Pass value to combo box

I have an unbound text box (txtSaveVal), an unbound combo box
(cboName), and a string variable strSaveVal.

me.txtSaveVal=strSaveVal  ..............  Works fine
me.cboName=strSaveVal   ...............  Does Not Work

I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as
though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key.

Why isn't this working?

0
esee

esee,
    Why are you doing this?
    A combo box is not intended to accept a value from another control,
but provide a means to select a value from a list of values either from a
table,
a query, or a manually entered value list.

> though I had typed it in,

    Then why not just type it into the combo in the first place?

    Please explain in more detail why you're using a text control to
place a value in a combo box.
--
    hth
    Al Campagna

"esee" <iamnubw@gmail.com> wrote in message
>I have an unbound text box (txtSaveVal), an unbound combo box
> (cboName), and a string variable strSaveVal.
>
> me.txtSaveVal=strSaveVal  ..............  Works fine
> me.cboName=strSaveVal   ...............  Does Not Work
>
> I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as
> though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key.
>
> Why isn't this working?

0
Al
2/16/2010 9:33:23 PM
On Feb 16, 2:33=A0pm, "Al Campagna" <newsgro...@comcast.net> wrote:
> esee,
> =A0 =A0 Why are you doing this?
> =A0 =A0 A combo box is not intended to accept a value from another contro=
l,
> but provide a means to select a value from a list of values either from a
> table,
> a query, or a manually entered value list.
>
> > though I had typed it in,
>
> =A0 =A0 Then why not just type it into the combo in the first place?
>
> =A0 =A0 Please explain in more detail why you're using a text control to
> place a value in a combo box.
> --
> =A0 =A0 hth
> =A0 =A0 Al Campagna
> =A0 =A0 Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
> =A0 =A0http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
> =A0 =A0 "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your =
life."

> "esee" <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have an unbound text box (txtSaveVal), an unbound combo box
> > (cboName), and a string variable strSaveVal.
>
> > me.txtSaveVal=3DstrSaveVal =A0.............. =A0Works fine
> > me.cboName=3DstrSaveVal =A0 ............... =A0Does Not Work
>
> > I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as
> > though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key.
>
> > Why isn't this working?

Thanks for responding, Al.

When entering a value in cboName, and executing the "Not in List"
procedure, I pass the value that was entered to a Text Box control on
another Form2.
I then add addition information as necessary on Form2 to update the
underlying table without having to enter the value again from the
cboName on Form1.

This works well.

But this only creates a new value in the table.  I now want to go back
to Form1 and, without retyping the value again, use the value that was
already entered and just press the enter key to select the new value.
I can't get this last part to work.  When I requery or refresh Form1,
then I lose the original value entered.

Do you have a way for me to do this?
0
esee
2/16/2010 9:58:30 PM
esee,
    If you could Top-Post during this thread with me, that would help us
keep the sequence of the problem in order.  Thanks...

    On my website (below), I have a sample 97 and 2003 file called
Not In List Combobox.
    It demonstrates how to add a new value to a combobox, after the
Not In List has fired.
    It updates the underlying table, and the new value is
automatically added to the combo's list... without any need to reenter the
original value.
    You'll just need to add the opening of Form2 within my code sequence.
When you return to Form1 the combo should be all updated and valued.
--

On Feb 16, 2:33 pm, "Al Campagna" <newsgro...@comcast.net> wrote:
> esee,
> Why are you doing this?
> A combo box is not intended to accept a value from another control,
> but provide a means to select a value from a list of values either from a
> table,
> a query, or a manually entered value list.
>
> > though I had typed it in,
>
> Then why not just type it into the combo in the first place?
>
> Please explain in more detail why you're using a text control to
> place a value in a combo box.
> --
> hth
> Al Campagna
> Microsoft Access MVP 2007-2009
> http://home.comcast.net/~cccsolutions/index.html
>
> "Find a job that you love... and you'll never work a day in your life."
>
> "esee" <iamn...@gmail.com> wrote in message

> >I have an unbound text box (txtSaveVal), an unbound combo box
> > (cboName), and a string variable strSaveVal.
>
> > me.txtSaveVal=strSaveVal .............. Works fine
> > me.cboName=strSaveVal ............... Does Not Work
>
> > I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as
> > though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key.
>
> > Why isn't this working?

