Pasting email address into text field

Hello all,

I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel spreadsheet
into an Access form.  I receive an error: "The value you have entered into
this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email
address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the
DB.  I can copy the individual email address into the field without any
problems.  the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows of
data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB.

Any ideas about getting around this problem?

Hi,
this is exactly what happens with Access when you try to do a manual copy
and paste.
Could you link to the spreadsheet and use a query to get the values from
excel and add them to the table your form is based on?

Jeanette Cunningham

"REGREGL" <REGREGL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am attempting to copy/paste several rows of data from an excel
> spreadsheet
> into an Access form.  I receive an error: "The value you have entered into
> this field is invalid" when the data contains an email address. The email
> address field is set for text with a field length of 255 characters in the
> DB.  I can copy the individual email address into the field without any
> problems.  the problem occurs only when I am copying the whole row or rows
> of
> data from the excel spreadsheet into the Access DB.
>
> Any ideas about getting around this problem?

0
Jeanette

cut and paste or something more elaborate
Folks, Can you help me make my mind up on how to go about moving small blocks of data from nearly 88 worksheets to one central worksheet. I'm trying to learn excel and VBA and I've found some examples using small snippets of code to write values from one cell to another. I thought this might be a good excuse to try and expand my horizons beyond the cut-and-paste operations. I will be moving data from 88 different worksheets in 5 workbooks to a single worksheet. Once the data are copied, I will have need to maintain the original worksheets (in case that matters). Also, I ...

HTTP status code: [409]:Cannot sync pocket pc Outlook
We have around 30 users with Pocket PCs who synchronise their emails using Active Sync version 5 with the Exchange 2003 server. It was setup by a consultant a few months ago, and worked fine when it just stopped working. Now whenever a Pocket PC user tries to synchronise, it almost immediately completes with no error message, but no new messages have been transferred over (or for that matter new calendar appointments \ contacts etc). There is no error on the Pocket PC, but I have seen one or two errors on the Exchange Server's event viewer. These are (event ID 3005): Unexpected Exchang...

How do I remove the 'default' Outlook Address Book?
Hi there, I am running ACT! 2009 and have the ACT! addresses as my default address list for email. What I am trying to do is remove the Outlook Address Book as it is the primary. For example, when I click on Contacts - it shows the Outlook Address Book, not the ACT! address book? I do not want this! I do want the ACT! address book here. It DOES however, show the ACT! when inside an email as I have set that up by going Tools-->Address Book-->Tools-->Options "Show this address book first" (ACT!) and When sending mail....(ACT!) is first. When I go i...

Blank Emails #2
Hi I have previously wrote asking for help but did not get any useful help. Thank you any way. I am not alone; I found two more people got the same problem too. What happens is the content of email disappears but To, From, Cc, Subject and attachments are fine. It happens to any type of email (HTML, Plain ..). This problem occurs randomly. When a user sends an email it is blanked. I believe Exchange, not by Outlook, blanks the content; I believe this because emails I had in my Inbox for some time (and read) also suddenly lose their content. When users start sending blank emails, ...

Random emails crash Outlook
Random emails crash Outlook. I have checked if they have had any virus or worm content stripped in Exchange but they do not appear in the TrendMicro log. Right-clicking the email allows for it to be sent to deleted items. If I connect remotely to the user's mailbox I can open the message without problem. I then forward it to the user and they can open the forwarded message. 1 user recently reported that a previously problem email was suddenly viewable so I thought this might suggest that the problem is on the Exchange server but cannot find any errors in the logs. The messages of...

How to un-hightlight the text in Rich Edit Control?
Hi all, I have a read-only Rich Edit Control in dialog and insert text into it via code. When the dialog pops up, all the text in Rich Edit Control are highlighted as they are selected. How to un-hightlight them by code? Thanks in advance. Jerry scdong wrote: > Hi all, > I have a read-only Rich Edit Control in dialog and insert text into it > via code. When the dialog pops up, all the text in Rich Edit Control > are highlighted as they are selected. How to un-hightlight them by > code? Thanks in advance. > > Jerry Quick & Easy, moving the caret should do the trick....

Get one result from multiple memo fields
I am an access newbie so I am not even sure this can be done. I need a report to pull material listing from a memo field [Notes] or show which jobs have missing materials... My report has the following record source: SELECT tblJob.Job, tblNotes.Notes FROM tblJob LEFT JOIN tblNotes ON tblJob.ID=tblNotes.JOBID; The report has a Group header on Job and a [Material] text field with the following control source: =IIf([Notes] Like "Material*",[Notes],"No Material listing found") What I get is a listing of all the notes, ----------------- Example: Job1 No Material listing fo...

