Percentage format lost

I have a form with an unbound text box whose row source type is this select
query:

SELECT CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType, CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub],
CheckFinalPercentages.SumOfPERCOUT AS Pct FROM CheckFinalPercentages ORDER BY
CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType DESC , CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub];

The query runs fine and returns the SumOfPERCOUT in percent format when I
run the query...it used to return it in percent format also on the form, but
I must have done something that made me lose it. Now, each time I open the
form, the third column is returned in number format (1 instead of 100%). Does
anybody know what I did to screw that up? I'm not sure if it's something in
the text box's properties list that I inadvertently changed.

Go to the unbound text box and right click.  Under the format tab there
should be a field for format.  Change that to percent.  This could be what
was changed.

"Ray S." wrote:

> I have a form with an unbound text box whose row source type is this select
> query:
>
> SELECT CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType, CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub],
> CheckFinalPercentages.SumOfPERCOUT AS Pct FROM CheckFinalPercentages ORDER BY
> CheckFinalPercentages.AllocType DESC , CheckFinalPercentages.[Master-Sub];
>
> The query runs fine and returns the SumOfPERCOUT in percent format when I
> run the query...it used to return it in percent format also on the form, but
> I must have done something that made me lose it. Now, each time I open the
> form, the third column is returned in number format (1 instead of 100%). Does
> anybody know what I did to screw that up? I'm not sure if it's something in
> the text box's properties list that I inadvertently changed.

Date Format #17
I would like to convert a date that I've input from another program. When I input it I get 'Aug-28-2008. I want it to just be a regular date - so it would be *8/28/2008 if I were to select it in Format Cells. It says that I have General as the Category selected. When I switch it to Custom - nothing seems to happen. Any suggestions? First create a small table in the worksheet: Jan 1 Feb 2 Mar 3 Apr 4 May 5 Jun 6 Jul 7 Aug 8 Sep 9 Oct 10 Nov 11 Dec 12 and assign the name: nmths to the table. Then, with your data in A1, try: =DATE(RIGHT(A1,4),VLOOKUP(LEFT(A1,3),mnths,2,FALSE...

problem saving profile.. are emails lost?
my company just bought a new sbc2003 server and im using the pop connection mgr to get and distribute the mail from our hosted site (we havent brought it in-house yet) to the server then out to boxes. the problem is (in the process of migrating profiles over), one of the profiles was not saving as it should have, and as a result "any changes made" as we all know were not saved... that message did not come up for me in my first remote login so i was unaware that it was happening... anywho while using that temp profile i download mail, and now i cant seem to find it anymore.. is...

Year formatting in Excel '03
I have an interesting situation where a client is interested in only entering the year in the field but the a date format. The unfortunate year result is 1905. Even with a custom value such as yyyy Excel still returns the 1905 "year". Now after some reading on the google, I have found that the reason why this happens but not how to make it work. ref. http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.programming/browse_thread/thread/fe25baef9f57e8c7/39c5922c86bc01bf Any ideas? Thanks, g- Format the cell as General, not yyyy -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail ...

Format pasting using keyboard shortcuts
Hi, I am working on a Spreadsheet project where I have to use the keyboard to Copy & Paste a Format from one cell to another. Does anyone know how this can be done. In Word to Copy & Paste a Format it is CTRL Shift C, CTRL Shift V which does not appear to be the case in Excel. Regards, Lynda Hi Griff not as easy as Word but Control & C to copy Alt & E then S then T and enter to paste format (personally, i would use the format painter icon on the standard toolbar) -- Cheers JulieD check out www.hcts.net.au/tipsandtricks.htm ....well i'm working on it anyway &quo...

User reports lost messages from Inbox in exchange 2000
Good day. I have a disconcerting issue. A user logged onto his email at a remote location yesterday where he had 400 messages in his inbox. Today he reports that he has only 16 messages in his inbox. He said he did not archive on the remote machine. Is there any system log that I can access to check this type of mailbox activity? -- Network Administrator Neal & Massy Automotive Limited Trinidad Nigel I think you have two options. The first is a Mailbox manager process ran and the inbox items were processed. Check your Exchange server to see if this true. Two, a client side proces...

Date Formatting problem #2
I have a excel (professional xp). I have a problem formatting a text field into a date field. When I format the field nothing happens, until I double click on the field and then it formats. The problem is that I have over 8000 lines and I can't do this for every field. Does anyone have any ideas? Thanks, Rick Rick Enter 1 in a blank cell and copy it. Highlight the 'dates' and Edit>Paste special...>Values+Multiply. With them still highlighted, reformat them as Date (Format>Cells...Number.Date). Don't worry that they all look like numbers before formatting....

