Open form for add/edit records

I have a button on the main form:

DoCmd.OpenForm "frmEmployee", acNormal, , , acFormEdit, acWindowNormal

I can still add record by clicking the * on the record selector.
So what is the difference:
DoCmd.OpenForm "frmInvoice", acNormal, , , acFormAdd, acWindowNormal ?

0
Alan

The difference is that acFormEdit allows editing AND adding of new records
(as you've found out) while  acFormAdd ONLY allows adding new records, just
as setting the Dtat Entry Property to YES would.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000

missinglinq

Incorrect formatting opening .csv file in Excel
When opening a database generated .csv file with the following data: "1","10E-024","1" Excel opens it incorrectly formatting the text as a scientific number: 1 1.0E-24 1 If I save the file as .txt, and open in excel using the import wizard, I can specify that the column should be text, and the item code 10E-024 appears correctly. However this is far from ideal, as it relies on a manual step and the file cannot be saved as .csv again - otherwise the same fault happens next time the file it opened. Is there a way of forcing Excel to open .csv files in raw da...

Forms and old contacts.......
Hi U all...... Is there a way to change the form of an existing contact in Outlook 2002? I have emigrated to a new PC, but my forms didn't survive the move. So I have made a new form, but in my contacts subfolders all my contact are opened with the default form. I have gotten to this point that all new contacts are given the new form, but what about the old ones? If Outlook can change all contact to use default form, there surely must be a way to change it back, but I can't find it in the help file.... -- -- Regards Zadig Galbaras a perturbed Norwegian agnostic ...

Cant open PDF in OWA 2003
Hi, If I receive a PDF attachment from someone on my Exchange 2003 SP2 server I have to save it to the local disk to view it. However, if I receive a PDF attachment from the Internet I am able to view it right insde of the OWA window and don't have to save it to the local disk. Any ideas? Thanks If you're using Adobe Reader v6 or earlier, go to v7.0.9 or v8. We had a similar issue where people could not open a link to a PDF file from Outlook and updating Adobe Reader fixed it. Ray "poguemahone" <poguemahone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9ACCC...

how to jump from form to related record in table
I am trying to deal with the limits on updating fields in queries. So, in a form that shows data re orders waiting to be shipped, I'd like to be able to doubleclick on the order_ID number field (let's say order # 02975) and have that cause a related form or table to open at record number 02975. Then, I can directly edit the data that needs editing. Using Access 2000 "Macro builder" and the On Dbl Click event, I have been able to get a desired form to open and have the focus, but I cannot get the related record to be selected. (I'd prefer selected to filtered.) I am ho...

Outlook 2002 Vcard attachment shows as a .msg file-opens but no information
I am receiving forwarded attachments as a Vcard file from a contact list. It shows up as an envelope on the attachment and as a .msg file. It opens but there is no information there other than a name. Is there a setting in Outlook that is incorrect or is this something to do with a setting in the Microsoft Exchange Server Administrative Rules. I have searched the knowledge base and cannot find any specific answers yet. Anyone have any feedback on this or the same problem? Help! Thanks. Carl ...

Can't open database window using shift key...
Hi there, I have an Access database that I distribute to my client on CDROM. The start up options of the database are set so that the database window is not visible to the users. When the database is updgraded the database manager copies it from the CDROM to the relavant PC and then uses the shift key on opening in order to display the database window and link to the tables in the existing back-end. This procedure has been done many many times without a problem... BUT last week he found that holding down the shift key whilst opening the database no longer opened the database window and leave...

Unable to open MDE file
Hi, I am using office 2000 and I am unable to open an Access file. I receive the following error message "You cannot convert or enable an MDE file". I was able to open this file till yesterday. I haven't installed any software since yesterday which safely rules out any problems due to a third party software etc. Hoping for a quick resolution to my problem. Thanks , Nik Hopefully you still have access to the .mdb file from which the .mde was created. You don't state which version the .mde was created in. In any case, there's precious little you can do with one...

