Multi-Search results into One Table

Hi All! I'm up for a bit of advice again!! You guys totally helped me out
about a year ago!

http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access-forms/42886/Create-a-Search-using-Surnames-Firstnames-and-Invoice-Numbers#1163066276113601211570m73g2000cwdgooglegroupscom

And now I'm up for some help again!! PLEASE!!!

I have got a form which I need to search the following data: Surname -
Fistname - Invoice Number.
The search button I've got at the moment is a search textbox combined with
the following query:-

Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*"

Resulting in a phrase prediction search on the unbound textbox called
'Search' whatever field I dedicate the query to it will search.

At the moment I have the query seaching Firstname, Surname & Invoice Number.
Which works fine until I want to search on the name John Smith or Mark
Matthews etc. when it comes up with over 500 records to sort through because
it won't except the whole name only either: John or Smith not the name in
full. It just becomes a little annoying after a while.

So my Question in short is Can you create a search textbox for 'Surname' and
a search textbox for 'Firstname' and could the results still be presented in
the same table?

If not any other suggestions would be appreciated!!

Thanks in advance!
Luke

Mrx

Take a look at:
    Search form - Handle many optional criteria
at:
    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html

There's a downloadable example of how to create search boxes for as many
fields as you wish.

"Mrx via AccessMonster.com" <u28616@uwe> wrote in message
> Hi All! I'm up for a bit of advice again!! You guys totally helped me out
> about a year ago!
>
> http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forum.aspx/access-forms/42886/Create-a-Search-using-Surnames-Firstnames-and-Invoice-Numbers#1163066276113601211570m73g2000cwdgooglegroupscom
>

> And now I'm up for some help again!! PLEASE!!!
>
> I have got a form which I need to search the following data: Surname -
> Fistname - Invoice Number.
> The search button I've got at the moment is a search textbox combined with
> the following query:-
>
> Like "*" & [Forms]![Search]![Search2] & "*"
>
> Resulting in a phrase prediction search on the unbound textbox called
> 'Search' whatever field I dedicate the query to it will search.
>
> At the moment I have the query seaching Firstname, Surname & Invoice
> Number.
> Which works fine until I want to search on the name John Smith or Mark
> Matthews etc. when it comes up with over 500 records to sort through
> because
> it won't except the whole name only either: John or Smith not the name in
> full. It just becomes a little annoying after a while.
>
> So my Question in short is Can you create a search textbox for 'Surname'
> and
> a search textbox for 'Firstname' and could the results still be presented
> in
> the same table?
>
> If not any other suggestions would be appreciated!!
>
> Thanks in advance!
> Luke

0
Allen
6/15/2007 7:22:20 AM
Thanks Champ! I'll have a look now!
Luke

Allen Browne wrote:
>Take a look at:
>    Search form - Handle many optional criteria
>at:
>    http://allenbrowne.com/ser-62.html
>
>There's a downloadable example of how to create search boxes for as many
>fields as you wish.
>
>> Hi All! I'm up for a bit of advice again!! You guys totally helped me out
>> about a year ago!
>[quoted text clipped - 31 lines]
>> Thanks in advance!
>> Luke