Populate Form from Combo Box

Hey guys - I have a relatively straight-forward question that hopefully has a
simply answer:

I have a form based on a table (Call it Table A). Table A has alot of fields
(About 60).

3 of those fields are primary key fields: ProductCombo, ChannelCombo, and
IndustryCombo.

I'm looking to design the form so that there are three combo boxes for the
three primary keys that I have, and after I choose a value out of the 3rd
combo box, the rest of the fields will populate in the remaining 57
textboxes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I've seen examples
on having a form find the record of one combo box, but not 3...

Thanks a bunch,

Nick

Use a query that is refreshed after update of third combo.

--
KARL DEWEY
Build a little - Test a little

"Nick" wrote:

> Hey guys - I have a relatively straight-forward question that hopefully has a
> simply answer:
>
> I have a form based on a table (Call it Table A). Table A has alot of fields
> (About 60).
>
> 3 of those fields are primary key fields: ProductCombo, ChannelCombo, and
> IndustryCombo.
>
> I'm looking to design the form so that there are three combo boxes for the
> three primary keys that I have, and after I choose a value out of the 3rd
> combo box, the rest of the fields will populate in the remaining 57
> textboxes. Anyone have any suggestions on how to do this? I've seen examples
> on having a form find the record of one combo box, but not 3...
>
> Thanks a bunch,
>
> Nick
or after update of any of the three if they are all independent of
each other. If I have selected all three but then change my mind on
the second one I have to have a requery when that one changes also
(and the first one also).

If you do not do this then the only way you will get a new record is
if the third one is changed so you would have to reselect it if you
change your mind on the second one.

Ron
0
Ron2006

Autofill In Linked Forms
I have created a couple of forms by selecting all the fileds in the form wizard from two tables: 1. Suppliers (Fields: Supplier, Address, Contact, etc.) 2. Products (Fields: Supplier <Lookedup from Supplier Table>, Product, Rate, etc.) Upon clicking the toggle button on Suppliers form I have the Products form opened. However, as I enter the data in it, I want the Supplier filed in the same be automatically be filled with the Supplier name as in the opened Supplier form so as to be filtered and displayed the next time I open the same instead of manually inserting the sa...

I have a red pencil box
It's red and holds pencils. ...

Can see form in design view but not in open or layout view
I have set up the tables, relationships and forms. When I first created the form I was able to view when clicking open. I made a couple of changes and now when I click on open a box pops up to enter perimeter value. Also, I can no longer see the form in opne or layout but if I click for design view, I can see my form and all the tabs. There is either something missing or somthing is named incorrectly. Had a similar problem recently where a new version was installed in the front end, but the table in the back end had not been updated properly (a new field) and the new version of the...

Name Range with using Data Form
I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add one row data in the worksheet?? The same, the Data range should be A1:D3 when adding one more data row... million thanks Hi use the following formula in the name definition dialog =OFFSET($A$1:$D$1,0,0,COUNTA($A:$A)) >-----Original Message----- >I first created a variable with A1:D1, four columns with named variable >Data. How to expand this Data range to A1:D2 after using the DataForm to add >one row data in the worksheet?? The...

How to have combo list sorted
I have set the following data name: =OFFSET(Par!$D$2,0,0,COUNTA(Par!$D$2:$D$201)-COUNTBLANK(Par!$D$2:$D$201),1) How to get all data in the right onummeric order? It seems to be with offset($D$2,0,0,counta($D:$201),1).... likely looks like the upperformula I use. But the combo is not sorted when I use it. Bart You would have to sort the source data: Whatever's in this range Par!$D$2:$D$201 needs to be sorted. Biff "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1166147791.194106.272500@f1g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I have set the following data name...

Inbox and unread box
What's the purpose of having an inbox and an unread box in my outlook 2003. They both read the same number of messages. Is it a duplicate? With Outlook xp, it would simply show a number in black, to let me know the number of unopened messages. Now, there seems to be a separate folder entitled "unread" and it has the exact same number of email messages as my inbox ... all of time, and has always displayed the exact same number since I installed it. Is anyone able to explain this? I dont' understand it. Thanks in advance. Diana Definitely not a duplicate; it's a S...

