Option Box radio button wont select

I'm must be missing something very simple but...
I have an option box in the footer of a continous form. I'll use the option
box to set the filter property on the continous form. The problem is the
first radio buttton in the group is selected when the form opens and I'm not
able to select any of the options.
The option group is unbound, nothing in the Control source.
Also if I remove the default value of 1 I am not able to select any radio
buttons in the group.

Thanks,
Rick

I would create a second option group next to the 1st, make it just basic, ie
don't go to fancy formatting trouble. Set it to do the same things as the
one that doesn't work. See if the new one works OK. If it does, just delete
the 1st one.

Jeanette Cunningham

"rd" <rd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm must be missing something very simple but...
> I have an option box in the footer of a continous form. I'll use the
> option
> box to set the filter property on the continous form. The problem is the
> first radio buttton in the group is selected when the form opens and I'm
> not
> able to select any of the options.
> The option group is unbound, nothing in the Control source.
> Also if I remove the default value of 1 I am not able to select any radio
> buttons in the group.
>
> Thanks,
> Rick

0
Jeanette

Working with the current selection
Bit of a newbie question here. I've written a bit of VBA that I want to work over whatever column of cells I have selected. For example, I might want to run it on A1 to A8 but on another occasion I might want it to run on A9 to A20. I currently input the range via input boxes, could anyone advise on the syntax I should use to use the currently selected cells? Many thanks. "Keith Wilby" <here@there.com> wrote in message news:4b0289a1$1_1@glkas0286.greenlnk.net... > Bit of a newbie question here. > > I've written a bit of VBA that I want...

Seeking way to "Select All" when trying to Run Rules Now
I have dozens and dozens of rules. Is there someway, other than checking each one individually to run them ALL when choosing the Run Rules Now feature? Thanks! Ben -- Teachers Live Forever! There is in Outlook 2007 (VBA code), but not earlier versions.=20 --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "Ben Feese" <feese(notthis)@maysvilleky...

Specific Text Box
I have an BeforeUpdate HandleError msg that pops up when a box that is required has been left Blank, in the same code could I place a goto function for that text box that needs input. Use the SetFocus method -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "phuser" wrote: > I have an BeforeUpdate HandleError msg that pops up when a box that is > required has been left Blank, in the same code could I place a goto function > for that text box that needs input. > > > ...

Bitmaps on Buttons #2
Hi. I am displaying a bitmap on a button. In the bit map editor, the uncolored bits around the edges of the "picture" are white. When I perform: m_stopBitmap.LoadBitmap (IDB_BITMAP_STOP); c_buttonStop.SetBitmap (m_stopBitmap); The bitmap is displayed but the white bits show up. I would like them to be transparent. Is there a way to do this with CBitmap and CButton members or do I have to use BitBlt() somewhere like OnPaint() or OnCtrlColor() ? I've tried to use LoadMappedBitMap() and played with parameters but I can't seem to get the behavior that I need. Thanks alo...

e-mail send button not working
I have noticed in the past week that the send button on messages to contact in Outlook does not send the message. When I go to close the message it asks to 'save'. I click yes. it is 'saved' but the message is not sent. when I go to the Drafts folder the message is there. I open it and try to send and it doesn't send the message. any thoughts on what I could have changed to give me this problem? Gordon in Alaska ...

Unable to Select Controls in Design View
Hello all, I just started working with MS Access 2007 and am unable to select individual control objects in design view in a form. When I click on an individual control (in this case, text boxes) a yellow margin appears around the object and any changes I make to the object happens to all other objects that are above and below it. No handles appear around the object as pictured in the manual. The table I created has around 30 fields. When I created the form the fields appeared, in the detail section,as two columns of text box controls with their labels. Help! Don't run 2...

If..Then to Select Case

Out of Ofc Assistant & Block Sender Options
I have been looking for Microsoft Outlook versions that have both the Out of Office Assistant and Block Sender options. I know I've seen them and I have a new computer with Office 2000 Premier on it but it doesn't seem to have either. How can I get an update or whatever that has these two options? My Outlook version is SR-1 (9.0.0.4527) ...

Media Player wont play videos!!!!
Basically i have always been able to upload videos from my mobile to media player fine! Then a couple of weeks ago i got an ipof and downloaded itunes and quicktime player! Just went to upload a video today and it wont play on media play (It will on quicktime) but it has to be a media play file format to work on a powerpoint presentation!!! I really need it for Coursework and it keeps coming up with the following messge 'Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The player may not support the file type or might not support the codec that was used to compress the file' Wh...

Submit All and Submit Selected not working in PWA "MyTasks" WebPar
Strangely on Project Web Access site in out of the box MyTasks web part we have following two issues. 1. We are not getting time phased view cell editable, what settings should be in place to make do the tiem sheet entry from my tasks web part ? 2. Submit All and Submit Selected button are not submiting any updates to the proejct manger , on click of these button simply the page gets refreshed and that is it. It does not save or submit any task details, Any idea ? Thank you. Nikhil Hi Nikhil, 1. To get timephased entry, you will need 2 things: a. Server Settings...

3 format cell tabs hidden in excel dialog box
When I right click on the cell and go to format cells instead of seeing 6 tabs as usual I see three tabs and the other three are on a lower level and covered by the information in the dialog box. I can only see the very top edge of the tabs. Any ideas what could be causing this? If you're using Excel 97, and making copies of copies of worksheets, you may hit a limit, because of the way the sheets are being numbered in the background. If that's the case, try copying one of the first sheets, instead of the last one. pjbjamison wrote: > When I right click on the cell and g...

how do i get rid of the text box outline around my text?
I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text than you're filling your messages :o) And you just need to read the help files, read the manuals, and look for a button marked Line Color. Set it to No Line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm > "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message > news:%23bdlu9isEHA.3460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text > than you'r...

