requery combox after saving a record

This should be easy but I don't know what I am doing wrong:

I have a combobox "cboxDate". On click I want it to save the current record,
then update the combox's underlying query (so it incorporates any new
selections from the "Date" field on the form). The "date" field on the form
should then be incorporated into the combox's selections. I can't get this to
work - It just keeps the old choices. If I close out of the form then come
back in obviously it is updated like it should be.

My code for On Click:
DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
Me.cboxDate.Requery

szag

answered my own question - OnGotFocus was the event to use - OnClick must be
too late...

szag wrote:
>This should be easy but I don't know what I am doing wrong:
>
>I have a combobox "cboxDate". On click I want it to save the current record,
>then update the combox's underlying query (so it incorporates any new
>selections from the "Date" field on the form). The "date" field on the form
>should then be incorporated into the combox's selections. I can't get this to
>work - It just keeps the old choices. If I close out of the form then come
>back in obviously it is updated like it should be.
>
>My code for On Click:
>DoCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord
>Me.cboxDate.Requery

szag

Automatic Files Saves
In previous versions of Excel it was possible to setup periodic automatic saves that would prompt the user to save. I am not looking for the auto-recovery save. Is there an add-in or update that can be installed to do the same thing in Version 2002. ...

Averaging Selected Records
Hi, I have a continuous form with lots of data on it. In the form footer I would like to average certain fields by checking a checkbox next to the fields (in the detail section) I would like included in the average. I am having a brain fart on this and just not getting it to average the selected records. Can anyone point me in the right direction? Thanks "Lythandra" <Lythandra@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:262B5AEB-2692-4561-824C-D6FC7465FC1D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > > I have a continuous form with lots of data on it. > > In the form ...

Problem creating new customeraddress records
We're trying to write a data migration tool using the 3.0 SDK to migrate some data to CRM 3.0. I am getting an error when assigning a GUID (of type 'contact') to the parent id field *of the custommeraddress* class: ****************** customeraddress_add.parentid = new Lookup(); customeraddress_add.parentid.type = EntityName.contact.ToString(); customeraddress_add.parentid.Value = new Guid(snew_contactid); TargetCreateCustomerAddress target = new TargetCreateCustomerAddress(); target.CustomerAddress = customeraddress_add; CreateRequest create = new CreateRequest(); create.Target ...

Excel File Edited and Saved in Word
A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, and then saved with the excel extention in word. Now this file could not be opened in excel. Is there any way to get the file back in excel? Thanks a lot in advance for any help!!! Sorry, but that file is gone. I hope you have a backup or have sent it to someone as an attachment. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "Ping" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0d8701c3a3dc$185b38f0$a001280a@phx.gbl... > A user mistakenly opend a excel file in word, edited it, &...

extract low res thumbnails or save slides as small images with VBA
I’m using powerpoint 2007 and was wondering if there is a VBA to extract the low res thunbnails in slide view. I know i can save the slides as individual images of various types at 544 x 376 but i would like to save these small in size (Dimension), without having to resize them in another application such as photoshop? -- Message posted via OfficeKB.com http://www.officekb.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/powerpoint/201005/1 In article <a77e96e51d682@uwe>, A1k1do via OfficeKB.com wrote: > I�m using powerpoint 2007 and was wondering if there is a VBA to extract the > low res th...

Change of Account Manager should not change other records.
When changing the Account Manager on an Account, CRM currently changes the ownership of the different types of records attached to that Account to the same value as the Account Manager. CRM needs to be changed to where the Account Manager field can be changed for the Account, but the ownership of the other record types remain independent of the Account. In most cases we do not want this ownership to change. For example, quite often and in most cases the owner of an Opportunity will not be the same as the Account that owns the Opportunity. Also, on Opportunities that have been closed...

