Passing data from one form to another

Hello I have a form called frmMaindB and it has 5 text boxes on it
(txtEmployeeTime, txtDTRegular, txtDTReason1, txtDTReason2, txtDTMaintenance)

when I double click on the text box it opens up a pop up form named
frm_DecimalConversion. On this form I have two text boxes one box I enter
data into and the other calculates or converts the data to a decimal. The box

that converts the data is called txtDecimal. Then I have a close button which
I want to use to close the pop up form and insert the data into the text box
I double clicked in to get the pop up or (frm_DecimalConversion). I have read
that I need to use
the OpenArgs. But I have no clue how to get started? Someone told me to use
this in the text box I double click into to get the pop up form (Docmd.
OpenForm
"frm_DecimalConversion" , , , , , , 1) and to use a diferent numbers like
2,3,4,5 for the other text boxes I im using. Then they
told me to do this:

Then wherever you're running your code in your popup to populate the main
form textbox, use

Select Case Me.OpenArgs

Case 1 'this will be the textbox that you used the number 1
Forms!frmMaindB!TextBox1 = Me.txtDecimal

Case 2 'this will be the textbox that you used the number 2
Forms!frmMaindB!TextBox2 = Me.txtDecimal

Can someone please explain or give me an example of what I need to do
because I dont quite understand....In other word im lost...Thanks!

0
oxicottin

"oxicottin" <u35157@uwe> wrote in message news:73e5765a07ee2@uwe...
> Hello I have a form called frmMaindB and it has 5 text boxes on it
> (txtEmployeeTime, txtDTRegular, txtDTReason1, txtDTReason2,
> txtDTMaintenance)
>
> when I double click on the text box it opens up a pop up form named
> frm_DecimalConversion. On this form I have two text boxes one box I enter
> data into and the other calculates or converts the data to a decimal. The
> box
>
> that converts the data is called txtDecimal. Then I have a close button
> which
> I want to use to close the pop up form and insert the data into the text
> box
> I double clicked in to get the pop up or (frm_DecimalConversion). I have
> read
> that I need to use
> the OpenArgs. But I have no clue how to get started? Someone told me to
> use
> this in the text box I double click into to get the pop up form (Docmd.
> OpenForm
> "frm_DecimalConversion" , , , , , , 1) and to use a diferent numbers like
> 2,3,4,5 for the other text boxes I im using. Then they
> told me to do this:
>
> Then wherever you're running your code in your popup to populate the main
> form textbox, use
>
> Select Case Me.OpenArgs
>
> Case 1 'this will be the textbox that you used the number 1
> Forms!frmMaindB!TextBox1 = Me.txtDecimal
>
> Case 2 'this will be the textbox that you used the number 2
> Forms!frmMaindB!TextBox2 = Me.txtDecimal
>

> Can someone please explain or give me an example of what I need to do
> because I dont quite understand....In other word im lost...Thanks!

If it were me, I'd probably use a global variable instead. Add a module to
your application and in that module add a line like the following:

    Public gDecimalValue

That's it, save and close the module. Now, in your popup form, when you're
ready to close and return the converted value to your main form (probably
the Click event of the close button), store the value in the global variable
before closing the form:

    gDecimalValue = Me.txtDecimal

Now, back in your main form, on the line immediately following where you
opened the popup form, you can refer to the global value:

    Me.TextBox1 = gDecimalValue

I assume this is all happening in the DoubleClick event of each textbox, so
you should already know which textbox was double-clicked (you'll be in its
DoubleClick event).

Carl Rapson

0
Carl
6/18/2007 8:34:41 PM
This was easy to understand and explained very well... I have some issues
though! The txtDecimal box has a number generated from the above text box
(txtMinutes) and in txtMinutes's After Update Event has this code to generate
the number needed:

Private Sub txtMinutes_AfterUpdate()
Me.txtDecimal = Round(Me.txtMinutes / 60, 2)
End Sub

Now in my close button on my form I have this code:

Private Sub cmdCloseDecimalConversion_Click()
gDecimalValue = Me.txtDecimal
DoCmd.Close
End Sub

The problem im haveing is that when I close the pop up form
(frm_DecimalConversion) the number isnt populated in the text box I double
clicked from just yet. I have to double click again on the box and the number
will populate but it opens up the pop up again. Is there a way around this?
or did I do something wrong? Also here is what I put in the double click
event for the text boxes on my frmMaindB. Thanks!!!

