MS Access 2007, Forms

When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it
isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to
find it in Office Online or on the web.

Does anyone know where I can get it?

Access 2007 has 25 AutoFormats, but as you noticed, they are virtually all new ones. It's actually
nice to see that these were updated.

To get the older Ricepaper style you could probably create a form in an earlier version of Access
and then import it into your current database. If you're using the ACCDB file format, you would have
to convert that file (with the one form) up to ACCDB and then import it in.

--
Jeff Conrad - Access Junkie - MVP Alumni
Software Development Engineer in Test

Co-author - Microsoft Office Access 2007 Inside Out
Presenter - Microsoft Access 2007 Essentials
http://www.accessmvp.com/JConrad/accessjunkie.html
Access 2007 Info: http://www.AccessJunkie.com

----------
http://www.microsoft.com/info/cpyright.mspx
----------

"Jim" wrote in message:

> When using the "Forms Wizard", I need to use the "Style: Ricepaper", but it
> isn't available in the 2007 version and I have not been successful trying to
> find it in Office Online or on the web.
>
> Does anyone know where I can get it?

0
Jeff
5/5/2007 2:20:21 AM
Sure, here's what you do.

1. Go to the computer with Access 2003
2. Create a new, blank database
3. Open a new form in Design view
4. Click the AutoFormats button and select Ricepaper
5. Save the form and close the database
6. Get this database on the computer running Access 2007 (e-mail, flash drive, network share,
courier pigeon, etc.)
7. Open up your main database using Access 2007
8. Import that one form into your main database

That's it.

If you think you might do this a lot, go back to step three and create a new form for each
AutoFormat style in the older version. Just keep this database of form AutoFormats handy whenever
you need it. You could also do the same for the report formats as well if you'd like.

--

"Jim" wrote in message:

> I was hoping that wouldn't be the only way to get it.  I don't have an
> earlier version of Access.  2007 is the only one I have.  I have access to
> some computers that have XP with Access 2003, could I get it from there and
> how?  I'm running Vista (not the upgrade).

0
Jeff

First Try at Creating a User Form
I have exhausted my search abilities to find an answer to what should be a simple question. I created a user form that pretty much duplicates the built in Data Form. The major difference is that it does not contain all of the fields in the data base -- just a few of them and it doesn't have all of the controls only a Next and Previous control as well a Close. The form is just what I want but I can't figure out how to get it to display the values of the fields when I open it. That is the first problem.. I want it, like the built in form, to show the values of fields for each recor...

Office Pro 2007 Trial
I downloaded and installed the 2007 Professional 60 day trial, but Outlook is not included. What gives??? Do you have a prior version of Outlook already installed? If so, you must uninstall it prior to install the trial, which will then give you the opportunity to install Outlook 2007. "Goody" <Goody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7C3EB9D2-74A9-432B-8F6E-EE813095B332@microsoft.com... |I downloaded and installed the 2007 Professional 60 day trial, but Outlook is | not included. What gives??? On 22 Jun, 19:09, "Tom Willett" <tompep.....

macro in excel 2007
I was able to access the macro trust level. My excel has customized form fields that don't show unless I populate the second options, what is the third option, will it let the fields stay available so I don't have to populate everytime? I have a trusted source. Hi Tillie, Without seeing the actual macro code (assuming that you issue is controlled by code and not by worksheet protection) then I don't think it is possible to answer your question. You probably should talk to whoever set up the worksheet. "access the macro trust level" only allows you to decide wheth...

Can office small business 2003 be upgraded to professional 2007
I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business version? John in MN wrote: >I have Offise Small Business 2003 and need to upgrade to 2007 or newer. Can >I upgrade from Small Business version to the Professional Version and have >all the programs of 2007? Or can I only upgrade to the Small Business >version? > > Yes you can upgrade to Office 2007 Professional and the good news is...

MS Query Column Headings and Calculated Fields
I'm using MS Query to pull data from an ODBC data source. Everything works fine and I can extract data just great. I'm wondering, however, calculating some fields with the query. I can't seem to add a column heading without enclosing the heading in quotes. That would normally be fine, but everytime I go to edit the query and extra set of quotes is added to the column heading. Is there any way to get around this? I also would like to know if there is a way to use calculated fields in other calculations. If so, is there any documentation out there on how to do this? Thanks, -...

Access down grade?
Hi, all I have a user access 2k database with few form(access interface to execute access macroes. I need to down grade the forms to access 97. so I can use access 97 instead of access 2k. Tables and queries and macroes, I don't have problem to down grade but forms. ANy ideas? Thanks, Tools>DatabaseUtilities>Convert Database> To prior version Regards Peter Russell new previously wrote: > Hi, all > > I have a user access 2k database with few form(access interface to > execute > access macroes. > > I need to down grade the forms to access 97. so ...

