Multiple Item Forms

Hi.  I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms.  I
want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called
'SurveyA'.  The multiple item form should then only display the records in a
table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number.  As the ID number is changed
a new group of records should be displayed in the form.

I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box
(i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item
forms.  Please help.

0
afclark82

On Fri, 12 Feb 2010 21:00:28 GMT, "afclark82" <u58164@uwe> wrote:

The "Multiple Item Form" is also known as "Continuous Forms".
Say that you have set the RecordSource to the name of your table
'ActTravDiary'. This would show all records.
Now create a combobox in the form header and bind it to a query that
shows the ID and probably some description from the SurveyA table.
Now create a new query on the 'ActTravDiary' table, and on the ID
field set the criteria to:
Forms!myForm!myCombobox
Save that query and give it a name, say myQuery.
Then set myQuery to be the RecordSource of the form.
(of course you change myObjectNames to yours)

-Tom.
Microsoft Access MVP

>Hi.  I am new to your form and am struggling with the Multiple Item Forms.  I
>want a combo box on the top that will select an id number from a table called
>'SurveyA'.  The multiple item form should then only display the records in a
>table called 'ActTravDiary' with that id number.  As the ID number is changed
>a new group of records should be displayed in the form.
>
>I know how to initiate a change in one combo box based on another combo box
>(i.e. Row Source), but I cannot find a similar property for the multiple item
>forms.  Please help.
0
Tom

adding a new item to existing matrix in rms 2.0
how come when you add an item to an existhing matrix non of the information is being forward from the main matrix (ex. supplier, price, cost, reorder #, barcode format, etc.) even the size, color, and 3rd dimention that you entered to the new item is not being fowarded. what is going on with 2.0 thank jack I think the Matrix is still is a little buggy.. Get all hotfixed up and see if the helps. There have been 3 for 2.0 hotfixes already. "jack" <jack@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:45CB84DE-B9B1-4DAC-9043-D8120CB44472@microsoft.com... > how come...

faxing form
Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? Create a report based on your form then fax the resulting report. Take a look at http://support.microsoft.com/Default.aspx?kbid=231797 hopefully it is what you are looking for. -- Hope this helps, Daniel Pineault If this post was helpful, please rate it by using the vote buttons. "He cries for help" wrote: > Is there a way to fax the form page via the fax modem on my computer? "He cries for help" <Hecriesforhelp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:252D07EA-5886-4B0C-99...

Multiple Sessions of Outlook
Is it possible to run multiple Outlook sessions at the same time with different profiles? sid. No. -- Patricia Cardoza Outlook MVP www.cardozasolutions.com Author, Special Edition Using Microsoft Outlook 2003 ***Please post all replies to the newsgroups*** "Sid" <sidboswell@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:c6b901c3b9ed$98ef8e90$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Is it possible to run multiple Outlook sessions at the > same time with different profiles? > > sid. ...

reference to master form
Hello there I have master form and inside there is subform. If an event procedure uccur on subform, how can i get refence to the master form in order to change there things when the name of the master form is diffrent always? Roy Look in Access HELP for the "Parent." property. Your code will look something like: Me.Parent.... from within the subform. -- Regards Jeff Boyce www.InformationFutures.net Microsoft Office/Access MVP http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/ Microsoft IT Academy Program Mentor http://microsoftitacademy.com/ "Roy Goldhammer" <roy@ho...

Deserialize an XML file with multiple namespaces...
Hopefully I can ask this question without regaling you kind people in too many gory details. Here's what I'm trying to do: - I have a local XML file with a .GPX extension which I downloaded from www.geocaching.com. - The file contains a bunch of elements called <WPT> - Within the WPT elements are a number of other elements <time>, <sym>, <groundspeak:name>... - The non-qualified elements come from a schema/namespace at http://www.topografix.com/GPX/ - The qualified elements come from a schema/namespace at http://www.groundspeak.com/cache - I ran xsd.exe with th...

item look up #3
a customer is having an issue. he scans an item in the pos screen and all details show up. but when he tries to look for it later he cant find it. hes tried it in manager too. he would usse name, or barcode, or anything and still nothing. do we know what the problem is? Thanks If the item is set as inactive (in the item properties) it will not show up in the Find screen, but will scan in at the POS. You can turn off the find option, but I think it is easier to use one of the SOM reports to find the item, such as the price report. The item will show up in any report that includes it as...