Address Book
Hi all, I can seem to figure out how to get my address but to list by last name? If I go to add an email address from an incoming mail it will do it but I have entered in all address by myself and they are listed in no order. I have tried everything I can think of, please any ideas would be great. It is driving in insane!!!! Thanks Shiv Sounds like this is an Outlook question. You have posted this to a newsgroup related to Microsoft Access - the database application. I'd suggest you post to a newsgroup related to the application you are using for your email (Outlook, Outlook Expres...

Exchange and POP email in same profile
Gurus, Is it possible to have the Exchange address and a different POP address exist in the same profile? I ask because, while setting up a new account on a new computer, I've discovered that I cannot have the Exchange mail delivered to "Mailbox - User1" (mail left on server), and at the same time modify the POP account to have its mail delivered to the .pst on the local machine. The dialog box only wants the mail delivered to one location, for ALL accounts. Do I have to use two different profiles in this case? Using Outlook 2003 with Exchange 2003. Thanks! Yes its poss...

Question for multiple email recipients
If there is a mail from external client sending to multiple CRM users, whenone of the users track the email to CRM (e.g. regarding to a case or any other record), is there any signal to letting other recipients know the mail is being tracked? Any suggestion? If one CRM user tracks the email in CRM from Outlook, then after a few minutes it should appear as tracked in all other user's Outlook mailboxes as well. There's a process that looks for recently created CRM activities and 'tags' them to appear tracked in CRM. The icon for the email in the Outlook explorer view sh...

Get text from Win Clipboard into VBA variable
VBA in Excel 2007 I have data on the clipboard of a specific format: Start: (') (915855.639280, 638485.145786) End: (') (917162.295718, 637714.747829) I would like to bring this from the windows clipboard into a variable in which I can parse it (to extract and use the coordinates). I can't find this when I search groups and whatnot. Can anyone help me with this? - Paul Schrum Raleigh, NC http://www.cpearson.com/excel/clipboard.aspx -- Gary''s Student - gsnu201001 "Paul Schrum" wrote: > VBA in Excel 2007 > > I have d...

Text color change in a cell depend on the cursor position elsewher
Excel. I want either the background color or the text color of a cell, or cells, to change when the cursor is in a particular position. e.g. The background/text color change for the far left cell of a row when the cursor is anywhere in that row. Hi! Two things: 1. You can get a cell to change colour with a VBA routine such as: Private Sub Worksheet_SelectionChange(ByVal Target As Range) r = Target.Row Cells(r, 1).Interior.ColorIndex = 6 End Sub This paints the first cell in the row yellow. But you'll need to give some thought as to whether/how you will dea with moving off that ro...

How do I mailmerge ALL addresses from Excel to Publisher?
I am publishing a 36 page address directory in landscape mode, with a text box on each page divided into two columns. I have tried exporting my Excel spreadsheet into this directory using mail merge and get the first address on the first page, then the second address on the second page, etc. I want to list 8 addresses per column (16 addresses per page). What is the code I have to use to get the addresses to list sequentially????? When I go to print or print preview, because it is a "brochure" I don't have the option to print Multiple pages. Help!!! Have you l...

Text Columns
I have to columns, alphabetically sorted, one with 1oo names, one with 8o-9o names, which are identical to the ones in the column with 1oo. Is there a way (formula or macro) that places the identical text (names) next to each other in the same row, leaving blank the cell where there is no match? The columns should then look like this: Miller Miller Smith Kerry Kerry Ferguson Ferguson Peters Black Black etc. Thank you Say 1st column is column A, 2nd column is column B. Enter in C1: =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(A1,B:B,1,0)),"",VLO...

Emails disappeared yesterday
Yesterday, I had a problem with my computer freezing. I restarted it, pulled up Windows Mail and all of the sudden the emails from the last month were gone. The left sidebar was changed also. I had folders set for emails from from certain companies which also disappeared. Does anyone have any idea how to get this back? Did you try rebooting a couple of times? Also, try running the various repair functions in the WMUtil program: http://www.oehelp.com/WMUtil --=20 Gary VanderMolen, Microsoft MVP (Mail) http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/profile/vandermolen &q...

