Passing form value to hyperlink address

How do I append a form field value to the end of a hyperlink address that is
coded as a hyperlink address on a form label?

"Macro condition based on date"
<Macroconditionbasedondate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> How do I append a form field value to the end of a hyperlink address that
> is
> coded as a hyperlink address on a form label?

How about something like this in the form's Current event:

Private Sub Form_Current()
    Me.lblWhatever.HyperlinkAddress = "C:\Data\" & Me.txtTextbox
End Sub
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

0
Arvin
1/31/2008 3:23:47 PM
Do not understand how this would pass (append) a filed value to the hyperlink
address when I click on the label that contains the hyperlink address.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> "Macro condition based on date"
> <Macroconditionbasedondate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > How do I append a form field value to the end of a hyperlink address that
> > is
> > coded as a hyperlink address on a form label?
>
> How about something like this in the form's Current event:
>
> Private Sub Form_Current()
>     Me.lblWhatever.HyperlinkAddress = "C:\Data\" & Me.txtTextbox
> End Sub
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com

By referring to the HyperlinkAddress property of a label in the form's
current event, you make that label into a clickable hyperlink. The label can
read anything, but when you click on it, it will link to the document at
C:\Data\ and whatever file name is in the textbox. If the resultant value is
not readable, it will open a Windows Explorer window to the default location
that Access has in its Options.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

> Do not understand how this would pass (append) a filed value to the
> hyperlink
> address when I click on the label that contains the hyperlink address.
>
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> "Macro condition based on date"
>> <Macroconditionbasedondate@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > How do I append a form field value to the end of a hyperlink address
>> > that
>> > is
>> > coded as a hyperlink address on a form label?
>>
>> How about something like this in the form's Current event:
>>
>> Private Sub Form_Current()
>>     Me.lblWhatever.HyperlinkAddress = "C:\Data\" & Me.txtTextbox
>> End Sub
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com

0
Arvin

send from address
Hi all, is there any way to automatically change the from email address for all messages that go through a certain smtp connector? I want all messages going through that connector to look like they were sent from one specific mailbox / person. We need to make sure all replies end up in the same place. Thanks Rogier. Not in exchange natively. Typical solutions to this are implementing a "smart host" to re-write the headers, and routing all outbound through that host. Sendmail can do this, and there are other products out there for the Windows platform that can do this, ie...

Retaining/ Ensuring Form Focus
The "Opening" Form's "Focus" (Titlebar) becomes Dimmed when running this code... .... DoCmd.OpenForm "Parts": DoCmd.Close acForm, "Opening" When returning to the "Opening" Form from the "Parts" Form with.. .... DoCmd.OpenForm "Opening": DoCmd.Close acForm, "Parts" ...the "Opening" Form's Titlebar stays Dimmed. Even using one of the "Opening" Form's Fields..IE..Field1.SetFocus, doesn't work. Form Focus is returned w/ a Click. TIA - Bob This works (found in a...

Off Line Address Book
After upgrading Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2003, my remote users are not able to Download the Off Line Address Book. The error that is received by the remote user is [Task "Microsoft Exchange Server" Reported Error (0x8004010F): 'The Operation Failed. An Object Could not be Found.'] Thank you for your support. Debi I have the same problem but have not yet taken care of it. ...made som research and found that others with the same problem have tried to reset site folders. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;273364 http://support.microsoft.com/default...

Printing an address in letter
I am trying to print a confirmation letter with an address in the body of the report. The address may or may not have an Address2 line. How can I eliminate the space if the Address2 line is blank? Also, can I use an "IF" to edit the printing of zero values? Thanks, tomc Depends on what you mean about the address being in the body of the report. If there is no label with the address or any text around it then use Properties to set click on the text box (es) in Design view and set Can Grow and Can Shrink to yes. Do the same for the Section that contains the address by clicking ...

Hyperlink Information
For the active cell, how do you get the target URL information out in VBA. E.g. Cell A1 text is "Microsoft" Cell A1 Hyperlink is http://www.microsoft.com How do you get out the target URL http://www.microsoft.com Activell.Hyperlink(1).????? I have tried various options and nothing works for me. Any help would be welcome. The Insert Hyperlink dialog box allows you to enter 'Text to display' which will be shown in the cell in Excel. The hyperlink url will be hidden if you enter something different in the Text to display box, though it will still work as before. &...