Why is 2007 so Damn Slow???
I recently upgraded from 2000 to 2007, and I notice a HUGE difference in speed. 07 takes forever to load, but so did 00 if I had a very large spreadsheet, but once it was loaded I could zip around very quickly from page to page. With 07, once it's loaded it can stall forever going from page to page or even cell to cell. And to close it out takes forever as well. Sometimes it will just close out in stages. Normally you might think this is due to not enough ram, but I've got a gig of ram in my laptop and I do diagnostic checks several times a week. It was never a problem with 00. Am...

need to get form property
hi, this is probably a very easy solution but I can't figure it out. I have Form A (frm_ARCall), subForm B (sfrm_ARCallInv) and Form C. From Form C, I want to change the Record Source property of subform B. I have tried many things but they have all failed. The latest is: Forms![frm_ARCall]![sfrm_ARCallInv]![Form].[RecordSource] = "fqry_ttARCallInv" NOTE: This line of code is on Form C which is a subform on another form (Form D). Please help -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-forms/201002/1 t...

Import MS Word 2003 Table to Excel
I have a word document that has many tables. I need to take each table and put them into one cell in excel if possible. I have several test documents that I was able to transfer the information from Word to Excel in a row per record. I need to keep the tables with their respective row(record). Any help is greatly appreciated. ...

Sync Outlook 2007 Desktop and Laptop
Is there a way to synchronize the outlook files (pst) between my Desktop and Laptop computers? I am running Windows Professional 7 and Office 2007 on both computers. Glenn;110193 Wrote: > Is there a way to synchronize the outlook files (pst) between my Desktop > and > Laptop computers? I am running Windows Professional 7 and Office 2007 > on both > computers. See if something here helps: http://www.slipstick.com/outlook/sync.asp -- Brian Tillman [MVP-Outlook] -- tillman1952 http://forums.slipstick.com I would like to recommend you this program I...

Cannot access Hotmail
When I use IE8, IE6, Forefox or Safari I cnnot connect to Hotmail. The page title is Sign in, but the screen is white. The onlyway I can get this to work is put IE8 into compatibility view. Any ideas? HOW TO Optimize IE for Windows Live Hotmail (Revised 08 March 2010) http://windowslivehelp.com/solution.aspx?solutionid=3c7c3338-369e-4220-b29d-71ce660fe5a0 Solutions for Common Hotmail Problems http://windowslivehelp.com/solutions.aspx?productid=1 Hotmail Community Forums <=post all Hotmail-specific questions here! http://windowslivehelp.com/forums.aspx?productid=1 ...

CRM V3C "View in CRM" Issues on Office 2007 / Vista
I believe I've seen a few posts for this issue, but I couldn't find a resolution. I've got CRM V3C installed on Office 2007 / Vista. For each item (Contacts, Emails, Tasks, Appt's), each time I hit "Track in CRM" and "Set Regarding/Parent" it works fine - as it does create the appropriate record in CRM and create the correct "Regarding" Relationship. The problem is whenever I hit "View in CRM", it's opening a blank screen with the following URL "https:// crm//_root/stage.aspx" This is happening if I select a Contact, ...

how can I retreive unsaved word 2007 document
How can I retreive unsaved word 2007 document? If you didn't save it, there is nothing to retrieve. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "Retreive Document" <Retreive Document@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:08A7A383-ABDC-41FD-9E1F-...

Powerpoint 2007 hyperlink menu item grayed out
I was successful in linking 2 shapes to custom shows in my document but can't repeat my success because my hyperlink menu item is grayed out. I think it has to do with a compatibility option box that showed up and I must have clicked the wrong choice, disabling this function? How to fix? Thank you On 1/20/10 1:38 PM, in article A6394C7E-C4BA-4DC1-9C85-E0CCA39F4445@microsoft.com, "plwbiz" <plwbiz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I was successful in linking 2 shapes to custom shows in my document but can't > repeat my success because my hyperlink...

Print Access report along with an outside checklist
Good afternoon Is it possible to print a report that's in Access and then right after print an Excel checklist? Background: I work for a large construction company that does regular maintenance on their equipment. Right now we print a parts ticket of the parts required for the particular service they are doing & then we print a copy of the manufacturer's check list of what should be done (which is an excel document). They would like to automate this procedure so that when you print the parts ticket it will automatically print the required manufacturer's ...