FIX: Untracking emails incorrectly tracked for Outlook 2003 and 2007
Hi all, As you know, it is tough to un-link or un-track emails (Outlook records in general) if you track them by mistake or link them to the wrong CRM record. The link below shows how to do it when using Outlook 2007. (I assume it is the same for CRM 3.0 and 4.0 but I cannot test the former since we just upgraded to 4.0.) http://blog.sonomapartners.com/2007/05/remove_crm_link.html The problem was doing it with Outlook 2003. I think I figured a way. You have to follow the steps in the link above but the problem was showing the CRM user fields in the email record to set them to 0. If you ope...

BUGGY TEXT BOXES IN GRAPHS
I am using Excel 2000, version 9.0.6926 sp3 Seems like every time I use a text box on a graph, or try to opaque its background, or change outline features, my excel crashes and closes down, losing everything done since last save event. At first I thought it was one corrupt file- but then I recreated the problem on a new machine, and a new spreadsheet file. Does anyone know if this bug has been taken care of- or is there a fix to it? Thanks Paul ...

Flag drops from Email Mail Merge
I am trying to flag an email with a due date/time. Then I perform a mail merge to email and the flag drops, any suggestions? ...

Infopath 2003, MOSS 2007, email form contents
I need to use our SharePoint site to send user support requests via email. So I created a from in InfoPath 2003 with the necessary fields, added a button to submit it to email as an action, and published it to a document library. And it almost does what I want except: 1) I'd like to put the user info (from the text boxes on the form) into the body of the email instead of as an attachment 2) The user has to actually go into the document library and click the New button. I'd rather maybe create a view that just has a button that does the New functionality? Then I can show j...

Auto Populate text box based on combo box
Hello, I have a combobox named "Bulk" and a text box named "Routing", I would like the Routing box to auto populate after the user selects an option from "Bulk". The Bulk combo box is bound to a table named "Products and bulks". The Routing selection would be coming from the same table. Could someone please explain this to me? I have tried different codes like: Private Sub cboPersonID_AfterUpdate() Me.txtPersonName.Value = Me.cboPersonID.Column(1) End Sub Everytime I put this in the Combo Box's afterupdate property, an error message com...

Migrating Outlook 2007 Account Settings and Email Folders
I used to use a different computer, with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I had to remove the hard drive from that computer and now have it in my new computer, also with Outlook 2007 installed on it. I have full access to the entire hard drive and all its contents from the old computer and want to do one simple thing: copy all the necessary files over from the old hard drive to the new one so that Outlook 2007 will have the correct accounts set up and folders in place. I just haven't been able to find a clear solution to this. I've already tried just moving the Outlook folder from Local ...

Text/Font Size in Money 2006
Dude, there has to be a way to make the font size bigger in Money 2006! My eyes are stinging! I've looked everywhere but can't seem to figure out how to make the text easier to read. Why does Microsoft think that super small text size is better? I'm under 30 y/o, don't wear glasses, and I'm running my 19" LCD at 1280 x 1024 (which I don't think is too outrageous). I have clear type font smoothing enabled and I have even bumped up the font size within Windows XP. Do I need to get a magnifying glass next? ---------------- This post is a suggestion for ...

How do I separate address information from within an Excel cell?
I have a Christmas Card list that was created using a single cell for the whole address. Street, City, Zip/Postal etc. I need to split those components out into separate cells in order to do a proper mail merge. Is there any way to do this. I am not completely unfamiliar with macros but I if that is the solution I would require a fair bit of hand holding. Thanks S. If you actually used commas to separate the fields (and none of the fields contain commas), you could select the column and do: Data|text to columns delimited comma Remember to keep enough open columns to the right s...

How do I conditionally insert text into a cell on Excel 2007?
I am using Excel 2007. I am trying to insert text into a cell based on the value of the cell next to it. Example If NO is typed into cell B1, I want to insert EXPLAIN in cell B1 I assume you meant C1 or else you would need an event macro =IF(B1="No","Explain","") since you didn't mention what you want if it is not "No" I made it blank -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "RobertTFB" <RobertTFB@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:70E2D21C-2D27-42D1-9574-0C39907C2A47@microsoft.com... >I am using Excel 2007. I am trying t...

Only display fields if field matches criteria
I'm trying to build a query where the field only displays "Show" if the field matches a string. For example, I have about 20 fields and each of them has the check box to 'Show'. I only want the field to show if the text "Traffic =E2=86=94 PreCon" is in the field. I tried doing if statements and I found that if the first field doesn't match this criteria, then none of them show up. "Traffic =E2=86=94 PreCon" could be in field 3 or 13. I just want to filter through the fields and only show the ones that have that string. Any ideas? ...