Private Sub txtDTMaintenance_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
Me.txtDTMaintenance = gDecimalValue
End Sub

Private Sub txtDTReason1_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
Me.txtDTReason1 = gDecimalValue
End Sub

Private Sub txtDTReason2_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
Me.txtDTReason2 = gDecimalValue
End Sub

Private Sub txtDTRegular_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
Me.txtDTRegular = gDecimalValue
End Sub

Private Sub txtEmployeeTime_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
Me.txtEmployeeTime = gDecimalValue
End Sub

--
Newbies need extra loven!!!

0
oxicottin
6/18/2007 9:11:27 PM
In the popup form where you do the calculation.  In the click event of the
button you use to close the form, just populate the text box of the other
form with the value in the calculated text box.

Forms!TheOtherForm!TheOtherTextBox = Me.txtDecimal
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"oxicottin" wrote:

> This was easy to understand and explained very well... I have some issues
> though! The txtDecimal box has a number generated from the above text box
> (txtMinutes) and in txtMinutes's After Update Event has this code to generate
> the number needed:
>
> Private Sub txtMinutes_AfterUpdate()
> Me.txtDecimal = Round(Me.txtMinutes / 60, 2)
> End Sub
>
> Now in my close button on my form I have this code:
>
> Private Sub cmdCloseDecimalConversion_Click()
> gDecimalValue = Me.txtDecimal
> DoCmd.Close
> End Sub
>
> The problem im haveing is that when I close the pop up form
> (frm_DecimalConversion) the number isnt populated in the text box I double
> clicked from just yet. I have to double click again on the box and the number
> will populate but it opens up the pop up again. Is there a way around this?
> or did I do something wrong? Also here is what I put in the double click
> event for the text boxes on my frmMaindB. Thanks!!!
>
> Private Sub txtDTMaintenance_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTMaintenance = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtDTReason1_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTReason1 = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtDTReason2_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTReason2 = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtDTRegular_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTRegular = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtEmployeeTime_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtEmployeeTime = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> --
> Newbies need extra loven!!!

Im sorry I dont quite understand? Where would I add the formula you wrote? I
understand its in my close button of the pop up but I get an error when ran.
Is "TheOtherForm" my frmMaindB?  and is the "TheOtherTextBox" the other text
box name on the pop ups form cales txtMinutes? If so can you give an example
of where it in inserted...Thanks a million!

Private Sub cmdCloseDecimalConversion_Click()

   gDecimalValue = Me.txtDecimal
   DoCmd.Close

--
Newbies need extra loven!!!

oxicottin
6/19/2007 1:16:42 AM
Ok but this will only let me update one text box? the one where
"txtSomeTextBox" is. I wanted to be able to update the txt box I double
clicked into to get the pop up.

--
Newbies need extra loven!!!

oxicottin
6/19/2007 2:26:36 PM
Okay, then use the name of that text box.
--

"oxicottin via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Ok but this will only let me update one text box? the one where
> "txtSomeTextBox" is. I wanted to be able to update the txt box I double
> clicked into to get the pop up.
>

> Klatuu wrote:
> >If frmMaindB is the form you have open the opens your calculation form, the
> >answer is yes.  The other text box is the text box on frmMaindB where you
> >want to display the results of the calculation.
> >
> >Private Sub cmdCloseDecimalConversion_Click()
> >
> >'Remove this line
> >'   gDecimalValue = Me.txtDecimal
> >   Forms!frmMaindB!txtSomeTextBox = Me.txtDecimal
> >   DoCmd.Close
> >> Im sorry I dont quite understand? Where would I add the formula you wrote? I
> >> understand its in my close button of the pop up but I get an error when ran.
> >[quoted text clipped - 6 lines]
> >>    gDecimalValue = Me.txtDecimal
> >>    DoCmd.Close
>
> --
> Newbies need extra loven!!!

Try this: in your OpenForm calls, add the acDialog parameter:

    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion",,,,,acDialog

It may be that your parent form isn't pausing while the popup form runs, and
therefore there's no value to pick up. That would explain why you see the
value the second time around.