How can I refresh the master form from a subform?
Hello. On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am doing. Can you help me with this? Thanks. Iram Iram wrote: >On the After Update of the subform I am trying to refresh the Master form. I >have tried things like Docmd.requery and Me.Refresh, but not sure what I am >doing. Try using: Parent.Requery -- Marsh MVP [MS Access] ...

Modal Form from a child form
Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from form A. I can to this with showDialog(), but it open form B outside MDI form (Main Menu) and it is showed on the windows bar as another application opened. So the question is, there are any way to open a modal form from a child form inside a MDI form? Thanks El Alquimista wrote: > Hi, I have a little problem, I have a MDI form (Main Menu), this form > open a child form (A), and I need to open a form B as modal form from > form A. I c...

Using Matrix Items
Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? -- Thank You Vince :) What are the dimensions you use? Rob "Vince" <Nagarra@yahoo.com.(donotspam)> wrote in message news:E001F1F0-3002-4E1B-8E75-8E62FC6EC01C@microsoft.com... > Someone...want to tell me how or if I can default which item is first > (selected) when a matrix item is scanned? Is there a way to set this up? > -- > Thank You > Vince :) Using Lot Matrix, what I have is a six pack of coke or a sin...

Data source for PivotTable-Form in ACCESS 2000
Hi, this drives me crazy, 4 years ago I defined in an ACCESS 2000 application a "PivotTable-Form". The resulting EXCEL table inclusive the "Data refresh" works perfect. I now want to update/change the query for the "Data Source" but cannot find which query is behind the "PivotTable-Form" or behind the resulting EXCEL spreadsheet. When editing the properties for the "PivotTable-Form" or the EXCEL spreadsheet the "Data Source" is always blank. Question: Where does Access 2000 or EXCEL 2000 hide the respective data source (Query)...

SBS 2008 Fax Sent Items Not showing all faxes sent
Hello, I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP and Windows 7 64bit client machines. Currently they can only see their sent faxes. In SBS 2003 they were able to see all sent faxes. Any suggestions? Could you create an Outlook rule based on the fax sent acknowledgement that copied the fax to a public folder? "RodSoh" <RodSoh@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A4541A0E-18C2-4A83-A13D-8E7D045C29E8@microsoft.com... > Hello, > > I need to allow sent faxes to be seen by all users. I have Windows XP...

entering multiple costs for an item
I am very new to Retail Management, and am trying to enter inventory, and create a purchase order. I can't figure out how to enter various costs for the same item from the same supplier. For example, when we purchase in lots of 50 pcs., the item cost is .50 per item (total cost of 25.00). However, if we purchase in lots of 100 pcs, the item cost is .47 per item (total cost of 47.00). We can also purchase the item in boxes of 10 (5.50 per box for a cost of .55 per item). How can I enter these costs so when I place a purchase order, the cost will be correct according to the quant...

I don't have 'as items arrive' option
I have the 5 minute synch option, which works great. But I do not have the 'as items arrive' option. Yes, I am running a MSFP version, I checked the build. Man I am so close to gettting this to work. Please help. Thanks, On Mon, 2 Apr 2007 12:42:00 -0700, MidMOman <MidMOman@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have the 5 minute synch option, which works great. >But I do not have the 'as items arrive' option. >Yes, I am running a MSFP version, I checked the build. >Man I am so close to gettting this to work. > >Please help. Thanks, You are either mist...

Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting
Select multiple adjacent cells of multiple cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. those cells looks like; |adjacent cells |cells| |some characters | A | |some characters | B | |some characters | A | |some characters | A | |some characters | B | I am trying to select adjacent cells of A cells without selecting adjacent cells one by one. Thank you for your help. Adjacent in this case, means? If desired, send your file to my address below. I will only look if: 1. You send a copy of this message on an inserted sheet 2. You give me the newsgr...

Pull Data From Multiple Tables ????
Hi I will have 4 tables name "TblCostomers","TblVendors","TblAccounts", TblExpenses" Now i have a for name "FrmDrVouchers" that has a table "TblDrVouchers" in source. This form has two TxtBox Control name "TxtAccountNo" and "TxtAccountName" If User enters a Account No., It pulls the Account Name from Any One of these Table. I can do this if I have only one table. But tell me how can i do it while I have 4 tables for One Field of a table Thank you.. -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://...

