Problem with first page of tabbed form

The second and third pages of my form work fine. No matter what I put on the
first page it takes up the entire screen when viewed, with no tabs visible.
I'm carefully avoiding puting the controls on the main form -- I put them
within the black box that appears when the tab is clicked.

If I leave the first page blank the other pages work well. If I move the
second page up to the top of the page order, I have the same problem -- the
form tabs no longer show.

How can the same page work correctly when it is in the number 2 position and
not when it is in the number 1 position?

What am I missing?

I suggest you check the size of all elements, especially the form footer!

"JeanneG" wrote:

> The second and third pages of my form work fine. No matter what I put on the
> first page it takes up the entire screen when viewed, with no tabs visible.
> I'm carefully avoiding puting the controls on the main form -- I put them
> within the black box that appears when the tab is clicked.
>
> If I leave the first page blank the other pages work well. If I move the
> second page up to the top of the page order, I have the same problem -- the
> form tabs no longer show.
>
> How can the same page work correctly when it is in the number 2 position and
> not when it is in the number 1 position?
>
> What am I missing?
Thanks for the response, Lowe5000. I don't exactly understand the suggestion,
though. If the size of the elements fit and work fine when the page is in the
second tab position, why would that change if the page is moved up to the
first tab position? Are there different restrictions for the first page?

In any case none of my forms or subforms use form footers and I don't see
other elements that seem to have odd sizes.

I've deleted the first page and inserted a new tab then moved that page into
the first position. Same problem.

My problem with the first page occurs when the only element on it is a
command button, for example, or just a small rectangle.

Any other ideas?

Jeanne

"Lowe5000" wrote:

> I suggest you check the size of all elements, especially the form footer!
>
> "JeanneG" wrote:
>
> > The second and third pages of my form work fine. No matter what I put on the
> > first page it takes up the entire screen when viewed, with no tabs visible.
> > I'm carefully avoiding puting the controls on the main form -- I put them
> > within the black box that appears when the tab is clicked.
> >
> > If I leave the first page blank the other pages work well. If I move the
> > second page up to the top of the page order, I have the same problem -- the
> > form tabs no longer show.
> >
> > How can the same page work correctly when it is in the number 2 position and
> > not when it is in the number 1 position?
> >
> > What am I missing?

multiple flyers per page?

CSV File Problem

Problems with creating a newsletter

Customize Current View: Filter Problem

Month problem

Trouble with Tab Control
I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or "normal" i've selected botha nd nothing changes. Any ideas on how to solve this. thanks On Jan 25, 9:32 am, tsla...@gmail.com wrote: > I have a form in which i have a tab on it. The problem is the tab > appears white and I would like to show the background behind it. I > saw in the properties there was a section to make it "transparent" or > ...

printing 2 charts on single page

Rounding Problem

Word2007. Checkbox. No Form

Offline folder problems #2

Access 2007 and Vista code problem

OLK 2k7

outlook 2k2 problem

Mother of a sumproduct (ish) problem!

Hyperlink problem #3

CRM 3.0 Login Problems

Spam is a big big problem
Spam is a big big problem ...

Problem with Database Wizard

Strange problem
We have been rolling out new Windows 7 workstations (all new computers) at work over the last few months and a strange problem has developed. Prior to Windows 7 we were using Windows XP with Office 2007. The problem is, we have a workbook which uses a UserForm for filling in all required information. Prior to rolling out the new Windows 7 workstations, the workbook and UserForm were working flawlessly (for over a year) and they still work flawlessly on the first 3 Windows 7 workstations but on the last 2 workstations we rolled out if you open the UserForm and leave it open for ...

HELP! Outlook POP3 problem(s)