Carl Rapson

"oxicottin" <u35157@uwe> wrote in message news:73e676edfe8f9@uwe...
> This was easy to understand and explained very well... I have some issues
> though! The txtDecimal box has a number generated from the above text box
> (txtMinutes) and in txtMinutes's After Update Event has this code to
> generate
> the number needed:
>
> Private Sub txtMinutes_AfterUpdate()
> Me.txtDecimal = Round(Me.txtMinutes / 60, 2)
> End Sub
>
> Now in my close button on my form I have this code:
>
> Private Sub cmdCloseDecimalConversion_Click()
> gDecimalValue = Me.txtDecimal
> DoCmd.Close
> End Sub
>
> The problem im haveing is that when I close the pop up form
> (frm_DecimalConversion) the number isnt populated in the text box I double
> clicked from just yet. I have to double click again on the box and the
> number
> will populate but it opens up the pop up again. Is there a way around
> this?
> or did I do something wrong? Also here is what I put in the double click
> event for the text boxes on my frmMaindB. Thanks!!!
>
> Private Sub txtDTMaintenance_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTMaintenance = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtDTReason1_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTReason1 = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtDTReason2_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTReason2 = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtDTRegular_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtDTRegular = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> Private Sub txtEmployeeTime_DblClick(Cancel As Integer)
> DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion"
> Me.txtEmployeeTime = gDecimalValue
> End Sub
>
> --
> Newbies need extra loven!!!

0
Carl
6/19/2007 4:40:34 PM
That will do it!! Thanks..... Hay do you know any good access website with
tutorials and downloand databases? Thanks for the help it was musch
appreciated!

--
Newbies need extra loven!!!

oxicottin
6/19/2007 6:10:57 PM
Here are a few that I use frequently:

http://www.lebans.com/

http://www.mvps.org/access/

http://www.granite.ab.ca/accsmstr.htm

There are lots of others out there; you can use Google or some such to
search for them.

Carl Rapson

"oxicottin via AccessMonster.com" <u35157@uwe> wrote in message
> That will do it!! Thanks..... Hay do you know any good access website with
> tutorials and downloand databases? Thanks for the help it was musch
> appreciated!
>
> Carl Rapson wrote:
>>Try this: in your OpenForm calls, add the acDialog parameter:
>>
>>    DoCmd.OpenForm "frm_DecimalConversion",,,,,acDialog
>>
>>It may be that your parent form isn't pausing while the popup form runs,
>>and
>>therefore there's no value to pick up. That would explain why you see the
>>value the second time around.
>>
>>Carl Rapson
>>
>>> This was easy to understand and explained very well... I have some
>>> issues
>>> though! The txtDecimal box has a number generated from the above text
>>> box
>>[quoted text clipped - 46 lines]
>>> Me.txtEmployeeTime = gDecimalValue
>>> End Sub
>
> --
> Newbies need extra loven!!!

Carl

merging into Word with filtered data
Hello, I'm trying to do a merge in Word using data from Excel. However, I don't want to merge using data from the whole worksheet, but just filtered data (all people from London - place is one of the fields in the worksheet. I have no idea how I might do this. Any help gratefully received. I believe you can accomplish this from Word by using "Query Options" and selecting to merge only those records you're seeking. HTH PC "Italian Pete" <ItalianPete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3E62FCDC-42EC-48DB-92AC-857B224F085F@microsoft.c...

merging 3 spreadsheets into one based upon a single common data field
OK I hope you guys can help me out. Here is the scenario. I have 3 spreadsheets. The main spreadsheet I working with has 500 lines with a unique number string. The next two spreadsheets have about 12000 lines but also contain the same unique string as the first spreadsheet. I want to search the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet using the first spreadsheets unique id number and then take the information from the 2nd and 3rd spreadsheet and then merge it into the first. Does that make since? Any help would be great. -- xchosen --------------------------------------------------------------------...

Data Loss in Publisher
Hi I run a W2k network in a school. I have Office Group Policies in place forcing the default save location for Publisher documents (Office XP version) to the pupil's home folders. All my PCs are identical (ghost images). Pupils have roaming profiles (some mandatory). Some users save work in Publisher and the next time they log on to the network and open the saved file, it's contents have gone! There is nothing exceptional about the affected users' user accounts and they have a mixture of mandatory and roaming profiles. Has anyone come across this problem before? Than...

Any way to clear out stock pricing data before or after going to Quicken?
With all the discussion a few months ago about taking control of our own data, I had gone through the steps to look at my Money file as an Access DB, and found that of my 80MB, more than half was daily stock prices. Thats not something I really want to convert and maintain. I can't imagine that its really needed, since transactions have their own price info. Is there any way to get rid of it in Money, in Quicken, or other? Thanks In Money Plus: Portfolio > Other Tasks > More > Clear historical quotes The process may be different in earlier versions. "JDelMar&q...

moving large amounts of data from one db to another
I have a table that has millions of rows of data in it, which then references another table with millions of referenced (matching by foreign key constraints)... I need to move this data from database A to a new database B, is there any way to do this and preserve the identity columns and their referential integrity?) Thanks! You can't have integrated RI across databases so that part is out. But you can certainly insert and keep the identities. Take a look at SET IDENTITY INSERT in BOL. -- Andrew J. Kelly SQL MVP Solid Quality Mentors "Smokey Grindel"...

