Re: extract info from form - 143918

U�ytkownik "Jan Kowalski" <osoba@microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
news:...

> U�ytkownik "Jan Kowalski" <osoba@microsoft.com> napisa� w wiadomo�ci
>>
>> U�ytkownik "Graham R Seach" <gseach@REMOVEaccessmvp.com> napisa� w
>> wiadomo�ci news:FC873C2F-B5C3-425B-B420-1237B68E1B5E@microsoft.com...
>>> Wes,
>>>
>>> There are easy ways of doing this, but you'll have to be a bit more
>>> specific before we can really help you.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Graham R Seach
>>> Microsoft Access MVP
>>> Sydney, Australia
>>>

>>> "WesT" <WesT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

0
Jan

Transferring HTML form data to a spreadsheet?
Hi Guys I was hoping someone could help me. Say I have a simple web form, consisting of one text field. How can I get the contents of that text field into a cell in my spreadsheet? For example, lets say, I type my name "2eXtreme" into the Google search bar, is there any way I can run a macro or something similar on the page to read the contents of the search bar text and then copy it into a cell in excel? I've tried using Web Queries, but only text field labels get copied into the spreadsheet, not the text field contents... I hope this makes sense, any help is very much appreci...

expand and Collapse form
I am trying to make a form that will serve as a sort of navigation pane. I want the form to expand and collapse when I click on a subject this will display other forms I am wanting in that catagory. any idea on how to do this? Not sure exactly what you have in mind, but have you thought of hiding and showing the form. That is easy to do. There are some switchboard examples around if you search. One way is to use a form with a listbox down the left side. Clicking on an item in the listbox, opens a form inside the subform on the right side of the main form. Your code just change...

Re: 3rd Party AD Software
If you do not like scripting, you can try Fast User Manager & Reports from IMIBO - www.imibo.com http://www.imibo.com/imius/default.htm | "aldz00" <aldz00@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message | news:843E8408-F81C-4321-BFE8-209568D704FC@microsoft.com... || Ryan, || || The big thing we are looking for is to easily identify AD attributes in || user, distribution and security groups. Many times we need to identify | users || based on a certain criteria or make changes for the same reason. In | addition || to that, importing and exporting AD info from and to .csv is ...

Change Default When Selecting New Message From Form
Whenever I select New -> Choose Form, it defaults to "Organizational Forms Library" (which is empty). How can I make it default to "User Templates in File System"? Thanks. I've been looking for a way to do that for years, but have never found = one. FYI, there is a newsgroup specifically for Outlook forms issues = "down the hall" at microsoft.public.outlook.program_forms or, via web = interface, at = http://www.microsoft.com/office/community/en-us/default.mspx?dg=3Dmicroso= ft.public.outlook.program_forms --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Con...

Opening a new record form but allowing searches
I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up so that it allows for both? On Thu, 4 Mar 2010 17:54:06 -0800, Fallout <Fallout@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I changed the "Data Entry to Yes" to have my forms open for new records, but >it seems to have disabled my ability to move from record to record or allow >for searches. Is there another way that I could have set it up ...

Re: Two-Column Problem
After managing to set up OE-QuoteFix on his new PC, Ed reads a message from Charley Kyd <kyd@incsight.com>... > But now, when I add a pair of pages, Publisher gives me guides for two > columns per page but gives me only one page-wide textbox per page, > not two. Can't you create your text boxes yourself? Or change the text box that appears to a two-column one? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm ...

how to extract thumbnails from Thumbs.db
Hello, Could you tell me how to extract thumbnail images from Thumbs.db under specified directory? especially extract thumbnail for .JPG or .JPEG files? Thank you in advance for your help. Charlie A google search is always promising; it took less than 15 seconds to find http://www.experts-exchange.com/Programming/Programming_Platforms/Win_Prog/Q_20822626.html (Apparently this site has an answer, but you have to subscribe to it to see it; I'm on enough spam lists that I don't subscribe to anything any longer) and under 2 minutes to find http://www.petedavis.net/MySite/DynPag...

