Microsoft Word Table design in Access 2007

Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word
table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or
below the description field?  I'm creating a database for development
business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or
identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule.  I don't want this
to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in.
Thanks in advance!

You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines.
You would need to add spacing and some character as dividers.

--
Build a little, test a little.

"JFREE223" wrote:

> Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word
> table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or
> below the description field?  I'm creating a database for development
> business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or
> identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule.  I don't want this
> to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in.
> Thanks in advance!
The memo option isn't dynamic enough to meet output needs.  Thanks for the
suggestion though.

"KARL DEWEY" wrote:

> You could use a memo field but the data will not be separated by grid lines.
> You would need to add spacing and some character as dividers.
>
> --
> Build a little, test a little.
>

> "JFREE223" wrote:
>
> > Is there a method for inserting a table (not an access table, but a word
> > table with columns/rows/header, etc...) in a description field in a form or
> > below the description field?  I'm creating a database for development
> > business rules and sometimes a business rule needs a table to explain or
> > identify the heirarchy/relationship of items for the rule.  I don't want this
> > to link to anything else but the Business Rule ID that I am currently in.
> > Thanks in advance!

Outlook 2007 Instant Search
Sorry for the repost, I posted in the wrong area. I was hoping to get some clarification on this issue. We are running Outlook 2007 on Windows XP SP3. When we moved from Outlook 2003 to 2007 we noticed a change in how Outlook searches for email. We are also using cache mode now as well with 2007, not with 2003. Basically, you can’t use wildcards in Windows Search, and any search acts as if there is a “*” wildcard at the right edge of the search term, but not at the left edge. For example, , searching for “vand” will bring up emails with “Dave Vandertie” in the “From:” field, ...

Needing a access report to captilize mutiple fields
here's the problem, we have a report that is in colums that has the same duplicate fields listed. In the first data field of Rank (this is a military file) we can use the > symbol to force the report to captilize the data in that field, but the other fields that a use the same data field will not print upper case. any ideals thanks danny danny wrote: >here's the problem, we have a report that is in colums that has the same >duplicate fields listed. In the first data field of Rank (this is a military >file) we can use the > symbol to force the report to captil...

Backup Exec Access Denioed Exchange Mailboxes
since installing CRM on SBS2003 we can no longer backup our exchange mailboxes. error 'access denied'. recreating a new job wil not allow the public/mailbox store selection. this problem has been escalated with veritas who cannot fix it (we have tried reinstals, permissions etc), the problem coincides with a CRM install. any thoughts? "jonathan" <jonathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0EE199E1-7623-4F58-9408-86B456731A5D@microsoft.com... > since installing CRM on SBS2003 we can no longer backup our exchange > mailboxes. error 'access ...

Excel 2007 (Not Responding)
I have a vba program that I created to run through a list, and then find that item on another sheet. If found it changes the font to bold and adds a background color. Then it goes back to the original list and does the same thing for the next item and all items in that list. The first list has about 1,000 records and the second sheet has about 1,500 records. Everything has been working fine until yesterday. Now for some reason excel hangs up (Not Responding) and always in a different place. I have also noticed some weird behavior when running the sub manually for a while th...

Word 2003 Proofing Text
I have genuine Office Professional 2003 in English. I work in English and Portuguese. I cannot get Word to run Spell Check in Portuguese. It says I need to install the Service Pack. I have tried Service Pack 1 and 2. But when I try to install I get this message: THE EXPECTED VERSION OF THE PRODUCT WAS NOT FOUND ON YOUR SYSTEM. How can I fix this? Why does it have to be so complicated?????? Thanks! Larry ...

ActiveX Combo Box controls Pivot Table Filter field
Hi All I have an ActiveX Combo box at the top of my spreadsheet that I would like to be able to change, and have it also update the pivot table (called: 'RPPAFinancial') filter field 'Centre'. Does anyone know of a way to achieve this? I am using Excel 2003. Kind regards Adam Adam, Can you upload a sanitized version of your spreadsheet so that I can go through it and understand what you want to achieve properly? Would be happy to help. Mohit Khurana, CFA http://ExcelMatic.blogspot.com On 26 May, 10:11, Rishie <Mohit.aka.Ris...@gmail.com> wrote: > Adam, > &g...

