Replace Code with vba-routine (A97)

Hello NG,

is it possible to update code in forms and modules using a vba-routine
to replace f.e. everywhere where used, "SumOfDollars" with
"SumOfEuros"

With queries i already did it but with forms and modules i don't
know.

thanks for helping

Best Regards

Reiner

0
harmi

"harmi" <rharmgardt@yahoo.de> wrote in message
> Hello NG,
>
> is it possible to update code in forms and modules using a vba-routine
> to replace f.e. everywhere where used, "SumOfDollars" with
> "SumOfEuros"

Global search and replace of code in forms, reports, and modules is built
into ms-access.

When you use the "replace" feature..just click on the "current project"
button...it is global for *code*....

--
Albert D. Kallal    (Access MVP)
Edmonton, Alberta Canada

0
Albert

Prefill Coding Error
I have a form that I have a few data entry fields prefill the last text entered. For example, there is a field for Zip Code. Once the zip code is entered, and the record saved, the after update command retains the zip code entered. I use the code of Private Sub Zip_AfterUpdate() Me.Zip.DafaultValue = Me.Zip End Sub My problem is I have one of the fields that is not retaining the data entered. Here is the code I'm using Privagte Sub AssignedChap_AfterUpdate() Me.AssignedChap.DefaultValue = Me.AssignedChap End Sub In the data entry field on the form,...

Error code 80071A91
After using my Windows recovery software Windows Update will not update itself. I get this error code. Windows version? What problems were you having that you thought using your "Windows recovery software" might resolve? trooper wrote: > After using my Windows recovery software Windows Update will not update > itself. I get this error code. A hardware problem of some kind. I gave it to someone to work on and they wiped my system. They said they couldn't figure it out. So after awhile I tried reinstalling windows with my recovery dvd and I got it ...

Adding where command or filter into code??
Hi I have a form that runs a report based on the dates entered into two text boxes, i need to add a Where statement like I have in my macro but need it written into the code for the dates function. Basically I want to add a drop-down box field as an additional filter, so it finds in this case all the records within the two dates for a particular client, selected in the drop down. The drop down is called "clientdatecombo" and the form it is in is called "clientanddate" The combo is on the same form as the txt boxes for the date. Ok here is the date code Private Sub OK_C...

Button on sheet: ? VB code to add date in active cell
I placed a button on the sheet and would like to know the VB code to add the present date in the active cell. I did a group search, but not not find anything. Bart Excel 2003 Sub NOWDATE() ActiveCell.Value = Format(Date, "dd-mmm-yy") End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On 9 Dec 2006 19:22:34 -0800, "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote: >I placed a button on the sheet and would like to know the VB code to >add the present date in the active cell. I did a group search, but not >not find anything. > >Bart >Excel 2003 It works, however, ...

Fix Broken Cell Formula with VBA
Greetings, I have a cell formula that is damaged each time I run a delete to remove excess rows before a paste & copy. this formula links to a cell that is always deleted. So I am trying to repair this formula at the end of each cycle. Here is the correct formula: =IF(A11="Proximates","Click","") Here is the same formula after the delete: =IF(#REF!="Proximates","Click","") I tried to fix this in the code that does the finale copy & paste with this: Range("B2").Formula = "=IF(A11=...

A2000 to A97
Does anyone know how to convert A2000 file to A97. Any help would be appreciated. Thank You Tools | Database Utilities | Convert Database -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (No private e-mails, please) "Mary Ann Starling" <starling@wightman.ca> wrote in message news:03d701c39e78$bf2a9950$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Does anyone know how to convert A2000 file to A97. > Any help would be appreciated. > > Thank You >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know how to convert A2000 file to A97. >Any help would be appreciated. > &...

concatenating two vendor codes
My company recently changed the vendor codes and now I end up with two separate sets of data for each vendor. Obviously I could just leave the vendor code field out. I don't want to do that so what I need to do is concatenate the two codes. Example Vendor Code Vendor Name 123 Joe's Supplies ABC Joe's Supplies what I need is this Vendor Code Vendor Name 123/ABC Joe's Supplies any ideas? Rather than create a new record for each vendor, add another field to the table -- call it NewVendorCode -- and put th...