Subtracting value from main form
I have a borrow module which will alow user to return item separately. So, I have get the structure of returning it separately. In my main form is the borrowing item, with the loaned quantity and the owed quantity (will be calculated). In the subform, there is the returning transaction. User will need to key in the quantity returned and it will be automatically deducted from the quantity owed. But how am I supposed to get the quantity deducted while it 1 is in main form and the other is in subform? -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-fo...

Outlook/Access 2003
I've been doing a lot of research and purchased (but haven't completely read) Sue Mosher's book. However, before I spend much more time I'd like to find out if my idea is even feasible. The basic idea is to create an appointment system for multiple therapists that can be used by a receptionist and other staff. Using Outlook and Exchange is very nice but the appointment data needs to end up in an Access table immediately. We can purchase SBS 2003 with Exchange 2003 or we can buy a third party tool for calendar sharing whichever would be the easiest to use. I currently...

Keeping forms in order they are entered?
I am working with a database that was designed for us and have pretty much just used without having to change much in but have now run into a problem and hope someone can help. We track and number complaints we recieve by number using last digits of year recieved then next number, i.e. a complaint recived 12/31/09 might be 9234 and first one received this year would be 10001 and the next would be 10002. The problem is now when I open my forms and go to the last one it is the 9234 instead of the 10002 which I need. How do I keep that last form I entered last the next time I open the data...

increment through controls on form
I have a form that I've name the controls on it in such a way that I could determine through open args if it should be locked or not. Example any text box that begins with txtd would be unlocked with open args of 1. I was hoping there was a way I could just move through the controls in a loop and set that property with one function.....I'm not for sure how to accomplish this though. Does anyone have some sample code on how to "loop" through all the controls on a form and set the locked property? I can write the criteria portion if I could get a sample of how to ...

Text box jumps to left of page
Word 2004 (I am relatively new to Word and am delighted to find a forum specifically for the Mac version. There are a number of unresolved, niggling issues I can live however they slow the workflow. I am eager to learn.) In the recent past, I manually converted 12,000+ recipes from WordPerfect 7 to Word. Since Word 2004 does not have a filter for the old files, the conversion was done on the Windows side of my Mac in Word2003. Those files _usually_ open without protest also in 2004. One annoyance regards text boxes. When text was highlighted and a text box was requested for it in...

Attach Trigger to Save Function of Form
I am in the processes of trying to attach a trigger to the Save function of an already existing GP form using Dex. In one of the documents, it states that the CM_Checkbook_Maitenance has a SaveRecord function. I am trying to acces the function that is similar to this on the PM_Vendor_Maitenance form. I tried using SaveRecord and when I tried to compile it it says that it is an unknown reference. Is there some documentation with a list of the functions for each form? Mike, PM_Vendor_Maintenance is an older form and probably doesn't have a SaveRecord function. Try running t...

look way to map form at CRM frontend to tables at CRM database
How can I find out what tables which new record has been added on when I enter data through a form in CRM front end? I try to find way to map form in the CRM frontend to the tables at the CRM database at backend? It is CRM 3.0 Thank in advances for help! ...

List box
I am trying to use the list box function from the control toolbar. I am not sure how to get the listings I want in the list box. Is there certain VB coding that is needed? Any help will be appreciated. Thanks. Todd No VBA code needed. In Design mode, click on your list box and select Properties from the Control toolbox (or right-click your list box and select Properties), then scroll down to the ListFillRange Property and indicate the cell range address that has the items you want to appear in the box (i.e., A1:A10). Then exit out of design mode and test your list box. MRO "Tod...

upload form problem / server question
www.icingpictures.co.uk / win xp / frontpage 2003 Want to create a form with upload file form field - i read on this forum that the server type i use is important - it should be a windows type server with frontpage extensions - i currently use a linux server with front page extensions - do i need to change to a windows server? Thanks for taking a looka t my question. Joyce Yes, you must have a Windows Server, just like you stated you read. -- Tom [Pepper] Willett Microsoft MVP - FrontPage Since 1997 --------------------------- "threademporium" <threademporiu...