Form check box
I have a check box that's part of a form and have the information copy to a data base: ws.Cells(iRow, 2).Value = Me.txtMemberName.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 5).Value = Me.TxtDeposits.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 6).Value = Me.TxtLending.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 7).Value = Me.CBBroker.Value <---this line ws.Cells(iRow, 8).Value = Me.Txtmutualfunds.Value ws.Cells(iRow, 10).Value = Me.txtComments.Value The value that appears in the data base is "true" How do I simply change this to say "Yes" Thanks for your help if me.cbbroker.value = true then ws.cells(iRow, 7)...

Form will not display records
In Access 2007, one of our users has asked me to research the following, She built one form, using fields from 5 tables, each table has a field, Item_ID, it is the Primary key in all 5 tables, and a 1-1 inner join relates the 5 tables. She then created the form, using the fields from the tables. Data entry works perfectly, and the tables get populated, but when closing the application and then restarting it, the data does not display in the form, although it is still in the tables. What could cause this behavior? What is the SQL feeding the form? -- Build a little, test a ...

Filter by Form limitations
I have a form with several combo boxes which are "limit to list". I have another combo box that is disabled if the value in another field doesn't meet certain criteria. When the user clicks "filter by form", they can't enter any wildcard strings into the "limit to list" combo boxes, and they can't use the disabled field at all for filtering. I would like the form to become more usable for filtering when the user clicks "filter by form" (ability to use wildcards etc). What is the best way to do this? I had a thought that I could put...

Posting from a form to a table
A have a db that is used to keep track of members that talk and when. the process is that I have a form that pulls in several names from a table "MemberName". each record is associated with a date. I would like to have the date of the record post to each of the names from the "MemberName" table. I imagine that you would need one table for the member names and another table for the talks. One member can give many talks, so the relationship is 1 to many between MemberName table and the Talk table. In the talk table, you would have the MemberID from the memb...

Form Designer in VC Net 2003 ???
sorry but I am a newbie ... Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C Builder ??? Is the form designer in VC Net more flexible and powerful then the ones in Borland C Builder ??? Hope to hear from you soon ... Andy > Does Visual C++ Net 2003 have a form designer like Borland's C Builder ??? Has a form designer, but not like Borland's C Builder. > Is it easier to develope applicaitons with VC Net then with Borland C > Builder ??? I think yes, but this is personal....

Use Our Catalogs To make big profits. Ditributorships opening nationwide Free Info giftsemporium2000@yahoo.com leave name and adresss and ill send you infomation to get started
Use Our Catalogs To make big profits. Ditributorships opening nationwide Free Info giftsemporium2000@yahoo.com leave name and adresss and ill send you infomation to get started ...

Data Entry Form 03-20-08
Hi, I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. This time, the form doesn't allow me to enter new data. In fact, all text boxes didn't let me to enter new information. Please help Thanks Chi Several things to check: In form properties: Allow Additions = Yes Allow Edits = Yes If the form's record source is a query, be sure the query is updatable. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Chi" wrote: > Hi, > > I created a form to use for viewing currently records and entering new data. > > This time, the ...

Need help with Excel Form & ComboBox Tutorial
At http://www.excel-vba.com/v-forms-controls.htm I have followed instructions... my code on the form is below but it won't run... I've marked the error... Can anybody give me any help with this? thanks Code is below-------------- Private Sub cmdBtnSubmit_Click() shReport.Range("C4").Value = cbxCity.Value cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub cmdCityCancel_Click() cbxCity.Value = "Select a City" frmCity.Hide End Sub Private Sub UserForm_Activate() shParameterst.Activate '<-----Run Time Error 424 - Object Required...

form design contacts
I tried a couple of times to make a better form for contact items. The form is half empty (gray) now on the screen, while it could be showing more telephon e numbers and private and work address. The note section is so large and hardly used (at least not with me). I tried a couple of times to make my own design. Conclusion: this is not my cup of tea. I have other hobbies, I don't want to spend any more time on this. Has anyone a working re-design that he/she would like to share with me? In exchange, I will help you with you Volvo 122, the hobby that I am good at. Outlook XP ...

