Opening a dialog in a more helpful position

I have the following line in a button event on FormA:

     DoCmd.OpenForm "FormB", WindowMode:=acDialog

This opens FormB in the EXTREME upper left of the Access window, where
the user will probably miss it.  Is there a way to make FormB open in
the middle of FormA?

Thanks,
Tom

0
tryit

If you open the form in Design View, and go to properties, on the
Format tab, there is an option to "Auto Center".  Set that to yes and
the form will automatically open to the middle of your screen.
5
ghetto_banjo

leading zero value help
Hello, I have two tables with a text field and the value in the field range from 50 to 9999. 50 is 2 characters, 100 is 3 characters and 9999 is 4 characters. I ran into a problem when referencing these values in calculation. How or what can I do to put two leading zero to 2 character field and one zero to 3 character field on all existing records? (Maybe a macro, I don't know) There are currently over 2000 records so it is sufficent to manually change them all. Any help is appreciated. Example: 50 = 0050 200 = 0200 950 = 0950 >>I ran into a problem when referencing thes...

Please help. Question about querying a subform
I asked this yesterday and see all kinds of questions around me being answered and suppose i just did not word this correctly. I have a table of lab results. It is related to my patient table. It is a one-to-many relationship. I have a date field, which is the date of last labs. I am trying to build a query that will pull only the most previous lab from each patient, with the criteria of it having been more than 6 months ago. I do not want to pull lab dates from 10 months ago, if there is one within the last 6 months. This is for a Dr and it is a priority that I get it d...

Office apps won't open, report Office in use by another use
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.4 (Tiger) Processor: Intel A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that "An Office program is being used by "user." your installation exceeds the number of installations permitted by thelicense agreement. Click More Information to learn about Microsoft Office licensing." But OFFICE ISN'T BEING USED BY ANYONE. All computers have been restarted to no avail. HELP! <sakas@officeformac.com> wrote: > A few days ago, our Office applications started showing the report that > "An Office p...

Newbie
Hi all I am not sure if this is able to be done, but I will explain what I am trying to do: I have the following cells: Worksheet 0 A B C D E 1 2 3 4 5 A B C D E 6 7 8 9 10 Where: A1 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 1 B2 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 2 C3 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 3 D4 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 4 E5 = Calculation in row 1 worksheet 5 and A6 = Calculation in row 2 worksheet 1 B7 = Calculation in row 2 worksheet 2 C8 = Calculation in row 2 worksheet 3 D9 = Calc...

Opening Email Program in IE8
When I try to open my email program with the envelope icon on my IE8 toolbar I get the error message: cannot perform this operation because the default email client is not properly installed. This was working fine and suddenly stopped. How can I correct? Always state your full Windows version (e.g., WinXP SP3; Vista SP1; Vista 64-bit SP2; Win7; Win7 64-bit) when posting in a forum or newsgroup. Please do so in your next reply. Also state your default Mail Client (e.g., Outlook Express; Windows Mail; Outlook; Thunderbird; Windows Live Mail; Yahoo Mail). -- ~Robear Dyer (PA...

outlook2003 help
Hi, all: I have a big 2gb file outlook.pst of outlook 2000, I could no longer work with this file in outlook2000. I know the file limit in 2003 is bigger, so I wonder I could use the 2003 open this file and still be ablt to modify it, as for now in 2000, I can read the information but not to modify like tasks. any help will be very much appreciated. thanks. David No you cannot. The file must be open to export to Outlook 2003 so you will have truncate the file first with the repair utility. You will still lose part of the pst file even if you eventually export to Outlook 2003. &quo...

standard color dialog box inside another dialog box
Hi, does anybody know if it is possible to place a standard color dialog box inside another dialog box? I'm using the MFC library. Any snippets of code are welcomed. Pawel ...

please help
I am a long time member of this newsgroup, but I've recently ran into some financial problems http://www.geocities.com/bumpcycle/donations.html ...

Outlook 2007 Auto open email from known sender
There are a few people in my contact list with whom I need to keep in constant contact. A nice feature would be, for those individuals I trust, to automatically open email on my desktop, or at least to make the auto-notification window persistent. Thanks, Jeff ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader a...

