New Record

I'm using the following in the On Click of a command button.

DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "frmMyForm", acNewRec

Anyway I can do this without referenceing the Object (Form) name??

James
0
JamesJ

James,

Yes...

DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec

God Bless,

Mark A. Sam

"JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
> I'm using the following in the On Click of a command button.
>
> DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "frmMyForm", acNewRec
>
> Anyway I can do this without referenceing the Object (Form) name??
>
> James

0
Mark
12/11/2007 9:37:23 PM
Thanks

"Mark A. Sam" <MarkASam@EmEssEn.Com> wrote in message
> James,
>
> Yes...
>
> DoCmd.GoToRecord , , acNewRec
>
> God Bless,
>
> Mark A. Sam
>
> "JamesJ" <jjy@adelphia_darwin.net> wrote in message
>> I'm using the following in the On Click of a command button.
>>
>> DoCmd.GoToRecord acDataForm, "frmMyForm", acNewRec
>>
>> Anyway I can do this without referenceing the Object (Form) name??
>>
>> James

0
JamesJ

New items with purchase order integration
I'm running a daily integration to bring purchase orders into GP using Integration Manager. The source is a text file. It works very well. The problem I have is with new items. When there is an item in the source file that does not exist in Great Plains, I would like the integration to fail or skip the line item. Currently, it brings the item into the Purchase Order as a non inventory item. The document will show the item number and the cost but no item description. Where can I change the behavior for this? Unfortunately, with the users that put non-inventory items on POs Wh...

How to change existing table record value by VBA and How to add new record in existing table by VBA
Hi all, I got table in my database with name "tbldata" and i have two fields in that table with the name "Ticket_No" and "Amount". In "Ticket_No" filed column i have value "SD001" and in same row of "Amount" column i have figure "50". With VBA how can i lookup for value "SD001" in "Ticket_No" field and change figure "50" to "30" which is appearing in same row of "Amount" column field. My other question is that how can i add new record in same table with VBA. I want...

Create an instance of new Customized entity by Workflow
I created an entity named E1 under Account entity(Many-to-1 relationship with Account) then I want to create a workflow Rule that after creating an Account an instance of E1 entity is created automatically. It seems Activity creation is possible in workflow automatically! Is any soloution for this issiue? -- Mohsen Ahmadi you can create activities but not custom entities. You would need to either do this by using a callout or by creating a workflow .net assembly that can create the custom entity for you. ======================= John O'Donnell Microsoft CRM MVP http://codegallery.g...

Records with condition
Hi, I have a form "frmbirthsearch" with 2 unbounded objects for birth dates: txtStartDate and txtEndDate with cmdOK command button. How do I write the event procedure (on click) so as when this OK button is clicked the query qryaddress is opened with only the records that are between the 2 mentioned dates? Hello Khalil. Khalil Handal wrote: > Hi, > I have a form "frmbirthsearch" with 2 unbounded objects for birth > dates: txtStartDate and txtEndDate with cmdOK command button. > How do I write the event procedure (on click) so as when this OK > button ...

Hidden fields in new emails
When I begin to type a new message, the text doesn't appear (the words are hidden) until spell check/sending/or printing. When I select the icon for the font color of text (black) it begins to show my typing as I'm composing the message, but the other words (anything I typed in the 'hidden field') only shows up in the spell check portion and remains hidden. Why are my messages starting with this hidden field and how do I get rid of it? I'm sure I must have pressed some command inadvertently as it was not always working like this. (only been using about a week so s...

convert Times New Roman Special G1 into arial
hello. I need to convert a text written with font Times New Roman Special G1, which I downloaded from the internet, into a font availanble in most computers, such as arial. Can you help me please? Thanks a lot. Fabian This newsgroup is for questions about Access, the database product that's part of Office Professional. I suspect you're asking about how to do this with some other product. I'd recommend reposting to a newsgroup related to whatever product it is you're trying to use. If you are talking about Access, please explain what exactly it is that you downloaded fro...

Newbie
I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of Windows Server 2003. When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exchange Management System - EMS) I navigated to Servers - Exchange1 - Protocols - SMTP There's no default SMTP server listed in there. How can I get one in there? -Fran- Did you have IIS installed already? <Fran> wrote in message news:vmrpu1h04d06lpot07kbqu78lnsflpqcaa@4ax.com... >I have installed Exchange 2003 (new install) on a new install of > Windows Server 2003. > > When I went to add info for the SMTP server (using Exch...

