Referancing a subforms control

i have a value i would like to assign to a subforms control but i am having
no luck in doing so.

the main form is called "Site_info_frm"
the subform is called "FAsub_info_frm"
and the control is called "File_path"

could someone show me how to put them together to insert the value.

Thanks

Forms!Site_info_frm!FAsub_info_frm.Form!File_path

Note, though, that depending on how you added FAsub_info_frm as a subform on
Site_info_frm, it's possible that the subform control on Site_info_frm might
be named something other than FAsub_info_frm. If the subform control on
Site_info_frm is named something other that FAsub_info_frm, us the name of
the subform control instead.

You might find it useful to read
http://www.mvps.org/access/forms/frm0031.htm at "The Access Web"

--
Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP
http://I.Am/DougSteele

"Apples76" <Apples76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a value i would like to assign to a subforms control but i am having
> no luck in doing so.
>
> the main form is called "Site_info_frm"
> the subform is called "FAsub_info_frm"
> and the control is called "File_path"
>
> could someone show me how to put them together to insert the value.
>
> Thanks

0
Douglas
7/2/2007 12:41:16 PM
On my website (www.rogersaccesslibrary.com), is a small Access database
sample called "SubformReference.mdb" which illustrates how to handle a lot
of reference issues on subforms and sub-subforms.

--
--Roger Carlson
  MS Access MVP

"Apples76" <Apples76@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>i have a value i would like to assign to a subforms control but i am having
> no luck in doing so.
>
> the main form is called "Site_info_frm"
> the subform is called "FAsub_info_frm"
> and the control is called "File_path"
>
> could someone show me how to put them together to insert the value.
>
> Thanks

0
Roger

how to draw a bitmap on the Static control?
My dialog has a Static control. I have a bitmap and want to draw it in the Static control when dialog pop up. I implement DrawBitmap() and called it in OnInitDialog(). MyDialog::OnInitDialog() { .... DrawBitmap(); } MyDialog::DrawBitmap() { HWND hWnd = 0; HDC hDC = 0; INT nCx = 0,nCy = 0,nY = 0; RECT stCR ={0}; CClientDC dc(this); // device context for painting hWnd = ::GetDlgItem(this->m_hWnd,IDC_STATIC_IMAGE); ::GetClientRect(hWnd,&stCR); nCx = stCR.right - stCR.left; nCy = stCR.bottom - stCR.top; hDC = ::GetDC(hWnd); StretchDIBits(hDC,stCR.left,stCR.top,nCx,nCy,0,0,m_nCameraCX,m...

system() with command line window control
When a system() call is made, a command line window pop up and the statements gets executed. Is there a way I could have control over this procedure. Such as I want to store the output text shown at the command line execution into a local variable in my code. What if I want to hide the command line from the user. How do I do this ? thank you See if this helps: http://www.codeguru.com/Cpp/misc/misc/article.php/c321 AliR. "KK" <pedagani@gmail.com> wrote in message news:7588bff2-7c3d-4ac1-9003-5417fed147a6@a26g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > When a system() call is made, a ...

Is it possible to control a running appliaction via web ?
hi, Is it possible to control a running application via web pages through internet ? thanks, behzad ...

How to Control the Scrolling of the ListCtrl by Clicking on the Buttons?
Hi all, I've got a problem of controlling listctrl. I dont wanna display the scrollbar, and I wanna scroll it through clicking the 2 buttons on the left and right side. I know that it does not work that sending message WM_VSCROLL/WM_HSCROLL when I set "No scroll" to TRUE. Any suggestion would be appreciated. -- Best Regards, Simon Scrolls the content of a list view control. BOOL Scroll( CSize size ); Parameters size A CSize object specifying the amount of horizontal and vertical scrolling, in pixels. The y member of size is divided by the height, ...

Styles needed for tabbing between controls
What window styles must I set for each client control that I manually Create as children of a CWnd so that I can tab across them? I've created each cotrol with these styles: WS_VISIBLE WS_CHILDWINDOW WS_TABSTOP and I've created the parent CWnd with the addition of WS_EX_CONTROLPARENT And I still can't tab across controls. Using Spy++ I see that no messages are getting sent between each child control and the parent window when I press the Tab key. Is there something else I must do? Does the CDialog class actually contain additional code to handle control tabbing? -Dave Rahard...

Double_Click Control Event firing too soon, why?
I have a Access 2002 DB with a tabbed form. On one of the tabs there are 2 unbound subforms (AuthsSub, PlanSub). Both subforms display in Datasheet view. Both link to the Parent form by a common ID field (AbsID). All the underlying tables are ODBC-linked SQL tables. Users use these 2 forms pretty much simultaneously. This combination has been in production for years with no reported problems. The date fields on both subforms have Dbl-Click events which launch frmCalendar allowing users select a “correct” date. What is happening is the user will finish selecting or ente...

