MapQuest Buitton on Form

Arvin: Hope you see this post.
Mapquest must have changed their code. My Mapquest button on the form does
not work anymore. The reason is that in Canadian Postal Codes there is a
space (ie. E3A 3N7). My data is stored this way. Mapquest used to accept this
format but not anymore. How do I delete the space in the hyperlink created
from the event on click (button on Form).
Your help would be greatly appreciated again.  Here is my code.
Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click()
Dim strPath As String
If Not IsNull(Me.Postal_Code) Then
    strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Me.Postal_Code & "/"
    Me.cmdHyperlink.HyperlinkAddress = strPath
End If

"BillD" <BillD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Arvin: Hope you see this post.
> Mapquest must have changed their code. My Mapquest button on the form does
> not work anymore. The reason is that in Canadian Postal Codes there is a
> space (ie. E3A 3N7). My data is stored this way. Mapquest used to accept
> this
> format but not anymore. How do I delete the space in the hyperlink created
> from the event on click (button on Form).
> Your help would be greatly appreciated again.  Here is my code.
> Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click()
> Dim strPath As String
> If Not IsNull(Me.Postal_Code) Then
>    strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Me.Postal_Code & "/"
>    Me.cmdHyperlink.HyperlinkAddress = strPath
> End If
> End Sub

It looks to me like you can use either:

    strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & _
        Replace(Me.Postal_Code, " ", "") & "/"

.... or:

    strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & _
        Replace(Me.Postal_Code, " ", "+") & "/"

MapQuest seems to be pretty flexible in what it accepts.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk
12/4/2009 2:53:42 AM
You can remove spaces with this code:

Public Function RemoveSpaces(strIn As String) As String
' Arvin Meyer 3/24/2004
Dim i As Integer
Dim strOut As String
Dim c As String
strOut = ""
  If ((Not IsNull(strIn)) And (strIn <> "")) Then
    For i = 1 To Len(strIn)
      c = Mid(strIn, i, 1)
      If (InStr(1, " ", c) = 0) Then
        strOut = strOut + c
      End If
    Next i
  End If
RemoveSpaces = strOut
End Function

But I don't think that will solve your problem. You can fill spaces in an
URL with "%20" (no quotes), so you might try parsing the zip code and
inserting %20 as needed.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"BillD" <BillD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Arvin: Hope you see this post.
> Mapquest must have changed their code. My Mapquest button on the form does
> not work anymore. The reason is that in Canadian Postal Codes there is a
> space (ie. E3A 3N7). My data is stored this way. Mapquest used to accept
> this
> format but not anymore. How do I delete the space in the hyperlink created
> from the event on click (button on Form).
> Your help would be greatly appreciated again.  Here is my code.
> Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click()
> Dim strPath As String
> If Not IsNull(Me.Postal_Code) Then
>    strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Me.Postal_Code & "/"
>    Me.cmdHyperlink.HyperlinkAddress = strPath
> End If
> End Sub
> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>
>> The URL is simple:
>>
>> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/32708/
>>
>> is mine so do it as a string in code, use a command button named
>> cmdHyperlink with code like the following (txtZipCode being the name of
>> the
>> textbox containing the ZipCode field.):
>>
>> Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click()
>> Dim strPath As String
>> If Not IsNull(Me.txtZipCode) Then
>>     strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Me.txtZipCode & "/"
>>     Me.cmdHyperlink.HyperlinkAddress = strPath
>> End If
>> End Sub
>>
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP

0
Arvin
12/4/2009 3:11:19 AM
Wouldn't it be simpler to just use the Replace function?

strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Replace$(Me.txtZipCode,"
","%20") & "/"

Pete

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arvinm@mvps.invalid> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku
> You can remove spaces with this code:
>
> Public Function RemoveSpaces(strIn As String) As String
> ' Arvin Meyer 3/24/2004
> Dim i As Integer
> Dim strOut As String
> Dim c As String
> strOut = ""
>  If ((Not IsNull(strIn)) And (strIn <> "")) Then
>    For i = 1 To Len(strIn)
>      c = Mid(strIn, i, 1)
>      If (InStr(1, " ", c) = 0) Then
>        strOut = strOut + c
>      End If
>    Next i
>  End If
> RemoveSpaces = strOut
> End Function
>
> But I don't think that will solve your problem. You can fill spaces in an
> URL with "%20" (no quotes), so you might try parsing the zip code and
> inserting %20 as needed.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>

