Pop Up Combo Box

I have 3 options in a combo: TS, CT, and MISC
Each one of these options has their own pertinent account codes.
What I want is the ability to choose one of the options (TS, CT or MISC),
and based on that choice, have another combo box pop up with a list of
corresponding account codes.
If you can help with step-by-step moron-proof instructions, I would be much
obliged.

This is called "cascading combo boxes". A google search should return plenty
of links that will show you how to do it.

HTH
--
_________

Sean Bailey

"natalie" wrote:

> I have 3 options in a combo: TS, CT, and MISC
> Each one of these options has their own pertinent account codes.
> What I want is the ability to choose one of the options (TS, CT or MISC),
> and based on that choice, have another combo box pop up with a list of
> corresponding account codes.
> If you can help with step-by-step moron-proof instructions, I would be much
> obliged.

VBA to show the browse dialog box
Hi, I have to create a macro to save e-mails in .msg format on a file server. The user has to be able to change the directory as required. How can I show the Browse Dialog Box, so the user can choose the directory in which to save the e-mail? I've made many searches but can't find anythnig. Thanks Pascal ...

General Mail Box Administration
Good Evening Everyone, I am in a little bind and hopefully someone can help me out. I am a Domain Admin for a bank. Our security dept handles the addition and deletion of user accounts. Evertime they want to add someone to a GMB they get an access denied. These are the steps on how we go about doing this task. 1. Do a search in ADUC for the GMB. i.e. GMB-Email, Go to the properties of that user. 2. Click the "Exchange Advanced" tab. 3. Click mailbox rights. Then they add the user they want to give access to the mailbox. This step is where it fails. It just stopped w...

strSQL =selecting information from combo box
User will select preset information from a combo box which will provide the correct data using a record source query. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscoding/200703/1 On Tue, 13 Mar 2007 17:57:40 GMT, cyndithomas via AccessMonster.com wrote: > User will select preset information from a combo box which will provide the > correct data using a record source query. Is there a question here? -- Fred Please respond only to this newsgroup. I do not reply to personal e-mail Unless the original poster is unaware that the Co...

Using Symbols (&/-) in In Two Dependent Drop Down Boxes. Can't get the VLOOKUP to work!!!
Hey all, I have a category list of products and then a list of brand names for each product. So, I set up a series of drop down boxes (using Data Validation) for the categories and then a second series dependent which category you pick in the first, for the brand names. HERE IS MY PROBLEM: When I set up the category list I had to create them as One-Word-Names. I tried to set up a lookup table with the real category names (multiple words and symbols), but I can't seem to get the first drop down box to reference the lookup without then screwing up the Data Validation of the second (depende...

Reminder window doesn't pop up
When a reminder reaches the time to remind me, I hear a sound, and the reminders windows flashes on the task bar, but it does not pop up a window in front of me, whether or not I am using the mouse or keyboard at the time. Is there a setting for this? How do I make it pop up as it used to on my older system as I am missing out on these reminders which occur when my back is turned, or I have stepped awa from my desk? WinXPPro and Outlook 2003. Thanks, Mich What add-ins do you have running in Outlook? IIRC, one of them, Plaxo I think, causes reminder windows to pop up behind the ac...

How do I adjust the font size in a Combo Box?
I have a Combo Box and the font size is extremely small. I cannot adjust the font size through the Format Control (right click) and the font does not increase in relation to the Combo Box (i.e. if I enlarge the box, the font size stays small). I assume you're using the combo box available from the control toolbox, not the forms toolbar. Make sure the control toolbox is visible, select the combo box and click on the properties icon (it's the one with a picture of a hand pinting at a list). The properties window will come up. On the left hand column of it, find the word Font. Click...