NLB on a Windows Server 2008 Domain Controller
I'm searching for information about using NLB on a Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controller, but no luck so far. I have a 2-node NLB cluster on Windows Server 2008 R2 servers, and want to add the Doman Controller role to them. I can't find anywhere that this isn't supported, or that I shouldn't do it, but I wonder if anyone here has any experience of doing it or know of reasons why I can or shouldn't do it? TIA Charles Hi Charles, I personally think the AD DS role is not supported to be run on top of NLB. If you want to achieve load balancing an...

Rich edit control does not do word-around selection?!
the rich edit control does not do word-around selection when the user double-clicks the a word in rich edit window. So i wanna use SetOptions() to figure it out, but unlucky it still does work after that. following code is snippet. class CMyView {... m_wndRichEdit; }; CMyView::OnCreate(...) {... m_wndRichEdit.Create(WS_CHILD | WS_VSCROLL | WS_VISIBLE | ES_MULTILINE | ES_AUTOVSCROLL | ES_WANTRETURN | ES_SUNKEN | ES_NOHIDESEL , CRect(0,0,0,0), this, ID_WND_RICHEDIT); m_wndRichEdit.SetFont(...); m_wndRichEdit.SetOptions(ECOOP_OR, ECO_AUTOWORDSELECTION); } ...

Custom Control
Hi, I have a custom control within a custom control. The Custom control works fine in a stand-alone dialog, When I embed the custom control within a another control,=20 I get ASSERT(::IsWindow(m_hWnd) || (m_pCtrlSite !=3D NULL)); error. if(m_pMidiDlg !=3D NULL) return; m_pMidiDlg =3D new CMidiDlg(this, this); m_pMidiDlg->Create(IDD_MIDI, this); m_pMidiDlg->SetOwner(this); *Error* m_pMidiDlg->EnableWindow(); m_pMidiDlg->ShowWindow(SW_SHOW); It took me a while to figure out that it has to do with the class name. It's kind of amusing what I did to fix the problem. I chan...

alignment controls on the form
I want to align controls and labels on the form in different place. The controls and labels are hand in hand. When I select controls and labels to move or alignment all comes together. Are there any way to align controls only or labels only? Your informaiton is greate appreciated, In the upper left hand corner of any selected control or label, there is a larger "handle" (black box for sizing or moving). If you click and drag that box, you will move the control or label without affecting the other one. If you want to completely separate them, select the label and "Cut&q...

How do I set focus to an HTML control?
I have a DHtmlDialog, and there is a text input control on the page. How do I give that control the input focus? Thanks, Brian Brian, In the html for the input control include an id tag, for example: <input id="my_input" ....../> Then you use the undocumented CDHtmlDialog::SetFocusToElement(LPCTSTR szId) .. If an using undocumented members worries you, just copy the code from dlgdhtml.cpp into your derived class. There are a number of macros and member functions in CDHtmlDialog that are not documented. I use this class a lot, it's a great tool. It does need better...

how to control outline group? show or collapse [vba]
I made an project tasks and outlined for each level thru vba. How can I hide (make it [+]) all the summary tasks if completed? ..showdetail = false looks not working as I wanted [1][2][3] Task Name %Done Start, Finish, .......... [-] My Project 30 [-] High Level 1st 100 . Task 1 100 . Task 2 100 [-] High Level 2nd 10 . Task 3 20 . Task 4 ...

where is snap control?
Trying to draw a line very close to present one. Start point of line snaps to present line which I don't want. I think it is related to snapping settings. Snap setting is not in options, Where is it? -- Rasoul Khoshravan Azar Kobe University, Kobe, Japan where is snap control? Under the Tools Menu --> Snap & Glue John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3rdparty.htm Need VBA examples? http://www.mvps.org/visio/VBA.htm Common Visio Questions http://www.mvps.org/visio/common_questions.htm Visio Wishlist http://www.mvps.org/visio/wish_list....

Dialog Box controls/CListBox
I am having trouble accessing the contents of a list box after I close the dialog box. I want to find out what items are left in the box.. Am I not allowed to access the list box outside of the dialog box? If the dialogbox is destroyed, all its child controls are also destroyed. You should get the data out of the controls in OnOk or similar function. -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:uNdgmw3lDHA.1488@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... | I am having trouble accessing the contents of a list box after I close t...

InsertItem fails on ActiveX control subclassing listview
I have successfully created an ActiveX control (using MFC COleControl) that is based on (subclasses) the list-view control (SysListView32). The control appears, and in report mode, it successfully displays the columns I have added to it -- InsertColumn (LVM_INSERTCOLUMN) succeeds. A call to DeleteAllItems (LVM_DELETEALLITEMS message) succeeds (but there are no items yet). However, when I call InsertItem (LVM_INSERTITEM) with a valid LVITEM structure being passed, it returns -1! Also, the portion of the control where items would appear is not colored white, as I would expect. I have...