Disable Formatting marks when using MS Word 2003 in Outlook
I'm using Outlook 2003 with Word 2003 as my editor. While cutting and pasting a web page into a new msg Outlook started displaying the Formating marks like the Paragraph symbol, spacing, etc. This occurs for both new messages and replies. I want to turn displaying these marks off while using Word 2003 as my editor but have been unable to do so. They remain unless I remove Word as my Outlook editor. Thanks in advance for any help Harold Load up Word, click on Tools, then Options. In the View tab, there is a section called Formatting marks. You probalby have the "All" ...

Listing Fixed Allocation percentages
We have an issue were we are trying to print out all of the account percentages that are listed in the Fixed Allocation Maintainence window. Is there an easy way to print out all of these in GP without having to query the database on my own?? Try Reports | Financial | Account | Fixed Allocation. I just tested it in GP 8.0, not sure about other versions. Victoria "alyon1" <alyon1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6CAF44D5-034F-446A-9313-087427BDFE7D@microsoft.com... We have an issue were we are trying to print out all of the account percentages that ...

Formatting responses
When I send out a note or forward onr, it goes in HTML format, showing all my grapics, but when I respond to a note, it converts back to basic text. Is there anything I can do to allow responses to automatically go out in HTML (Or is this a function of how the sender has formatted his message to me?) Thanks, Jim Berglund I By default, replies (and forwards too) are formatted the same as the original message -- you'd have to change it manually. -- Jocelyn Fiorello MVP - Outlook *** Messages sent to my e-mail address will NOT be answered -- please reply only to the newsgroup t...

How do I format parenthesis around negative numbers.
Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to in Office 2003 ? Hi this setting depends on your language settings. If Excel does not offer this as default format you can just enter this format as custom format -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany TomFoolery wrote: > Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to in Office 2003 ? There's a windows setting you can change: The way I'd get to in Win98 is: Windows Start button|settings|control panel|Regional Settings Currency Tab|Negative Number Format TomFoolery wrote: > > Seems to me Office XP could do this...How to ...

CSV format?
I have been forewarned that I will be working on creating an Excel spreadsheet in a CSV format. Can someone explain to me what that it? I am having a problem finding it in Excel's Help. Thanks a bunch! Teri. Hi CSV stands for Comma Separated Values. This means that when the file is saved, all formatting and formulas will be lost - it will just be plain text. The file can be opened with a text editor, Excel, Access and numerous other applications. Hope this helps. Andy. "Teri" <Teri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A2729370-33E3-4F52-BEF2-F9358B...

how do i disable warning when saving file in csv format?
I would like to not have a message pop up every time i save my file in csv format, warning me about the fact that csv doesn't support certain things. how can i turn off that feature forever? ...

Discount schedule as a percentage possible?
I want to have a group of items of different retail prices that are a fixed percentage off if you buy 2 or more. The only way I've been able to do it is when they all have the same retail price, then assigning a sale price that is equal to the percentage off. This isn't available right now. I think they are adding it in a future version. "JimK" <JimK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:20347245-CE71-4125-A8ED-1EB8FE0DDD43@microsoft.com... >I want to have a group of items of different retail prices that are a fixed > percentage off if you buy...

Excel to PDG Format Error
Hi, I am used to using Excel 2007 to convert my workbooks into PDF's. However, recently, all of a sudden, everytime I PDF a workbook my Formating and graphs are all wrong. I have noticed that this only happens when I do multiple sheets, but the problem with doing individual ones is that I can't combine them with reader. Try Dr. Dan's All-Purpose Excel-PDF Cure: Select all worksheets by <ctrl> or <shift> clicking from the menu bar: File > Page Setup click into the Page Quality box, and select 600dpi, if it already says 600dpi, select it again. ...

Retrieving Lost Data
Excel 2000 WinXP Pro I am currently working on a spreadsheet with different worksheet within it. Today I entered information into one of the worksheets and did no notice that they were all selected - hence it has typed over all m previous worksheets. Unfortunately most of the work was done in th last 2 days and typically, the last system restore date is 3 days ago just my luck!!! Does excel make any automated backups and if so how can I access them or is there any other way to undo the damage done??? Suggestions appreciated - gonna take me ages to redo the work!!! Thanks L Green -- Mess...