POP locking up
I confess, I'm using the services already included with Windows Server 2003 and not Exchange Server proper, but no one over at the server board ever seems able to answer email questions. At the same time every day, I receive a netsky infected email into one of the pop mailboxes. Norton catches it and locks the email. When I erase it, the mailbox locks up and will not unlock. I try, every day. And every day I wind up deleting the mail box and recreating it. Any suggestions on how to get the mailbox to unlock? And how can I find out where that email comes from every day? Thanks ...

email sends but does not transfer from ouxtbox to sent itmes box
I am on XP Professional using Outlook Express 6. This problem started three weeks ago after five years of using the same system. When I send or reply to a message, I get a generic error message that my message could not be sent - no error code. In reality they are sending but stay in the Outbox and do not transfer to the Sent Items box. If the message stays in the Outbox it actually resends until I go into the Outbox and delete it and that leaves me with no record of my emails being sent. Data Dr's could not find the problem, Go Daddy - my email provider - could not find a ...

Comment box
When creating a comment the new box automatically includes the user's name. Since I am the only user, and comments are therefore are only for my use, can it be configured to open without a name? You can use a macro to insert a comment without a name. There is some sample code here: http://www.contextures.com/xlcomments03.html Brickcounter wrote: > When creating a comment the new box automatically includes the user's name. > Since I am the only user, and comments are therefore are only for my use, > can it be configured to open without a name? -- Debra Dalgleish Exce...

Linking text boxes with different text orientation
I'm trying to link several text boxes in Word 2003 and want the text orientation to be different in some of the boxes, but it only seems to work if they all have the same orientation. Is there a way around this that I am missing? Linked text boxes must have the same text direction. As far as I know there is no way around that. -- Stefan Blom Microsoft Word MVP "Kit M" <KitM@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEDBAA85-4AD1-4E36-AC90-DFC5973B4936@microsoft.com... > I'm trying to link several text boxes in Word 2003 and want the ...

How Do I display a Yes/No Field correctly in a List Box?
I have an Access 2003 project with a List Box on my form that has a Yes/No field that I set the properties to display as Yes/No, but all that displays on the List Box is "-1" for True/Yes and "0" for False/No. How can I correctly display Yes/No? -- Thanks, Tek "TekWarrior" <TekWarrior@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:04988AE2-09A5-4240-A486-C353704FB3C4@microsoft.com... >I have an Access 2003 project with a List Box on my form that has a Yes/No > field that I set the properties to display as Yes/No, but all that >...

Print From List Box
I created a list box called lstReports. I am trying to have the list box display all reports in the database. There are two command buttons, chkPreview and cmdPrintReport. All reports are pulled from the same table called Data Table or querries that pull the info from that table. There are also two Option Buttons (optAll and optSection) with at combo box to filter the reports by a column called Section. How can I get this setup to work correctly? I am totally lost. To build a listbox with a listing of all your reports simply use the code found at http://allenbrowne.com/ser-52.html Then yo...

List Box Point-to-Select (MouseMove)
I have a list box that shows files from my hard drive. I'd really like to have it select the item being pointed to as I move my mouse pointer over it. I have coded this and it works fine unless the list is scrolled. I need a way to offset my list index to account for how far down the list has been scrolled. I can't find a list box property that will allow me to determine where a scrolled list is positioned. Something giving me the list index of the first visible row would do the trick. I haven't been able to find anything so far. I've tried some VB code that uses the Send...

Combo
Hi, I am able to create a list of items with a drop down menu. I can select specific item but how do I select all item to get a query output. Your help would be much appreciated. Thanks You can't select multiple items from an Access combo box. To do that would require a listbox with it's MULTI-SELECT property set to SIMPLE or EXTENDED. See more info about list boxes here: http://www.fontstuff.com/access/acctut11.htm -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com __________________________________ If my post ...

How do I change the Defaults for the Excell comment box.
I want to change the default font setting on the comment box so that when the worksheet is reduced in size the comments are still legible. - Right click on the comment box and click "Edit" - Right click on the editable comment box and click "Format Comment" This should take you into the font dialog for the comment box and allow you to edit all attributes of the font. -- Stefan Dimmick "JEN" wrote: > I want to change the default font setting on the comment box so that when the > worksheet is reduced in size the comments are still legible. To change...

pop emails
Gurus. I have an exchange server 2000 and a remote client using outlook 2000, he connects to the internet using a public phone number from an ISP, then his outllook looks for our mail.domain.com and our exchange starts to download emails to his computer when the client hits send/receive I think this is how it works. My question is where does my exchange store this email that will be downloaded later to the clients computer?can I control what is to be downloaded? Thanks ...