Excel VBA Q
I have 2 columns in a file - 1. Project numbers 2. Plan id If there is no project no. then I want to take the plan id and assign it to the project no. I have done this with formula: IF(C12="",A12&1) - The last number "1" - I want to increment it for all the lines for a particular group that do not have project nos. So for Group 1 that has 10 items in Plan and of them 6 have Project ids - I would like to have the Planids but with 1 at the end and then 2 at the end and so forth till 4 at end. SBUBBD1, SBUBBD2, SBUBBD3, SBUBBD4 I would like to do it through ...

Need Excel code to work in Word
I found this spreadsheet by John Walkenbach (Excel Guru) that has code I'd like to use in Word. http://spreadsheetpage.com/index.php/tip/mail_merge_without_word 1. John's Excel file has a help button that displays a userform. 2. The userform displays directions to guide the user on how to do something in Excel. 3. The directions (text) in the userform is stored in one of the sheets in the workbook. Those are the elements I care about. A userform with text that is editable. The procedure in John's Excel file talks you through doing a mail merge in Excel without u...

VB code stopped working?
Hi, I have a program on a corporate network that is working at 11 different buildings using different servers etc. The program is out for over a year now and there have been no problems. Now one of the locations is telling me that one of the options on the form will not open. I copy the file back to my drive and test it and it works fine...I move it back and they say that they cant open one of the options. It is a click to select the option number and then press the button to execute type of set up. The button they say doesn't work is only an open form event...all of th...

TIP: Dynamic chart selection without code
magine * a workbook with a results sheet. * the results sheet has a display area which shows a chart or table chosen by the user from a dropdown list. * when the user chooses a different chart/table, the display update accordingly. Now I'll tell you that * this requires no VBA code * it requires a single picture box - all the charts/tables are actuall on other sheets ..but getting the picture box to update dynamically is hard if yo don't know how. Get it here http://www.westnet.net.au/balson/ModellingExcel/VisualModelling.shtml (menus may only work in IE, sorry, I prefer Firefox...

How to bar code in a document in Publisher 2003?
Have a direct mailing piece which I want to add postal bar code to with a Publisher 2003 doucment. Source data is an excel spreadsheet. This is not an envelope or label but and address being printed right on the document and will be stuffed into a window envelope. Lisa wrote: > Have a direct mailing piece which I want to add postal bar code to with a > Publisher 2003 doucment. Source data is an excel spreadsheet. This is not > an envelope or label but and address being printed right on the document and > will be stuffed into a window envelope. http://ed.mvps.org/Static....

Create HotKeys VBA
I'm Looking for the code to set up my own hotkeys, beyond the choices that "toos/options/macros then assign hotkey" gives you. This limits your hotkey choices to only letters, i would like to be able to use punctuation symbols, numbers, whatever to assign hotkeys... i've seen this done before. I - bankers use their own toolkits from their own written VBA, and i used one that had this capability... Thanks, Michael Check out the Application.Onkey method in Help. -- Jim "eckseluser" <mjd199@gmail.com> wrote in message news:b712a483-f6b4-40be-9d1e-e04ab8cc5bc...

add eventhandler to sheet in code
Hi, I'd like to attach the eventhandler below, to any sheet that I add in code like so : Set wsUpload = ThisWorkbook.Worksheets.Add Private Sub Worksheet_BeforeDoubleClick(ByVal target As Range, Cancel As Boolean) Call bereikenmaken If target.Column = Range("womschrijving").Column Then Load Ingave Call tonen(target) Ingave.Show End If End Sub How can I do that ? thx Ward Not sure what you are asking, and what the relevance of the DoubleClick event is. Maybe you simply w...

Code to change label colour
I want a label control of a tickbox on a form to change colour if it is checked, assuming the checked value is YES. I've tried this code but it doesn't work Private Sub txtwithdrawn_AfterUpdate() If Me.txtwithdrawn Is Yes Then Me.txtwithdrawn_Label.ForeColor = 255 End If End Sub Can anyone help me here. Thanks Tony Sorry for posting too swiftly, realised that checked value should be = True and it worked. Thanks Tony "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:eKob1EoYIHA.220@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... >I want a label control of a tickbox on a form t...

All Models Compact Vacuum Cleaner Replacement Bag (5 Pack)
List Price:$3.99 Image: http://bestdeallocator.info/image.php?id=B0009H63BE Best price found: http://bestdeallocator.info/index.php?id=B0009H63BE All Models Compact Vacuum Cleaner Replacement Bag (5 Pack) ...

