Printing Extra Pages to PDF

Im using the following code to print a FORM to PDF

Private Sub PrtPDF()
    Dim strAppendix As String
    Dim X      As Printer
    For Each X In Printers
        If (X.DeviceName = "Adobe PDF") Then

            ' Set printer as system default.
            Set Printer = X
            ' Stop looking for a printer.
            Exit For
        End If
    Next

    Me.Text71.SetFocus

    Me.Caption = Text71.Text

    DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection

I prints the PDF fine, but with 3 extra pages. I have checked the Height and
Width of the form, and all is fine - 8 x 11

What am I missing?

0
Dave

Did you allow for the margins?
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Dave Seeger" <seeger.dave@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Im using the following code to print a FORM to PDF
>
> Private Sub PrtPDF()
>    Dim strAppendix As String
>    Dim X      As Printer
>    For Each X In Printers
>        If (X.DeviceName = "Adobe PDF") Then
>
>            ' Set printer as system default.
>            Set Printer = X
>            ' Stop looking for a printer.
>            Exit For
>        End If
>    Next
>
>    Me.Text71.SetFocus
>
>    Me.Caption = Text71.Text
>
>    DoCmd.PrintOut acSelection
>
> I prints the PDF fine, but with 3 extra pages. I have checked the Height
> and Width of the form, and all is fine - 8 x 11
>
> What am I missing?

0
Arvin

Multipage Web page
Is there a way to save my publisher file into a multipage web page. We are using Office 2003 with Windows 2000. My department needs to send out company newsletters but not all the users receiving this file has publisher. We are looking for a cost saving way of doing this. I know that we can do this thru Adobe Acrobat Writer and creating a .PDF, but just wondering if possible to do it thru a multipage web page or is there a better way of doing this? May I ask why you'd prefer not to use .pdf? (I'm admittedly biased towards that format. No platform issues, no software compati...

Why is publisher printing
row and column headers with an Excel linked object? Delete those cells in Excel... -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Jim" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:18a701c4dd45$16607a80$a501280a@phx.gbl... > row and column headers with an Excel linked object? I want the cells, I don't want the A,B,C,... 1,2,3,.. border around them. >-----Original Message----- >Delete those cells in Excel... > >-- >Mary Sauer MS MVP >http://office.microsoft.com/ >http://ms...

print labels
Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? Thanks, Andre Not really, use mailmerge with Word http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/mailmerg.htm -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom http://nwexcelsolutions.com "Andre" <no@spam.com> wrote in message news:OWveirddGHA.3484@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Can Excel print to an Avery label? If so, how do I do this? > > Thanks, Andre > I have my names in Excel going across fname lname street etc. I then open Word and use mail wizard and follow it and give the excel file as its source Works great ...

How do I set up "Print to OneNote" as a printer option in Win7?
In XP I have a "printer" called "Print to OneNote". I use it for printing files from Explorer which can then be converted to PDF format. It shows as a printer in Control panel. How do I set this up in my new Windows 7 system? I believe that it was just automatically set up with OneNote under XP. I'm using Office 2007 in both XP and 7. Dexter wrote: > In XP I have a "printer" called "Print to OneNote". I use it for > printing files from Explorer which can then be converted to PDF > format. It shows as a printer in Contro...

Drawing Page Orientation Doesn't Match Printer Paper Orientation #2
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Power PC The thumbnail preview shows that the drawing page orientation doesn't match the printer paper orientation. I can not get the page orientation to match. When I change it to letter, I can see the document change to landscape. When I change the page orientation to landscape, it changes the document to portrait. The two will not be the same. This is in Word 2008, it also happened in an older version of Word. Help, what do I do? ...

Printing using MFC ??
Hi, I have some printing related Qs in MFC frame work. 1. How to print big text on multiple pages. My undersatnding is that for every page OnPrint is called, Is this correct ? So OnPrint will be called n number of times ??? 2. How can I put some gaps between text and start the printing on a new page. Reagrds, Harvinder Singh Harvinder Singh, Check out the following link (beware of wrapping): http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/vccore98/ht ml/_core_printing.3a_.multipage_documents.asp Johan Rosengren Abstrakt Mekanik AB "harvinder singh&qu...

