OLE objects in a listbox

I have several Word documents I'd like to link into my database application.
I've created a table containing three fields, an autonumber record key, the
OLE linked Word document, and a text description of what the document is.

What I'd like to do is display these records in a listbox control on a form
and be able to open any of these documents in Word if a user double-clicks
one of them. Is this possible>

Thanks.

Formatting multiple object types in output from a function?
I'm stumped on this one, and have searched and searched for a solution or how-to with no luck. Perhaps it just can't be done. I have a function that may or may not return objects of multiple types. I've setup the type and formatting information for each of the individual types in format.ps1xml files, and when only 1 type is returned by the function the formatting works as I would expect. However, if two or more types are returned by the function, only the formatting for the first object type is applied and then the other types are displayed however PoSH deems ap...

Listbox
I have userform4 where I have put a command button and listbox on it, this is connected to a sheet called Hidden. I want to allow the user to select the text in the userbox and click on the command button to delete that certain entry on the worksheet. Is this possible, How to I acheive this to happen. Thanks in advance Greg See one response at your other thread. Greg B wrote: > > I have userform4 where I have put a command button and listbox on it, this > is connected to a sheet called Hidden. > > I want to allow the user to select the text in the userbox and click ...

Read OLE Object field to image ?
I have an Access database (images.mdb) that has 2 columns: one is the id of the picture (an integer) and one (column named picture) is a field of type OLE Object which contains an image stored as on OLE Object (it can store jpg, bmp, gif, but I don't know what image is stored inside). I want to retrieve the picture stored in the database and identified by a given id and display it in a web page (.aspx). I write in Visual C# and use Visual Studio .NET, but it does not matter, VB answers are just as wellcome. My problem is that this OLE Object field does not contain just the raw array of byt...

object type
hi all, here is an issue: i am given an object type represented by its number (for example 112 for case). i want to convert the num,ber to otincident (incase of 112). my code is like that: Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CObjectName objName = new Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.CObjectName(); objName.Type = (Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ObjectType) 112; this is not valid since Microsoft.Crm.Platform.Proxy.ObjectType enum starts from 0 (otAccount ) till 98 which is otWFStep. (by the way, otIncident is 28). my goal is to convert the given object type code to the matching platform name. do...

Using OLE DB in MFC Project
Hi, I have developed an MFC application. I now want to add database functionality to it. I have had a look at the various database technologies and have decided to try using direct OLE DB rather than ADO as it is faster. However I have noticed that in tutorials it is recommended to use the wizards in an ATL project. As i have said before my application has been written in MFC. I was wondering how easy it is to add direct OLE DB to my MFC application. I would appreciate suggesstions on how i can manage this, Thanks In Advance Macca ...

Owner drawn listbox not reaching MeasureItem
I am trying to create a list box that can word wrap along with having a small icon in it. Right this moment though I'd be happy just to get the strings to word wrap. In an example of an owner drawn list box I found on CodeProject.com, the code jumps to MeasureItem right after going to the winafx definition of AddString. Unfortunately, my code does not although it seems to be similar in the places that matter. What's worse is that the code from that project fails when placed in mine. There must be some setting somewhere that needs changing. I just don't know which it is. I hav...

OLE Object (picture) is not shown in publisher
Hello, I tryed to connect my publication with an access datasource (both 2007). I used in an access table the OLE datatype and put pictures in it. Sometimes as "linked", sometimes not. I tryed it with some file formats for pictures (tif, gif, bmp, jpg) - but the picture frames in Publisher 2007 are empty. I tryed to bring resolution and colors of the pictures down. This wont help. So - now I'm empty of idears. Please, can someone help me or give me a hint? When you try to insert a picture as a linked embedded object in an Office 2003 or 2007 Office program, the picture i...

Determine name of dropped object.
I have a Bound Object Frame into which I drop a JPG. How do I determine the path/name of the dropped image? -- Regards Tom ...

Missing Object xp_cmdshell
Hi. When i create a procedure following error is generated in sql server 2000. Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because it depends on the missing object 'xp_cmdshell'. The stored procedure will still be created. Regards, Muhammad Bilal Muhammad Bilal (MuhammadBilal@discussions.microsoft.com) writes: > When i create a procedure following error is generated in sql server 2000. > > Cannot add rows to sysdepends for the current stored procedure because > it depends on the missing object 'xp_cmdshell'. The stored proce...

