PROBLEM SIZING A TEXT BOX IN A FORM

Access 2007/vista

I have a form in which I cannot adjust the text boxes INDIVIDUALLY.  I click
on a text box and it becomes surrounded by an orange border, indicating it is
selected.  But when I size it smaller or larger, all the other text boxes in
the form move in tandem.  I have not encountered this before and am baffled.
Ideas?
--
William

Move Control to another Form Problem
This Control Button I want to move from my MainMenu Form to the form that contains the the List Box [lstModify], which is where my Invoices sit to be distributed, When I moved the control I got a yellow error on {subSetInvoiceValues} thanks for any help......BobPrivate Sub cmdDistributeAllInvoices_Click() Dim nRtnValue As Integer nRtnValue = MsgBox("Are you sure you want to Distribute All Invoices?" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & "If you choose Yes, all the Invoices will have Invoice Numbers.", vbCritical + vbYesNo + vbDefaultButton2, "Distribute all Invoices"...

Vlookup Problem #6
Good afternoon everyone, Using Windows & Excel XP I'm having a problem with the =VLOOKUP function. In the help section it says that it searches for a value in the leftmost column of a table. What I want it to is to search the first two column of a table. For example I have a worksheet called "winners" that looks like this, A B C ------------------------------- 1 0 0 Nothing 2 0 1 $3 3 1 1 $4 4 2 0 Nothing 5 2 1 $7 on...

Problem when pasting text from Word into Mail
When I copy and paste text from Word 2004 into Apple Mail, Mail doubles the line returns. In other words, if in Word there is a single return (my intent is to start a new line immediately below the previous one) in mail the pasted text will show a double return (ie double spacing). This had previously happened to me when I was running Panther; after I queried on this board someone suggested that I use shift-option- command-v to paste, and this solved the problem. A few weeks ago I bought a new Mac Mini running Snow Leapard. Now the problem has returned, and using shift-option-com...

Problem with hotmail
I am having a problem with all Hotmail accounts on my system. Both Outlook 2002 and OE 6. Problem: Keeps asking for Username and Password. UserID and Password have been verified (via direct Internet Explorer Hotmail.MSN.Com login) I wish I could find what could possibly be wrong. These settings used to work fine. No new changes (only blocked cookies from trash sites to limit junk. hotmail.com is a trused site. msn.com is a trused site. I believe it is a security issue with some script from Hotmail, but can not find the setting. Too much spam in e-mails to reset security at this poi...

error in Forms Printer with retrieving data
Hello: In GP 10.0 with Forms Printer and Crystal XI, I added a SQL view that I created in the database. This view was not in the report, until this point. Then, when I printed the report, I got an error onscreen saying that the report was unable to retrieve data. I clicked OK and received two subsequent messages--Invalid File Name and Invalid Job Number. Any ideas? childofthe1980s Not sure which formsprinter is being used, but did you grant access to DYNGRP for the view. -- Mick "childofthe1980s" wrote: > Hello: > > In GP 10.0 with Forms Printer and Crystal X...

how do i print tiles to form a banner
I'm trying to print from my home computer a banner 2 pages wide. Simple right...but i can't find the menu to print in tiles. Please help! There is no such menu in Word, because Word can't do banners. Do it in Publisher or, if you don't have that program in your version of Office, try using Excel. -- Regards, Jay Freedman Microsoft Word MVP FAQ: http://word.mvps.org Email cannot be acknowledged; please post all follow-ups to the newsgroup so all may benefit. Joy wrote: > I'm trying to print from my home computer a banner 2 pages wide. > Si...

Report Writer (Modify Stock PO Form)
I need to add a comment to all PO's forms. (ie. "All corespondents must reference the above PO number.") Can someone walk me through the process from start to finish or show me where to find this info. thanks, GP9.0 SP3 -- Christian S South Carolina Christian, If this is a comment that will be used very often, then you can create a comment ID in the Comment Setup window (Tools > Setup > Company > Comments) by entering the Comment ID, i.e., POREFRNCE. and setting the series to Purchasing. When you create your PO, you can select this comment ID from the lookup. ...