How do I save a picture from word into my pictures?
I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. Please help. Unique wrote: > I have recently installed Office 2007. I am unable to copy and paste > a picture from word 2003 onto publisher 2007. So I tried to save the > picture into my pics and then insert but I can't do that either. > Please help. ============================ Maybe the following links will help: (555171) WD: How To Extract Embedded Im...

saving the same file in different places at a time
hi, i have an excel file in one system when i update this file, is it possible some range of cells in this file to be saved in the different system also how do i give a link to the other file? appreciate, if anyone could help Sounds like you want to paste a link so that the cell will update every time the other cell gets new info... To do this, say you want to link cell A1 to cell A7...click on cell A7 and click copy...Go to cell A1 and click paste...Then (if you have Excel 2003), click on Edit/Paste Special/Paste Link and you now have youe link...The "Paste Link" Button ...

Summing the # of records
I have a spreadsheet that is has 10 groups. In the header of each group I'd like to total the # of records in that particular group, and at the bottom of the spreadsheet total the # of records in all groups combined. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks in advance!! -- matt330 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ matt330's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28176 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=477503 What designates a group? -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the e...

Table Filters and Empty Records
Hi, I'm quite new to Reporting Services and am having a bit of a confusing afternoon with it. I'm trying to build a report that contains a series of discrete reports for a number of projects that show project data and any milestone tasks associated with each project; if a project has no milesetones, the project data is still to be displayed. So, I build a report that has a series of fields showing project information (name, cost, state, etc.) and then a table below it to contain the milestone tasks for each project. All of these are placed within a list data region ...

"Record is Deleted" message
Good Morning, I am encountering a rather strange problem with my Access Database. This morning when I try to run a report, I got the message "Record is Deleted" I get the same message when I try to run the query that the report is base on. I have never experience this problem and am at a loss as to how to solve it. Any insight, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. Joe P.S. I have requested a backup copy from our IT department. I will get the back up but am curious as to what happened and how to avoid it from happening again. well that could depend o...

delete record 03-06-07
Hi,I have a button in a form that delete that current record.before it deleted, access ask me if I'm sure I want to delete.Can I cancel this message and just delete (I want to put my own question before)thanks. On Mar 6, 5:13 am, "Lior Montia" <l...@matrix.co.il> wrote:> Hi,>> I have a button in a form that delete that current record.> before it deleted, access ask me if I'm sure I want to delete.> Can I cancel this message and just delete (I want to put my own question> before)>> thanks.These occur when the Tools>Options>Confirm Record Ch...

Auto save / data recovery
My pc has crashed without me having saved my flowchart, does Visio have an auto save function and is there any way I can recover my data. Regards Rob Under Tools \ Options \ Save, there is Autosave available but it is not turned on by default -- -ronnie [MS] This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "Rob Stevenson" <rob.stevenson@prestigemedical.co.uk> wrote in message news:0a4101c36c8c$767a3e90$a501280a@phx.gbl... > My pc has crashed without me having saved my flowchart, > does Visio have an auto save function and is ...

Send and save a message in folders
Is it possible to send and save a message in a folder like it is with Lotus Notes? A simple function asking in which folder I would to save my send mail. I would like to save all messages to one adress in one folder. Anders, As far as i know Exchange doesn't have a function like that. In outlook you can creat a rule that stores sent messages to specific custom made folders in Outlook Rgds, Jelle There's no setting to ask on sending but you can have rules move sent messages based on criteria "anders bitzer" <andersbitzer@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in messa...

How do I set up a template to save time typing names
I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? traceyella <traceyella@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have to send a lot of e-mails to the same people, and always more > than one person. How do I set up a template so that I don't have to > keep typing who it is to and who I am 'Cc' to? Create your message, but instead of sending it, save it as an OFT. WHen you want to send it, forward it from your Drafts fold...

How to save settings for my printer to print doublesided from exce
When I print doubled sided in word everything goes fine but whenever I try to print doublesided from excel and I go for advanced on my printer and check the boxes for it and then klick ok - after that I go in there to check that it's ok and then all my settings are gone.. Why and how can I change this so that I can print double sides in excel aswell? ...