How can I display upper and lower control limits as a line?
How can I display upper and lower control limits as solid lines on a chart? Hi, The following pages have examples of how to add lines. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AddLine.html http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/charts/straight_lines/index.html http://www.andypope.info/charts/averageline.htm http://www.processtrends.com/pg_charts_horizontal_line.htm Cheers Andy Ringo417 wrote: > How can I display upper and lower control limits as solid lines on a chart? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info ...

Using the WebControls.Xml control
I am using the WebControls.Xml control to render some xml from a memory stream using an xsl file from disk. It seems to be doing everything now but rendering the xml. (slight detail) When I execute the following, I see that my XSL was used to display some hard coded stuff but the XML was never processed. Does anyone see what I am missing here? // Xml1 is a WebControls.Xml control System.IO.MemoryStream memstream = new System.IO.MemoryStream() ; MyDataView.ToTable().WriteXml(memstream); memstream.Position = 0; XPathDocument oXPathDocument = new XPathDocument(memstream); this.Xml...

Exchange 2k on Domain Controller with Win2000 std 3gb mem
I know this isnt the ideal way to run Exchange but this is what I inherited when I started. I'm getting event logs 9582 (virtual memory fragmented) and I have read acouple of post where it is only suggested to have only 2gigs of ram on a standard Windows 2000 with Exchange 2k sp3. Could I just remove that extra 1 gig and will this help? I'm finding that this error keeps coming up and I have to reboot on a continual basis. That would be a good start, yes. -- Ed Crowley MVP - Exchange "Protecting the world from PSTs and brick backups!" "chris" <chris@...

ACC2000: Can't use Replace() in Control Source of report
Hi, I have a report in Access 2000. In a Control source of a text box I have: =Trim(replace(UCase([LIST5]),"PER BOX","")). Access does not recognize the replace function. Am I missing a reference here? How do I fix this? LIST5 is my actual field and I want to remove the string "PER BOX" from LIST5 if it exists. Thanks. Are you fully patched and updated for your 2000 ACCESS program? ACCESS 2000 did not recognize Replace function in queries and expressions until SP3, I believe. -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "A Man" <uce@ftc.g...

Problem with Subform control not working properly
I have a subform that will not be used with every record; it is a follow up form. If a customer has an issue that needs followed up on, then the end user will click the button, the subform will open, and they will enter the appropriate information. I'm having several problems with this subform. First, I want it linked by the Customer Number (primary keys for both forms) to my main form, so when you open the Follow Up form, it already has the Customer Number in that field. I cannot seem to get it to do that - it will allow me to enter that number in there, but it will also allow m...

Control End
The keyboard shortcut Control-End is supposed to move the active cell to the bottom right cell which corresponds to the last used row and column in the worksheet. This seems to work only if I don't shrink the worksheet due to deleting data, etc. Then Control-End moves me still to a location which was used before but does not correspond to the actually used last row/column. ??? If you delete data by highlighting and pressing the <delete> key, this does not reset where Excel thinks the last used cell is. You should highlight the rows and Edit | Delete (same with any unused column...

Using a variable 'Top n' value from a form control
Is it possible to have a form control that can adjust the 'Top n' value that is based on a criteria in a query? I have a query that I want to use with of a varying number of Top n values based on the dynamic figure that I input into a control on a form. Is this possible?. I seem to remember from the early days of Access 1.0 & 2.0 that the 'Top n' value can be used in a criteria on the QBE grid, or did I imagine that? No. You cannot use a parameter for the TOP n value. You could build the query statement dynamically, and assign it to the SQL property of the QueryDe...

CEdit control crashes when resized
Hi, I have built a dialog based application that uses a CEdit control. No problems initializing it, I can change the font and other similar stuff, but it crashes when I resize it. The application it self does not crash, but it becomes impossible to continue. Please see the two images, before and after the resize operation: http://www.saffi.nu/cedit/pic1.gif http://www.saffi.nu/cedit/pic2.gif The edit control is declared in the .rc file as: ------------------------- EDITTEXT IDC_EDIT_WINDOW,103,5,93,78,ES_MULTILINE | ES_AUTOVSCROLL | WS_VSCROLL | NOT WS_TABSTOP ------------------------- My...

Menu subform
I am contemplating of creating a menu-type form with several command buttons to perfrom navagational and housekeeping functions. I was thinking of incorporating this menu as a subform on other forms but not sure how to code the command buttons so the same action is performed no matter what form calls it.maybe it isn't such a good idea after all.Brian This example might help you get there: http://www.lebans.com/recnavbuttons.htmIMHO, the the toolbar buttons (for undo, delete, filter, find, etc) and built-in navigation buttons are the simplest and most reliable approach. A custom toolbar ...

Need Help with subform
Good Afternoon. I don't know quite how to explain this but I'll try. I have a subform where I have to enter a date. The date is validated between a beginning and end date. If any where out side of those two dates then a msgbox pops up. It works fine. In fact to fine. When I try and close the main form the Subform msgbox keeps on popping up. I don't know why this is happening. I'm not even on the subform section. I would think that if the main form is closed then all forms would close with it. From the main form on the close button I have docmd.close When the subf...