Problem with Excel 2003 Template
I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that the task pane opens when I open the program. I have unchecked the task pane option in tools/options, and tools/customize, and in view. Nothing works. How can I stop the task pane from opening? Thanks, W. G. Davis I don't have 2003, but you might try to copy and paste the data from your downloaded list, over to another Excel workbook. Vaya con Dios, Chuck, CABGx3 "William G. Davis" wrote: > I downloaded a "Membership List" from Microsoft. It's fine except that t...

Best way to play Video files on an Access form?
Hello, My client has an Access front end with an SQL Server back end that will be storing Videos. The client wants to play those videos on an Access form. I know I can use Windows Media Player, but just wondering if anyone has experience doing this that has some insight on what the best way to handle this is. I know Media Player can be a bit of a pig, so if there is a better solution, I would love to hear it. Thanks! Rico ...

Missing "Save Embedded Files dialog box"
I am using Frontpage 2003 (portable). After replacing my harddrive and reinstalling Frontpage 2003 I am unable to upload pictures to my website. The "Save Embedded Files dialog box" is missing and does not come up after adding a new picture to a page and saving. Suggestions? Import your images into FP web/site first (into folder of your choice), then place them into your design...you will never have a problem doing it this way. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "USKDMMA" <USKDMMA@discussions.micro...

Programatically Change Recordsource SQL of a form
I am wondering if it is possible to have the record source of a form be the SELECT query of a table that would be "defined" by the entry the user makes on a field in the form. Example - 3 tables all have the same fields, they are named: 55091 55104 55116 The user opens the form and enters the ZipCode they are working with in a field - 55901. I'd like to program the form so that the record source becomes SELECT * From 55901. It seems like that would be something simple ... I would also welcome any feed back as to whether this would be a wise set up. A lit...

Autonumber problem
Hi, I have a problem with autonumber field in my project: when I deleted some last records, it seems MS Access saved the last number of the autonumber. So when I added a new record, the number would be skipped from the previous record. I'd like the next record will be in order from the previous record in my outonumber field. Is anybody can tell me how to solve this problem?. Thanks... KT -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-queries/200707/1 If the value of the autonumber actually matters then you shouldn't be using atuonu...

send/reveice problem
I'm working with W2k and Office2K on a Dell machine I'm working in disconnected mode and when I synchronize the VPN is starting automatically and it send the email, but some time they don't leave the outbox. So I have to open the mail, close it and synchronize and then it goes away, I have to do that on each email waiting on the outbox. But sometime they leave the outbox without any problem. Any idea of what I could do ? Thank's in advance. Louis ...

Problem with .NET Security Settings
Hello, I have a problem with security-settings in a .NET Application. The application has a strong name and is full trusted ("Trust an assembly" - Full Trust), ..NET Security is set "Local Intranet - medium trust". The application ist installed on a network-drive. Working-Directory and Configuration-Files are also on different network-shares. The application uses intensively XSLT and XML. The following XSL-Transformation-process fails (without errors !): Base-Document XML X is stored on network-folder A. Transformation-Stylesheet XSL Z is stored on Networkfolder B ...

Problem with OL 2002 XP and Large (67Mb) Email
Hi all, I have a problem with Outlook 2002 XP. I have received an email that is 67Mb big (inline, not attachment) and I have preview pane switched on. Everytime I start Outlook, it crashes trying to preview the email. I have renamed the .pst so that it doesn't load and I can get into Outlook. Is there anyway to turn the preview pane off without having...

.pst file size discrepancy?
I have a discrepancy with the size of the outlook.pst file: Under "View Mailbox Size" under Tools->Mailbox Cleanup, it shows it as being: 5506KB And on my hard drive it shows it as being: 13730KB Does anyone know what's going on? Thanks, Chirag Have you tried compacting the file recently? It may have a lot of white space in it that may be compacted out. <patelc75@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:1133283174.707547.246870@g14g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have a discrepancy with the size of the outlook.pst file: > > Under "View Mailbox Size"...

