remain on record that I was editing in a form after requery

I have created a form for user input (comprised of text boxes and list boxes)
and a subform that shows the results of some calculations that are performed
on the user input.  If I make a change to the user input and requery to see
the updated results in the subform, Access jumps to record #1, no matter
which record I was editing.  I then have to manually go back to the record I
was editing (and first I have to remember which one that was out of hundreds)
to see the results and make additional edits.

Is there any way to automate the process so that Access automatically goes
back to the record that I was editing after requerying??  I would imagine
there is, but I'm pretty new to MS Access.

Thanks!

Instead of requerying the form, try saving the record with:
    Me.Dirty = False

If necessary, you can force the calculated expressions (not saved fields) to
recalculate with:
    Me.Recalc

"Chelsea Z" <Chelsea Z@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have created a form for user input (comprised of text boxes and list
> boxes)
> and a subform that shows the results of some calculations that are
> performed
> on the user input.  If I make a change to the user input and requery to
> see
> the updated results in the subform, Access jumps to record #1, no matter
> which record I was editing.  I then have to manually go back to the record
> was editing (and first I have to remember which one that was out of
> hundreds)
> to see the results and make additional edits.
>
> Is there any way to automate the process so that Access automatically goes
> back to the record that I was editing after requerying??  I would imagine
> there is, but I'm pretty new to MS Access.
>
> Thanks!

0
Allen

Adjust the width of a tab control on a form?
Hi In my database, there is a main form and a subform. The subform consists of a tab control. In this tab control, I have placed my forms (which have working Master and Child links). I can't seem to make the tab control narrower than its current size. I want to make 8 inches wide instead of its current 10 inches. None of the forms in the tab control are 10 inches wide. How can I make this change? Thank you in advance for your help. On Mon, 8 Mar 2010 20:04:01 -0800, forest8 <forest8@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hi > >In my database, t...

How do I properly record a trnasfer?
I am balancing accounts and am having trouble keeping them balanced. Lets say I have Account A and Credit Card B. How should the Transfer be recorded to pay from Accaount A to Credit Card B? Is there a decent user guide to use besides the one online in the help menu. In microsoft.public.money, J_arse wrote: >I am balancing accounts and am having trouble keeping them balanced. Lets say >I have Account A and Credit Card B. How should the Transfer be recorded to >pay from Accaount A to Credit Card B? Use the SPECIAL Transfer category at the bottom of the list. (scroll) > Is t...

Closing form without saving changes
In my project I have a main form which shows all records. You can add records by clicking a command button. When the button is pressed a new form opens which has a tab control with 6-8 tabs, with each tab having a different subform. Each subform has an associated table. Each table is related to one main table on a one-one relationship. Referential integrity is checked with cascading delete checked. The only way to close the form is by clicking the "X". In the form Unload event I have code to ask if you want to save the record. My problem is, once I click the &...

Arrange fields on a form
I am working in a form in access. I have added more fields to the form. Everytime I edit a field I have to reinsert the field on the form. When I reinsert the field it no longer will keep the order I arranged. I want to be able to tab to my fields when entering data, but If I have to reinsert the field again it tabs to that field last. How do I rearrange that field where I want it without adding all the fields again? Depending upon your version, in the form's design view: View >>> Tab Order and change it. Alternatively, you can use the tab index property dis...

trying to do a if something blank do this else do this. same code works on a different form
If ge > "" Then sql statement else sql statement end if ge is a simple text box. my sql statements are fine. I have the same code running on a different form that also has a simple text box, it runs just fine. I can post me entire code if needed. What is the question? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "mgworek" wrote: > If ge > "" Then > sql statement > else > sql statement > end if > > > ge is a simple text box. my sql statements are fine. > > I have the same code running on a different form that also ha...

Print report based on form selection 12-22-09
I have a form listing work completed and a yes/no field to identify records to be printed on a report from a command button on the form. I can find lots of articles on the code required to print a single record but none on a selection based on multiple records. Can anyone help me with what code would do this Thanks Hi George, If you're wanting to open a report showing a certain set of the records shown on the form (assuming the form and the report have the same RecordSource), simply set the criteria you want in the Where parameter of the OpenReport method. For ex...

