Report view in Listview control not working?

Hi all,

I have a listview control on one of my access (2003) forms.

Currently I am populating the control with all the file and sub-folder names
in my templates directory - using a recursive bit of code that utilises the
fso.

I am able to view the results fine if I set the listview's "view" property
to 0, 1 or 2 (big icons, small icons or list).  But if I set the darn thing
to 3 (report) I don't see any results.

Has anyone got any pointers on what might be going wrong?  (In case it is
relevant, I have not set any column names.)

While I'm at it, has anyone got any pointers on how to set the column widths
when the list results in more than one column?  I don't see a property for
this and hitting F1 does bring up any help files.

TIA
Bob

0
Bob

I managed to resolve this by simply adding a column header.

Thanks anyways.

Bob
"Bob Landers" <bob@onenet.com.au> wrote in message
> Hi all,
>
> I have a listview control on one of my access (2003) forms.
>
> Currently I am populating the control with all the file and sub-folder
> names in my templates directory - using a recursive bit of code that
> utilises the fso.
>
> I am able to view the results fine if I set the listview's "view" property
> to 0, 1 or 2 (big icons, small icons or list).  But if I set the darn
> thing to 3 (report) I don't see any results.
>
> Has anyone got any pointers on what might be going wrong?  (In case it is
> relevant, I have not set any column names.)
>
> While I'm at it, has anyone got any pointers on how to set the column
> widths when the list results in more than one column?  I don't see a
> property for this and hitting F1 does bring up any help files.
>

> TIA
> Bob

0
Bob

Workflow status active, but not working
Hello, I have an opportunity that triggered a (sales process )workflow rule on creation. When I look at the the sales process in the opportunity it shows that it's active. When I move from sales stage from eg 20% to 50% none of the workflow activities are kicked off for the 50%. Any ideas? Thanks in advance, can you create a new test opportunity and see if it has the same problem ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.gotdotnet.com/crm "Loreeta" <Loreeta@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:B072F8E1-6DBA...

copy an access report to word
I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. Right-click the table name > click Export... > select Rich Text Format as your Save as type: > Enter the file name if necessary > click Export "LD41" wrote: > I want to export an Access report to Outlook email or MS Word. ...

"To: contains a phrase" filter does not work for outgoing emails
I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work for emails sent from my outlook. How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: field? O. Ondrej Sevecek <ondra at my_surname dot com> wrote: > I have created filter specifying a phrase from the TO: field of an > email. Such emails should be placed in a folder. This does not work > for emails sent from my outlook. > How to place an outgoing email in a specific folder based on the TO: > field? Use the "wit...

how to control the size of a comment
hi, i wonder how to control the size of a comment i added in a cell with vba. i failed all, thanks For an individual comment, this is one possibility: With ActiveCell.Comment .Shape.Width = 200 .Shape.Height = 100 End With For all comments on a sheet: Dim c As Comment For Each c In ActiveSheet.Comments c.Shape.Width = 200 c.Shape.Height = 100 Next William ...

Autonaming a PDF report?
Hiya, I am making my PDF report just fine but I would like to autoname the report and even the save location if I can. I have done this in the past but for the life of me cannot remember exactly how I did it. I am currently using the: DoCmd.OpenReport stDocName, acNormal with the stDocName being my specific PDF report with the PDF printer defined. I remember sticking my own file name in there somehow and it was easy to do. I saw the other ways on here to do it but all our computers already have Adobe Professional on it and it doens't have to be 100% user input free. thanks Th...

OWA Anchor Tags Down Work in Premium / Rich
Has anyone found a fix for this: If you click on a link in an email that is an html anchor / bookmark tag to another spot in the email, OWA Premium reloads the webpage without jumping down the anchor spot. But if you use Basic mode (or another browser like Firefox), it doesn't reload the page, it simply jumps down to the spot like it's supposed to. anyone know how to get this work correctly in premium? The property of the link in Premium / Rich shows this: ...202006.EML/#num10 but in OWA basic it looks like this: ...202006.EML/?cmd=Open#num7 I tried copying the url used by ba...

formatting is incorrect when viewing in different zoom except for 75%
Here's a strange one for you guys... I'm using Office XP and currently working on a couple of excel spreadsheets. When I have the zoom set to 75% everything looks correct, exactly like the print out. However if I change my zoom to anything else besides 75% some of the text goes over to the next column. It's pretty irrarting sometimes becuase if I have it set to 100% I'd usually spend time playing with the column width to get everything to fit and in acctuality I don't have to becuase it looks correct when printed out and when in 75% zoom. Any ideas? This sounds like a ...