Creating a simple form in Outlook 2003
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_000B_01C3FAEF.C4CC0AA0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Can someone walk me through how I would set up a simple form in Outlook, = that when sent, the form would be in active visual mode when received by = a recipient? I don't find the help very helpful. I.e.... how about as an example it would ask the question "What day = would be best for you:". To the right of that I would like a simple drop = down menu that would have the choices Monday to ...

Error while installing language pack in MS CRM 4.0
Hello people, Downloaded and installed a couple of language packs succesfully in MS CRM 4.0. However, when I log into the CRM interface to actually activate the language pack I get an error when I try that. When I look at the application log in Windows, I can see the following error coming form the MSCRMWebService: MUI Provisioning failed. Error: Cannot insert duplicate key row in object 'dbo.LocalizedLabel' with unique index 'ndx_LocalizedLabel_ForSingleSelect'. The statement has been terminated. Anyobdy a suggestion ? Many thanks in advance ! Regards, Mav. I have...

Access: Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files
Hi. I created a form in MS Access 2007 Enterprise Edition. I added a chart to it with a query as a record source. Everytime when I open the form, the wizard starts, saying "Please wait while Setup prepares the neccessary files" and soon the message "Configuring Microsoft Access Enterprise..." follows. It is annoying to see this everytime I try to use the form. Is there any particular reason for such a behaviour of the Access? Regards, Vedran. Hi Vedran, I suspect that some registry setting is not being written if you open the database as a normal user. By chance are y...

Word 2003: Possible to Use both Forms and Tracked Changes Protect
I've not been able to figure out a way to protect a document so that one section is protected for filling in forms only, and another section is protected in tracked changes mode. I want to create better contract templates for use by our sales teams (thus the forms protection - they can only fill in the gray fields and not alter other sections of the template), while allowing our clients to made modifications to the terms in the subsequent pages. I find Word protection features very limited. Hopefully it's better in 2007. Thank you. A document can only have one type ...

Password recovery in MS MOney 2002?
I've forgotten the password for an occasionally used MS MOney 2002 file. Any tips on how to recover the password? TIA In microsoft.public.money, Jennifer McBride wrote: >I've forgotten the password for an occasionally used MS MOney 2002 file. >Any tips on how to recover the password? TIA > http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&q=password.recovery+money+2002&btnG=Google+Search has many offerings -- some of which have free trials that will tell you the first two or 3 characters. That could be enough to jog your memory. I have no knowledge or...

Accessing an OST file
I have a user that is looking for a long lost email that she "hopes" she saved. Of course, she has many, many PST files. The email is not in any of those. There are 3 OST files in the default Outlook folder on her computer. Is there a way to open and search those files? I've done some research and have read that if the OST is orphaned, then you need to buy software that will let you convert the OST to a PST. That doesn't seem to be the case here, it is in her windows folder. Thanks "JohnB" <jbrigan@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:...

Pub 2007: fill and line colours only show up as black and white
I've used Publisher for years and have never encountered this problem until today. I'm running Publisher 2007 on Windows XP (Service Pak 2) with a Canon PIXMA iP4000. The print set up is for colour (not greyscale). I can change the colour of text, and the jpeg images I've imported display in full colour but suddenly, my current document will not display any line colours or fill colours except black, white or NONE, regardless of what other colours I select. It's as if some hidden default setting has suddenly been turned on. For example, if i create a rectangle and g...

New Users can't Access Mailbox
An NT4 BDC with Exchange 5.5 running with W2k3 AD (as PDC emulator) in a single domain. The original NT4 PDC was upgraded in place. Note: old users are those created before the in-place (NT4 to W2k3) upgrade and new users are those created after the upgrade. Why can't new users access their Exch5.5 mailbox while all old users have no problem accessing it? New users can only logon to the domain and that's it. What am I missing? I'm completely lost. Have you specified Primary NT account for mailbox correctly? Compare account properties between old and new, there should be some ...

Options for Accept Changes -- 2007
I'm a newbie in Word 2007 (just changed over from 2003 on Monday). So far, I'm not impressed. (Okay, I'm not favorably impressed.) On the review ribbon, the default option for the Accept check mark is "Accept and Move To Next." Is there any way to change that default to simply "Accept Change"? 99.9% of the time, I want to accept a change AND STAY RIGHT WHERE I AM. I don't want to jump several pages and then try to figure out where I was. While I'm at it, Shift-F5 doesn't seem to work to take me back to where I was. Is there another ...

access to excel form analysis access 2007
Hello In access 2003 i coould analyse forms in excel but in 2007 the is no function can this still be done! ...