Pasting block of text
The existing text in the Word document looks like this: The quick brown fox jumps over the lazy dog and feels as if he were in the seventh heaven of typography together with Hermann Zapf, the most famous artist of the... The block of text to be inserted is: So, fellow citizens, now is the time for all good men to come to the aid of their country to demand transparency, sovereignty and independence. How do I paste the block of text so the result looks like this? The quick brown fox jumps over So, fellow citizens, now is the the lazy dog and feels as if ...

easy way to delete all rows with no text in them?
I just took on a client who sends me a multipage spreadsheet weekly with movie times for his 10 theatres. My guess is he just deletes the information from the previous weeks row and adds a new row. His sheet really only needs about 16 columns and maybe 20 rows. The sheets he sends have upwards of 1500 rows and columns. Many of the rows are in between the actual text rows as well. I convert this to a webpage and post to his site. Problem is the sheets are so large they take forever to clean up (in GoLive) and much too long to do by hand. Is there an easy way to delete all rows with no text in...

Custom shortcutmenu for commandbutton to open form with arguments
How does one create a custom shortcutmenu to set to a CommandButton that will open up a form passing in arguments from the current form, all in Access 2007 and VBA? Attached is some code that I use for a custom shortcut menu that I use on most of my forms. I call the subroutine when my Splash screen loads, and then use the click event of a control on my form (usually a label in the upper left corner of the form) to display the shorcut menu, using: CommandBars("MyFormMenu").ShowPopup What you will need to do is change the references to fnCloseForm to a new function th...

Is there a word templete just text part for a business card
I want to set up the typeset for the wording of my business card. Word has many templates but do they have one for just that? I saw all the different templates. But I merely want to stage the layout of the wording is all. Does such a thing exist like the resume or letter set ups? As far as Word is concerned, business cards are simply labels. Choose the appropriate label blank from the labels dialog and create a new document. Edit the first label to taste then use the macro at the end of http://www.gmayor.com/graphics_on_labels.htm to duplicate the card to the other cells. ...

Questionnaire forms in outlook 2003
I'm trying to create a questionarie, but haven't progressed a lot. I want to have several text fields (at least) where my colleagues enter their opinion and a button which send geathered information back to me. I try to use e-mail forms. I've created one, disabled reply (and so on) buttons. I tried to create one extra action, but don't know what form name to provide. Survey forms work in Outlook only if you can publish them to the = Organizational Forms library on the Exchange Server. If you can't do = that, then you need to consider a different approach.=20 The same...

User chooses last name from combo box, queries for first name matc
This is going back to what I've asked before. Upon somebody's suggestion, I searched "cascading combo boxes" or something along those lines. I found a site with code on how to do what I wanted and entered the code correctly, but all I get is an error message. Here is the code: Private Sub Lname_AfterUpdate() On Error Resume Next Fname.RowSource = "Select tblRoster.Fname " & _ "FROM tblRoster " & _ "WHERE tblRoster.Lname = '" & Lname.Value & "' " & _ "ORDER BY...

Printing Problem
I have made/designed a business card with MS Publisher(10.2621.2625) and set my Epson 680 to print ten per page on custom bought card which is standard and scored into two columns of five with waste around the margins border. I did a trial print on normal A4 and overlaid it to make sure that the print area corresponded exactly to the card. It did perfectly. When I tried to use this pre-scored business card, I would load the card in the printer tray, trying both sides - whether one sheet, two etc. - I tried all permutations, then try to print this same job that had just printed perfectly on no...

programatically selecting columns to import text into
Hi, I am writing a macro to import multiple text files into a spreadsheet. The only part I haven't figured out is how to step sideways, i.e the first text file should use A1 as its origin, the second file C1, the third E1 and so on. Range(A1).Select Range(C1).Select Range(E1).Select /Scott Scott Use Offset(rownum, columnnum) to move the activecell. ActiveCell.Offset(0, 2).Select Rarely necessary to select anything. Example........Instead of Dim actSht As Worksheet Set actSht = ActiveSheet Worksheets("Sheet2").Activate Range("A1:J10").Select ...

Excel graph problems
Hello My excel skills aren't exaclty up to par, so I'm having some difficulties. I need to insert data into an excel worksheet. That data would then be inserted into an excel graph. But because I'll be inserting new data into the worksheet every day, I'll need to find a way to automatically update the graph with the new data inserted. This way I don't have to do it manually every time I add something. Could someone help me out? Thanks in advance, -Pieter Doutreligne Pieter, If you'll be adding data, like additional rows, and need the chart to accomodate them, y...