Formatting from VBE
Hello all ! I need to format a cell from VBE... it must formattes as number with 2 decimals.. then i will insert in my work.. help me please !! byee You can set a cell's number format in VBA: Code: -------------------- Range("A1").Numberformat = "0.00" -------------------- for example. pls123;696870 Wrote: > Hello all ! > I need to format a cell from VBE... > it must formattes as number with 2 decimals.. > > then i will insert in my work.. > help me please !! > byee -- aflatoon Regard...

cell formatting #4
I am trying to format a column so that it keeps track of computer hardware mac addresses. -Each cell must be limited to 17 characters only. -Cells must have 5 visible permanent colons so that users may only enter the remaining 12 letters/numbers. -cells must be restricted to entry of letters and numbers (no special characters). -users must be presented with an error message if they try to leave the cell without entering 12 letters/numbers. -column must not accept duplicate mac addresses. Can anyone give me some direction on how to do this? -----------------------------------------------...

Counting Cells Based on Format
Hello, Does anyone know if there is a formula that would allow me to count th number of times a specific cell format (Text Color) occurs in column. Thanks, mtalbritto -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you'll need VBA for this. Below a repost from today ------ using a procedure from Bob Phillips and Harlan Grove you may try the following: =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100)=3)) to count all red cells (background color) within the range A1:A100 or =SUMPRODUCT(--(ColorIndex(A1:A100,TRUE)=3)) to count all red cells (font color) within the range A1:A100 To get the c...

Formatting Cells #10
Hi I have a worksheet full of numbers 7 columns and 500 rows. Column number 4 has data (12344, 128763, A8923, 1284D, etc...) and I want to convert it into ('12344', '128763', 'A8923', '1284D', etc...) Basically, I just want to add single quotes around the text field in each cell NE help will be appreciated Thanks Aneesh. Hi one way: use the following macro sub foo() dim rng as range dim cell as range set rng = activesheet.range("D1:D100") for each cell in rng if cell.value<>"" then cell.value="'" & cell.val...

Re-formatting of dates from Excel to CSV
When I save an Excel worksheet as a CSV file the dates are re-formatted from 04/11/2004 to 4/11/2004 (British style Date ddmmyyyy). This doesnt happen immediately on saving but when the CSV file is closed and then reopened. Any suggestions how I can prevent it dropping the leading zero? Many thanks GLS -- GLS In a word, No!! All I can suggest is you reformat the cells when the file is opened. I tried preceeding the date with a ' and Excel got shot of the ' AND the leading 0. The only other suggestion I have is to save as a TXT file and use the text import wizard to format the ...

Conditional formatting wont work?
I have a Text box on my form [Age] but when I ask it to Conditional Format it wont recognize "2yo" this is the query field to the text box Age: funCalcAge(Format('01-Aug-' & [DateOfBirth],'dd/mmm/yyyy'),Format(Now(),'dd/mmm/yyyy'),1) Any Help Thanks..........Bob ...

Converting numbers to date format from csv files
I have data submitted as csv files which i have saved as excel spreadsheets. Problem is the dates in the csv file are 20020105 etc, I need to convert these to date format in order for me to calculate between sets of dates. All I get is ###### (it's not a case of the column being too short). Tearing my hair out Hi Select the column and use Data / Text to Columns. One of the dialog box steps allows you to tell Excel that the value is a date - and how it is laid out. I think it's the third box in and it says something like Column Data Format in the top right corner. -- Andy. &q...

Format problem on exporting a query to txt
Access 2003 Exporting a query as a text file and I choose CSV and " as text separator. I need " to wrap the numbers but I cant figure out how to do that. What I get is "TAG","Qty" 59081,13 2450,30 What I need is "TAG","Qty" "59081","13" "2450","30" Anyone know how to achieve this. Use CStr function to cast the numbers as string values: SELECT CStr([TAG]) AS tTAG, CStr([Qty]) AS tQty FROM TableName; -- Ken Snell <MS ACCESS MVP> "Pat Coleman" <pcoleman@foodirela...

Problem with V-Basic code for displaying times in hh:mm format
I am NOT a Visual Basic expert by any stretch. A while ago, I asked for some help re setting up the code so that someone could quickly enter just the numbers for a time, and the program would change that to the correct hh:mm format when you tab out of the cell. I received the following suggestion: "Option Explicit Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Dim tlen As Long, result As String If Target.Column < 3 Or Target.Column > 15 Then Exit Sub If Target.Column > 6 And Target.Column < 12 Then Exit Sub If Target.Count > 1 Then Exit Sub tlen = Len(Target.Val...