My solution

Using a popup (mode) form is beneficial when you don't want it to become
lost behind another form while it is open.  Since my procedure will work the
way I like only when the form is open in Normal mode, my solution is to
close the form when it loses the focus.  Then click the  button to display
it again.  It turns out that it makes for a better working app and I don't
lose site of my open form.  Note the close method won't work when a form is
in popup mode, becuase a popup form can't receive the focus.

0
Mark

I meant this to be posted as a reply to the thread, "Movesize not
positioning form properly", posted by me on Dec 26.

0
Mark
12/28/2007 1:52:23 PM
We need to see the code you're trying to use to accomplish this.

A Popup form certainly ***can*** receive focus, but it's subject to the same
rule as any other form.

A form can only receive focus (and subsequently lose focus) if if holds no
controls that can receive focus! In other words, if there's a textbox or a
combobox or a command button on the form, and it's enabled, the form itself
cannot receive focus nor lose focus, so using these events in code won't work.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq
12/28/2007 2:27:57 PM
Linq, you are right.  I didn't think of that, but for my purpose, the form
does have enabled controls.

"Linq Adams via AccessMonster.com" <u28780@uwe> wrote in message
> We need to see the code you're trying to use to accomplish this.
>
> A Popup form certainly ***can*** receive focus, but it's subject to the
> same
> rule as any other form.
>
> A form can only receive focus (and subsequently lose focus) if if holds no
> controls that can receive focus! In other words, if there's a textbox or a
> combobox or a command button on the form, and it's enabled, the form
> itself
> cannot receive focus nor lose focus, so using these events in code won't
> work.
>

> --
> There's ALWAYS more than one way to skin a cat!
>
> Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Mark

Possible Solutions for a Tab Like Dialog
I need to implement a dialog which contains buttons, which when clicked shows another dialog or view in the dialog. It should have the functionalities of http://www.codeproject.com/tabctrl/tablikedialog.asp What would be the suggestions regarding the way to go for such an implementation. Hello Effiniti, > I need to implement a dialog which contains buttons, which when > clicked shows another dialog or view in the dialog. > > It should have the functionalities of > http://www.codeproject.com/tabctrl/tablikedialog.asp > What would be the suggestions regarding the way to g...

Macros in Excel(probably a simple solution)
Dear all Hi, I�m having a problem with excel � when I record a macro excel i only making it available in that particular spreadsheet. I need th macros to always be available. This used to be the case in Excel prio to Office 2003. please can someone let me know how I can make thi happen. this is my first post and hopefully i can contribute to the forum fro now on. Cheers Sea -- MrDarc ----------------------------------------------------------------------- MrDarcy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2963 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.co...

Automated solution for SQL Collation change
I am looking for an automated sulution for changing the SQL Collation for Microsoft Dynamics GP Databases ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=8e796b2c-1b78-4e77...

Help with a solution
I need to create a database that would list road names. Each road is then associated with a map or maps (if the road is long, the street could span a few maps) The maps are stored as pdf's on a server. What I would like is for the road name to be selected from a search screen and the list of maps associated with that street to be made available so the user can click the map name or a button to open the corresponding pdf. I have tried to use the DocMgr database by Arvin Meyer, I sucessfully loaded in the maps to the table but in terms of streets with mor ethan one map, I...

How to Change currency in the expense statement spread sheet solutions
how do i change the currency unit from US $ to Indian Rupees in the expense statement or loan calculator when I insert sheets from the spread sheet solutions. 1.open excel 2.Get page Sheet 1,2,3 etc 3.click insert youget general and spread sheet solution 4.Select expense statement Now how to convert the $ there to Indian Rupees Thanks in advance Cafes -- cafes ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cafes's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=35843 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadi...

When I reference a cell in a separate list, I am unable to sort that list and keep the reference. Any suggested solutions?
I have noticed that when I reference a cell (eg, in worksheet 1) from a list (eg, in Worksheet 2) in another spreadsheet, and then sort the list (in Worksheet 2), that I lose me reference (in worksheet 1). Does anyone know how I can alter the reference, or user settings so that I can avoid this problem? Thanks for any suggestions! Hi Mike Instead of pointing to the cell in the second sheet, can you make the entry a Vlookup of some value from the other sheet. Then it will find the correct value, even after sorting. For example, if column A of Sheet1 had Names, and column B was using your e...

Can't get vlookup nor advance filter to give the desired solution.
(excel 2003) I have a data list to search and copy from - it's approx 150 rows x 12 clmns. I need to copy the data (entire row is fine, but only need 8 out of 12 clmns) based on the "Location" . Within "Location" I have 8 different solutions {ex "R1" for room 1, "R2" room 2, and so on} I only need to copy rows that have a "Location". I need to keep a link back to this master workbook, and would like to have this new workbook I'm creating to either auto update or update by a simple macro. Once I have the data cop...