> "BillD" <BillD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Arvin: Hope you see this post.
>> Mapquest must have changed their code. My Mapquest button on the form
>> does
>> not work anymore. The reason is that in Canadian Postal Codes there is a
>> space (ie. E3A 3N7). My data is stored this way. Mapquest used to accept
>> this
>> format but not anymore. How do I delete the space in the hyperlink
>> created
>> from the event on click (button on Form).
>> Your help would be greatly appreciated again.  Here is my code.
>> Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click()
>> Dim strPath As String
>> If Not IsNull(Me.Postal_Code) Then
>>    strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Me.Postal_Code & "/"
>>    Me.cmdHyperlink.HyperlinkAddress = strPath
>> End If
>> End Sub
>> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:
>>
>>> The URL is simple:
>>>
>>> http://www.mapquest.com/maps/32708/
>>>
>>> is mine so do it as a string in code, use a command button named
>>> cmdHyperlink with code like the following (txtZipCode being the name of
>>> the
>>> textbox containing the ZipCode field.):
>>>
>>> Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click()
>>> Dim strPath As String
>>> If Not IsNull(Me.txtZipCode) Then
>>>     strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Me.txtZipCode & "/"
>>>     Me.cmdHyperlink.HyperlinkAddress = strPath
>>> End If
>>> End Sub
>>>
>>> --
>>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP

0
Petr
12/4/2009 5:43:15 PM
Yes, the Replace function is a parsing function which does exactly that.
--
Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
http://www.datastrat.com

"Petr Danes" <skruspammers@no.spam> wrote in message
> Wouldn't it be simpler to just use the Replace function?
>
> strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Replace$(Me.txtZipCode,"
> ","%20") & "/"
>
> Pete
>

> "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arvinm@mvps.invalid> p�e v diskusn�m p��sp�vku
>> You can remove spaces with this code:
>>
>> Public Function RemoveSpaces(strIn As String) As String
>> ' Arvin Meyer 3/24/2004
>> Dim i As Integer
>> Dim strOut As String
>> Dim c As String
>> strOut = ""
>>  If ((Not IsNull(strIn)) And (strIn <> "")) Then
>>    For i = 1 To Len(strIn)
>>      c = Mid(strIn, i, 1)
>>      If (InStr(1, " ", c) = 0) Then
>>        strOut = strOut + c
>>      End If
>>    Next i
>>  End If
>> RemoveSpaces = strOut
>> End Function
>>
>> But I don't think that will solve your problem. You can fill spaces in an
>> URL with "%20" (no quotes), so you might try parsing the zip code and
>> inserting %20 as needed.
>> --
>> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
>> http://www.datastrat.com
>> http://www.mvps.org/access
>> http://www.accessmvp.com
>>

>> "BillD" <BillD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> Arvin: Hope you see this post.
>>> Mapquest must have changed their code. My Mapquest button on the form
>>> does
>>> not work anymore. The reason is that in Canadian Postal Codes there is a
>>> space (ie. E3A 3N7). My data is stored this way. Mapquest used to accept
>>> this
>>> format but not anymore. How do I delete the space in the hyperlink
>>> created
>>> from the event on click (button on Form).
>>> Your help would be greatly appreciated again.  Here is my code.
>>> Private Sub cmdHyperlink_Click()
>>> Dim strPath As String
>>> If Not IsNull(Me.Postal_Code) Then
>>>    strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Me.Postal_Code & "/"
>>>    Me.cmdHyperlink.HyperlinkAddress = strPath
>>> End If

0
Arvin
12/4/2009 5:50:26 PM
Sorry for being late answering this post. I did not receive a notice that
anyone had replyed to my post. Thank you so much Arvin, Dirk and Petr. A
special thanks to Arvin who originally gave me the code for MapQuest Button.
I will try this code and report back. This post will be helpful to a lot of
members. "You make a living by what you get and a life by what you give".
Thanks again
Bill D.