Form size changing
Access 2003. I have an input form with a command button that executes a stored procedure (through a pass-through query) to write records to a table in SQL Server. On click, the form restores itself. I don't have any code changing the size. There are several things happening, pass through query being run, null values being checked etc. I can paste the code, rather long, but I was hoping there might be a few things to look for first that could be causing this. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/201005/1 ...

Provide an option for POP Returns to re-open a PO.
When processing a Return, or even a Return with Credit, several of my clients would like the Purchase Order to be re-opened. Returns can be for damaged or non-conforming goods, and the client would still like the conforming goods without creating a new PO. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click &qu...

VBA beginner needs assistance with ComboBox in a User Form
I'm trying to add a Custom User Form to a simple spreadsheet I use for keeping track of my fuel consumption. The code for the user form is as follows:- Private Sub CommandButton1_Click() Dim LastRow As Object Set LastRow = Sheet1.Range("a65536").End(xlUp) '1st empty row 'textbox1 removed to insert date directly into cell LastRow.Offset(1, 0).Value = Now() 'insert current date LastRow.Offset(1, 1).Value = TextBox2.Value 'amount spent LastRow.Offset(1, 2).Value = TextBox3.Value 'litres of fuel LastRow.Offset(1, 3)....

How to extract data from chart with lost datasheet link
I have a column chart, but I have lost the original datasheet. How can I get the data out of the chart? The chart is correct, but can not update Hi, I posted the following to a similar thread. Select a series and go to the formula bar and press F9. In a very simple test example the following formula converted to, =SERIES(,[Book3]Sheet1!$A$2:$A$5,[Book3]Sheet1!$B$2:$B$5,1) =SERIES(,{"a","b","c","d"},{1,2,3,4},1) or you could try using code. Sub GetChartData() ' output labels and values to sheet Dim vntData As Variant Dim vntLabels As ...

How do I extract text from a consecutive run of 15 pgs in Publishe
The original text was pasted in from a document. Now I want to extract the text to a Word document again so that I can get someone else to update it. 2007 If the text boxes are connected, you could try Edit | Edit Story in Word -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression "Suebriquet" <Suebriquet@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:31CB7416-D6DB-4047-B8A6-AB811624E37C@microsoft.com... > The original text was pasted in from a document. Now I want to extract the > text to a Word document again so that I can get someone else to update...

Form Not Visible
I have a very simple form with two combo boxes & two text boxes that feed selection criteria to a query & then a command button that opens another form based on the query. This form is in the front end of a database that I have installed on multiple users's PCs, some using 2007 & some using 2003. Some users can open the form just fine while others seem to be unable to open the form. However, when I tried to delete the form, I got a message that Access was unable to delete the form while it was open. So it's opening--its just not visible for some users eve...

Condensed form of Edit Lists
Hi all! Has anyone modified GP Edit lists to get rid of extra spaces? Please let me know. Thanks. -- Marisol Mortera ...

extracting hours from a sum of time
I have a cell which sum a bunch of cells containing an elapsed time. The sum totals to more than 24 hours. I have to a cell with a cost per hour and I need to caclculate the total cost. The problem is that the hour function returns values in the range of 0-24. My current sum is 25:30 and the hour function return 1 and not 25. Any ideas how to bypass it? It "returns" the correct number, but doesn't show. Format Custom as [h]:mm and it will. To convert to a number that you can multiply with an hourly rate, first multiply by 24; times in Excel are fractions of a day and a day is s...

Moving files after re-stalling Windows XP Pro
Due to a corrupt Windows file I had to re-install Windows. Unfortunately this meant that the new Outlook "Contacts" files, and files I had set up in "My Shortcuts", do not show up in the current Outlook. How can I locate, and move, these files from the old Outlook into the current Outlook? Thanks, The file you need up is your Personal Folders file (*.pst) It's where all the mail, calendar, contacts etc are stored. Take a look at these pages for info on Outlook data backup: http://www.slipstick.com/config/backup.htm There are specific steps you should take ...