Report Writer VBA question
I have created 4 calculated fields in Report Writer. The report is a standard employee paycheck stub on top bottom report all of the fields are currency fields dlr_r2 formatting Field 1 - Is extracted in VBA directly from a SQL Table has a format of numeric Field 2 - Is extracted from the report writer Field 3 - Is extracted from the report writer Field 4 - This field is a formula which is Field 1 + Field 2 - Field 3 The problem that I am having is the the field 1 is properly extracted from the SQL table. however, it is not picked up by the field 4 formula. I am using VBA code direc...

Code to continue code on next line
I have a pretty long piece of code that I'd like to space out over multiple lines for easier reading and future handling and I know I've seen a special On Wed, 23 Dec 2009 20:37:01 -0800, Pamela <Pamela@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a pretty long piece of code that I'd like to space out over multiple >lines for easier reading and future handling and I know I've seen a special The line continuation signal is a blank followed by an underscore at the end of the line: FirstLine Of Your Code _ and then the second -- Joh...

changing the default printer in code
We have an application that uses the Adobe Acrobat SDK to print forms from within our app. However, the Print routine in Adobe will only use the default printer. I need to be able to change the default printer on the fly at print time. I currently display the CPrintDlg to allow the user to select which printer they want. I'm not sure what the next step is. I did a test by changing the default printer using the Setup/Printer UI from the Start Menu and this did the trick. I tried to see where the default info was stored and changed but couldn't (not in the registry or WIN...

Code working in 2K3, but not 2K7
I have a form with one unbound combo box. The On Open Event is set as follows: Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.Text0.SetFocus Me.Text0.Dropdown End Sub Works eveytime in Access 2K3 , but in 2K7 the form opens and the cursor is blinking in the combo box. Any idea on why the combo box will not drop down and display records? I have tried changing Overlapping Windows and Tabbed Documents settings, but no difference. If I remove the code entirely, the form opens and the combo box has the focus because it is the only object available. Any help appreciated. Try mov...

VB code to open other applications from templates
Hi, hopefully someone can help. I have a user that has an excel spreadsheet that they have placed button controls on that they hope to code to open other applications from existing templates. I have been able to open a word and excel fine but am having problems opening a PowerPoint presentation from a template and an InfoPath from a template. ----------------------------------------------------- Code that is working for Word: Dim appwd As Object On Error GoTo notloaded Set appwd = GetObject(, "Word.Application") notloaded: If Err.Number = 429 Then ...

Code Execution Interrupted #3
The macro was in a file called financial statements.xls That file is no longer open, however I receive the code interrupted message on almost all macros that I have executed in other files. I even received the message while executing a Microsoft Word Macro so perhaps it ismore system wide than just Excel. -- Jim Palmer ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Jim Palmer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=5210 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=278357 ...

find & replace crashes with word 2007 and C#
Hi, In my Widnows application (C#), i'm trying to edit a word text. in one computer i have office 2003 and it works, in the other computer i have office 2007 enterprise edition and i get an exception:\ Exception of type 'System.ExecutionEngineException' was thrown. i get this exception when i'm trying to find and replace a text using this wApp.Selection.Find.Replacement.ClearFormatting can anyone help? Thanks, Gidi. ...

VBA, refrencing a range
Hi everyone, I have the path to a chart or a range in Excel ( using link obk=jects sourcefullname) C:\WINDOWS\Standard\Desktop\Book10.xlsx!Sheet1![Book10.xlsx]Sheet1 myChart or for a range C:\WINDOWS\Standard\Desktop\Book10.xlsx!Sheet1!R5C2:R7C2 how can I refrence these in Excel VBA ? I mean I want to open these files and copy the specififc chart or range ? -- Best regards, Edward ...

Open A Network Folder From VBA
All - I'd like to be able to open a network folder when a user clicks a button on a form. The shared folder has a static name, but the sub folder will change with each record. For example.... Shared Folder \\server\share\folder Record ProjectNumber I'd like to have it set so that when a user is in ProjectNumber 123, they click the button and the folder \\server\share\folder\ProjectNumber opens. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks. Jeff Hi Jeff, At my job all users have Windows 2000 or Windows XP, and I use something similar to the follo...