Thanks for responding, Al.

When entering a value in cboName, and executing the "Not in List"
procedure, I pass the value that was entered to a Text Box control on
another Form2.
I then add addition information as necessary on Form2 to update the
underlying table without having to enter the value again from the
cboName on Form1.

This works well.

But this only creates a new value in the table.  I now want to go back
to Form1 and, without retyping the value again, use the value that was
already entered and just press the enter key to select the new value.
I can't get this last part to work.  When I requery or refresh Form1,
then I lose the original value entered.

Do you have a way for me to do this?

0
Al
2/17/2010 12:19:05 AM
On Feb 16, 5:19=A0pm, "Al Campagna" <newsgro...@comcast.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> > > I simply want to put the value of strSaveVal into the combo box, as
> > > though I had typed it in, BEFORE pressing the enter key.
>
> > > Why isn't this working?
>
> Thanks for responding, Al.
>
> When entering a value in cboName, and executing the "Not in List"
> procedure, I pass the value that was entered to a Text Box control on
> another Form2.
> I then add addition information as necessary on Form2 to update the
> underlying table without having to enter the value again from the
> cboName on Form1.
>
> This works well.
>
> But this only creates a new value in the table. =A0I now want to go back
> to Form1 and, without retyping the value again, use the value that was
> already entered and just press the enter key to select the new value.
> I can't get this last part to work. =A0When I requery or refresh Form1,

I don't know what you mean by Top Post.  I'm using Google Groups and
it seems to be setup to enter my reply at the bottom of the list.

You are not understanding my problem.

FORM1 SQL
SELECT zIngredients.IngredientID, zIngredients.NeedIT,
zIngredients.Ingredient, zIngredients.LocationID
FROM zIngredients
ORDER BY zIngredients.Ingredient;

Private Sub cboName_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
Dim sqlAddState As String, UserResponse As Integer
Beep
UserResponse =3D MsgBox("Do you want to add this value to the list?",
vbYesNo)
    If UserResponse =3D vbYes Then
        sqlAddState =3D "Insert Into qIngredients ([Ingredient]) values
('" & NewData & "')"
        CurrentDb.Execute sqlAddState, dbFailOnError
        Response =3D acDataErrAdded
    Else
        Response =3D acDataErrContinue
    End If
End Sub

When "Not In List" is executed, I get a run-time error 3201, you
cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in
zLocations.

This is why I'm using FORM2, to update zLocations with Ingredient and
a Location.  I then want to go back to FORM1
to select an Ingredient.

0
esee
2/17/2010 1:23:35 AM
esee,
    I can't test your code, but it appears to be OK...

    Sounds like you have a relationship associated with zLocations and
your combo's RowSource table, and that is not allowing the code to
update the combo's RowSource table without zLocations involved.
    And this is correct, because you shouldn't be updating just the Many
side of
a One to Many realtionship.
    Probably, by using Form2, your properly associating that combo table
with
zLocation, and thereby allowing your RowSource table to updated with
zLocations
blessing...

    Refresh Form2 just before closing and Requery the combo on Form1, and...
if necessary, update the combo with the value you just added in Form2 .
    You call that cboName?  I hope you don't have a field named [Name]...
that's a reserved word in Access and should be avoided.
--

On Feb 16, 5:19 pm, "Al Campagna" <newsgro...@comcast.net> wrote:
> [...]
>
> But this only creates a new value in the table. I now want to go back
> to Form1 and, without retyping the value again, use the value that was
> already entered and just press the enter key to select the new value.
> I can't get this last part to work. When I requery or refresh Form1,
> then I lose the original value entered.
>
> Do you have a way for me to do this?

I don't know what you mean by Top Post.  I'm using Google Groups and
it seems to be setup to enter my reply at the bottom of the list.

