OLE Objects display mode in form

I have a form in which the OLE Objects (saved emails) display as only
"package".  I have the field settings as size mode: clip and Display
Type:Icon.  Why won't the objects display in the Icon format wth the email
file name displayed?

GotoRecord in mainform after closing Add form
Hi, I have a form to add a new DVD to my database. Now when I press the 'ADD DVD' button I want to close the 'add dvd form' form and on the main form I want to change the current record to the one just added. The main form is open all the time. Anyone know how to jump to this added record? I tried serveral ways on the GotoRecord method of VBA but nothing worked so far. From what you are describing, the main form is tied to the list of DVDs. Why have two other forms at all? If you have nav buttons or record selectors on the main form, then just add a new record there. I...

Forms in two differant views

OWA Display Settings
Is there a method to clear the Web Access Display Settings (i.e. Color Schemes, Preview Pane setup) from the server side of the application for either a single user or all OWA users? Also, I've had several users report that if they've attempted to access their OWA mailbox in FireFox, they lose the way messages are normally displayed in the OWA client where each message basically has two lines, one line for who it came from and when and the next line for the subject. After logging to OWA with Firefox, all of the information is displayed on a single line. This is on a Windows...

How do I display nonprintable characters
We are running Excel 2000 under Windows XP on 2 different PC's. In a spreadsheet we have imported data from a text file. The data has included some nonprintable characters which show up as squares on my PC but as spaces on my colleagues. We can use the CLEAN function to strip out the squares, but how do we get them displayed as squares on the second PC, so that we know that they are there? Chip Pearson has a very nice addin that will help determine what that character(s) is: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/CellView.htm But the only squares that sometimes disappear for me correspond to c...

Date and time onto a form
Hi, I am designing a form that my client would like the date and time automatically recorded in a field and stored so that when they refer back it shows when the record was done. The 'NOW' function only shows the current date & time and keeps updating. Is there a way of putting the 'NOW' value into a field, then locking it so it doesn't change when the record is reopened. Hope that makes sense! Kazlou The form stores data in a table. You need to add a date/time field to your table to record the date and time a record was last updated. 1. Open the table in desig...

Printing Issues when distributing a form to multiple users
I am distributing a spreadsheet to multiple users. The spreadsheet is being used as a form for data entry. The problem i am having is that when it is being printed, the users are getting varying page layouts where the page breaks have changed, due the changes to the length of the document growing from the free text they are entering. The page breaks that excel chooses don't seem to be spaced well, leading to one or two of the pages being very short (i.e., leaving a lot of free white space), whereas the other pages are taking up the entire page. Is there a particular page layout selection...

Conditional Formating: linking to display another cell
Hello, I am trying to make a traffic light with symbols and I've read to 'use a separate cell for the dropdown choices, with their resulting value linked into the formatted cell through an IF function, using the character that you want to display.' So: =IF someone enters '1' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$4 (will it display font and attributes?) =IF someone enters '2' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$5 =IF someone enters '3' in B8, THEN display contents of $C$6 But I've been reading everywhere and CF is very new to me and I need ...

force clients to Cache Mode with E2K3 SP2
Where is the setting to force Outlook 2003 Clients to Cache Mode in Exchange 2003 Sp2? Thanks On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:03:43 GMT, "BigHaig" <haigo@bxxxx.com> wrote: >Where is the setting to force Outlook 2003 Clients to Cache Mode in Exchange >2003 Sp2? > >Thanks > It doesnt force them, it prevents logon unless the clients are in cache mode. Check the release notes for more info. "Andy David - Exchange MVP" wrote: > On Wed, 19 Oct 2005 22:03:43 GMT, "BigHaig" <haigo@bxxxx.com> wrote: > > >Where is the setting t...

not enough memory or disk space to display or print the picture after 1st time

Excel --- Physical dimensions of a chart object
Is there a way to know the physical dimensions of a chart object on a worksheet? I have data in several worksheets and I would like all my charts to be of the same size (obviously this means that data with a smaller range of values will be more spread out than data with a larger range of values). Thanks, Nimmi This is just an example: Sub Macro2() ActiveSheet.ChartObjects("Chart 1").Activate ActiveChart.ChartArea.Select n = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Width m = ActiveSheet.Shapes("Chart 1").Height MsgBox (n & " BY " & m...