Status Selection
I have set up an Access file which includes over 500 records of employees who have attended a required training class. They have two chances to pass, and the information is indicated as follows: Passed first training. (Y/N) Passed first exam. (Y/N) Eligible to attend second training. (Y/N) Passed second exam. (Y/N) However, there are those who signed up for the 1st class but had to cancel for any reason wherein this information is included in the Status field information. I finally was able to set up the query criteria for the Y/N columns, but the Status field only appears for those fou...

Linking a Message Box to a cell value
Okay, this is probably the worst way to do things, but I want to link cell value to a message box. I am basically going to use the messag box as a method of data validation. If the data value of the cel exceeds a certain data range, then the message box should pop up an alert the user that his input data is "out-of-range" I can't really use the data validation approach. I have a drop dow menu next to the input data cell to allow for different input units. This drop down menu is used along with conversion factors to a specifi unit that I want to use in my calculations. The ...

Adding a "CLEAR" button to the worksheet
On my worksheet I would like to add a"CLEAR" button that would delete the contents of multiple cells. Go to View/Toolbars/Control Toolbox/Click on the command button icon and place on the sheet. Right click the button and place this code into it (Change the cell reference to the cells you want to affect). Then change the range to suit. Code: -------------------- Sheets("sheet1").Activate Range("a2,d2,f2,h2").Select Selection.ClearContents -------------------- Come out of design view and test. Make sure to test this on a copy. Larry -- kei...

Blinking box
Hi With this little piece of code - from the wonderfull net - i manage to make a little boks. I want to make this window always appears on top of all other application - how do I attach this property? Can I make this little red box background blinking? The purpose is to have a "warning box" on the screen that must never be covered by another application Cheers ****************************************************************************** Dim oIE set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") wsh.echo ButtonBox("Msgboxtest", "Black&...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

Newline in an edit box
Can anyone tell me how I store a new line in a CString and then assign that to an edit box? Currently I have tried things like: CString sTmp("This is a \ Test"); or CString sTmp("This is a \nTest"); SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT_TEST, sTmp); but I keep getting | instead of a new line. Thanx John The One "The One" <TheOne@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:Xns940BCE9B9C2CTheOnenowhere@207.46.248.16... > Can anyone tell me how I store a new line in a CString and then assign that > to an edit box? Currently I have tried things like: > > CString sTm...

Money 2007 file wont update from one computer to another
Ok, I have a desktop with Vista and laptop with XP home. I use the notebook when Im away at work and the Vista desktop when Im home. When I got home I wanted my money file from the notebook to be transfered to the desktop but... when I copy the file from the notebook to my external USB HD and then paste it to the desktop to replace the existing one the file does not reflect changes made on the file version on the notebook. When I copy the file from the notebook to the USB HD and then open it it shows one balance. but when I then paste that file to the desktop it shows a different balan...

Client Safety Options #2
I get a Client Safety Options error when importing OLAP Cube into Excel - Client Safety Options do not allow pass through statements to be issued to the data source. Please help. ...

Check Box Center
How do I center a Yes/No Check Box under a label? The label is in the form header and the check box is in the detail section. The fields are arranged using the stacked option. Thanks In design view was the ruller of no help? -- Build a little, test a little. "Brian T" wrote: > How do I center a Yes/No Check Box under a label? The label is in the form > header and the check box is in the detail section. The fields are arranged > using the stacked option. > > Thanks after you've used the stacked option to line the boxes up, turn it of...

How do I make text italic in a publisher text box?
I've copied an item into publisher. The font automatically changed. I changed the font back to what is was originally. That worked, along with items that were once again bold. However, the entire text WAS italicized and now it's not. How do I italicize my text now? Select the text and italicize it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "81gator" <81gator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35607A56-CAE8-4E6D-8FD3-FC6545B2AA9A@microsoft.com... > I've copied an item into pu...

Settings Button (administrator features) Missing in Web Brower Cli
The Settings option in the web Browser client is missing on one machine but not on others. I deleted the cookies and restarted the browser and the Setting Button appears. Does anyone have a suggestion for how to correct the problem without deleting all cookies? Mark Nabors Hi Mark, I have noticed this too. It is very frustrating. I have read a post that says that this is a conflict between the web client and the outlook client. I think that the outlook client creates the cookie so that settings does not appear in the web client and not the outlook client. Supposedly this woul...

print button #4
I have a spresdsheet of 5 pages. I only want to print certai highlighted columns,(always the same ones). can i put a button with macro to print them off when i want them without highkighting them al every time??? -- Cavema ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Caveman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48616 Good morning caveman You can do this yourself, and learn about macros to boot. Tools > Macros > Record new macro Then hide th...

the right button of mouse cant do nothing
Please anybody can tellme why when I point on any cell of any exce file, and try to do one click with my right button on my mouse, don showme the options ? because my right button dont do nothing, and if I want to format an specific cell, I need to go to "Format" and then the options on th menu bar... In the past this option its working very well, but today its gone !! can any body tellme what its happening ? ( my mouse its working good i other programs or on windows ) thanks :rolleyes -- rapidito7884 ----------------------------------------------------------------------- rapidi...