Table headers in a list box (Custom Report)
I have a big table with many fields (more than fifty). They are not in one table but related. Now user's come with a requirement of a separate type of report everyday which has different fields. because of which i have to design a report for them with the required query. I was therefore wondering can i make a form which has two list boxes the one on left side will have all the fields of the table (only headers needed, not data). Users can select multiple no. of fields from that list box which will appear in another list box. Users should be able to then select the order of fi...

Dead Exchange box
I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever. Could someone please tell me the best way to get the data back On Wed, 26 Jul 2006 21:49:02 -0700, AndrewS <AndrewS@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have a SBS 2003 Box that has failed and the owner has no back ups! (Fool) >All I have to work with is the new box (Sane Name as the old box) and have >managed to retrive the exchange folders from the old srever....

How do I use the "Correlation" dialog box with multiple ranges?
I'm using data in an Excel 2003 in a workbook, trying to see if there is any correlation between specific offices in which people work and the length of time they have been employed, their age the amount of sickleave taken and/or the amount of sickleave balance they have. I'm attempting to use Data Analysis and the Correlation dialog box. Although the dialog description tells me that I can use multiple comparison ranges, I don't see how to do it. Thanks for any help. Paulf6 - Arrange your data in list (database) format, i.e., names in the top row (Time Employed, Age, ...)...

Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form?
Is batch ID is required in payables transaction entry form? How about if I just have 1 invoice and do not want to create a batch for it? can I still process the invoice? Hi Bab, A batch i.d. number is not required. You have to post your invoice both in the Payables module and also in the Financial module. I check weekly for any "series batches" that have not been posted in my A/P, A/R, P/R, and Financial modules. If they go unposted it can create havoc. I hope this has been helpful to you. -- Diana "Bab" wrote: > Is batch ID is required in payables transa...

Fixing coloumn title in datasheet forms
I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when viewing but when I close the form and open it again it has shrunk back to its smaller size. Thanks Tony Are you referring to the column width? If so check out columnwidth properties in help. Damon "Tony Williams" <tw@invalid.com> wrote in message news:%23RCxCN$4HHA.5844@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... >I have a form which has a subform. Is there anyway to fix the length of the >column heading in the datasheet view? I can expand it when...

Dynamic Access Report from filtered Form
I need help. I have succuess fully applied the "how to create a dynamic crosstab report in access" from instructions off of microsofts web site to my own report and query. My problem is this. I have a form in datasheet view, based off a query. When the form is open I can hide / unhid columns as needed and apply filter by form. That all is great. But now I want to beable to send the filtered data on the datasheet form to the Dynamic Report I created showing only the filtered records and also only show the columns that I did not have hidden on my form. How do I do this? I have t...

Print individual forms
I have created a form with several subforms in it. The form contains the same information for a number of different individuals. I would like to print the form for each individual separately. When i try to print it, if prints out the information for all the individuals. How do i do this. I have attached a screen shot of the first page of the form. The problem is that forms are used for user interface, and have things like buttons, radio controls etc. that often hinders the ability to print a form. furthermore you'll often find that the form has background sheeting, and I can waste...

Text box unwanted border
For some reason I know not why, that even though I enter 'No line' in both Line/Border style and Dash style I still have a visible bold dash surrounding the text box. Any help would be appreciated. Did you happen to draw a rectangle around the text box? Try highlighting it, and move the bottom text box adjustment up. If the dashed line didn't move, click on it and delete. Or, Copy the text, and paste it and if the dashed line didn't go with the copy, delete the original. -- Don Vancouver, USA "Meridklt" <Meridklt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in m...

Form Sizing 08-06-07
-- Thanks David G Albury, Australia DoCmd.Maximize ...