Button form control does not work
I have spent over 5 hours trying to get the button wizard to do a simple thing. Open a form and show data in that form that matches the name in the form where the button is but when i follow the wizard the button allways go to the first entary in the second form eg i have the form (form1) open on emma (record 3) and want to open a second form that also contains emma the wizard puts the following in to a macro form2, Form, , "[Full Name]=" & [Full Name], , Normal but when i test the button it open the second form with the first record which is not emma why d...

OWA renders Page cannot be displayed
Hi, We are have Exchange 2003 installed on a Windows 2003 Server. We are allowing access to OWA from outside the network through SSL. We are having a problem with a few emails giving a page cannot be displayed error when trying to view them. These same emails can be viewed with no problems from inside the network(not using SSL). We have URLScan installed, but I can't see anything in the .ini file that would cause these emails to not display correctly. Any suggestions? ...

How can I change primary display for presentation on multiple mon.
I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change the default monitor that F5 points to? In article <5A95BBFC-B291-4A05-9E71-3F094B937ABB@microsoft.com>, Shorebilly wrote: > I want to hit F5 and have my presentation go to a different monitor. I have > multiple monitors so my laptop display on a classroom screen. Can I change > the default monitor that F5 points to? In the Slide Show | Set up show dialog, you can choose the monitor you want to display slide s...

How a Tooltip can be displayed?
Goodmorning, How can a tooltip can be displayed when we hover the mouse over specific cells? Thanks in advance for your time I'm not sure about a "tooltip" specifically, but you can click Insert/Comment from Excel's menu bar and put whatever text you want to display in the Comment Box that appears and it will be displayed any time the mouse is over that cell. -- Rick (MVP - Excel) "amateur" <amateur@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:520FCF85-B62A-40E6-A8E6-5D0C14630C59@microsoft.com... > Goodmorning, > > How can a tooltip c...

access forms 12-05-07
how can the minimum value from eight numeric fields be found & displayed displayed on the form, following manual entry? Your only way is through a series of If statements to determine the minimum. Remember, too, that you may need to handle missing data. You can use the Nz function in that case, but you need to be able to assign a reasonable value for comparison purposes if the value is Null. Dim lngMinimum As Long lngMinimum = Nz(Me.Field1, 9999) If Nz(Me.Field2, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngMinimum = Me.Field2 End If If Nz(Me.Field3, 9999) < lngMinimum Then lngM...

continous form question
Hi, I have a 'continous form' which gets its data from a table. Im using a form for ease of use by the operator and data is displayed in text boxes. My form has 6 columns and thousands of rows - so many records in the table. (its pretty much like an excel spreadsheet). However, on my form, i have a text box and i want the text box to change to eg VBred, if the time on the current record matches the time on the next record. (obvousley time is one of the pieces of data and displayed as hh:mm) As my form is a continous form, if i add my 'colour' text box to ...

How to control what tabs are displayed in Active Directory Users and Computers
I do not see the value to allow the delegate to change the City, State, Country, Office. What am I doing wrong. (see info below) Also is there a way to limit the view of what is shown in Active Directory users and computers, so the Delegate only sees the General, Address, Telephone and Organization tabs? I know the step below lock them out of the other tabs, but there would be less confusion..even if it is registry hack on that local pc. Here are the steps I have done so far: Step 1. Create a Security Group Called 'XYZ' (call it what ever you want Step 2. Open Active Directory User...