Best approach, Editing existing data.
Hi, I have a workbook with 2 sheets in it. One called master the othe called data. I have created an input userform that takes the data an puts it into the data sheet. I now need a way to bring up that sam data to be able to alter it. All the data for each vendor , with the vendor name first, is on on line in cells a1, b1, c1 etc... I have a combobox with the linked cell at c14 on my master page wher the name of the vendor I want to edit will appear. I need a way to edit that data. Any Ideas -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

subForm Not Adding Record
I have a subForm that has all of its fields populated with default vaules from the Main form (=[form1]![Field1]). No problem, I can get those to fill in, when I attempt to save that record, into another table, Access will not write the record. The AutoNumber field is still says <AutoNumber>. If I click in a field and change the value, the auto number creates a record and away we go. No problem. I tried using a button with the doCmd.RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord, to no avail, and I tried using the button wizard write this: DoCmd.DoMenuItem acFormBar, acRecordsMenu, acSaveRecor...

Pension Policies
Does anybody know a tidy way to record revaluations of pension policies in MS Money? For instance, a policy can increase in value from £10,000 to £12,000 due to investment gains of the funds in that policy. How would you go about recording this? Would you record this as an Investment Transaction? If so, what Activity would you allocate to this transaction? Thanks in advance for any useful pointers. "Peter Barrett" <PeterBarrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:987F89B8-7A89-400D-815A-22FA47FE6DA2@microsoft.com... > Does anybody know a tidy w...

Weird Issue with Query Max Records
I set my query to max 28 records but the report still shows the 28th record. Why is it doing that? The report is based on the query that's set to max 28 records. If you set it to max 28 what are you expecting as a results - 25 or 30? -- KARL DEWEY Build a little - Test a little "Michael" wrote: > I set my query to max 28 records but the report still shows the 28th record. > Why is it doing that? > > The report is based on the query that's set to max 28 records. > > > I found the answer online since posting. Reports ignore other controls ...

Two Excel forms- swapping data.
I have 1 excel form that has data in cells that I need to put into another excel form automatically. Is there any way thay I can do that. I am relatively new at Excel. ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore! Free Excel Forum http://www.ozgrid.com/forum *** Jim Investigate the use of worksheet "links". You can't "swap" back and forth, but you can enter data in Sheet1 and have it appear in Sheet2. In Sheet2 in a cell enter an = sign then click on Sheet1 and a cell then hit the <ENTER> key. The cel...

Recording the contents of a cell in a macro
I have a spreadsheet that I'm using to create quotes. I've created a formula to create a random number (ok, I know it's not really random and unrepeating but for my purposes, it's close enough) to represent the quote number. I've recorded a macro that copies the entire workbook and paste's special values to lock in the quote number. Then I go to the cell that contains the quote number and copy the contents of the cell so that when I print to PDF, I want to paste that quote number in as the filename. However, it never seems to either copy the contents or paste them (...

query vs forms
A query looks very similar to a form in datasheet view. Is it possible to call a form from a query if you click on a certain field - or is this only possible using a form. Is is possible to check if a one of two checkboxes has been ticked (say male or female) in a record just by entering the data in a query using some sort of table validation - I know that you can do some limited required field validation. Just wanted to know if this was at all possible because at the moment I am doing all data entry through select queries and it seems to be working Ok, but need to know whether its really nec...

Meeting form form for established membership
I am using Access 2007 and Access 2002-2003 and have an established membership database. I want to start adding forms to track membership meetings held twice a year. I am not sure how best to design the additonal forms to see established members and guests that might attend the meetings. I am looking for design ideas about how to lay this out. Would I have the form show a meeting and have a subform show who is attending or vice versa. My goal was to easily see the participants by meeting rather by member because we have guests sometimes. Are there any templates out there or can someone...