Outlook using MS Word as e-mail editor
I always use MS Word as the text editor for Outlook e-mails. I now get an error message when trying to send an e-mail "Interface not Registered" and the e-mail does not send - I have to uncheck the option of using MS Word and e-mails can be sent. Another problem which seems to have occured at about the same time is when using Internet Explorer V6 and then try to get a second window of Explorer by selecting an item and holding the shift key the 2nd window fires up but remains blank with the egg-timer running. (It is nothing to do with pop-ups being blocked). This is causing pr...

sending mail with outlook 2007 mail from bellsouth.net
I am using Outlook 2007 with Bellsouth.net and can receive mail, but not send. I use the following settings in the boxes: Incoming and outgoing mail servers both are mail.bellsouth.net Box for "require login using Secure password Authentication (SPA)" is UNCHECKED Box for "My outgoing server (SMTP) requires authentication" is CHECKED and the radio button "use same settings..." is marked Under advanced settings "Incoming server (POP3)" is set to 110 and "encripted settings (SSL) is UNCHECKED "Outgoing server (SMTP)"...

Pivot table loss formatting after update
I have a Pivot table links to the data in a worksheet. I spent several hours to format the pivot table and a chart using the data. The formatting of the Pivot table and chart is loss after I update the data and REFRESH the pivot table and chart. Then I have to start all over again from squaer one to format the Pivot table and Chart. Is there a way to retain the formatting of the Pivot table and the chart after refreshing it? Thanks hi Paul try the following to preserve your formats: -On the pivot toolbar, choose 'PivotTable-Table Options' -check 'Preserve formatting' HTH Fra...

How to make a poster in four parts in Word or Publisher
I am trying to print a poster using four letter size pieces of paper. Anyone know how? I have tried in Word and Publisher. I don't know whether this is a printer issue or user error or program function. Thanks Brenda AlexAngelGirl wrote: > I am trying to print a poster using four letter size pieces of paper. > Anyone know how? > I have tried in Word and Publisher. I don't know whether this is a > printer issue or user error or program function. Thanks Brenda =============================== Did you try going to....File / Page Setup... and enter the size you wish to create...

Client host rejected: Access denied due to junk mail relaying (a0006)
I can't seem to send emails from Outlook 2002 - it keep on coming back with message undeliverbale and with this message: Client host rejected: Access denied due to junk mail relaying (a0006) Speak to your ISP. It sounds like someone thinks you (or all users in your domain) are guilty of sending junk email and have blocked you. See this companies policy for example... http://www.vicnet.net.au/help/spampolicy.htm "TheDon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049801c3a69e$900e3680$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I can't seem to send emails from O...

insert a page from microsoft word
Can I insert a wrod page in to Publisher??? Sure. Right-click your text box, click change text, click text file, browse to your Word document. Or, Select all in Word, copy/paste. Or, file, import Word document. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "dick9425" <dick9425@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D87F2169-F51E-4692-938E-69B2575BA72F@microsoft.com... > Can I insert a wrod page in to Publisher??? ...

Outlook 2007 message Recovery
URGENT HELP NEEDED Looking for a tool that can extract messages from outlook 2007 files, have tried repair but failed Is this the origonal data file, that was working? Does this mean you cannot open the data file (pst)? Repair, was this scanpst.exe? "Ben Ramsay" <benramsay@optusnet.com.au> wrote in message news:DAF7DABC-E48E-4926-B099-2C1B0CFFA1C3@microsoft.com... > URGENT HELP NEEDED > > Looking for a tool that can extract messages from outlook 2007 files, have > tried > repair but failed > No, it is a recovered file, yes i can't open it becaus...

Pivot Table Toolbar #3
When I right click in the tool bar area and try to include the pivot table tool bar no additional buttons appear but just a blank row in the tool bar area? I'm confused. Do I have a setting wrong in my Excel setup? I was hoping for some options that included the option to include formulas in my pivottable. -- thanks, mc Please disregard question - found my problem - I just needed to reset my buttons. -- thanks, mc "dallin" wrote: > When I right click in the tool bar area and try to include the pivot table > tool bar no additional buttons appear but just a bla...

