Queries not avaliable to be added to form? All Table fields are.

Access 2007

I am trying to create a basic form that will display some information from a
table and from the results of some queries.

I am able to add fields from my tables to the form without any problems, but
I am unable to add any of the fields from my queries to the form. In Design
Mode under "Add Existing Fields" my queries are not even avaliable as an
optionto choose from.

After trying to add them in by hand by going to the control source and then
the expression builder the only result I get in the resulting box is the
dredded "#NAME?" error.

I am starting off with a blank form. Anyone know how to add the fields from
tables and queries? It seems like it should be simple.

BTW I also have all of my tables and queiries linked using an ID number in
the relationship tool.

You cannot do what you are trying to do.  A form can have only one record
source.  You may need to use a subform for each query you want to get data
from.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"sup909" wrote:

> Access 2007
>
> I am trying to create a basic form that will display some information from a
> table and from the results of some queries.
>
> I am able to add fields from my tables to the form without any problems, but
> I am unable to add any of the fields from my queries to the form. In Design
> Mode under "Add Existing Fields" my queries are not even avaliable as an
> optionto choose from.
>
> After trying to add them in by hand by going to the control source and then
> the expression builder the only result I get in the resulting box is the
> dredded "#NAME?" error.
>
> I am starting off with a blank form. Anyone know how to add the fields from
> tables and queries? It seems like it should be simple.
>
> BTW I also have all of my tables and queiries linked using an ID number in
> the relationship tool.

Proper Table(s) Layout
I have created a couple of Dbs which the table structure seemed to simply fall into place, it was just logical in my head. That said, I am working on a new db and for some reason I am doubting myself and wanted a second opinion. The db is basically a contract db to input all the info, and there is a lot of info, for each contract. Where I am 'lost' is the fact that the contracts are broken into categories: clients, components,engineering, warantee... For all of the components (with the exception of clients) there are a number of fields but only 1 entry per contract....

Queries and Charts

Pass parameter from FORM to QUERY

Office 2007 forms

C# Adding Days to a Date
Hello, I have 2 objects: objContract.activeon and objContract.expireson. I am trying to add 364 days to objContract.activeon and assign it to the value of objContractexpireson. ---------------------------------------------------------- // Contract Start Date DateTime dt = DateTime.Now; objContract.activeon = new CrmDateTime(); int iFound = 0; string sTemp = ""; if (objAccount.paymenttermscode.Value == 1) // due on receipt - use Todays Date { objContract.activeon = objInvoice.CFDinvoicedate; } else // ...

Table link documentation

Field Service Calls and Invoices
We use the Service Call modules for repairs in our Stores and have a situation that I'm trying to find a workaround. We have situations where our technicians will pick-up items without prior notification to our dispatchers. All of a sudden we get an invoice and currently we have to track down the charge and then we are forcing a PO into the system from the Service Call in order to properly receive and enter the invoice. Does anyone have other ways to do this and track the information/cost on the Service Call without needing to create a PO after the fact. This is not an applicat...

Duplicate record in RM tables
We experienced an issue in Apply Sales Document that may have caused a duplicate record somewhere. We found this when running Paid Sales Transaction Removal and received this message: Violation of PRIMARY KEY contraint PKRM3101. Cannot insert duplicate key in object RM30101. I ran the RM duplicate tool found in the automated help area of this website and found the following: --- Begin copy here ---- Duplicates between RM Open and RM History Document #: 07-003021-17 Customer #: 079100 RMDTYPAL #: 7 --- End copy --- It looks like the duplicte tool also logs the qu...

Adding support for mfc / atl types in a Win32 project
MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & mfc (I'm just after points and rects btw)... just add the header ( atltypes.h ). I'm getting linker errors for these classes though. Is there a lib I need to add? Any screwy build options need changing? It's in VC 2003. In the project wizard I note that atl and mfc support aren't available when creating an empty Win32 application. Ta. On 26 May 2006 07:42:09 -0700, Simon L wrote: > MSDN says this about adding support for classes shared between atl & > mfc (I'm just after points and rect...

Changing query execution sequence

adding extra marker styles
how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do we get them back? Hi, Here is an explanation on how to add custom markers. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/CustomMarkers.html I don't think the marker style have changed since xl2000. Cheers Andy Grizzabella wrote: > how do we add extra marker styles into an excel chart? we have used all the > ones it has given us in 2003, but there use3d to be many more in 2002, how do > we get them back? -- Andy Pope, Micro...

cursor missing from form textboxes
I believe that I know 98% of the little intricacies of Publisher, but I'm stumped on this one. I created a website with a contact page and none of the standard textboxes will show a cursor to indicate with field you are in (I've even made the site live to double check). If you tab between textboxes, the tabbing works, as does typing, there is just no visual cursor to indicate where you are. If you click on the first textbox and type, all is good you can tab to the next box and type, and it's fine. I'd like to have the visual cursor show and can't get it. I also have ...

Pivot Table Defaults
In the pivot table field list, whenever I create a new pivot table and I am inserting fields into the value area, I generally get as default field setting the 'Count' value. Is there a way to format the spreadsheet to make Excel recognize the data as all numbers so it defaults to the "Sum" function as opposed to "text"? Hi The rule that the PT Wizard adopts is, If all the values in the field being added to the data area are Numeric, then it uses Sum. If any of the values are Text or BLANK, then it uses Count. It sounds as though you have defin...

Like a pivot table
Hello every body I'm first time requesting in this group, so I opologize in advance for any mistakes or something annoying I repeat what I have sent before 10 min because I see it unclear when it goes to news group If any one can help me I'm working with data which most of it comes like a table with feilds as columns and records as rows. I want it to be as many rows with each feild an example what is exist name age Joining Date Tele John 20 Jun-90 4321251 Iqbal 30 Jul-95 6583752 George 40 Sep-85 7843125 What I wa...

VBA form
Im using a form/macro that i linked to through another thread and a tailoring it to my needs. I basically have it doing what i need but cant get a button to do what i want. When the user starts the macro i brings up the form with a message and 2 buttons (Continue/Cancel). Whe continue is pressed i want the message on the form to change to aniothe message and so on until all messages are shown. Ive attacehed what i working on and apprecaite any help offered. Thank yo +------------------------------------------------------------------- |Filename: Excel.zip ...

multiple iterations of same query
Running Access 2003 on Vista. I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. What I want to do is run the same query for approx 110 different users, each with their own randomly selected 15 records. Obviously, I want to avoid manually running the same query that many times. How can I get around this? Post your query SQL. -- Build a little, test a little. "Nathan" wrote: > Running Access 2003 on Vista. > > I have a query that chooses 15 records at random. This works fine. > > What I want to do is run the same query fo...

Scroll Wheel effecting a form
Is there any way to keep a mouse scroll wheel from having an effect on a form? This is a single form for data entry and if are part way thru the form and for what ever reasom use the scroll wheel all the fields on the form are effected (they dissapear - like going to the next new record). My suggestion to get a mouse without a scrool wheel was not met with enthusiasm. :) Any help here will be appreciated. Thanks in advance The scroll wheel is moving you through the records. Nothing except your view of the records is disappearing. The records are still there. I wouldn't think y...

How to show query parameters on an Excel page header or worksheet?
Is it possible to display query parameters on a page header or on a worksheet? I have a worksheet that uses a query to retrive data from an ODBC database. The Query prompts for the Start Date and End Date. I would like to be able to print the worksheet and display the Start Date and End Date the user typed in. Thank you for your assistance. ...