Anyway To Always bcc same email address automatically
Is there anyway to set up a rule or something so that everytime I send an email it is bcc'd to a specific email address? Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services rick@rbdata.com Do not know if this works in 2003 but here is a link to some code that will do this for 2000: http://www.slipstick.com/dev/code/autobcc.htm --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Rick Bellefond asked: ...

pass tablename and update
Need help. I have 'Table A' with columns c1, c2, c3, c4 and sp to update Table A. proc_upd_tableA @tblname varchar (10) as declare @tbl as varchar(10) set @tbl = @tblname begin update @tbl set c1 = 'X' where c2 = '' end is it possible to do exec this sp from another sp? Need someone to show me how or if possible, sample to guide me. Thanks. The first thing is your proc isn't going to update 'Table A'. You can't replace a table name with a variable in a DML statement as you've done below. To do this type of t...

Some users not listed in Global Address Book ???
Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? On Thu, 13 Jul 2006 00:12:01 -0700, Mahmoud Metwally Ali <Mahmoud Metwally Ali@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Dear Sir, I have some of my users in my exchange 2003, their contacts are not >listed in the GAL although I can send them e-mails, and they can receive. >What Should I have to do to make their contacts appear in the GAL? Are you talking about user...

How to change cell shading/fill based on value in another cell?
I have a sheet with two columns of experimental data. Let's say the data is in F10:F25 (column 1) & G10:G25 (column 2). There is a value in another cell (A1) that contains a 1 or a 2. If A1=1, I want to turn shading in column 1 agree and in column 2 off. If A1=2, I want to reverse that. If there a worksheet function that will do that? I was hoping for something like: =cellshading(range,color) I could then execute one of these two statements: If A1=1 then cellshading(F10:F25,"Green") cellshading(G10:G25,"None") Else cellshading(G10:G25,"Green&...

Need to print all address lines on a 1099 form
In Great Plains Version 10, on the vendor card, under the address button, you are able to enter 3 lines of address information. However, when printing 1099's, only the first 2 lines of address information will print on the form. Since we utilize all 3 address lines, we had many 1099 forms returned as undeliverable this past year. According to our partner, Microsoft indicated that, currently, there is no way to print the third line of information. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for ...

PopUp Form Help
I'm trying to create a pop-up form to allow users to enter data to table that main form is based on. Due to size of main form and because pop-up fields will only be used per certain entries on main form, I want to use a pop-up form to enter needed data. On the main form, I have the fields listed below. For example, if user enters "TypeOne" as a PType and then enters Model, AfterUpdate to Model field a pop-up form opens with fields for UnitGroupName and UnitModelName. I would like the UnitGroupName to be populated with "All TypeOne Products" when the po...

Printing BLANK report for current form
I am trying to print a report for a current form which has just been filled out. However, unless I leave the current form and return to it, the report prints blank. Here is the code: _______ Private Sub PrintVoucherSingle_Click() 'Print current record 'using rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates If IsNull(Me!CertNumber) Then MsgBox "Please select a valid record", _ vbOKOnly, "Error" Exit Sub End If DoCmd.OpenReport "rptlIndividualTaxiCertificates", , , _ "CertNumber = " & Me!CertNumber End Sub __________________________________ What have ...

Use Excel to update Outlook address book
hi all... Is there a way to update outlook address book using excel? Is there a macro available for it? Thank you for your answers Mike ...

External Users and Global Address List
I stumbled across this a while ago but now can not find the setting again. I have an Exchange server and am accepting mail for multiple domains. A lot of these domains accept mail and then forward it off to external email accounts. When I create new "external users" in the Active Directory Users and Computers, they show up in my Global Address List. I really don't want this to happen. I know it is possible to not have this happen because as I said at the top, I stumbled onto a setting that turned this off. I did this for a bunch of accounts at the time I found the set...

Formatting default Entity and Value
In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to continually setting the values manually. Cheers, McGiv Hi McGiv, > In ORM Source documents is it possible to set the default background > colour (Fill) of Entity and Value elements? To save me having to > continually setting the values manually. Sorry, no. The ORM info is separate from the shape info and as such a new shape is created every time you drop a given ORM object on a page. If you want them all to be a given color (which I don't thi...

Cell ref of max value in array
Using XL2002. Other answers in these discussions have given me nearly what I'm after; please would someone complete this? A large array of numbers: which cell in each row has the max value? =MATCH(MAX(range),range,0) gets me its position, e.g. 44th cell along, but how can I translate that to Column AR or cell ref AR6? Try this on for size - if it doesn't work, let me know and we can twea it. Later, Chad =ADDRESS(MATCH(MAX(range),range,0)+ROW(range)-1,COLUMN(range),1 -- cvolker ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cvolkert's Profile: http://...