You are not understanding my problem.

FORM1 SQL
SELECT zIngredients.IngredientID, zIngredients.NeedIT,
zIngredients.Ingredient, zIngredients.LocationID
FROM zIngredients
ORDER BY zIngredients.Ingredient;

Private Sub cboName_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
Dim sqlAddState As String, UserResponse As Integer
UserResponse = MsgBox("Do you want to add this value to the list?",
vbYesNo)
    If UserResponse = vbYes Then
        sqlAddState = "Insert Into qIngredients ([Ingredient]) values
('" & NewData & "')"
        CurrentDb.Execute sqlAddState, dbFailOnError
        Response = acDataErrAdded
    Else
        Response = acDataErrContinue
    End If
End Sub

When "Not In List" is executed, I get a run-time error 3201, you
cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in
zLocations.

This is why I'm using FORM2, to update zLocations with Ingredient and
a Location.  I then want to go back to FORM1
to select an Ingredient.

0
Al
2/17/2010 2:18:21 PM
Is Form2 a subform on Form1, or what exactly?  It may be easier to follow if
you describe the forms.

Is error message 3201 being generated by the Not In List event?  I assume so,
but you didn't specify.  A further assumption is that it happens on the
Execute line of code.

When I have used Not In List to update a table it has been either a lookup
table or a top level table in a relationship hierarchy, so related records do
not come into play.  It sounds as if you need to use the Not In List event to
generate a child record, so first you need to create a parent record.

If that is the case, I think you will need to open a recordset to add the
parent record before using the existing code to update the combo box list.

esee wrote:
>> esee,
>>     If you could Top-Post during this thread with me, that would help us
>[quoted text clipped - 73 lines]
>>
>> Do you have a way for me to do this?
>
>I don't know what you mean by Top Post.  I'm using Google Groups and
>it seems to be setup to enter my reply at the bottom of the list.
>
>You are not understanding my problem.
>
>FORM1 SQL
>SELECT zIngredients.IngredientID, zIngredients.NeedIT,
>zIngredients.Ingredient, zIngredients.LocationID
>FROM zIngredients
>ORDER BY zIngredients.Ingredient;
>
>Private Sub cboName_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
>Dim sqlAddState As String, UserResponse As Integer
>Beep
>UserResponse = MsgBox("Do you want to add this value to the list?",
>vbYesNo)
>    If UserResponse = vbYes Then
>        sqlAddState = "Insert Into qIngredients ([Ingredient]) values
>('" & NewData & "')"
>        CurrentDb.Execute sqlAddState, dbFailOnError
>        Response = acDataErrAdded
>    Else
>        Response = acDataErrContinue
>    End If
>End Sub
>
>When "Not In List" is executed, I get a run-time error 3201, you
>cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in
>zLocations.
>
>This is why I'm using FORM2, to update zLocations with Ingredient and
>a Location.  I then want to go back to FORM1
>to select an Ingredient.

BruceM
2/17/2010 2:29:58 PM
On Feb 17, 7:29=A0am, "BruceM via AccessMonster.com" <u54429@uwe> wrote:
> Is Form2 a subform on Form1, or what exactly? =A0It may be easier to foll=
ow if
> you describe the forms.
>
> Is error message 3201 being generated by the Not In List event? =A0I assu=
me so,
> but you didn't specify. =A0A further assumption is that it happens on the
> Execute line of code.
>
> When I have used Not In List to update a table it has been either a looku=
> table or a top level table in a relationship hierarchy, so related record=
s do
> not come into play. =A0It sounds as if you need to use the Not In List ev=
ent to
> generate a child record, so first you need to create a parent record.
>
> If that is the case, I think you will need to open a recordset to add the
> parent record before using the existing code to update the combo box list=
..