Is msdtc required to be installed on the boxes in this scenario?
Hi, If a C# app. uses System.Transactions to store data in sqlserver and msmq, and it is deployed to machine A; sqlserver is in machine B; msmq is in machine C. is msdtc required to be installed in machine A, B, and C ? If msdtc is required in boxes other than the sqlserver box, is there a spearate download to install the msdtc? As my understanding is that msdtc comes with full sql server installation, it is not a feature of Windows. Thanks, Ben Ben. No. It will be installed on the machine that requires it by the system that needs it. So for example, MS SQL Server ...

SPA vs POP over SSL (SSL for Exchange)
Exchange 5.5 sp4, W2K serve I have a few roaming clients using Outlook with POP to our internal Exchange server. My question is what are the advantages between using SPA Secure Password Authentication vs. POP over SSL I am thinking SPA uses a challenge and response for the password but does not encrypt anything. POP over SSL encrypts everything including password and mail data. So SPA only protects your password from spying eyes. Right? In order to force my users to use SPA, what can I set on my Exchange 5.5 server What do I have to open on my firewall for SPA Also, a while back, I tried ...

Changing the Selection Fields in a Combo Box
Hi, I've created a Combo Box using the Controls Wizard. In creating the control, I specified that my unique value to be stored in the table is an ID. When the user views the selection options in the Combo Box, I'd like to have the ID field hidden and only see the text values, while still storing the ID in the appropriate column. This is probably a second question. Also, when the user views a form that has been populated, I'd like them to see the actual textual values on the form, as just the stored ID value. Is that possible to do with the one Combo Box or is that...

Delegate email box
Is there anyway to have a pop up notification pop up on a users pc screen when a new email comes into the delegated email account like it does in a primary email account? No. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Bill asked: | Is there anyway to have a pop up notification pop up on a | users pc screen when a new email comes into the delegated | email account like it does in a primar...

I need help with macros and check boxes.
I can record a macro to hide or unhide columns or cells but I need to reverse the process when the button toggles to the other position. I need the cells to be hidden until the box is "checked" but hide if it gets unchecked. Marc Hi Marc, Try this: Placed a check box on excel and paste this code below: Private Sub CheckBox1_Click() Range("A1").Select 'Active Cell Select If CheckBox1.Value = True Then Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = True Else: CheckBox1.Value = False Selection.EntireRow.Hidden = False End If End Sub Hope this helps. "Marc" wrot...

MFC DLL Dialog Box
Hello All, I am trying to link a MFC DLL to a MFC executable. The MFC DLL has a dialog template in it and has one entry point function in it. Dialog box template has the corresponding class as CLoadDlg. >From the executable I call the entry point function. Everything is working fine till this point. Now in entry point function I am creating a dialog box object and trying to display the dialog box (by calling DoModal). But this is not working and I see an assertion failure. Can someone give me some hints on how to get this dialog box up from the DLL. In DLL: ======= extern "C" ...

exchange OWA mzil boxes access rigths
Guys, hello to everyone, who will try you help or just to read this post. Here is my problem. I have started a new job, this company migrated exchange 2000 to 2003. OWA was not working I have modified some to the setting within the IIS; it works now, but......... When I open my mail box at the first time, it asks for password, after I put the password and I am seeing my mail box, I can simply change just the user name part, On the browser and get to entire company e-mail boxes without supplying a password. Looks real cool to be hones I can read everyone's e-mail. What is the way to have OW...

When opening Excel file box does not open at biginning of list
When I do hit file open the box opens in the middle of the list. I would like to open at the beginning of the list. After opening the list, press the 'home' key, which should take you t the top of the list Regards Mik -- Mikeopol ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Mikeopolo's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1857 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39497 ...