VBA to import 344 objects from 97 to 2003
I am looking to import a select list of tables, forms, queries, reports and macros from Access97 into Access2003. Yes this can be done by selecting each individual object, but I need to do this 5 or 6 more times before I do it for the final production copy. Pieter, Ken, and John have all been great resources in previous VBA questions, I would greatly appreciate any/all assistance. Thank you!!! The import dialog lets you select all items on the form. Since you're only talking 5 or 6 times, it's probably faster to do that, rather than bothering to write code to do it. -- Dou...

Changing the names of fields in tables after creating other object
I just leaned about the naming conventions after I have created my tables, reports and several queries. Can I change the name of fields in my tables (to remove the spaces and give them unique names ie not just last name but childlastname) without destroying the work I have done in queries, reports, and forms. Mary -- Positive Direction for Youth & Families, Inc. (www.pdfyinc.com) Possibly. If you are using a newer version of Access, say 2003 or 2007 AND you have Name Autocorrect, and all it's options, enabled, it MIGHT work. I found it somewhat buggy. Before you...

Access VBA Object Reference
The problem that I am having is that some computers in our office have office xp and others have office 2003. I made and access database that has a bunch of vb behind it in office 2003. When I got to run it in office xp it blows up. Under the references tab it says that it is MISSING:Excel 11.0 Object Reference Library. Is there a way to use that library under office xp. Thanks in advance. Chris Excel11.0 Object Library means Excel2003. The same library for OfficeXP is 10.0. If you want to have your access application to work with multple version of MS Office, then you need to devel...

Cut and paste objects into userforms
Is there a way to cut and paste pictures/objects into a userform field such that a user can paste in an external object (for example a chemical structure or a screen capture) into the form. The pasted item in the userform would then need to be be appended to the spreadsheet at a chosen cell location and also pulled back to the userform when the user edits the userform (for example changes the embedded picture). I know how to do this with text (Contextures website) but would like to learn how to do it with other objects. Can anyone help? Regards, Roger If you mean cop...

Copy Object = File Not Found Error
I'm working in XP and and developed a Database in Access 97. There was a push to upgrade. Now we're using Access 2003 and we converted the database to Access 2000. The new problem: I had developed some code to look for a Report by name and if it was not found, simply copy a specific Report and name it accordingly. This all worked fine in 97. In the new setup I receive an Microsoft Visual Basic error: File not found (Error 53). The path in the error message points to a temp folder and file called VBCxx.TMP. the x's change each time. If I go to that folder before I ex...

Missing Object Tabs
For some reason, the tabs that used to appear at the top of the main window when you opened objects (i.e. tables, forms, queries, etc) no longer appear. For example, if I maximize a datasheet it covers a form that may be open and I am unable to gat back to the form unless I minimize the datasheet or resize it. The tabs made it much easier to switch between open objects. I cannot seem to find how to restore them. The setting for forms with tabs is found by going to the office button at top left of screen, clicking Access options (bottom of dialog), then Current Database ( top le...

Misplacement of objects on a sheet
In Excel 2007 when loading a workbook (originally created in Excel 2000), objects like text boxes, rectangles, etc will frequently be placed on the sheet in the wrong place. I have posted an example at http://65.243.151.82. Notice in the "Correct" screenshot the row of buttons. You can click any of the buttons (which correspond to sheet names) and go to that worksheet. The current active worksheet ("WA" in the example) is indicated by the red background text box filling the space of the button (and circled in the example). In the "Incorrect" example, notic...

_com_ptr_t as static object in a DLL
Hello, I use something in the lines of void f() { static IRegEx Ptr p( __uuid( RegEx ) ); ... } This works fine - until I quit the program. I then get an access violation in p->Release ( actually in the destructor of _com_ptr_t). The code is in a DLL. If I make p a normal local variable, everything works as expected. Where is the problem? Is it necessary to make special provisions when using COM in a DLL? I think not, because without the static everything is well. Is it the destruction order of static objects? p's constructor is called in the context of a D...