Outlook 2003 Bcm Cannot open outlook
Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB Is there a fix for this error? Cortexmann wrote: > Contact Manger has encountered a problem and need to be closed. Event > Type:BCM P1:mapi P2: Typeinitializationexception P3: 1.0.2002.1 > P4:11.0.8118 P5:nativemsproviderinit P6:msproviderinit P7:D40099TB > Is there a fix for this error? Any changes to the system between when it worked and when it didn't work,...

Modeless Dialog is not allowing the parent Modal dialog
Hi Everybody, I have created one modeless dialog for showing the alarms. It's parent dialog is Modal dialog. I minimized both the dialogs and some alarms are already there on my modeless dialog. Now, when I try to maximize the parent dialog (Modal). It is not even showing me the maximize option. It is just maximizing my child dialog (Modeless). When I close the child dialog then only I get the maximize option for the parent dialog. I am using PostMessage from the Parent dialog to dump the alarms on my Child (modeless) dialog. Someone told me this is default behaviour of modeless d...

Help! #6
I have a spreadsheet which consists of a separate worksheet for each month. Each worksheet is holding data about the number of days a person is absent and the number of occasions. For example, if a person has a whole week off this will show as 5 days absent on one occasion. At the end of each sheet is a column with totals the number of days and another totals the number of columns. This data is then transferred to a summary sheet which comprises pairs of colums containg the total days lost in each month, and the total instances each month. My problem comes when somebody is absent over ...

please help 12-22-09
I am having trouble with my form pulling info from my query. It will run fine if I don't have the forms!formname!controlname there but once I add that it won't pull at all. Does anybody have a clue why its not pulling? On Tue, 22 Dec 2009 06:44:01 -0800, MsWatts <MsWatts@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I am having trouble with my form pulling info from my query. I think you mean "my query pulling info from my form." >It will run fine >if I don't have the forms!formname!controlname there but once I add that it >won't pull at al...

running macro when workbook is openned
I have the following macro it should run when the workbook is opened. I keep getting an error message. Any ideas. Isthere something that is missing Option Explicit Sub Update() With Sheet5 ActiveSheet.Unprotect Application.EnableEvents = False If UserForm4.CheckBox60.Value = True Then Sheet5.ComboBox3.Visible = True Sheet5.Label5.Visible = True Sheet5.TextBox29.Visible = True Sheet6.ComboBox3.Visible = True Else UserForm4.CheckBox60.Value = False Sheet5.ComboBox3.Visible = False Sheet5.Label5.Visible = False Sheet5.TextBox29.Visible = False Sheet6.ComboBox3.Visible = F...

Excel to XML: Need some help fine tuning a macro
Hey all, I've downloaded a Macro http://meadinkent.co.uk/ and have been editing it get the exported XML to appear as required, however I can't seem to get the 2 of my fields to display correctly. There are two fields which have numbers in but are formatted as text because I do not want them rounded up. One cell has -0.08162498 in it and in the exported XML doesn't even appear. Another cell has 51.51891794 in it and in the exported XML appears as 52. My question is how can I get the information to appear as I've typed it in rather then rounding it? I have cha...

Quick debugging help needed
I'm on a 2-hour deadline to get this sub working, and, since I'm new to VBA, I don't know enough to know which particular very stupid thing I'm doing. Having said that, if some kind soul can point me in the right direction to fix this, blessings will be upon your head. This stops in 'week2' with runtime error 424 - Object required - it's working on a scheduling worksheet and is looking for overtime hours in particular cases - hence the values 1, 2 or 3 in column W in rows where column AT is X. I know I don't yet know if number values require ""...

error in excel help. how to select a cell after clicking the Select All button?
Hello "To see all the relationships on a worksheet, in an empty cell type = (equal sign), and then click the Select All button. Select the cell, and press Trace Precedents twice." is written in Excel 2002 help. It's not possible to "Select the cell" following the procedure. Or How to "select the cell" in the procedure? begin 666 0486.gif M1TE&.#EA%0`4`)$``/___V9XI0```)D`F2'Y! ``````+ `````5`!0```)* MC(^I`>T/GP&BUHBG<'MCIW%-]VF61Z'0A%DE,[:GQU+M@ \T,T-"KFO45)P> @8/AP96"R5TI)6MIBQ$@H]I'P3EEM-UO[KA9D10$`.P`` ` end Ma...

