Noob Question For Selecting Multiple Fields On A Form

Hello...

In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and
click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form.

Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality?  If
Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it?

Thanks!
Squirrel

"SQLSQUIRREL" <SQLSQUIRREL@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hello...
>
> In versions earlier than 2007 I would be able to go to the Menu Bar and
> click Edit -> Select All to select all fields on the form.

I'm confused.  In Access 2003, there is Edit -> Select All Records
(key-combination Ctrl+A) to select all records on the form, and there is
Edit -> Select Record to select the current record (which may be what you're
thinking of), but there is nothing to select all *fields* other than one of
the aforementioned options.

> Now, my question is... where in 2007 did the put that functionality?  If
> Microsoft removed it from there... where did they recreate it?

In Access 2007, the same menu options are in the Find group on the Home
ribbon tab, under the Select dropdown.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

Can't get the proper display of a field in my report.
I have 2 tables, both using autonumbers for their primary key. The first table is for contacts (i.e. last name, first name, etc.). The second table is for businesses (business name, etc.) I have a field in my contacts table that has a number format so it can be used as a foreign key for the business table. I then set up the relationship between them & enforced referential integrity. When I run a query, I see the name of the business (after setting up a combo box) - no problem. When I run a report based on that query, a number is displayed (not the business name). Suggestions, pleas...

Controlling printed records when report bound to multiple tables
I created a report that uses the control from a form to generate a report based on that record's primary key. This form also has a subform which has relationships tied to the primary key for record identification and is linked to the main table. When preview the report the data from the subform either does not show up in the preview when using the filter [control]=[form]![control].[value] or makes multiple copies of the report equal to the number of entries in the subform's table. Is there any way around this? I have tried queries but have not found a way to use a f...

How to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks without using Project.a
I know for tasks which are not summary tasks we can get TASK_ID field using statusing web service. But i could nto find any other options than Project web service to get TASK_ID field for summary tasks and the top level project task. Problem of using Project web service is that in my custom sharedpoint web part where we are using PSI web services we get all the data required using Resource and Statusing web service for the logged in resource. But Statusing web service retrieves TASK_ID only for actual tasks and not for summary tasks. Now just to get TASK_ID of summary tas...

setting up multiple email accounts #2
I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access outlook express the additiona account does not recognize the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! KCB <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I followed the rules for setting up the pop3 and smtp > accounts for multiple mail accounts, but when I access > outlook express the additiona account does not recognize > the password I've asked it to remember. HELP! Ask in an Outlook Express newsgroup. -- Brian Tillman ...

Another multiple criteria/column question
Ok, first post and pretty much a new user to Excel. I have two sheets that I am working with, trying to recall data from one to the other that meets criteria. In a nutshell: Sheet 1 contains a column of unique values (col A), cols C,D, and E are where I want to insert the formula to find data on Sheet 2. Sheet 2 contains 4 columns, A contains multiple occurrences of each value (from Sheet1, column A), each with its own timestamp in column D. On Sheet1, in column C, I want to find a value on Sheet2 in column A and return the timestamp in column D. I know I can use VLOOKUP for this. =VLO...

Array Function Question
I have little knowledge of Array Function. I'm updating a spreadsheet developed by someone else. One array formula trying to lookup data in another spreadsheet looks like below: {=SUM(IF([Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70>=DATEVALUE("01/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!$A$3:$A$70<=DATEVALUE("03/01/2006"),IF(Data]Data!B$1:$AR$1=A5,Data]Data!$B$3:$AR$38))))} I was told to press Ctrl/Shift/Enter to refrsh the data and it worked last time(3 months ago). But this time the cell won't refresh but shows the formula text. The formula should be fine. Did I miss anything to refresh...

To have a selection of year to merge
Hello, In my Form there is a commandkey to merge to the All records and below is the VBA, my question is how can we make it like a combo box to chose the year, because the user is not a programmer, and is not able to open it in design view and change the VBA. Private Sub cmdMergeAll_Click() Me.Refresh MergeAllWord ("select * from PelayanJemaat Where TahunPel=2008") 'Note that you could use a condtion in the above sql End Sub Thanks in advance for any help provided. -- H. Frank Situmorang Put a control on your form where the user can enter the date. For exa...