problem with multiple SMTP domains in Exchange Server 2003
Hi there I have added a second SMTP domain to the Email Addresses (Policy) as follows: Recipients > Recipient Policies > Default Policy > Email Addresses (Policy) > New ... > SMTP Address > @xyz.com > (checked) This Exchange Organization is responsible for all mail delivery > to this address > Apply. When I do so, I no longer receive external emails on the first SMTP domain (@abc.com). Is this related to relay settings, or perhaps something else? Best regards Loane ...

view multiple public calendars
We have seven public folders set up as calendar for room appointments. How can we view them side by side as shared calendars? The only way I can think of implementing this is to set up 7 user accounts and share their calendars. -- Posted via a free Usenet account from http://www.teranews.com version of outlook? if 2003 or 2007, add them to the public folder favorites and they'll be in the calendar list. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Need Help with Common Tasks? http://www.outlook-tips.net/beginner/ Outlook 2007: http://www.slipst...

Auditing Mailbox item access
Don't ask me why I am asking, you don't want to know....but Is it possible to monitor and log access not only to a mailbox, but actually to individual items within the mailbox and be able to trace it back to the specific item and user who accessed it? I am aware of the ability to log when a non-primary account logs into a mailbox, but that is not granular enough for the scenario I need to look into. The powers that be want to be able to see not only who accessed a particular mailbox, but actually who accessed a particular message within that mailbox. Just wanted to know if...

Tying tables to forms
I have four connected tables that work well as table input but when I put them in a form some of the fields will not let me make entries. Does this happen because I am using the Id fields and subsequent data from the wrong tables? -- Taylor It sounds like you have created a non-updatable form. One cautionary note first: Don't tie your forms directly to the tables. Use queries instead. The queries will act as a stop light for which data is written and when. If more than one person tries to make a change to the same record at the same time, you will run into problems. From wha...

Stop Buttons showing when opening up form
I have a button on my Main Start up page that when click makes these buttons visible, but when I open up my DB they automatically show on start up, is it possible they not be visible till I click ckbHelp.......Thanks for any Help.....Bob Private Sub ckbHelp_Click() If ckbHelp = True Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = True cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = True End If If ckbHelp = False Then cmbHelpNewHorse.Visible = False cmbHelpActFinHorse.Visible = False End If End Sub Bob, In design view, set the property pf the *button* Visible=No Regards/Jacob "Bob" <xxx@xx.xx> wrote i...

Using Excel to design business forms
I have been using excel hit and miss to design business forms. I have been pretty successful but in many places I have found myself doing many inelegant things to get stuff to layout. Is there a good place to start looking to see how this is done properly, as I have seen many well done forms produced in excel. ...

List all row source for all forms, reports etc.
Hi I'm doing some work cleaning out old unused forms, reports and queries. I have been going through each report in a database (There are A LOT), determining its row source query, then marking it for deletion. I will eventually end up going through and deleting all the unused queries. As you can imagine this is time consuming, and I was thinkg 'there must be a FASTER way" Does anyone have a suggestion, or link to a pre-built function or model that could assist me? Regards Darragh On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 22:14:18 -0800 (PST), Darragh <darragh.murray@gmail.com> wrote: >Hi...

Cannot view any form in crm 3.0
We have just installed CRM 3.0 on MS server 2003. I have created an account which has a system administrator role assigned to it. The issue is that when I open CRM web (on the server) when I select account, contact, activities, calendar etc... I get the following error: An error has occured. For more information, contact your system administrator. Now if I open CRM web using an account which has restricted access mode ticked, I don't get any errors, everything opens fine. The problem is that with an restricted access code i can't do much. I have tried assigning different roles ...

Bug with controls location and scrollbars in a Windows Form
Hi, I've noticed a bug with WinForm and scrollbars, and I would like to know if there is a workaround ... Bug description : ------------------------ 1) create a win form, and add 3 buttons : * FirstButton : upper left corner of the winform * SecondButton : location = (0 ; 600) * ThirdButton : location = (100, 600) 2) Set : ThirdButton.Visible = false 3) Set the Form size to 100 x 100 ... and set : AutoScroll = true 4) Add the following event handler to the Click event of FirstButton and SecondButton ... private vo...

RMS--Multiple Loyalty Clubs
Does anyone make an add on to allow for multiple loyalty clubs per client? I would like to be able to set it up so that I can either print out a certificate every month and send the customer a voucher for their reward points for the particular club, or set it up so that certain levels of points trigger certificates for redemptions for certain SKUs of product vs. a flat cash credit to their account. contact me at secure payment systems for some really cool options regarding our loyalty card program that we are integrating with microsoft's retail management system right now. It's...