Outlook 2003 Suggest Names feature stops working
Hello I've run into a problem with one of our Outlook 2003 installations. On this particular PC (XP SP2), the Suggest Names feature has spontaneously "forgotten" all of the email addresses in it's cache. It's like all of the email addresses are somehow deleted. The feature is still turned on in Tools, Options, Email Options, Adv Email Options. And any email addresses the user puts in after this problem occurs are remembered, but Outlook doesn't remember any from the day before or earlier. The user hasn't been mucking around with his settings, and this has hap...

Picking Ticket Report
HELP! When orders are entered into the system, the PICK TICKET REPORT (actual name: SOP BLANK PICKING TICKET ORDER ENTERED) is printed to the warehouse for the staff to pick the stock. The way the warehouse layout is setup, all item numbers are on shelfs/drawers in order of item number. Some times when orders are entered, the item numbers are inputted sporadically (nature of the business). So when the PICKING REPORT/TICKET is printed, the items are in order of input. We would like to have the ticket/report print the items by order of Item Number. Apparently this was done in the past by...

Generating HTML report
How can i generate html reports in MFC? Regards, Mystique file.WriteString(_T("<html>\n")); .... write HTML text here file.WriteString(_T("</html>\n")); Seems pretty straightfoward... I've done a lot of this. It isn't challenging. The real trick is just getting a nice set of macros that make it easy. For example: CString s = _T("some text here"); s = html.Bold(s); s = html.Italic(s); class HTML { public: BOOL Open(CString filename) { if(!file.Open(filename)) return FALSE; file.Wri...

Printing BLANK report for current form
I am trying to print a report for a current form which has just been filled out. However, unless I leave the current form and return to it, the report prints blank. Here is the code: _______ Private Sub PrintVoucherSingle_Click() 'Print current record 'using rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates If IsNull(Me!CertNumber) Then MsgBox "Please select a valid record", _ vbOKOnly, "Error" Exit Sub End If DoCmd.OpenReport "rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates", , , _ "CertNumber = " & Me!CertNumber End Sub __________________________________ What have ...

emails sent from work
I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? "dummy" <dummy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:32256DDD-4E7B-48F7-AF7A-2D2080B94BFB@microsoft.com > I sent emails from work to home address yet the messages are not in > my inbox. Why not? do I have to set up somehow? Inbox where? ...

Rule to delete junk mail does not always work
I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the mail containing these words still gets through (usually finish up in the Junk mail folder). When I run the rule on the Junk Mail folder these emails get deleted! So the rule would seem to be ok. Any idea why the rule does not always work? Al PE <pitsofearth@msn.com> wrote: > I have created a rule to delete any mail which contain certain > characters or words. This appears to work sometimes but some of the > mail containing these words ...

Delphi and Drawing control
Hi, I'm using Delphi 7 and the Visio Drawing Control. I get the Menus but I don't get the Toolbars showing. Any ideas? Course I've set both Negotiates to true. Thanks, Heinz ...

How to control another program to run cryptically?
Hi all, i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has SplashWindow, which i can't control it. How to implement that? thanks > i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has > SplashWindow, which i can't control it. > How to implement that? > What do you mean by "control it"? What do you want to do with this window? --- Ajay What do you want to do? joe On Tue, 22 Aug 2006 15:49:45 +0800, "Sean" <xfbakup@21cn.com> wrote: >Hi all, >i write a hook to modify the window style,but some program has &...

Non Delivery Report
Is there a way to either turn off Non Delivery Reports in Exchange 2003 or to modify them so that don't display the Exchange server name and #5.1.1 because this a potentila security. A hacker could obtain the name of our Exchange server by sending a message to a invalid addres in our domain and getting this information bac. How can I modify the NDR to not show this information or turn it off completly. George In the Default SMTP Virtual Server Properties go the Delivery Tab. On that page click the Advanced button. In the Fully Qualifed Domain Box remove the Server Name and jus...