How do I disable the auto hyperlink feature in Excel?
When I type in an email address in Excel, it atomatically converts it to a hyperlink. I don't want it to do that. How do you disable this feature in Excel 2000? I believe that I was able to do this in Excel 2003 version. take a look at http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks.html and http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/nohyperlinks2.html In article <22537255-02B1-445A-A476-78BAC99429B1@microsoft.com>, "DougJ" <DougJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > When I type in an email address in Excel, it atomatically converts it to a > hyperlink. I ...

import address book from Corel WP 8 to Outlook 2000 Contacts
I have tried unsuccessfully to import data from the Corel WordPerfect 8 address book format into Outlook 2000 contacts The export format from Corel WordPerfect is designated .abx, although it is essentially just a comma separated file One problem seems to be that the import options available under the menu in Outlook do not support Corel, etc Does anyone know how one might take the data from the Corel address book format and convert it to a .csv format that Outlook will then accept? I need to be able to import addresses and phone numbers, not just names and e-mail addresses I have tried c...

What replaces the Data/form menu item in Excel 2007?
I recently upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2007, and I confess to being flummoxed by the ribbon/new menus. Have data forms disappeared? Thanks - I found a post by Roger Gauvier that answered my question. Too bad taht Excel Help isn't as helpful! "NJJorgy" wrote: > I recently upgraded from Excel 2003 to 2007, and I confess to being flummoxed > by the ribbon/new menus. Have data forms disappeared? Hi NJJorgy Maybe this will help http://www.rondebruin.nl/0307commands.htm -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "NJJorgy" <NJJorgy@disc...

Can I see the reply to address somehow before replying
When an email comes in I want to be able to see the reply to email address before replying. I know 95% of the time it is going to be the from email, but would still like to see it. I think the only way you can see it is to click Reply. Then read what it says in the To... field. Regards Judy Gleeson MVP Outlook www.judygleeson.com www.deskdoctors.com Are you sick of bad email practice? Get a copy of my paper "Implementing Email Policy" from the Desk Doctors website. "minncal2002" <minncal2002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...

Form Based Auth, Form Not Working
Hello, I have an issue with my form for "Form Based Login." I have the certificate installed and everything works just fine for OWA, not using forms. As soon as I enable it, I get "Page Can't Be Displayed" errors. When I drilled down to look at the actual page, the icon was the "Windows" logo, shouldn't it be something else? (Not sure if that helps anyone, or even if it's part of the problem..thought I'd add it anyhow) Has anyone had issues like this? Again, OWA works great, but the form won't come up. You're visiting the url: https...

Outlook Forms #5
Hi, Could someone please help !! I have created an Outlook form and saved within our public folders on Exchange. The form has a locked To... email field with one persons email address populated. This works fine, however whenever the form is emailed to the receiptant it doesn't look like the form I created. Could someone please help if they can. Thank you. Steve Garlinge. ----- Steve Garlinge wrote: ---- Hi Could someone please help ! I have created an Outlook form and saved within our public folders on Exchange. The form has a locke...

Can't prevent updates and allow new records on form/subform/subfor
I have a form with a subform that also contains a subform. The Data Entry property for each is set to No. I would like to prevent users from updating records on each form, but I would also like to allow them to create new records on each form. To achieve this, I set the Allow Edits property to No on each form, while retaining the Yes setting for Allow Additions and Allow Deletions. The result is that I can create new records on the main form, but not on either subform. Am I stuck with this, or am I doing something wrong? Thanks!!! Yes, that is how Access works. If you set AllowEd...

Relative Hyperlinks to PDFs (or other documents)
I have a worksheet with 60 cells containing hyperlinks to 60 PDFs which reside in the same folder as the EXCEL file. I would like to be able to transfer this folder (with the PDFs and Excel file) among several computers. I quickly found out my problem. the links work PERFECT on my own PC, but once I transferred the folder and it's contents to another PC, they no longer functioned. Analyzing the hyperlink I found: file:///C:\Documents and Settings\MYUSER\desktop\New Folder\119762.PDF I realize that on the other computers where the USER name is different, and the ultimate name of the fo...

Format cells to display truncated values?
I would like to display numbers rounded or truncated by 1000 - eg $254,123 would be displayed as $254K. I do not want to change the underlying value, and I do not want to add an additional column with a calculated value Use a custom number format of $0,K -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Mike" <Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:06C70E35-F87D-4DF7-8494-A46F0E93B507@microsoft.com... >I would like to display numbers rounded or truncated by 1000 - >eg $254,123 > would be displ...