Saving Word attachment
I cannot save an open attached Word document in Outlook. The top bar flashes and I have to press control+Alt+delete to turn it off. The only way I can save it is to open Word program outside of Outlook, and then go to outlook, and then save the attached Word document. What's wrong? I can save all other Office documents...excel, powerpoint with no problem. How can I fix the problem? ...

Reference to next record within a group
I am trying to set up a summary query to identify how many total days a patient has gone without any medication. The following are the data that I start with. Member # Fill Date Days Supply Next Med Date 940183753-02 1/11/2007 30 2/10/2007 940183753-02 2/7/2007 30 3/9/2007 940183753-02 2/8/2007 28 3/8/2007 940183753-02 2/11/2007 90 5/12/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 5/2/2007 90 7/31/2007 940183753-02 7/12/2007 30 8/11/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 940183753-02 9/19/2007 30 10/19/2007 This particular mbr was on multiple meds for a specific di...

Count records b/w time range
I have a sheet which has data with date & time fields like this 19/10/2005 10:10 19/10/2005 11:30 19/10/2005 12:12 19/10/2005 12:15 19/10/2005 10:12 How do I make a formula to pull out count between each half hour slot? like: 10:00 - 10:30 =2 10:30 - 11:00 =0 11:00 - 11:30 =1 11:30 - 12:00 =0 12:00 - 12:30 =2 Please help. Cheers! Sunny =sumproduct(--(B1:B100>--"10:00:00"),--(B1:B100<=--"10:30:00")) -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) <sunilkeswani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1131569006.191782.216510@g44g200...

Multiple Record Inputs with one Form
I'm programming with SQL and can't seem how to figure out how to send more than one record to the table with one form. You've described a "how" ... as in how you are trying to do something ("send more than one record to the table with one form"). Now, "why" ... as in what will having multiple records generated from a single form allow you to do (i.e., business need)? This isn't idle curiosity ... if we knew more about the underlying business need, we might be able to offer alternate approaches. Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access ...

Can I save and email a merged schedule
I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? Remove the links and e-mail it. Doubleclick on the inserted projects, go to the Advanced Tab, and deselect the option to link to a file. That will embed the inserted project into the master. - Andrew Lavinsky Blog: http://blogs.catapultsystems.com/epm > I've been able to merge the schedules but I've been unable to send the > consolidated file via email. What am I doing wrong? > ...

exporting/saving recent files list
I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list that is available in each of my Office programs? (Does anyone know where Office saves these shortcuts?) http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/bd58b46fe9c11ef9/853766524964c427?lnk=gst&q=recently+opened#853766524964c427 -- Gary''s Student - gsnu200909 "vabki" wrote: > I'm getting a new computer. Is there a way to save the "recent files" list > that is available in each of my Office programs? (Do...

Excell keeps closing when I try to save a workbook. Any ideas!
I am using Excell in Office 2007. Every time I try to save my workbook the program shuts down. It's also happening in Word. I've put my Office disc and ran the repair, however it is still crashing. ...

Password is not saved by Outlook
Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password under account properties. I check the 'save password' box and enter the password, but it does not get saved. To my knowledge, I have no application running that disables autocompletion of passwords. I recently switched over form Outlook Express 2000 where I was having no such problems. Any thoughts or advice will be appreciated. Thanks. Dave wrote: > Outlook 2000 will not save my internet e-mail password > under account properties. I check the 'save password' box > and enter the password, but it does...

Adding columns to "Look Up Records" window #4
In certain places in CRM (specifically highlight a Lead, click New Email, and press the looking glass lookup button to the right of the To field) when I do a Lookup for contacts or accounts, the window "Look Up Records" appears with a list of entities at the top, a search field, and two lists below. The left list is available records and the right is selected records. The Available Records list only displays a single column, the name of the account or contact. I want to display more columns, and scollbars are OK. My specific issue is that I have 4 "Rick Johnson" c...