> esee wrote:
> >> esee,
> >> =A0 =A0 If you could Top-Post during this thread with me, that would h=
elp us
> >[quoted text clipped - 73 lines]
>
> >> Do you have a way for me to do this?
>
> >I don't know what you mean by Top Post. =A0I'm using Google Groups and
> >it seems to be setup to enter my reply at the bottom of the list.
>
> >You are not understanding my problem.
>
> >FORM1 SQL
> >SELECT zIngredients.IngredientID, zIngredients.NeedIT,
> >zIngredients.Ingredient, zIngredients.LocationID
> >FROM zIngredients
> >ORDER BY zIngredients.Ingredient;
>
> >Private Sub cboName_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
> >Dim sqlAddState As String, UserResponse As Integer
> >Beep
> >UserResponse =3D MsgBox("Do you want to add this value to the list?",
> >vbYesNo)
> > =A0 =A0If UserResponse =3D vbYes Then
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0sqlAddState =3D "Insert Into qIngredients ([Ingredient])=
 values
> >('" & NewData & "')"
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0CurrentDb.Execute sqlAddState, dbFailOnError
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Response =3D acDataErrAdded
> > =A0 =A0Else
> > =A0 =A0 =A0 =A0Response =3D acDataErrContinue
> > =A0 =A0End If
> >End Sub
>
> >When "Not In List" is executed, I get a run-time error 3201, you
> >cannot add or change a record because a related record is required in
> >zLocations.
>
> >This is why I'm using FORM2, to update zLocations with Ingredient and
> >a Location. =A0I then want to go back to FORM1
> >to select an Ingredient.

ms.aspx/access-forms/201002/1

Okay, I'll try my best to provide you with the necessary information
to help me.  Keep in mind, that this is working fine except for one
minor little thing that I want to happen.  I'll show you code and then
make comments as to what happens, and what I want to happen.

FORM1 Record Source SQL
SELECT zIngredients.IngredientID, zIngredients.NeedIT,
zIngredients.Ingredient, zIngredients.LocationID
FROM zIngredients
ORDER BY zIngredients.Ingredient;

cboName is an unbound combo box with the following Row Source
SELECT qIngredients.IngredientID, qIngredients.Ingredient
FROM qIngredients
ORDER BY qIngredients.Ingredient;

cboName has a " On Not In List" event as follows:
Private Sub cboName_NotInList(NewData As String, Response As Integer)
Dim byt As Byte, stDocName As String
    If OldNewData =3D NewData Then
        OldNewData =3D ""
        End
    Else
        OldNewData =3D NewData
    End If
    Me.Text23 =3D NewData
   Me.cboName.Undo
   byt =3D MsgBox("Do you want to add a new Ingredient to the Lookup
Table?", vbYesNo)
   If byt =3D vbYes Then
      Response =3D acDataErrContinue
      stDocName =3D "frmAddIngredients2"
      DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, acNormal, , , acFormAdd
   End If
End Sub

Text23 saves the value entered in cboName for use on FORM2

FORM2 Record Source SQL
SELECT zIngredients.IngredientID, zIngredients.NeedIT,
zIngredients.Ingredient, zIngredients.LocationID
FROM zIngredients
ORDER BY zIngredients.Ingredient;

The On Load Event of FORM2
Private Sub Form_Load()
    If CurrentProject.AllForms("ShoppingList").IsLoaded Then
        strWhichForm =3D "ShoppingList"
        Me.Ingredient.Value =3D Forms![ShoppingList]![Text23]
    End If
End Sub

This fills the text box "Ingredient" with the saved value that fired
the "On Not In List" event on FORM1
I then specify the Location that this Ingredient belongs to, and exit
FORM2.  I now have a new ingredient that can be used on FORM1

When I exit FORM2, FORM1 fires the Activate Event, which does a
Refresh, and Requery.  The new ingredient is now available to be used
by FORM1.

THE MINOR PROBLEM
I do not want to manually enter the New Ingredient again.  I want to
somehow fill the cboName with the New Ingredient, and then press enter
to move on to the next field.  Minor problems are worth fixing too...

