New to Access 2007 - problem getting to form design

Hi,  I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?)
MDB.  I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables,
forms, etc.  But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option
to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the
Ribbon is greyed out too.

Help!

Thanks much,
Glenn

0
Glenn

"Glenn H" <glenn@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message
> Hi,  I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?)
> MDB.  I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables,
> forms, etc.  But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option
> to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the
> Ribbon is greyed out too.
>
> Help!
>
> Thanks much,
> Glenn

Try right-clicking the form icon in the navigation pane and select Design
View from the shortcut menu.

--
Brendan Reynolds

0
Brendan
8/13/2007 6:52:41 PM
On Aug 13, 12:52 pm, "Brendan Reynolds"
<brenr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> "Glenn H" <gl...@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message

> > Hi,  I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?)
> > MDB.  I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables,
> > forms, etc.  But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option
> > to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the
> > Ribbon is greyed out too.
>
> > Help!
>
> > Thanks much,
> > Glenn
>
> Try right-clicking the form icon in the navigation pane and select Design
> View from the shortcut menu.
>
> --
> Brendan Reynolds

Hi Brendan,
That is greyed out too.

Thanks,
Glenn

0
Glenn
8/13/2007 6:57:12 PM
> On Aug 13, 12:52 pm, "Brendan Reynolds"
> <brenr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> "Glenn H" <gl...@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message

>> > Hi,  I am new to Access 2007 and having trouble working with a 2003(?)
>> > MDB.  I opened it with the Shift Key down and I can see the tables,
>> > forms, etc.  But when I select a form, I can only open it; the option
>> > to Design the form is greyed out and the entire Forms tab in the
>> > Ribbon is greyed out too.
>>
>> > Help!
>>
>> > Thanks much,
>> > Glenn
>>
>> Try right-clicking the form icon in the navigation pane and select Design
>> View from the shortcut menu.
>>
>> --
>> Brendan Reynolds
>

> Hi Brendan,
> That is greyed out too.
>
> Thanks,
> Glenn

It could be an MDE. If so, you'll need the MDB from which the MDE was
created to make design changes to the forms or reports.

--
Brendan Reynolds

0
Brendan
8/13/2007 7:03:12 PM
On Aug 13, 1:03 pm, "Brendan Reynolds"
<brenr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> "Glenn H" <gl...@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message

> > On Aug 13, 12:52 pm, "Brendan Reynolds"
> > <brenr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
> >> "Glenn H" <gl...@pivotal-z.com> wrote in message

> >> Try right-clicking the form icon in the navigation pane and select Design
> >> View from the shortcut menu.
>
> >> --
> >> Brendan Reynolds
>
> > Hi Brendan,
> > That is greyed out too.
>
> > Thanks,
> > Glenn
>
> It could be an MDE. If so, you'll need the MDB from which the MDE was
> created to make design changes to the forms or reports.
>
> --
> Brendan Reynolds-

Whew!  I knew it was something simple.  <Doh!>
Thanks very much - I was still banging my head on the wall.

Glenn

0
Glenn
8/13/2007 8:35:55 PM
> On Aug 13, 1:03 pm, "Brendan Reynolds"
> <brenr...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>> It could be an MDE. If so, you'll need the MDB from which the MDE was
>> created to make design changes to the forms or reports.

> Whew!  I knew it was something simple.  <Doh!>
> Thanks very much - I was still banging my head on the wall.

Glad to hear that you were able to get it sorted, Glenn. All too often, when
we tell someone that they need the MDB, the response is "oh but we don't
have that any more". I'm afraid there's not much we can do to help when that
happens. :-(

--
Brendan Reynolds

0
Brendan

Inserting form values into a table

Rollup 2 and Office 2007

Excel not Access

New Disk storage

Excel 2007

SQL deadlock problem

docmd.transfertext problem

Exchange update problem

multiple Domain name delivery problem

Grammar check not working

Find prev record on other requeried form
Using access 2003. I have a main form for name and address info. A subform shows limited info on client placement. Click a command button on the main form and user opens another form for full screen entry of placement data. That form opens showing the client selected on the initial main form. When the full screen placement form closes, it requeries the original main form with the placement subform to show the added placement. It goes to the first record in the table though. It does not show the original client whose placement was just added. How do I set the mai...

Creating new attributes

"Save" preferences getting lost
List members: I work on long documents and want to save my work frequently. Every time I set the "Save" preference to a brief interval like five or ten minutes, the preferences seemingly resets itself to a default of thirty minutes. I'm using Word 2008 for the Mac on an Intel running 10.6.2. Thanks in advance for any thoughts. - Mark Pavlick Hi Mark: That indicates that your user ID does not have permission to write to the preference file that Word is using, or that something is replacing the preference file. With the help of your System...

transferring to new pc