Looking for an e-commerce / e-store solution interfacing w/ CRM (& GP if possible)
We are a software company (and MS certified partner) which is in the process of implementing Dynamics CRM for our own use. We need to find an e-store package which will interface with Dynamics CRM. The shopping cart requirements are trivial, and credit card processing is very standard. The most important thing for us is that when a customer registers at the e-store to download a demo, their account information should appear in CRM as a lead with an opportunity. It would be a big plus if the invoicing info could be passed on to Great Plains, as well. We willing to do customization ...

Spam Solutions?
I am using Norton's Mail Security for Exchange with the Premium Spam add on installed to fight the enormous amount of Spam we recieve. Although it catches a lot of it, recently there has been a bunch of spam still making it thru. Are there any built in actions I can use to helpl combat the problem? I am using Exchange 2003 built into SBS 2003. Thanks for any help! In news:%23RO5CnT7GHA.4404@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl, RGA <blahATblahDOTblah> typed: > I am using Norton's Mail Security for Exchange with the Premium Spam > add on installed to fight the enormous amount of Spa...

3rd Party Solution
I am researching 3rd party solutions for provide barcoding services. We are wanting to implement some kind of inventory and ordering barcode system. I am not exactly sure of the specifics of what we want. I am asking in general if there are specific 3rd party vendors that I could look into for options. We are a printing and distribution company. We need a solution to better track receiving items and materials into our inventory and stock. In theory we would want this to somehow link to the purchase order. I don't know if we just have lofty goals or there really is a solution o...

Offline issue with no solution yet
when I go offline using Sales for Outlook, I get the error "an unknown error has occurred. Retry the action. If the problem persists, contact your system administrator". I have tried changing the LAN settings in internet explorer with no success. I cannot get this to work and am very frustrated! I am currently in contact with MS support so we'll see how that goes. It looks to me like I am going to have to start over with a fresh domain and crm! "Shawn" wrote: > when I go offline using Sales for Outlook, I get the error "an unknown error > has occu...

Deploying a CRM Solution to Clients
Hi. I hope someone can provide some guidance here. What are some methods that can be used for an ISV to package their CRM solution for easy deployment on client systems? We’re new at this – so I’m not sure what information is required for a good answer. Thanks very much! ...

Spam Solution for 10 user network
We're running the Exchange version that bundles with SBS 2003 Premium and need a good SPAM solution. Anyone have a recommendation? With the small number of users, I'm open to either client-side or server-side solutions. Thanks! On Fri, 16 Sep 2005 08:38:29 -0500, "Runner" <pwright@searchsoft.net> wrote: >We're running the Exchange version that bundles with SBS 2003 Premium and >need a good SPAM solution. Anyone have a recommendation? With the small >number of users, I'm open to either client-side or server-side solutions. >Thanks! > How about...

New improved RMS eCommerce Integrated Solution
SIM Retail Solutions www.simretail.com 408.690.2948 ------------------------------------- Having an online presence is imperative for any business owner or service provider. In fact, in the existing online retail scenario if you are looking for your business expansion, and have not yet tapped the advantages of online retailing, then it is the right time to encash. Now, when you consider going online, it could be a possibility that you already own a Microsoft Retail Management System (RMS) and actually require affordable and customizable eCommerce software that works with the RMS. Well, in...

Installer not working
Symptom: Installer just stops and shows a "finished" screen after only 5 minutes. Nothing is installed but a nearly empty folder. Found this solution on the Apple Discussions: Solution: Actually, I did all of those things before posting, with no success. Then, last night, after about my 15th attempt to install Office, I realized the CD/DVD drive sounded awfully slow when accessing the disk. I checked the DVD Player setting and found that the scan rate was set to 4x. I re-set it to the max of 32x and the install went perfectly. I don't know if some disk being played caused the l...

Solution Required
Hi, I have a worksheet with the Sheet named as: Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 Item 4 Item 5 Item 6 I want a code through which i can change the Work Sheet Name as Item 1 Jan Item 2 Jan Item 3 Jan Item 4 Jan Item 5 Jan Item 6 Jan Require your guidance to over come this problem which i have so many sheets in one file and i had to rename all sheets every month. Awaiting for your response. Regards Akash Maheshwari Place the following in a general Visual Basic Module. This should give you an idea of how to do what you want. The subroutine renames both worksheets an...