Continuous Form Scrollbar Thumb Wrong Size
I have created a continuous form in Access 2003. When I use it as a subform and update it with new query results, the scrollbar thumb is initially the wrong size (too small). Dragging it eventually fixes the problem, but is there a way to do this programmatically instead? Someone suggested I use Form.Refresh and/or Form.Repaint upon Form Load, Update, etc. but that's not helping. Clues welcome/appreciated! - Joe Joe D'Andrea wrote: >I have created a continuous form in Access 2003. When I use it as a >subform and update it with new query results, the scrollbar thumb is >i...

Case Form
How can I add the contract end date and contract type when i open a case? ...

Movable property of form
For some reason I can't change the "Movable" property in the property sheet for any of my forms. I'm using Access 2007 and can't find any settings that would prevent this. Can anyone help? Henry What exactly is the "Movable" property? Don't have AC2007, but have never heard of the property in any previous version. Henry Hicks wrote: >For some reason I can't change the "Movable" property in the property sheet >for any of my forms. I'm using Access 2007 and can't find any settings that >would prevent this. Can any...

locked for editing even though I'm not in it
HELP!!! I was in a file that's read only. My network connection crashed and now nobody can get into my excel file because it says I have it locked. I see no temp file in the network folder that contains the file. People are ready to kill me. What can I try? One possible cause is a hidden instance of Excel. Use Alt Ctrl Del to open the task manager and make sure you don't have two versions of Excel running. Or try copying the file with a different name. Or try resetting the attributes on the file by right clicking and having a look at properties. Or try rebooting your machine....

Spurious blank records being added
Hi I have a form Customers and a subform Bookings. The subforms Allow Additions property is set to false and Data Entry to false. I put a button on the Customers form, New Booking, which changes the subforms Allow Additions property to true and Data Entry to true. If the user now closes the form without adding any booking details, a blank record gets created. In order to try to prevent this, I set one of the fields in the Booking table to required. Validation > 0. Validation message "Booking not added". That works fine, i.e. if the user backs out they get a message "Booking ...

How do I select records were a field contains a key word??
I have a field named [Comments], a text field. I want to create a query that selects records that contain the word "Not" somewhere (anywhere) in the field. Is this possible? OldEd OldManEd wrote: > I have a field named [Comments], a text field. I want to create a > query that selects records that contain the word "Not" somewhere > (anywhere) in the field. Is this possible? > > OldEd .... WHERE Comments Like "* not *" -- Rick Brandt, Microsoft Access MVP Email (as appropriate) to... RBrandt at Hunter dot com Thanks, that worked....

Printing outlook calendar custom forms
Created a custom form as a added tab to IPM.Appointment to enter additional information for an event. Form can be seen by shared calendar users. How can this custom form be printed directly verses having to "print screen" then paste into word. Xprint works only for mail message and post from and not calendar. Help! Dan See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/customprint.htm=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power...

Crashes when editing fowarded email
When I try to edit a message that I am forwarding, Outlook gives me the error message "OUTLOOK caused an invalid page fault inmodule MSO9.DLL at 017f:308c5f2b." and then crashes. I have not been able to get help from the knowledge base. Any advice? ...

Excel Document password protected can no longer edit

Import multiple forms, queries from another database
Here is the story: I have created a database that will be used between myself and another person. My work: I manage and create/update queries, forms, vba code, macros, modules and reports in this database. My partner: Manages and updates the sole table in the database, using the forms that I create. Anytime I make changes to my work, I would like a simple way to apply those changes to my partner's copy of the database. I don't want to replace the actual table in the though, as their copy of the database would have the most updated information. So, essentially, I just wa...

Can binary files be pasted into a MS CRM 3.0 form?
I am researching CRM packages for my company. In going through all the MS literature on Dynamics CRM 3, I cannot find anywhere whether it will let me paste a binary file (say a Word document or an image) into the database. Does anyone know? Thanks, Ed Hi Ed, Have you checked the Attachment functionality? Regards, Niths "Ed Enstrom" wrote: > I am researching CRM packages for my company. In going through all the MS literature on Dynamics CRM 3, I cannot find > anywhere whether it will let me paste a binary file (say a Word document or an image) into the database. > ...