different versions in visio ole-object?
hello i have some problems printing a word document which includes some visio drawingns. In word i can see the visio object like i edited it but when printing the word-document, a completly old version of the visio object is printed out. The printed object is older that 2 weeks. I tryed printing the document from other PC without changes. I tryed copying the ole-object into an other word dokument (copy/paste) without changes. Printing the document from wordpad works great .... I also opened the visio object (doublecklick in word) and edited the object, saved the file and exited back to wo...

displaying charts from Macros
I would like to create the template which will present user with several data entry forms, calculate result and then should presend result as a serie of charts with next button to show next chart. Is it possible to display just the chart windows for each chart or they have to be displayed on separate sheets. Any suggestion on what is the most elegant solution to what I want to do ? Regards, Tony Tony - The chart windows are not stable; they disappear when the user clicks anywhere else. But I don't think you really mean chart windows as such. You can make embedded charts. From Lo...

Set a value on a form
I use the following code to open a form DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria Is there any way to pass data to the form (through the constructor) or to set the value of a label on the form Thank you, Samuel You can use the OpenArgs argument to pass a value to the new form, and then use the new form's Load event to read the value and put it into a control on itself. First step -- pass the value: DoCmd.OpenForm stDocName, , , stLinkCriteria, , "ValueToPass" Second step - read the value and use it; this code goes with the Load event of the stDocName form: ...

How to find the check form to use for GP 9.0
I don't want to use Deluxe as our check vendor. I want to use Harland. Microsoft MBS sales just gives us Deluxe's phone number, when we request help with obtaining the correct format for Harland checks. Harland has two check formats for GP payable checks. 1) Great Plains Accounting 7.0 - 9.0 2) Great Plains Dynamics Harland isn't sure and can't reference Deluxe. Thanks, John John, From what I can tell from Harland's website, you want the Laser Multi-Purpose checks they show under Microsoft Great Plains. That's the one with the check in the middle, stub on t...

Formula to display Count of Days in given month, using list of Start and End Dates
I have a large number of rows that contain a start date and end date. I am attempting to generate a count of days within that date range that are in a particular month, for example, Jan of 2011. Any suggestions for a formula that could be used to display the amounts shown in Column C would be helpful. Layout is: A B C Start Date End Date Count of Days in Jan2011 1/10/11 4/7/11 21 2/6/11 3/1/11 0 12/20/10 2/15/11 31 Etc. Dave, I think the best way is to create a table f...

Moving OLE Based Control
I have a control that is bound to an OLE object in a table. When i try to reposition the control with the command Me.ObjectName.Left = 4000, it does not compile. The error message "Invalid Qualifier" appears. In addition, when I normally enter the period after the name of the object such as Me.ObjectName. a list of optional commands comes up. For this control, it does not. Could anyone help with with the problem of not being able to access the properties of this control. I use Access 2000. Thanks -- Frank Wagner fwagner111@aol.com What's the control? Are you sur...

How do I sum the displayed values in a stacked chart?
Hi Everyone, I've set up a stacked column chart. In each colum I have stacked up two values. I'm trying to figure out if I can show the summed value of the two values in the chart, and still maintain the automated updates if I change any of my data. Right now, the only way I know how to do this tpying the summed value in. The problem I'm having is that I lose the ability to have the values automatically updates if I do that. Is there any solution to this? Thank you very much for your help. Hi, Explanation here, http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Chee...

Problem with iif and datediff expression in form
Hi, I have a form where I have to display the value of the field based on some criteria. The first criteria is =IIf((DateDiff("d",[dbo_PWO_Status].[WorkOrderDate],Now())-180)>0,"Y","") and the second criteria to add is dbo_PWO_Status.[Quote] = -1 My first question is how do I accommodate the dbo_PWO_Status.[Quote] = -1 criteria in the iif statement? The second question I have is that with the first expression put in the source for display I am getting Name instead of the Y value for matching condition. I would appreciate any help. Thanks. You n...