Fax multiple reports
Hi, I need to send a few access reports to a customer in a single fax. The fxcomex.dll library allows only one file to be sent each time using the ..Body property. Does anyone knows how to send multiple reports or how to merge multiple snapshot files ? Thanks ...

Saving page number from report
Hi, I have about a 200 page report that gets its data using every record in a table. I would like to have a field in each record for a page number and have the field filled as the report prints. I can then use that information to print various indexes and table of contents. Is there a way to assign the page number to each record as the report pirnts? If no is there a better way? Thanks, You can create a table for holding the page numbers. Then put code in the report's sections to write the values you need to that table. In the Report's Open event procedure, de...

rights for dropdown control ....
Hi, I have created an dropdown control in contacts form. and i have 2 items in the dropdown list. now when user1 logs in i want to show only the 1st item in the dropdown control or i should able to disable the control. but when user2 logs in i should show all the items in the dropdown control. Now how to hide dropdown items according to users ? Regards, Your not going to be able to do this Richard without a major rewrite of the code. "Richard I.P" <iamiamiam_77@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:68b0f2fd.0402110148.7039756b@posting.google.com... > Hi, > > I have cre...

Form Based Auth, Form Not Working
Hello, I have an issue with my form for "Form Based Login." I have the certificate installed and everything works just fine for OWA, not using forms. As soon as I enable it, I get "Page Can't Be Displayed" errors. When I drilled down to look at the actual page, the icon was the "Windows" logo, shouldn't it be something else? (Not sure if that helps anyone, or even if it's part of the problem..thought I'd add it anyhow) Has anyone had issues like this? Again, OWA works great, but the form won't come up. You're visiting the url: https...

Drag Drop on a list View
Hi, In My application, I am trying to implement Drag and Drop features. I have a list view which will display several files and folders. Now my problem is when ever I drag any file from Windows Explorer and drop over any of the folders in my list control, How will i find the list control item to which the file is dropped. Has Any body implemented file/folder drag and drop in MFC . Any suggetions/Source code/ links are appreciated Ganesh ...

View Multiple Spreadsheets in a Workbook
In Excel 2000 is it possible to view in separate windows or panes the different spreadsheets in a workbook? I prefer to use multiple spreadsheets in a single workbook and not work with separate multiple workbooks. --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ First, <Window> <NewWindow> Then, <Window> <Arrange> (for example) <Tiled> Each time you click on "NewWindow", it gives you another pane to view in "Arrange". -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all correspondence within the Group, so all may ...

Prompt user to input what data to be displayed on Report
I've created a report. I would like for user to decide what dates they want to see on report. (I think I need a parameter???? query)? What type of query do I create where user is prompted to enter a 'Begin Date' and and 'End Date'.. and have that data appear on report. What are the steps to do this????? Note: My date is in short date format On Mar 25, 4:00=A0pm, Summing multiple fields on a form <Summingmultiplefieldsonaf...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I've created a report. I would like for user to decide what dates they wa= nt > ...

Hotmail accts stopped working?
My Hotmail accts stopped working in Outlook Express 6 and regular Outlook (XP first, then I upgraded to 2003 beta 2) about a month ago. OE says "Authorization Required" but the password is definitely correct since I access the accts daily via the web on the same machine. Maybe something screwed up in the registry or possibly an encryption DLL... anyone have any ideas? thanks! -- ---------------------------------- To follow the path: look to the master, follow the master, walk with the master, see through the master, become the master. - Ancient Zen poem that is th...

Multiple ActiveX Controls
We have an ActiveX control that is built in VC++ and being used in VB and VC++. We are trying to use it in applications where there will be multiple instances of the control. When we attempt to use the control in this way, some, not all, of the events are passed to the wrong control. Ex: If there are three instances placed on a form and the third instance fires an event, the interface for the first control in the form will be the one that receives the event. When we've examined this closely, we have found that the handle of the control is being lost. Has anyone else seen anythin...