Print resizing, duh
I feel like a dummy for asking, but, I've played with Page Setup, Page Break, Print Area, etc., etc. and can't figure out how to resize the printed image. I'm printing in Landscape and the length (left to right) is full-page(11"). What I want to do is increase the width (height - up and down) to fill in more of the page (8.5"). Is this possible? Thanks -- quiddity ------------------------------------------------------------------------ quiddity's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27202 View this thread: http://www.excelfor...

Printing non-adjacent columns #3
Hi I know I can hide columns I don't want to print and I know I can use Group and Outline but that means I have to do this each time to the columns I want to print and they could be different each time in the spreadsheet - is there a quicker way using a macro or something? Basically I have 45 columns and sometimes I want to print for example A:E,G,M-P,T and sometimes I want to print other combinations of columns. Thanks Ann Record a macro when you hide your columns, print the worksheet, and unhide the columns. Then you could use that as the basis of your code to print the colu...

How To Add Streaming Video to your web-page
Adding Streaming video to your web-page is as simple as a few clicks of the mouse with this amazing tool. http://www.ebvalues.com ...

Gantt chart page breaks
Greetings, I'm using visio pro 2003 to create a Gantt chart with about 70 tasks. Everything is fine on screen, but when I print, the page breaks right in the middle of some tasks. I believe that is because Visio beleives that everything is printing on a single page, when, in actuality, the diagram is 10 pages long. How can I get Visio to break only after a complete task? Thanks ...

Text Quality in Page Sending as an Email
Hi I'm wishing to send a page designed in Publisher as an email. I understand that some font are better for this than others - in that the quality appears better. I am using Georgia, as this was identified as a suitable one. 99% of my document looks good, however, I have a text box with a number of jpeg images (logos) inside it. Inside this text box I also have a further text box with the words "Partial Client List:". The quality of this text is inferior to the rest of the doc, even though the font is the same. Any suggestions to fix it? Thanks TRM <TRM@discussions....

How do I get excel 98 to save my set print area?
Everytime I go to use an existing spreadsheet that I have set up it doesn't print the 2nd page and I have to selelct it everytime. Have you saved the file after you reset the print area? In article <54D9DAA0-C3D7-4CE6-9567-790BAB481DA5@microsoft.com>, jlpdesign <jlpdesign@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Everytime I go to use an existing spreadsheet that I have set up it doesn't > print the 2nd page and I have to selelct it everytime. ...

Printed Curriculum
Can anyone direct me to someone who publishes Microsoft Excel 2002 printed classroom curriculum for the Instructor and the Student? ...

Printing List of Emails in Folder/Exporting Certain Emails
I have a folder with >500 email messages. I would like to print out a list of these emails with details (From/To/Subject/Received/Attachment) but not the message body. Can this be done? Also is it possible to efficiently export or copy the entirety of the messages in a single folder, message body and attachments included? Thanks in advance for your input Did you try File | Print, choosing the Table format? -- Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpst...

How do I get to print my spreadsheet (8 columns x 100 rows) on an.
Using Microsoft XP Excel, how do I size my spreadsheet (8 columns x 100 rows) so that it will fit on an A4 page in landscape layout? You want 100 rows landscape on a single sheet? "Bruce Michael" wrote: > Using Microsoft XP Excel, how do I size my spreadsheet (8 columns x 100 rows) > so that it will fit on an A4 page in landscape layout? Choose File>Page Setup On the Page tab, choose Landscape Under Scaling, select Fit To Set it at 1 page wide by 1 page tall. Click OK Bruce Michael wrote: > Using Microsoft XP Excel, how do I size my spreadsheet (8 columns x 100 ro...

Charts Line Types for Multiple Data Series not Printing Properly
Hi, I would appreciate any advice anyone has on this printing problem I am having with data series line types. I have a bunch of charts that each have 5 data series on them (lines) Some are solid line types and others are either dotted or dashed so you can differentiate when printed in black and white. The problem is when I print they are all coming out as solid lines. The dots and the dashes are not spaced enough apart so they come out as one solid line. I have double check that I do in fact have the proper line type selected. I am using Excel 2000 Thanks!!! ...