Locking Edits
Hi people, I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locked for editing, so people can sync any changes I make, but not make any changes themselves. I have tried changing the files to read only files, but they don't seem to sync properly to other computers once I've changed them. The files are also stored on a shared sever if that makes a difference (I'm not too worried about people changing anything directly on the server, it's more editing in OneNote I'm worried about.) Miss George wrote: I need to share a notebook on OneNote, but keep it locke...

subdocument will not open
Hello, I just finished a chapter of work today and was reorganising the master document and somehow word now thinks my subdocument is the master or something along those lines and will not open it. I can't open the subdocument on it's own. I keep getting the error message: subdocument cannot be inserted because it is the master document or because it contains the current master document as a subdocument. In my attempt to fix this I seem to have lost any mention of my subdocument within the master so now all I have is my subdocument file that will not open. Has anyone s...

Fill null fields from last record non-null in that field
Access 2000 -- I have a database table which is built from an import from a text file. I want to fill blank fields in records from the last previous record that has a value in that, and then when Access encounters a new record with a value in it, have this pasted into the fields below it. Now, it looks like this: 1 "0010099" 2 3 5 "0010100" 6 7 8 9 10 "0010101" 11 12 I want it to look like this: 1 "0010099" 2 "0010099 3 "0010099 5 "0010100" 6 "0010100" 7 "0010100" 8 "0010100" 9 "0...

showing only unique records
I have two databases linked, one keeps basic client information (name, DOB, address, etc.), the other keeps track of client's visit date and purchases. I want to display a list of clients that made purchases within a given date range, regardless of number of purchases made. With the simple query view, somehow I end up displaying one row for each client's purchase(s), i.e. if the client made 10 purchases in the date range, then I see 10 entries displayed for such, when I only want to see that client's name shown once. Is there a quick way to avoid displaying the duplication? If ...

email report or form
Hi there Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report rather then the entire report? -- Thank-you! Ruth Ruth <Ruth@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is there a way to email a form or just the corresponding page of the report >rather then the entire report? Form, I have no idea as I have never printed from a form. Page or selected records? For a page on how to print a report for a single record and how to generate reports to attach to emails see the Emailing reports as attachments from Microsoft Access page at http://www.granite.ab.ca/access...

Form not loading right
Access 2003. I have a data entry form. I have an option group set up so the user can select the active patients or the inactive patients. Right now when I open the form, the radio button for active patients is selected but the inactive patients are actually showing. I have to click the inactive radio button then re-click the active radio button for the active patients to show. The option group is located in my form header. What's going on? I think I need to do something with the on load property of the form? Right now I have a macro to maximize on load. I looked at the other...

Tab box opens with all selected
On my forms when I move from tab to tab all the text is selected in the newly opened text box. Is there some way to have them open with out having everything selected? Thanks TES, Well, actually, you're "moving from control to control, using the Tab key"... which is the correct way to navigate a form. Try this in each text control's OnEnter and /or Click event. I'll use a control named [LastName] For Tabbing into a control... Private Sub LastName_Enter() LastName.SelLength = 0 End Sub For Mouse Clic...

End of range changes when I add a number
Please could someone explain why Excel 2000 changes the range in another cell when I type a number into a blank cell? I have a spreadsheet that calculates income by month, something like this: Month Income1 Income2 Income3 Cost Total Jan06 23.99 44.77 55.00 123.76 The Total cells contain a formula =SUM(B2:D2)-E2 (actually there are more income columns, but this is the principle.) I copied this Total formula in the first row, and pasted it into the other 11 rows for the other months. Originally there was no cost column. I inserted this column, and then modifi...

Add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task form 01-30-06
Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, Email, and Task forms? Existing Category and Sub-Category fields sound like they should be linked to it. A good example would be Membership as a Category and Application as sub-category (Membership being a subject and Application being a sub-subject). Yes, this is possible. You will need to create a new entity called i.e. Email Subject and then create a 1 to many relationship between email and this new entity. "mkatsev" wrote: > Is it possible to add CRM 'Subject' look-up field to the Phone, E...

How to requery from a form
I have a form that has a text box on which i would like to type some text into then i would like it to do a requery every time i change the text. but it not a requery on the query the form is based on it needs to requery on a different query thnak "Simon" <S.Dickson@shos.co.uk> wrote in message news:1176363215.854267.69050@d57g2000hsg.googlegroups.com... >I have a form that has a text box on which i would like to type some > text into then i would like it to do a requery every time i change the > text. but it not a requery on the > query the form is based on ...