Report: "You have no transactions for the item you selected."
Hi, I've run into a glitch I can't figure out. I'm working with the Monthly income and expenses report. There are amounts listed under the Income - Unassigned category. When I double-click the category to see the transactions, I get the message in the Subject. I did a split-half search to find the supposed account that it registering the amount, but cannot find any transactions that are in error. I tried a Standard Repair without any change. Help! I should add that this is Money 2007. "Robert Berus" <rberus@columbus.rr.com> wrote in message news:OFn...

Transferring Field from Existing Table/limitations and change of d
Thank you in advance for your help! I have two Excel spreadsheets that I successfully imported into Access 2003 and created tables for. I need to add the field from one table to the other, but there is not a direct match in the relationship. The large table uses the Employee ID as the primary key. The smaller table contains one field that lists a subset of these Employee ID numbers (a selection of certain employees). I need to transfer this field to the larger table, but I do not know how to tell Access to match up the corresponding numbers (i.e., the large table lists all employees, bu...

How do I TRIM a field in existing fields....?
I didn't realize when I imported some data into my database that there were a bunch of spaces after all the data. I know that I can do a RTRIM the data in a query, but I don't want to have to remember every time I create a query to TRIM it. Do I have to use a query and make a temp table and then delete the data from my original table and then put the data back in from my temp table. I can do this, but wanted to know if there is a better way. Thanks Kelvin Kelvin A standard approach to importing (and "cleaning") data is to import/append to a temporary table, then ...

Question on multiple NICs used by Exchange 2003
I have a requirement to bind four virtual SMTP servers to unique IP addresses. The server has four NICs and each IP address is uniquely bound to a virtual SMTP server. I used telnet to confirm that the appropriate virtual SMTP server responds to each assigned IP address. In case you are wondering why I did not use virtual IP addresses- Per Microsoft, the virtual IP address schema will not satisfy our requirement that the same IP address be used for sending (relaying) the e-mail that received it. Their recommendation was to have a NIC for each virtual SMTP server. The problem that I am ex...

Question about SetCurSel()
Hi, I have a combo box control specified with the drop down (not drop list) style. The list box portion of the control is populated with data from a recordset to allow the user to select from a list of pre-loaded items. Or they may choose to type in a new entry. As the user enters data into the edit box portion of the control, the program checks after each keystroke to see if the entry data matches anything currently in the list. If it does, the drop down list appears and the list item closely or exactly matching the data that has been entered is selected and appears in the edit ...

Case select returning error when cell contains #N/A : how must i avoid this error
Title says it all Thanks, Luc maybe this will do what you want Sub test() If Not IsError(Range("C1").Value) Then Select Case Range("C1").Value Case 1 MsgBox "1" Case 2 MsgBox "2" End Select End If End Sub -- Gary Keramidas Excel 2003 "Luc" <lferr@live.be> wrote in message news:7AB07996-F1EE-41C1-8D9D-8A7DA54CED91@microsoft.com... > Title says it all > > Thanks, > > Luc Thanks for your help !!!!! Luc "Gary Keramidas" <GKeramidasAtMSN.com> schreef in berich...

time formula question
This formula works great if the ending time is before 0:00. =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)* {2;3;4})),"") $C$9:$C$11 is my starting time i.e. 20:00 $E$9:$E$11 is my ending time i.e. 04:30 How can I get this to work if A21 = 20:15? TIA, David Try this: =IF(D21>0,B21/INDIRECT("Sheet1!E"&MAX((($C$9:$C$11<$E$9:$E$11)*(A21>=$C$9:$C$11)*(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)+(($C$9:$C$11>=$E$9:$E$11)*((A21>=$C$9:$C$11)+(A21<=$E$9:$E$11)))*{2;3;4})),"") HTH -- AP "David" <dfizer@r...

Radio Button on opening the form
Hello: I have know how to open the form using command button, but now I want to use Radio Option button to open the form consists of: 1. Show all supplier invoices 2. Show only outstanding invoices 3. Show only paid invoices I have created 3 types of Form using 3 types of query, and now I want to open it by using radio button with the button OK and cancel to open the form. Is there any website providing the sample of Radio button to opent the form. I want to studdy how to write the VBA for that. Thanks in advance. Frank You sure you want the form to open when the radio button is sel...

stationary, templete, signatures with multiple accounts
Hello all, I use Outlook 2002 to access three email accounts ( Work, Hotmail, and home ISP ) Obviuosly I can choose from which account I'm sending from at the time of mesasge creation. What I am asking is, is it possible for when, let's say, I choose to send from my work account, a certain stationary and/or template and/or signature is used ----- and a different stationary and/or template and/or signature is used when I send from my ISP, etc....... Please advise, preferably be sending directly to patrick072040@comcast.net., or by replying to this post. Thank you in advance !! O...