Thanks for any help you may provide.
0
esee

Combo boxes #12
I have a combo box in a form that lists all of the countries. I am trying to set it up so that if the user presses the first letter, it goes to the name of the first country with that letter and then if they press the same letter again, it goes to the next country that begins with that letter. I have the first part working, but the second part is not working. I press a letter once and it goes to the first country beginning with that letter, but when I press it again, it doesn't go to the next one. Is there a property to set in the form for that combo box to make it do this? -- LAF ...

mail.comcast.net box to enter username and password pops up every 15 seconds
I have a remote user/co-worker that has Comcast email. Every 15 seconds (we literally timed it) a box asking for a username and password pops up. I had him call Comcast for help, and they said it's a VPN issue, and they can't help. Any ideas on how to get this annoyance to go away? I'm terrible at remote help, and he's very computer illiterate :). Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Jilly Jilly <Jilly4@gmail.com> wrote: > I have a remote user/co-worker that has Comcast email. Every 15 > seconds (we literally timed it) a box asking for a username and &g...

stretch text box very very little
In publisher on a calendar I use text box in the date square. Some I can stretch a very very little others stretch too much. How do I make them all so I can stretch them very very little. That way I can get them very close to the date box line and not go pass it. heritageheath wrote: > In publisher on a calendar I use text box in the date square. Some I can > stretch a very very little others stretch too much. How do I make them all > so I can stretch them very very little. That way I can get them very close > to the date box line and not go pass it. I'm entirely ...

alter the content of the from box in a message
in outlook my "from" box automatically defaults to the email from me and that is the email address issued to me by my ISP that I entered at inception. I want my default email to read a different email which corresponds not to my ISP but to my web site and email service by my web hosters? for example my outlook says that my emails are from blanchard@btinternet.com in my signature block i type my small company details and include my company website and my email which is mail@blanchardcon.com etc how do i get this email to appear as a default in the "from" box? Enter i...

Dynamic Value in Workflows
Hello, I am creating some workflows and I want to set a value in an Account Entity based on a value in the Opportunity Entity. I believe I should be able to use the Dynamic value wizard within Workflow manager - i.e. select Account and the filed and select = and then go to Dynamic Value and select Opportunity and the field that I want the value to inherit on change of status. However when I do this I can only select Account within the Dynamic Value picklist. Any ideas? Dynamic Values are only available to children of Parent entities. Since Accounts are at the top of the CRM food c...

restoring exchange 2000 SBS stores to a differnt exchange box...
We are looking at dumping our SBS 2000 box and would like to set up a different win2K box with just the std version of exchange 2000 until such time as we can afford to upgrade to the newest version of exchange. I need to get this up and running asap.Can I setup my new win2k server, running the regular version of exchange 2000 and then once setup restore my sbs exchange 2000 information stores to this new box running the regular version of exchange 2000?? Are the information stores in the sbs 2000 version of exchange the same as the std version of exchange 2000 or will I run ...

Vlookup from Combo Box
Hello, I am trying to use the Vlookup function from a Combo Box. The combo box will contain currencies (USD, JPY, EUR). Once a user selects a currency, the lookup will use that currency to find the exchange rate from a table. Something like this =VLOOKUP("Forms.ComboBox1",Currency!A1:B4,Currency!B18,FALSE) Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks ACase If it's a Combo Box from the Control Toolbox toolbar, you can set the "LinkedCell" property (right-click on the combo box and go into "Properties") to a worksheet cell. When the user makes a select...

which table Picklist integer value stored?
Hi there, Which database table pick list interger values stored? thanks Kyaw this query will list all the pick list integervalues and attribute name select AttributeName,AttributeValue,Value from StringMap // for account WHERE (StringMap.ObjectTypeCode=1) //for contact WHERE (StringMap.ObjectTypeCode=2) attributename will tell u about the name of the picklist attribute value is the intigers and values are what u can see on the form i think this will help u ...