Combo Box to open report
Hi, I have a report which opens a query, based on the priority number (1,2 or 3). In the query criterira for Priority I have the following. <[Show all CP with priority <=] This brings up a prompt box when I open the report where I type 1, 2 or 3 to bring up the records with that priority. I want to change the caption to a combo box where I can select 1, 2, or 3 rather than typing it in, and also have the option to display ALL records. Can anyone help please? Thanks, B/ You cannot make Access prompt you with a combo box. However, you can create an unbound form with a combo ...

Name Cell, Copy Named Cell, And Add All Named Cells
I'd like to be able to have a cell that is able to be copied and then have another location that adds the original cell and any copies of that cell. In my situation, I have a group of cells that get copied different numbers of times each time I use the document. There is one cell in that group and all the copies that need to be added, but I never know how many times I'll be copy that group. Is there a trick for doing this? Thanks. There may be a trick but I don't understand your request. Can you use some cell references for examples. Gord Dibben MS Excel MV...

OWA - SSL
Hi I have a problem with OWA, SSL.... can you help me.... let me tell you exactly what I did: I have FE/BE server... both windows 2003 Enterprise sever SP1 and Exchange 2003 SP1 FE: Srv2 192.168.0.2 BE: Srv1 192.168.0.1 The BE server (Srv1) is CA root and DNS : mail A 192.168.0.2 mail MX mail.domain.com srv2 A 192.168.0.2 srv1 A 192.168.0.1 NS: srv1.domain.com CA: certificate Autority: srv1.domain.com mail.domain.com Issued To mail.domain.com Issued By mail.domain.com Exchange mail server url for internal and ext...

Running a script while editing a cell
I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is there anyway around this? -- clayton ------------------------------------------------------------------------ clayton's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=4563 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=493669 I've never seen anyone post any macro that did something useful while in edit mode. clayton wrote: > > I have found that scripts will not execute if you are editing a cell. Is > there anyway around this? > > -- > clayton...

select correct record
Hi, I have an unbound box to search and select an athlete in a sales form. It works only partially. Each athlete can have several sales records for each contract year and there are some athletes with the same last name. I want to be able to select the record based on the contract year. But when I try to select the year that I want it just selects the first record. Here is my code and the information from the recordsource box. SELECT qrysales.Lname, qrysales.Fname, qrysales.SalesID, qrysales. contractyear FROM qrysales ORDER BY qrysales.Lname; Private Sub cbosearch_AfterUpdat...

Tabbing order thru form
I created a contact form that has 3 pages of info. When I'm on page 1, I want to tab thru the fields in a certain order, but since I've added/deleted fields at different points of time, the tab order is out of whack. How do I tell it to tab starting at fieldx, then tab to fieldx, etc. Remember, the field names maybe all out of order (i.e. field1, field23, field12, etc), but I want the form to tab thru in that field order... Thank you. The trick is to set the Tab Order property for each control on each tab. 1. With the form open in design view, click the tab you want to set (...

A good program for keeping track of time...ie outlook timecard add on
Is there a good program for keeping time for jobs. I've used the appointment as a means for doing this for years, but this can be quite cumbersome as workflow gets more complicated. Looking for the next best method. I use outlook 2007 and quickbooks 2009. I've currently manually transfer info from outlook to quickbooks, then do billing. Any suggestions. I'm looking at timetrax, but interested in other input. Thanks. ...

A way to open an Excel sheet from Word
I would like the Excel sheet to open in Excel but would like to access it from a toolbar button in Word. Is that possible? Hi Tonya, one way would be to set a reference to the excel library, "Extras, References, ..." and then the following may be a start: Dim oExc As Excel.Application Set oExc = New Excel.Application With oExc .Workbooks.Open "c:\test\test.xls" .Visible = True ' if you like ' do something ... .ActiveWorkbook.Save .ActiveWorkbook.Close .Quit End With Set oExc = Nothing --- Greetings from Bavaria, Germany Helmut Weber, MVP "r...