How do I create a summary page from multiple worksheets
Trying to roll-up information from multiple worksheets within the same workbook to a summary page. These worksheets are copies of each other. For example: each worksheet has a column labeled "defect number". The users can record multiple defect numbers within a cell (e.g. 897, 992, 1001) So sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 992 sheet3, row1 = 995, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty How do I (or can I) rollup this information to a summary page where sheet5 is the summary worksheet and row1 = 897, 990, 992, 995, 1001, 1012. Here's what I have so far [=Sta...

Backup MX questions
After nearly a week of downtime for my Exchange2k server a few weeks ago, I have realized the need for a backup MX server, basically someone who can catch my mail when my smtp server is unavailable and then allow me to seemlessly pick it up or deliver it to me when I am back up again. What is the best way to accomplish this? Mike <>< On Tue, 9 Aug 2005 08:41:17 -0500, "Mike Strout" <m i k e s t r o u t @ h o t m a i l . c o m> wrote: >After nearly a week of downtime for my Exchange2k server a few weeks ago, I >have realized the need for a backup MX ser...

Report repeats a field
Example: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 John Smith 3,17 4,27 7,34 John Smith 1,22 6,57 8,92 I want that the report shows a name(John Smith) only one time like this: John Smith 2,14 5,27 3,18 3,17 4,27 7,34 1,22 6,57 8,92 The report get the informations from a Query that get the information from a table. One way to do this would be to set the "name" control's Hide Duplicates property to Yes. Another way to do this would be to use Sorting & Grouping, then Gro...

Pop-Up Subform not linking to Main Form
I have a subform - frmLawEnforcement - that is accessed on the main form - frmCorporateSecurity - by clicking on a command button from the main form. The two forms are linked by the CaseIDNumber field. If I place the subform as just an entry from with the main form, the information shows as linking by the CaseIDNumber. When I enter the information into the subform using the command button, the information does not link to the case number. I am not sure what I could be doing wrong. I am an intermediate Access user but am fairly limited on VBA. ABradley, It would help...

Custom Forms
Hello, A fellow administrator recently installed a custom form on our 2003 exchange server. One thing we noticed is that within Outlook 2003 the new form works just great, but we don't see it when logging into exchange via the web interface. Is there a way to get the custom for to be seen there? thanks! Sean no. 6-bit or 32-bit eforms won't display in OWA That isn't to say that you can't customize OWA, nor am I saying that you can't build all sorts of powerful apps on top of the Exchange store (i.e. non-mapi top level hierarchies and custom app-specific schemas,et...

Custom Forms 11-04-04
Hi All, When customizing a form in CRM 1.2 I cant find the way to edit the part of the forms that appear when you save a newly opened case. ie. When you save a new case it goes from having just the "information" button on the left hand side to having the activites and notes buttons. I'd like to be able to customise those areas. Is this possible through the CRM interface? If not how do you do it? Thanks All Tom You can add tabs to the left part of the screen via the ISV.Config file. For more information on that, refere to the SDK online. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---...

multiple balances on one printout
I want to print all the months on one sheet. with a total, is this possible and if so how do I do so. Thanks ...

Multiple Filters in a Form
Hi, I need some help. I have a form based on a query which lists wine in a cellar. I want to allow the users to filter the content on the form by using multiple filters. The following code works well. Private Sub CmdApplyFilter_Click() Dim strWhere As String strWhere = "" Dim strNonZero As String Dim strType As String Dim strYear As String strNonZero = "" strType = "" strYear = "" ' from a check box to show either only current wine in cellar or all wine included that which has been drunk - no bottles in cellar If CheckNonZero = True Then ...

multiple email domain hosting
Is it possible with Exchange 2003 to host multiple email domains in addition to the Active directory integrated domain of the entreprise. To make that server a mail server for other company in pop3 only. I know in Exchange 5.5 it was possible but i did not find anything for routing domains in Exchange 2003 Can exchange 2003 host multiple other email domain without them being in the active directory ? Thanks Yes it can be done, Just make sure you have the DNS MX records pointing to your server/s, then either create a new recipient policy, or modify the default recipient policy. So ...