Excel 2003 and before had and advanced option that would allow the user to specify an encryption type. How do you get to this in Excel 2007 when you are saving files in the legacy 2003 file format. Thanks, Will I don't know but I'd love to know. Can't believe they took away the menu's in Office 2007. > On Tuesday, April 10, 2007 12:19 AM Will Fleenor wrote: > What is the default encruption type for Excel 2007? > > Excel 2003 and before had and advanced option that would allow the user to > specify an...

Can you disable Access menu bar functions?
Is there a way to disable File, Print from the menu bar on a form? I am not using custom menu bars, just the standard Access ones. If there's a simple way to just disable it, or capture it and cancel it, I'd like to be able to do that, rather than creating a custom menu bar. -- Jim Burke Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-modules/201002/1 Just as an FYI, I went to the example they had on the Microsoft Support site and tried doing what they showed in their example, but I get a compile error when I dim these: ...

Security Level in 2007
Hi, New to Excel 2007. I opened a book done with 2003 and has VBA code and macros... I have the following error message. "Excel was able to open the file by repairing or removing the unreadable content. This workbook has lost its VBA project, ActiveX controls and any other programmability-related features." The file is working fine on 2003 version. I think the problem is related to security level that I am not able to change! Note: I tried the help for macros but couldn't let it work. Not able to start Macros. Any ideas! VBA programmability is an option component in Off...

copy file via Access VBA
How can I make a copy of C:\Source\test.txt to C:\CopyLoc\ but if test.txt already exist in C:\CopyLoc\ not to do anything. Thanks, Dan hi Dan, On 18.03.2010 11:10, Dan wrote: > How can I make a copy of C:\Source\test.txt to C:\CopyLoc\ > but if test.txt already exist in C:\CopyLoc\ not to do anything. Use this Win32 API function: Public Declare Function CopyFile Lib "kernel32" Alias "CopyFileA" ( _ ByVal AExistingFileName As String, _ ByVal ANewFileName As String, _ ByVal AFailIfExists As Boolean _ ) As Boolean Copy it in ...

Adding Users gives Access Denied: You do not have sufficient Rights
I get this exact same error message as DAVE here and my setup and symptoms are indentical and I have had no luck and noone seems to have answered it here..Any info greatly appreciated as I cannot add new users besides the Administrator. From: Dave (dave@nospam.com) Subject: Access Denied: You do not have sufficient Rights View this article only Newsgroups: microsoft.public.crm Date: 2004-07-18 13:55:54 PST I get the above message when I try to add a new user to CRM. I just reinstalled CRM, logged in with the same Domain Admin user account that I did the install with, and I added m...

order form
help please.... i am trying to create an order form. normally this would be easy enough...item price x quanity etc, but there are some other variables. allow me to explain.... 1. let's say we are selling products 1 2 3 etc all the way to 250. 2. let's say that products 1 through 50 only should display options (styles) of a b c d e f and g, while products 51 -100 should display options (styles) of h i j k l m etc. I was hoping the two things above could be in drop down boxes... so..for example..a customer orders product 22, only the a to g options or styles are shown. Now..t...