Auto Populate a form field
I have two tables with 1:1 relationship. Both have same key field (SS Number). There are two forms, one for each table. When I open Form A there is a button to open Form B. When Form B opens, I want SS Number field to equal the SS Number on the current record in Form A. How do I do this? Thank you in advance. Well, IMO the easiest way would be to make Form B a subform of A, and linking via the common key. Or you could make Form A a tabbed form, and A would be the first tab and B would be the second. Just a couple of random thoughts... "A Bit Frustrated&quo...

Pulling data from multiple worksheets
I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would like to be able to type in a client number on another worksheet and have the client name automatically populate. Look at the Vlookup function or the combination of Index / Match. Vlookup will be a little more straight forward for a first timer but Index / Match is generally speaking a more flexible and less error prone solution. -- HTH... Jim Thomlinson "parthur" wrote: > I have one worksheet with a listing of client numbers and names. I would > like to be able to type in a clie...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

Passing a reference to a textbox to a function
I wrote a generic module so I could reuse it. I pass a textbox to the function, and later on the function updates the value in the textbox that is passed into it. What I can't understand is that Me.txtPressIdLink is Null in Form_Current(). I am trying to pass a reference to the text box, not the Me.txtPressIdLink.value. I guess it uses the default (which is the value), but I want it to pass a reference to the txtPressIdLink control. Thanks. FORM CODE: Private Sub Form_Current() 'Init the Press Navigation variables Call init_PressNavigation(Me!pkJobID, Me.txtPressIdLink) ...

summarise data
I have data on a sheet looking like this 5/5/2004 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 9/5/2004 and I want to summarise this into different cells so that it look like 5/5/2004 7/5/2004 8/5/2004 9/5/2004 i.e. I want to list individual occurances of repeating dates o numbers. Any help would be much appreciated -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Sounds like a job or a Pivot Table perhaps? http://www.ozgrid.com/Excel/excel-pivot-tables.htm ** Posted via: http://www.ozgrid.com Excel Templates, Training, Add-ins & Business Software Galore...

Restoring Public folders to another server
We have a server that has crashed and AD is all up the wop. It was our exchange server (Exchange 2000). We have a new server in place but we can't restore our public folders from backup (Veritas 9.1). Is there a way to restore public folders to a different server or do we have to rebuild the server with all the same names etc.....? In advance thankyou for the help. -- Network Consultant a full recovery server is your only option, unless you go with a 3rd party tool... "pete" <pete@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0DCA3555-EA66-4BCC-AB7C-59896AB02...

Data archive with GP Manufacturing
Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, at least not in the documentation. Don't have an answer for you but we will be doing the same in the next week or so. Will report back when done. "DavidInterDyn" wrote: > Has anyone had experience with any data archive with GP Manufacturing. The > product from Professional Advantage does not support Manufacturing archive, > at least not in the documentation. ...

creating a program that uses data from a sensor....
Hello, I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an electronic circuit). What are the hardware components that would be needed? And what MFC class(es) would I use to accomplish this? Thanks, RABMissouri2006 On 21 Oct 2006 08:10:50 -0700, "RAB" <rabmissouri@yahoo.com> wrote: >Hello, > >I want to create an MFC program that uses parameter values passed to it >from a meter (specifically the resistance in ohms of resisters in an >electronic circuit). What are the ha...

Transfering Outlook Data to a New PC
I've just built a new PC. Currently it has nothing on it other than Windows. When I install Outlook 2003 I'll need to transfer the data from another PC onto it, including all folders, emails and attachments in them and calendar data. What's the easiest and most effective way to do this? Find the PST file and copy it to the new machine and into the appropriate directory, what? Thanks. Copy the pst(s) to the new PC There isnt an appropriate Folder, there is a default folder created when Outlook is installed. http://www.howto-outlook.com/howto/backupandrestore.htm "Marts&q...

Locking of entered data
I haev a form that currently allows you to enter new records and edit existing records. My key field is based on a number entered by the user from another system. Once the number is entered I do not want the user to be able to type over that number but still be aloud to add a new record. I tried the AllowAdditions and AllowEdits in the properties but if I set them to Yes AllowAdditions and No AllowEdits then nothing can be changed. I want them to be able to edit everything but the one field containing the number. Ideas? Glenna, The code I provided would go in the two places that I...