AutoFill Changing Wrong Value
I'm trying to create an analysis sheet that gathers data from 100 worksheets within the same workbook. I want the same cell reference in each sheet, but to change the sheet number in each cell. The worksheets are named 1 - 100 Here is the formula: ='1'!B3:E3 It changes the cell references only, not the worksheets. I've changed the formula to keep the cell references: ='1'!$B$3:$E$3 I now need the formula to increment the sheet number each time, PLEASE!!! Thanks, Lisa Presumably you want to sum data from that range? Try this: =3DSUM(INDIR...

How set totals of various cells with per colour fill value?
I have a sheet containing values as follows. April May June company 1 43 company 2 5 company 3 17 The cell values are also coured to indice a status. Somewhere beside the table I want to mention the totals of the cells, per status (so per colour). How to perform the latter? Thank you. Bart Excell 2003 See http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.ColourCounter.html for a working solution -- HTH Bob Phillips (remove xxx from email address if mailing direct) "AA Arens" <bartvandongen@gmail.com> wrote in mes...

how can we transfer data from child dialog box to parent Dialog Box. #2
hi guys, i have created modalless child dialog box by parent dialogbox using UI Thread . now i want to do 2 things first i want to transfer CPoint variable from child to parent and second i want to call OnLButtonDown() function of parent DialogBox. i have hint but not proper please help me to complete this one. SendMessage(m_pParent, WM_LBUTTONDOWN, x,y); // from child side void CHRS_MoleDlg::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) //on parent dialog box first of all tell me is it possible if yes then what will be "x" and "y" so that they can convert into CPoint v...

Getting the "name=" (bit, picklist) value that is returned from SOAP
Hi all, I am getting several fields via a Web service request in javascript in an OnChange event to poulate other field on a case. One of those fields is a bit, and one is a picklist. Those nodes in the response come back with <attribute="new_active" name="true">1</attribute> for the bit field and <attribute="status" name="On Hold">3</attribute> How can I read the name value? I've tried selectSingleNode("//status").name with no luck. Thanks! I am doing a similar process, using a SOAP response message. I ge...

Using Drop Down box that can be edited
Hi, I have created a form in Word 2007, but would like to have the drop down box I created to also be overwritten by the user if the items in the drop box doesn't include their choice. Thanks fjcunninghamjr One possibility would be to replace one of the items in the list with a user input item. You could do this with a macro run on exit from the dropdown field Assuming the dropdown field Dropdown1, put an item at the end of the dropdown list "Enter your own value" then run the following macro on exit from that field Dim sChoice As String Dim fDD As FormFie...

Drawing a selection box using CRectTracker
Hello, I have an MFC SDI CView application and I want to draw an selection box when the user left clicks and move the mouse. I have found the CRectTracker class but I can't get it to work I have this code: void CSCMLaserView2::OnLButtonDown(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { SetCapture(); m_startPt = point; m_theRectTracker.TrackRubberBand(this,point,TRUE); } void CSCMLaserView2::OnLButtonUp(UINT nFlags, CPoint point) { //Release the capture on the mouse ReleaseCapture(); CSCMLaserDoc* pDoc = GetDocument(); ASSERT(pDoc != NULL); CClientDC dc(this); OnPrepareDC(&dc); // Co...

Hiding Returned Value of hlookup
Okay, this is a tough one... (At least for me) I'm using the hlookup formula to import the starting times and ending times of employees on a daily assignment sheet. I'm compiling all the times onto a weekly schedule where each individual's hours for the week are added up. Now, I've done all this, but I get #NA when a particular employee is not on a certain day. I'm currently using IF and ISERROR to convert the #NA to "0", which allows the sheet to properly add up the hours being used by each employee. Now, I need to be able to hide the zeros so I can pri...

Counting Different Values
Well here we go, i have coloum B which has the name of the person and column F has the number now i want to have a summary page which has : Name & Number from the other page counted up. For Example: Robert Smith 10 Robert Smith XX Jim Smith 10 Jim Cox 10 Jim Cox XX Jim Cox 10 and on the summary page it has: Robert Smith - 10 Total: 1 Robert Smith - XX Total: 1 J...