Car Trade-In & New Purchase
I've got a car in Money as an asset, and an associated loan. I've never depreciated the value of the car. It's obviously worth a lot less at the time of trade in so I first need to adjust the depreciated value to reflect the trade-in price. The old loan had more on it than the trade-in value. The trade in was subtracted, and the old loan added to the financing of the new car. No down payment was made. So poor asset management aside, how do I get rid of the two accounts for the old car, and generate a new asset and loan account for the new car? If I set up the loan and...

Auto Filling Fields in Current Record from Previous Record
Hello, I have looked through posts related to Auto-Filling a field from a previous record but am still a little unsure of how to do things. What I would like to do is auto fill a field in the current record with one from a different field in a previous record. What I have is a form that records "engine hours" and "tonnes moved" for a piece of equipment. The operator will record the staring hours and tonnes (at the start of a day) and the hours and tonnes at the end of the day. So in the database, I would like the "Starting Hours" and "Starting Tonnes"...

Unable to create new user on CRM 4.0
Hi everyone, I've a problem with my CRM 4.0 server. Since I use dcpromo on it (at first the CRM 4.0 server was DC and now it's only a server) I can't create new user on the CRM. The CRM works perfectly with the actuel user but I can't create/ reactive user... The message is in French, it's quite simple :( No info in the message, it just says me that an error has occured... I tried using the 2 methods in the CRM, it's the same error I don't know what can be the problem, and I don't now what do to ... I need help Thanks Potentially to do with Network Service a...

Error when no records meet criteria
Hi, I have the following code and receive error 1004 Application defined or object defined error on this line Selection.FormatConditions.Add Type:=xlExpression, Formula1:= _ "=AND(RIGHT(D2)<>""r"",B2=4)" Selection.FormatConditions(3).Interior.ColorIndex = 7 because there are no records in this instance of the report for "4" in ColB. I've searched and applied code all to no avail. Can someone please tell me how to write code for when this may occur in any of the situations below? Range("b2:b800").Select ...

More than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window
Does anybody know, how to get more than 100 records in Look Up Records dialog window? For example in Opportunities - I want to add an existing contact to the opportunity, but I can see only 100 records. I dont want to specify any character, I need to choose from all contacts. (It is not the same problem as paging, PagingLimit in SQL can not help) -- thanks Ivana ...

how do I set up a form for record keeping?
need to set up a form that I can record personal information regarding funeral arrangements and biographical information. Unlikely to get too much help as it is almost impossible to know what information you want to keep. Standard name and address templates may be enough with added data for dates, amounts, etc. If you are likely to need huge amounts of data in single fields (cells), you may be better using Access -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "funeral home office assistant" <funeral home office assi...

NEW MENU
Hi, In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from the "most recent" list). How does one do it in Excel 2007? Thanks. "CF" <CF@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6AF8A7BC-5013-4BEC-B13A-3B7B8F4E4220@microsoft.com... > Hi, > In Excel 2003, one could to create a new menu and then choose commands for > such new menu. I used to create a list of files to open (different from > the > "most recent" list). > &g...

Record Macro Relative does not work?
Can someone help me with this macro. I want to go to any cell of my choice and press f2 to edit, then go to the fifth character of that cell, then select the next 6 characters and change them to a smaller font size (8), then "enter". I tried to make this macro using the record macro function, but it did not work how I want it to. It ends up pasting the contents of the cell which I used to record the macro initially. Can this kind of macro be done? To get a relative recorded macro, make sure the stopr recording toolbar is visible, it has 2 icons, one is to s...

How to sometimes open form to new record?
I have a parent form which is then linked to a child form. I want to have two buttons on the parent form, one to open the child form and display all the records with the corresponding foreign key, and one button to open the child form to a new record with the corresponding foreign key already inserted. I have figured out how to open the child form to a new record, but I cannot figure out how to insert the parent ID into the child foreign key. Help! Thanks. Megan, You don't have to enter the ParentID in the Child subfrom records... Establish a one many relationship between the Pa...

new XmlDataDocument(DataSet) throws exception
hi if i try to synchronize a dataset with xml using XmlDataDocument dataDoc = new XmlDataDocument(dataSetName) it throws an exception saying Object reference not set to an instance of the object. WHY? my dataset has 4 tables not related to each other in any way. please respond! ...