Can I calculate a field with 2 different filter criteria in one q
Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics fields, I'd like to sum metric "a" based on customer name being like "abc" and another sum of metric "a" where the customer name is NOT LIKE "abc" in one query, but I can't seem to figure this out, but, I'm a novice at this. Best I can figure is 2 different queries, then a 3rd query to bring the two together. Thanks -- Jim jimd wrote: >Hi, I have a data source table with a customer name field and various metrics >fields, I'd like to sum metric &...

Programmatically creating a pass-through query
Hi, Is there a way to programmatically create pass-through query in Access 2003? Sub test () Dim db As Database Dim strSQL As String Dim qdfs As QueryDefs Dim qdf As QueryDef strSQL ="Some pass-through SQL statement here" Set db = CurrentDb Set qdfs = db.QueryDefs Set qdf = db.CreateQueryDef("qry_PassThru", strSQL) qdf.SQL = strSQL End Sub But the code about will not create a pass-through query, Access thinks it is a regular Access query. Is there a way to specify ...

how can I split one cell's data into two cells?
I am using Excel as a database, and have a column with cells with a person's name (text) in it...e.g., John Smith. NOW, after the fact, I wish to have a column with just John in it, and another column with just Smith...but I have NO idea how to do this! Help would be appreciated. Thank you. Please refrain from multiposting, you have answers in one of the 4! newsgroups you posted the same question in. Multiposting is frowned upon and even the MS web interface states so -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Excel 95 - Excel 2007 Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com "It ...

Losing data in flashdrive
I am experiencing in losing data in flashdrives. It seems that when files are copied onto flashdrive, I should wait for a while before removing flashdrives from USB port. Does anybody know how long should I wait before unplugging flashdrives. Jorge Are you using the Safely Remove Hardware icon in the notification area? If so, it should tell you when you can remove the drive. ....Alan -- Alan Edwards, MS MVP Windows - Internet Explorer http://dts-l.com/index.htm On Mon, 1 Mar 2010 17:29:25 -0700, in microsoft.public.windowsxp.general, "Jorge Cervantes"...

Create Form Dynamically in VBA
Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can this be done in code on the fly. I also need code that deletes or purges the same form object. thanks for any help. Why? It is not a good idea. Perhaps if you described what you want to do, we can help with a how. -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "Bret" wrote: > Without going into alot of details I need to create thru code and dynamically > a FORM in Datasheet View with a recordsource is an exisiting query. Can th...

Size of Data input mask
How can I change the size of an Excel Input Mask? Do you mean you want to limit (or even check) the number of characters in a cell when the user is entering data? If yes, take a look at Data|Validation|Settings tab|Allow Text Length If no, then you may want to clarify your question more. Juerg Rohner wrote: > > How can I change the size of an Excel Input Mask? -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Merging three publisher documents into one
How do I merge three Publisher documents into one master document? All three are in the same format. Copy and paste. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "jo" <jo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:91582EF0-7004-4BF3-9F40-1B82AE85C1BC@microsoft.com... > How do I merge three Publisher documents into one master document? All > three > are in the same format. ...

Publisher Data Base
Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher data base for mail merge? Since there are close to 1000 entries I do not want to manually add each one. You don't have to convert anything. Use the Excel list for the mail merge. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] "Richard Las Vegas" <Richard Las Vegas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:909EDBF8-26DC-4661-B36C-1D3FE52CB66E@microsoft.com... > Is there any way to convert an existing excel address list to a Publisher > data base for mail merge? Since there are close t...

OnCurrent of Form - Make not visible on condition
I currently have the following code under the onCurrent of my form: Private Sub Form_Current() Dim strSQL As String Dim db As DAO.Database If Me.ID < 0 Then Set db = DBEngine(0)(0) strSQL = "INSERT INTO LastVisitedRecord ( lvCompanyID ) " _ & " VALUES ( " & Me.ID & " ) " db.Execute strSQL Set db = Nothing End If End Sub However, I'd like to add something to it, but have not had success. I'd like the form to evaluate if the NOTES field is empty (which is there but not visible) and if so, make other c...

Extract Information To Another Worksheet
Hi All, I have a worksheet with Colonm Headings and Data below each heading, except the "Column A" (in some cases it has and in some cases it doesnt). I want to extract all rows where there is data in "Column A" to a separate worksheet. The Entire Row should be copied to the new Worksheet once i enter a value in Column A for each record and the new sheet should be frequently updated from the original list, its like a building list. -- M Imran Buhary In a separate, helper, column in row 2 enter: =--ISBLANK(A2) and copy down Then switch on Autofilter and set this n...