One Form to enter/get data in two linked tables with 1 to many lin

Hello,

I am a new user with a variant of a contacts database.

Table 1 Hospitals, with one primary contact person info.

Table 2 Volunteers in the hospital, can be many

How would I go about designing one form which allows entry of the volunteer
information, assigns an existing hospital or can create a new hospital with
the volunteer information.

On retrieving a volunteer's information, it must display the
hospital/primary contact information.

TIA,
John

On Thu, 25 Mar 2010 12:09:02 -0700, John L <JohnL@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Hello,
>
>I am a new user with a variant of a contacts database.
>
>Table 1 Hospitals, with one primary contact person info.
>
>Table 2 Volunteers in the hospital, can be many
>
>How would I go about designing one form which allows entry of the volunteer
>information, assigns an existing hospital or can create a new hospital with
>the volunteer information.
>
>On retrieving a volunteer's information, it must display the
>hospital/primary contact information.
>
>TIA,
>John

Since there's (apparently) a one (hospital) to many (volunteers) relationship,
you should start with a Form based on the Hospitals table, with a Subform
based on the Volunteers table. You'ld start by either entering or navigating
to an existing hospital, and enter the volunteer data for that hospital into
the subform.
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

Linking files 2 ways

Merging Two Office Data Files
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0038_01C3C6E7.505DB790 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Here is the situation: I've a desktop and a laptop. Before I bought the laptop I was using MS = Outlook on my desktop. Now that I'm using my laptop mostly, I would like = to have my old emails from my desktop Outlook merged with the laptop = Outlook emails. I don't want to replace the laptop outlook files with = the desktop outlook files is the folder - C:\Documents and = Settings\Laptop\Lo...

Using Relative path for XML data file?

POST or GET?

Pivot Table Question #5

Pulling data from separate tabs

get a result of an sql into a field

Over Time Pay rate 1.51?

data sort

Help with importing data

How to get to email from Word

cannot open hyper links in outlook

Formula for cross tab data filling

How do you invoke the Let and Get class Functions
I have create classes with the Let and Get functions and now I would like to use these functions to store and retrieve data in the class which will then be put into a collection. Here is the class functions: Private pBusPart As Double Private pStartTime As Date Private pIndex As Integer '''''''''''''''''''''' ' BusPart property '''''''''''''''''''''' Public Property Get BusPart() As Double BusPar...

Status in table PurchaseOrderEntryDetail
Hello, We're trying to populate serial # into the PurchaseOrderEntryDetail table and run across the column 'Status'. What are the possible values for Status column in this table? Most of the time we see status of '2'. What does that mean? Please help. Many Thanks & Best Regards, Nikki ...

predict future data