What can an Account record be converted from?
The Account record has a 'Originating Lead' field but I cannot see how to convert from the Lead record? If you have a Lead record opened, there's a "Convert Lead..." button on the grid, and there's also a "Convert Lead..." option in the Actions menu. "Agile CRM" wrote: > > The Account record has a 'Originating Lead' field but I cannot see how to > convert from the Lead record? Sorry I didn't explain myself properly. See new question 'How to map Lead fields to Account fields. "Chad Fulda" wrote: > I...

copy record between tables
Hi, I have two tables with same structure. I need to copy a record from oneto other using vba codes. I'd like avoid to copy field to field.Thank you. Without knowing anything about your table structures, something similar to the following:Dim strSQL As StringstrSQL = "INSERT INTO tblCopy SELECT tblOriginal.* " _ & "FROM tblOriginal WHERE tblOriginal.KeyValue = 4"CurrentProject.Connection.Execute strSQL"Alberto" <saveas[at]iol.it> wrote in message news:uk2oUMBYHHA.3656@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...> Hi,> I have two tables with same structure....

Outlook takes long time in new message with word 2003 as editor
Good Day Urgently need help in troubleshooting a problem which is spread among many clients in which Outlook takes long time when you create or reply first message after starting outlook , our clients are windows XP with SP3 and the Microsoft office is office 2003 with SP3 , My machine suffers from this error although i have patched it to the latest updates from Microsoft update , I have Mcafee Viruscan Enterprise 8.5.0i and i have disabled access protection when outlook startes but it did not solve the problem Apprecite quick advice and any troubleshooting tips Ahmedg You mentioned e...

Count number of records after filtering
Hello, Probably a question that's easy to answer but I have been searching for hours now & it's driving me rather crazy: I have applied a filter to a form and now I want to know how many records I have got as a result, or better, I want to know if there are any records left - how do I do that? Tried so far: If Form.Recordset.Count = 0 Then ... If Iserror(Form.RecordSet.Count) Then ... If EOF(Recordset) Then ... but that all does not work. Thanks, Gerwin Gerwin: An easy way is to add a hidden text box, txtCount say, to the form, with a ControlSourc...

Select Records that fall in an external set of ranges (subquery)
HiI have not done subqueries before so I am a bit confused. I have twotables1 - Phone Numbers - (converted to be numeric) (with other fields forlater) and2 - Exchange codes - multiple entries for code with 3 fields -Exchange name (duplication) - Start Range and End Range.I want to return a list of phone numbers that fall into the range fora certain exchange.For example - MRSPOO has 4 entries in the Exchange Table with 4distinct ranges. 200-299, 307-788, 997-1102 and 2036-6698. I would like to be able to return all the phone numbers for a singleexchange code that I would select (using a query...

Imaging new PCs
Our company is getting ready to roll-out new PCs for our Accounting desktop. We are also upgrading from Dynamics 7 to 8. I wanted to include the new Dynamics client install in our Ghost image, but our Accounting people are saying that the consultants do not want us to image these PCs. Can anyone tell me if they know of any issues with Dynamics being part of a desktop image? If so, can you give me the details of the problem? Hi I cannot see any issues to why you cannot do this? Maybe its because different users have different modified forms & reports etc.. I have advise clien...

Checking a folder for new email
Hi, We have a process that sends an email for every message that is processed (3rd party app). This app dies every now and then and the only way we have to find out about it is that we do not receive emails. Is there a way I can have a scrip that runs on my PC that checks every 15mins for emails in this folder? and then, if the oldest email in the folder is older than 2h seen an alert, popup, email or something? Thanks. George. Am Wed, 10 May 2006 15:28:33 -0400 schrieb George Lake: You can use a task reminder. Each time the reminder fires, add 15 minutes to the reminder time with th...

opening an offline .PST file in a new laptop
While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? Raj M <Raj M@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > While trying to open a old .PST file in a new laptop, outlook asks > for MS exchange server and Mailbox name. Not sure what to type in ?? State EXACTLY what you're doing, including the version of Outlook. Unless you have defined an Exchange account in your mail profile you shouldn't be getting that prompt. Open the Mail applet in Control Panel, remove the Exchange account, and add th...