Delete multiple files from a folder using an Access Database
Good Morning All, I am not sure if I am posting this in the right place, but please bear with me. I am trying to run a db query to quickly populate a database with filenames from a folder on my hard drive. Then in turn I would like to be able to delete files from the folder, based on my deletes in the database. I hope that this makes sense. I am currently using the following code in the Visual Basic editor to populate my table with the necessary data: Sub GetGameFiles() Dim strFile As String Dim strFolder As String Dim strSQL As String strFolder = "C:\path\to\thefile\iwantadded\tothi...

Outlook & Word Replying to HTML Messages
HI Using Outlook 2002 and it is so slow on replying to HTML Messages via Word, is there anyway to speed it up without switching to the std editor ? Sometimes it can take upto a minute to load and I can not handle it anymore agggghhh. ...

Roaming outlook 2007 account settings with exchange 2007
I have an exchange 2007 server setup, and all of my clients are using outlook 2007. Some of them also use isp mail accounts to send and receive messages. they can configure them on their local machine, but as soon as they switch machines, they have to setup their local accounts again, even though i have it set for the exchange account to be added automatically. I have application data being redirected through group policy for all users. How can i get the isp accounts to transfer too? Thanks, Matt Matthew Bilsky <matt@mattcomp.com> wrote: > I have an exchange 2007 server...

I cannot write in Tamil in Outlook2007 but can in word 2007
I am able to type in Tamil in all of the MS office 2007 suite except Outlook 2007, cannot understand why. Anyone has an answer please. thanks ...

Export Outlook 2007 inbox with subfolders to CSV file
What I actually need to do is extract email addresses from the From and CC fields in all messages in my inbox, including subfolders. The obvious way is to export to a CSV or similar, however, the Outlook Export function does not all "include subfolders" unless the export format is .pst. Can anyone suggest an approach that would include subfolders in non-pst export, or an alternative way of grabbing the email addresses? ...

Access 2007, Query's prompts parameter twice
For some reason my query's ask for a parameter twice when run. I then copy the code into a new query, delete the old query and rename the new query to the old name and everything works. It seems regularly this will happen and I have to redo all that are affected? This access 2007 install has the latest patch from MS. Am I doing something wrong here or is this documented somewhere so I can fix Usually this happens when you have applied (and saved) a sort while in datasheet view of the query. Try this ==Open the query in datasheet view ==Click on Remove Filter/Sort (Could...

Converting old AmiPro to Word 2007
I have some old documents in Lotus AmiPro ("SAM" extension) that I would like to be able to read. I am using Windows 7 and Word 2007. I tried KeyView from Lotus but I can't find a version that will run on my computer as I get an error message indicating the file is only compatible with 32 bit computers. From Microsoft I saw a conversion add on that claims to work with Word 2003 and prior but I haven't found a converter for Word 2007. Thanks for your help Jim On Jan 5, 9:32=A0am, JimA <J...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have some old ...

Flagging E-mails in Web Accessed Outlook
When using Outlook Web Access to check my work Outlook emails via the internet and Microsoft Exchange 2000 Server, how can I flag or unflag an e-mail in my inbox? I can easily sort on flagged if they come as already flagged, but I need to flag one that has showed up in my inbox unflagged. Does anyone know if there is there any way to do this? ...

Access to WSDL files (authentication general practices
We have a .NET web service that has IIS authentication set to "allow anonymous". However, the web service does its own 'application-level' authentication (by validating the HTTP authentication header against an internal database) before allowing access to its various methods. Works fine. However, using this approach means that client access to the WSDL file (via ....url/path/ws.aspx?wsdl) is ALSO 'application-authenticated'. Which means that in order to simply see the definition of the service, the client must supply authentication. So if you simply type our ur...

Counting words in cells
Is there a way of counting the number of words in a cell, basically an Excel version of the NUMWORD field in Word If not, if there a clever trick I can use to end up with the same result? Hi try the following to count word =LEN(A1)-LEN(SUBSTITUTE(A1," ",""))+1 -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany BeechBoy wrote: > Is there a way of counting the number of words in a cell, basically > an Excel version of the NUMWORD field in Word? If not, if there a > clever trick I can use to end up with the same result? Try the following formula: =IF(TRIM(A1)="&qu...

Custom Pivot Table Format
I want to create a custom pivot table format, with custom colors etc... How do I do this? You can't add to the list of AutoFormats for a PivotTable, but you could record a macro as you apply formatting, then run that macro to apply formatting to your PivotTables. Scott Good wrote: > I want to create a custom pivot table format, with custom > colors etc... How do I do this? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...