Cannot open database ?
Hi Got a database at work I wrote in 2003, brought a copy home to modify and use here. Now got Access 2007, can load initial form (switchboard) but none of the command buttons work. Can get to design view, all queries and tables run okay. Looked on Tools\User & Group Permissions - Open/Run is the only disabled button on the forms only. All tables, macros etc. all buttons enabled. Access has the Open/Run button disabled. Any idea how I can enable it and run my database please? Thank you Al On Sat, 30 Jan 2010 08:16:01 -0800, Al9315 <Al9315@discussions.microsoft.com>...

Formatting Numbers Help #2
Hi there! Is it possible to type 1210 into a cell and have it formatted with a decimal automatically placed to make it 12.10. If so is it possible to have it summed in another cell to =Sum(A1:A3) in which you have 1210 entered in all three cells... the total would be 3630 formatted as 36.30 Is this possible? Thanks Craig Using Tools | Options, opening the Edit tab and setting Fixed Decimal ON and set to 2 you can enter 1210 and have 12.10 appear in the cell. However, this will apply to ALL cells in all books that you open until you reset the option As for the SUM() questions...

Security Dialog Box
The message "Do you want to show only web pages with secure..." is backwards in its logic and very confusing. Needs to say something like "Do you want to block this insecure content?" This is such an onerous violation of Microsoft's own usability standards that I am looking to turn off the security setting that generates this message. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do n...

how to change the color of dialog box and its controls
hi, Using appwizard I have created a dilog base application in that i want to change the color of dialog and control buttons and edit controls etc. how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. pls help me urgently. shiva > how to change the color of dialog box and its controls. overwrite OnCtlColor for your dialog and set the text and background color according to the control that is about to be drawn. my program is like this HBRUSH CNeuralDlg::OnCtlColor(CDC* pDC, CWnd* pWnd, UINT nCtlColor) { HBRUSH hbr = CDialog::OnCtlColor(pDC, pWnd, nCtlColor); if(nCtlColo...

Help: Can I change the date formula from mm/dd/yyyy to "mmm-yy" et
Hi, If the date was input as mm/dd/yyyy (12/31/2004), can I convert the format to "yyyy-mm-dd"(2004-12-31) or "mmm-yy"(Dec-2004)? i tried to change date format from "Format Cells-- Number tab--Category--choose "date" or "custom" but just failed. While Strangely, If i imput the data as "2004-12-31", i can change it to whatever date format i like. Appreicate your advice at earliest convenience. Thanks -- wintersunshine Hi sounds like your imported dates are not recognised as 'date' values but are stored as 'Text&...

Regular Expression Help
How i can define regular expression for following cases A100123456, 1B00345787 1- here i want first two charcters as alphanumeric 2- next two characters must be 00 (zero)(zero) 3- next six characters must be numeric 0-9 what will be the regular expression for the above Regards, Jami *** Sent via Developersdex http://www.developersdex.com *** Jami wrote: > How i can define regular expression for following cases > > A100123456, 1B00345787 > > 1- here i want first two charcters as alphanumeric > 2- next two characters must be 00 (zer...

Help! send/receive button won't work
Hello, I have just reinstalled Outlook 2002 after uninstalling the evaluation version of Office 2003. When I click the send/receive button on the toolbar of Outlook I get a message in a popup outlook dialogue box "the operation failed". The history: I have just completed the evaluation of Office 2003. When I installed the evaluation version it overwrote outlook 2002 with ver. 2003. This did not happen with any of the other applications such as word, excel etc. In fact if I remember correctly at the time of installation it gave me the choice and I said I wanted access to O...

please tell me your E-mail i need your help huangzhug@21cn.com
i need your help! how to find the documents if i had deleted it? my e-mail is huangzhug@21cn.com please in chinese thankyou Not possible if you don't have a backup or can't find it in the recycle bin -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom Northwest Excel Solutions www.nwexcelsolutions.com (remove ^^ from email address) Portland, Oregon "huangzhug" <huangzhug@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DDCFBEAF-5647-4336-8805-ED77954D13B2@microsoft.com... >i need your help! > how to find the documents if i had deleted it? > > my e-mail is huan...