Help with counting values that have different endings
Hi guys, i just joined SQLMONSTER and was wondering if you guys can help me with this problem... I have 10 columns and 8,000,000 rows which have stock ticker names and exchange tickers-like the following: [Column A] AQR.L GDY.LS NBAE.LS (blank) 0023CA.S FOR.L AQR.KZ ... ... How do I find the number of unique ticker names in my database and disregard the .L, .LS, .S, .L, .KZ endings (because I am looking for the unique tickers, not the exchange). I.E., I want the values counted to be only AQR, GDY, NBAE, 0023CA, FOR or 5 values (I don't want AQR to be counted twice becau...

Updating Subform check box from Mainform check box
Hello, I've always found this site extremely helpful for figuring out my Access problems but this one has me stumped. Forgive me, since I do not know how to write code. I have a Mainform called Open PO Main Form that is linked to a subform called Open PO Sub Form by a field called CustomerPONumber. I would like my user to be able to check off the box called DELIVERED on the Main Form and have it automatically check off the box called SUBDELIVERED on the Subform. Any help that you could offer would be greatly appreciated! Lemonade Lemonade, You may want to try setting the control...

Modal and Modeless dialog boxes
I have a modeless dialog box and also modal dialog box in some application. When both appear I would expect the modal box to eliminate any access apart from it but I can access the modeless as well and it could get focus just as the other box. Is that normal or am doing something wrong? Can I force the focus to be only on the modal box? Thanks Gil Gil wrote: > I have a modeless dialog box and also modal dialog box in some application. > When both appear I would expect the modal box to eliminate any access apart > from it but I can access the modeless as well and it could ge...

how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combobox.
hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i don't want to select already exist data in list box of combobox. please help me. raghunandan_1081@yahoo.com wrote: > hi guys, how r u, can you please tell me how we can retrieve the value > of edit control of combo box. actually i want to allow the user to > input data in the combobox and then save this data in the database. i > don't want to select already exist da...

Multiple If True Values?
Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and if a certain combination of values exists, change the format of another cell? Any help would be much appreciated. Thank You. Start by experimenting with Format|Conditional Formatting Then come back if more help is needed best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Lee" <Lee@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:07DC594F-6045-4A81-B8B9-19F295A2AAA5@microsoft.com... > Does anyone know of a way to check for a value in two different cells, and &g...

SEARCH BOX
First thank you in advance for any help. I want to put a search box on the first sheet of my program to enter data, either a name or an assigned number, and have it search for and go to that line of information on another sheet. Can I do this or do you have another suggestion? This should do it. Change sheet name and column numbers to suit Sub nameornumberfind() With Sheets("sheet34") mv = InputBox("Enter name or number") If IsNumeric(mv) Then 'MsgBox "number" mc = 4 Else 'MsgBox "text" mc = 1 End If Set mf = .Columns(mc).fi...

sent mail appears in my in-box
How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send also going to my in-box? Thank you in advance Under Tools->Options->Preferences->Email Options->Advanced Email Options, do you have the box checked to save mail in the same folder? Do you have any rules that affect mail after it is sent? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: TopCat <topcat@vettenut.com> asked: | How can I change settings to prevent e-mail that I send | also going to my in-box? | | Tha...

Stored Procedure with array of values
I have the query below in a stored procedure in MS SQL 2005 server. My problem is that I would like to be able to pass in multiple questionID values. So I would like to replace A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber with a method where I can pass in a list of question numbers. For example instead of passing in 286 I would like to pass in 286, 289, 412, and 513. The number of values passed in would vary from 1 to 15 or 20. I imagine the line A.QuestionID = @QuestionNumber would be edited to something along the lines of A.QuestionID IN ( @QuestionNumber ) SELECT Coun...

dialogue box
Can anyone offer help: When I click on the "new" tab in outlook a dialogue box comes up that says " A dialogue box is open. close it and try again". I don't have anything else open. Any ideas?? See http://www.msoutlook.info/question/118 -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads, Add-Ins and more http://www.msoutlook.info/ Real World Questions, Real World Answers ----- "Elliott" <Elliott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:EBE71DB2-CC86-...