Printing a CListCtrl
I have placed a CListCtrl on a dialog box. Please tell me, how to print it's contents?? Remember, the control is placed on a dialog box. As a report view? Extract the contents, do TextOut to get them to a page. Tedious, but straightforward. There is also a WM_PRINT message you can send, but I'm not sure it is going to produce a satisfactory result, or any result at all. joe On Tue, 16 Sep 2003 02:00:26 -0700, "Nitin" <nitinmutreja@yahoo.com> wrote: >I have placed a CListCtrl on a dialog box. >Please tell me, how to print it's contents?? > >Remem...

Exchange Mobileadmin page
Trying to track users who have purchased a windows mobile device and connected it up is hard enough, so is there anyway using the exchange mobileadmin page or another, i can get a list of all users who have connected a phone to our systems? Sure thing, I was given this link last night. http://msexchangeteam.com/archive/2006/02/14/419562.aspx -- John Oliver, Jr MCSE, MCT, CCNA Exchange MVP 2006 Microsoft Certified Partner "ols" <ols@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2AF49FC4-1D08-41C6-BD41-CB5F3F9DF2C7@microsoft.com... > Trying to track users who have...

RTF printing #2
Hi, I need to print/preview an RTF formatted string (originating in a CRichEditCtrl). I don't have the control to do the printing for me. I've looked at the RTF specs and yes, I could write my own, but I don't have the time. Is there code out there with basically the following format...? // Prints the given rtf string to the printer (or print preview) within the // given rectangle. void PrintRTF ( HDC hDC, LPCTSTR szRTF, RECT& rectDraw ); Thanks, any help is appreciated. Gary Brown Tarazed, Inc. Gary Brown can: > print [...] RTF [...] with a Windowless Rich Ed...

Cannot open pdf attachments
Outlook 2000 When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the reader. All I get is junk. Is there a setting that needs to be changed? Yes, check your file associations in Windows (PDF files should be associated with the Acrobat executable). TT wrote: > Outlook 2000 > > When I try to open a pdf attachment it does not open the > reader. All I get is junk. > > Is there a setting that needs to be changed? ...

Problem while saving as PDF
Printing to PDF file fails and I receive the following error from the Distiller: -----------------QUOTE---------------------------------- PDF/X Compliance Report 1. Color [Violation] The non-calibrated colorspace RGB was found on the following pages: Page 1, Occurrences: 30 Colorimetrically-defined data shall be described either using a profile in an ICCBased color space or using an equivalent mechanism, namely a CalGray, CalRGB, or Lab color space. Violations: The total found in this section was 30. 2. Summary Warnings: The total found in this document was 0. ...

duplex printing second and third pages is upside down
I have created a 4 page booklet in Publisher 2007. I have gone through the printing setup wizard to set up my printer (a canon Pixma IP3000). My printer is set up to duplex, but when it prints my pages, it is printing 2 and 3 upside down. I have tired all of the help items that I could find. Does anyone have any idea what could be happening? Look at your printer settings, there maybe a check off for "flip pages up" or something similar. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "bergsmasm" <ber...

Show grid lines when printing?
I have a few exported reports from Access but I cant get the Grid lines to print. How do I go about this? I have colums but no gridlines. Please help! Tools>Options>Gridlines>OK -- HTH, Gary Brown gary.DeleteThis2SendMeAnEmail.Brown@kinneson.com If this post was helpful to you, please select ''YES'' at the bottom of the post. "TKM" wrote: > I have a few exported reports from Access but I cant get the Grid lines to > print. How do I go about this? I have colums but no gridlines. Please help! Gridlines don't print. I presume you're seei...

Printer present Publisher can't see it in Print or Preview
I am a School IT Technician, we have MS Publisher 2003 which works well on most of our XP Pro SP2 workstations. However, on one machine we can work on a document but when it comes to printing or print preview the following message comes up: "To print or preview a publication at least one printer must be installed on the system". It is, several are installed and in Page Setup the printers are visible. I have run detect and repair from the programme and repair from Add / Remove Programmes. No change. Any suggestions please? Does the error appear when any printer is selecte...

Printing landscape worksheets with footer on left
I know that I must not be the first person to have this problem, but I cannot find a solution. I have a workbook that has 20 worksheets. The orientation varies between portrait and landscape. I need the landscape worksheets to print with the footer on the "left" side, so that when I put the entire report (workbook) together for presentation, all of the footers are on the bottom, like a book. I have tried merging the first column (A) and making it the footer with the font facing left, but it is difficult to make them print evenly on each sheet. I have also tried to cop...