How to repair Microsoft Exchange System Objects?
Can you help me repair enries in Microsoft Exchange System Objects? I tried forestprep etc, but nothing. Thank You What's exactly broken dude? Oliver "Kucho" <Kucho@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:ED4B861D-94D1-4B31-A81C-238AA70AEDDE@microsoft.com... > Can you help me repair enries in Microsoft Exchange System Objects? I > tried > forestprep etc, but nothing. > Thank You Thank yoy for reply, but I resolve problem. The public folders wasn't mail enabled. After setting mail enabled they show in Microsoft exchange system objects. Th...

How to read xml into dataset from xmlwriter object?
Hi, I have two Datagrids. >From the DG1, I read the content by DG1.WriteXml(xmlWriterObj...) Now, I would like to copy the content of xmlWriterObj into another datagrid I don't want to write the content of xmlWriterObj into a file rather keep them in memory. So, when I tried to use DG2.ReadXml(xmlWriterObj...), it erros out because this method expects xmlReader obj. How can I do this? Thanx, AceMonster wrote: > I have two Datagrids. >>From the DG1, I read the content by DG1.WriteXml(xmlWriterObj...) > Now, I would like to copy the content of xmlWriterObj into another...

ActiveX component can't create object
I have an MS Access2002 app that I imported into Access 2007. It was running fine for a couple of weeks, then suddenly I get this error: ActiveX component can't create object when it executes this line of code. Set olookApp = CreateObject("Outlook.Application") I checked my references, and they are ok, and the app compiles ok. Thanks for any help and God Bless, Mark A. Sam Are you sure Outlook is installed properly on the machine? FWIW, CreateObject doesn't require references: it's how you'd instantiate the object in Late Binding. -- Doug Steele, Mic...

How do I make a shadow behind an object have 'soft, fuzzy' edges?
I got the shadow in okay, but I'm wondering if there is a way to make the edges soft or fuzzy. I received a printed newsletter that has that effect behind pictures; however, I don't know if it was done in Publisher. I'm just wondering if there is a way to do it in Publisher? I recommend doing things like that in a photo editing program and then inserting the finished product in your document. -- JoAnn Paules Microsoft MVP - Publisher How to ask a question http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555375 "sandyd" <sandyd@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ...

Creating a picture/object
I have information in a worksheet (data in cells) and charts that I want to save as a picture or object. Inprevious versions of excel there was a function that allowed the user to copy a worksheet and save as a picture. Ultimately I will be using the object or picture to import into a power point presentation. How can I do this? Thank you Select the range you wish to make a picture of..........then hold down both the Ctrl and shift keys and click on the EDIT selection of the toolbar, .......you will now see the "COPY PICTURE" selection that you would not see if you did not hold...

EventID 565 : Source: Security : Category: Object Access
Good Afternoon, I'm receiving many dozens (if not hundreds) of errors in the Security Log of my Exchange 2003 server. Below is representative of the error I am receiving, but in short, it is: EventID: 565 Source: Security Category: Object Access I haven't been able to figure out what is causing this, so I can clear it up. Any ideas? -David (Detail below) --------------------------------------- Object Open: Object Server: Microsoft Exchange Object Type: Microsoft Exchange Database Object Name: /O=SRD/OU=SRDDOM/cn=Configuration/cn=Servers/cn=EXCHANGESERVER/cn=...

Text Object Model
Hi All, Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me get started in using it? Where on MSDN are examples or what do I need to start? Thanks Larry The next question (should have had this in the original!) Can the TOM be used like the Rich Edit Control? Thanks Again Larry "Larry J. Siddens" <lsiddens@noSpamHere.com> wrote in message news:ufbPT1LaDHA.2648@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Has anyone out there used the "Text Object Model"? If so, can you help me > get started in using it? Where on MSDN are...

How can read object order by useing writing?
Application.Dialogs(xlDialogActiveCellFont).Show ........................2 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogAddChartAutoformat).Show.....................3 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogActivate).Show...............................4 Application.Dialogs(xlDialogZoom).Show ....................How to know it order = ? thank you ...