Solution to my Outlook 2003 email hyperlink problem
After much research, I finally found the solution to my "Outlook 2003 - clicking on all email hyperlinks causes problem" as described in my Sept 24 post. Below is a cut & paste from Microsoft which provided the answer. Their problem description is different from mine, but the resolution worked. Here it is in case anyone else runs into a similar problem: "SYMPTOMS When you click a hyperlink in Microsoft Outlook, you may receive the following error message: This operation has been cancelled due to restrictions in effect on this computer. Please contact your system admini...

many reports solution
Hi, I have a web page to let user to define customized report. For now, just one and two dimension reports. And db has 11 entity tables, and a few tables to join them togeter. 11 entity joined in different path, in different way (1:m. m:m), directly and in-directly. Now the problem is the user want each dimension base on any entity. Then I ned generate P(11,1) + P(11.2) = 11*1 + 11*10 = 121 combinations of group by . Multiple what to report (count(sth) , Sum(this), Sum(that)), I need generate 363 reports. The web page, in users eys, is so simple, just 3 dropdowns an...

RMS multi-store solutions without HQ
Hi all, We are looking for an RMS 2.0 solution, that would work with multi- store implementations without using HQ module. I did find one web solution, but lost the link and can't find it now. Anyone knows about such solutions? Thanks, Stan On Aug 6, 6:00=C2=A0am, Stanis=C5=82aw Juzwicki <sjuzwi...@gmail.com> wrote= : > Hi all, > > We are looking for an RMS 2.0 solution, that would work with multi- > store implementations without using HQ module. I did find one web > solution, but lost the link and can't find it now. Anyone knows about > such solutions? > ...

Fibre2fashion's Software Solution Portal Out Of Beta
Fibre2fashion had initiated a beta service called Software Solutions that can help the software buyers and software providers to get connected in a more efficient manner. This site has been out of beta recently. The site combines news, articles & events aggregation, commentary from industry experts, user-generated content, case- studies, articles, product show-case, etc. http://www.fibre2fashion.com is a premier B2B portal for Apparel, Textile, Fashion and Retail industry. This portal gets more than 1.5 million visitors every month. The industry that this portal focuses on is highly fragm...

SOLUTION
I originally posted to this newsgroup on 2/9/04; but the post disappeared. Below is my "work around". PROBLEM: I'm running Win XP home edition and OL2k IMO via a DSL connection. I have four accounts. Each account accesses the same ISP using the same POP and SMTP server. Accept for the Account Name, each account is setup identically - including the same password (Remember Password is checked). When I click Send/Receive, two of the accounts bring up a dialog box requiring the User Name & Password. The other two do not. QUESTION: Why do you think two of the accounts require...

Wireless scanning solution for RMS
Hello all: We have been using the Psion Workbout Pro loaded with New West Technologies' Moblie Suite program and Linksys SRX access points. We have never had a lot of success with this particular setup. We have tried different types of access points (the D-Link G-700's worked well) but still have had tons of various issues. Is there anyone that has a partocular rock-solid configuration that would be willing to share the hardware/software specs with me? It doesn't necessary have to be true wireless communications (we are currently recommending Symbol PDTs) but I do need...

Third party solution for arithmetic calculations within fields
Hi. I would like to know if there is a third-party solution that would allow for simple arithmetic calculations within GP numeric fields (similar to something that you could do in Excel). Thanks. Zack Zack, Did you check the Extender module in GP? It might be what you are looking for. Regards, -- Mohammad R. Daoud MCP, MCBMSP, MCTS, MCBMSS Mob: +962 - 79 -999 65 85 Great Package For Business Solutions daoudm@greatpbs.com http://www.greatpbs.com http://mohdaoud.blogspot.com/ "Zack G" wrote: > Hi. I would like to know if there is a third-party solution that would > allow ...

Solution needed to sort via button after deleting rows
Hello all, I have a spreadsheet where I have 6 different sets of data that need to be sorted often. This data changes often so I want to do this via a button users can simply click on to sort. Someone here helped me add the buttons and assign a macro to do the sorting and things work fine as long as the spreadsheet stays as is. The problem we couldn't overcome was things go wrong when I have to add or delete some rows within the set of data. For example: I've assigned a macro to a button to sort R58 down to R77 and things work fine. But, when I delete Rows 67, 68, 69, and 70 ...

Wireless Solution For Microsoft CRM 3 With Blackberry and/or Treo
Does anyone know of a good wireless solution for Microsoft CRM that works with the Blackberry and/or Treo? I would like to be able to enter account and contact data on the pda device instead of just being able to have it as a read only device. Thanks. Rick Bellefond RB Data Services www.rbdata.com The CRM Mobile Express edition is relatively easy to install and works with any pda that has Internet access. For Blackberry specific, Ten Digits has a good solution. http://www.tendigits.com/ -- Tad Thompson "Rick" wrote: > Does anyone know of a good wireless solution for M...