"Arvin Meyer [MVP]" wrote:

> Yes, the Replace function is a parsing function which does exactly that.
> --
> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> http://www.datastrat.com
> http://www.mvps.org/access
> http://www.accessmvp.com
>

> "Petr Danes" <skruspammers@no.spam> wrote in message
> > Wouldn't it be simpler to just use the Replace function?
> >
> > strPath = "http://www.mapquest.com/maps/" & Replace$(Me.txtZipCode,"
> > ","%20") & "/"
> >
> > Pete
> >

> > "Arvin Meyer [MVP]" <arvinm@mvps.invalid> pí¹e v diskusním pøíspìvku
> >> You can remove spaces with this code:
> >>
> >> Public Function RemoveSpaces(strIn As String) As String
> >> ' Arvin Meyer 3/24/2004
> >> Dim i As Integer
> >> Dim strOut As String
> >> Dim c As String
> >> strOut = ""
> >>  If ((Not IsNull(strIn)) And (strIn <> "")) Then
> >>    For i = 1 To Len(strIn)
> >>      c = Mid(strIn, i, 1)
> >>      If (InStr(1, " ", c) = 0) Then
> >>        strOut = strOut + c
> >>      End If
> >>    Next i
> >>  End If
> >> RemoveSpaces = strOut
> >> End Function
> >>
> >> But I don't think that will solve your problem. You can fill spaces in an
> >> URL with "%20" (no quotes), so you might try parsing the zip code and
> >> inserting %20 as needed.
> >> --
> >> Arvin Meyer, MCP, MVP
> >> http://www.datastrat.com
> >> http://www.mvps.org/access
> >> http://www.accessmvp.com
> >>

> >> "BillD" <BillD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

> .

2003 Form fields losing formatting in 2007
Hi there, I have some forms, created in Word 2003, which when opened as a .docx, all form fields revert to Times New Roman font but if they are opened as a .doc, they are in the correct font of Arial. Anyone got any ideas why and how I can fix this? Thanks very much. This doesn't make any sense. Documents always open in the format in which they are saved. What *exactly* are you doing? -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com ...

how do you keep a column in date form
i'm making a spreedsheet in office excel, in column A I have a list of dates. I would type in 4/5 for an date and excel would automatic change the date to 4-Apr. I like this way, but when I got to cell 26, the change will not happen. I type in 4/5 and I get just the number 1 in the cell, for the rest of the cells down, can someone help me. Copy the cell that has the format you like and paste format it to the cells that you want to have the date format. "s2m2" <s2m2@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:F350F90F-24B9-4B79-BE39-20AB0414015D@microsoft.com......

Printing a single form which has tabs
Hello I have created a form in which I am inputting survey data. There are 5 tab pages in this form. I want to print all 5 tabbed pages. I want to create a button called "Print Record". When one clicks on this button, I want it to print all 5 pages. At the moment, I print one page. Then tab to the second page and print, and so. Can I set it so that one you click on print, you can decide on which page you want to print or print all five pages? Can I do this in code? If this isn't the right section, please direct me. Thank you in advance. Generally spea...

Running Access 2003 db in 2007, and a few forms don't work
I have a database that's been updated from at least Access 97 (maybe Access 2, I can't remember anymore) and has been running fine in Access 2003 for years. My client upgraded to Vista with Office 2007. Almost everything in the database works fine, except 3 forms. Each of these forms has a tab control. Two of the forms have subforms on some of the tabs, one doesn't. When I try to open the forms in Access 2007 running on Vista in Virtual PC, I get the error "There isn't enough memory to perform this operation. Close unneeded programs and try the operation again."...

Set form field on double click
I am using MS Access 2003. I have a continuous form that is run off of a query "srbScientific Review". The query's criteria is set to [Enter Last Name] in the LastName field. That part works fine. I get my continuous form that shows LastName, DocID, and Title of Document. I would like to double click on the DocID and have the following happen: 1. Open another form "publications" 2. Set the SRBId field to the DocId field that I double clicked on. PLEASE help. I think I need to bookmark, clone.... I'm very confused. As a kick in the right ...

Customize Task Details Form
Not sure if this is possible. Can I customize the Task Details Form? I'd like to add some more input fields to it. My company has 23 (way too many) columns they'd like to have all schedules populate. I've added the necessary columns to the Gantt view but I dislike tabbing across and not being able to see all the data at once. I figured out how to create a customized entry form but I'd like to display it in the bottom pane of a split view and I can't figure that out. It would be even better if I could start with the default task entry form and modify it...

Microsoft Form 2.0 Controls in VC causing error
My application developed using VC++6.0 in W2K running well in my development PC (with Visual Studio 6.0 installed). When I run the same application in a client PC without VS installed, I get this error: An unsupported operation was attempted. At last I found out it is caused by the 'Microsoft Form 2.0 commandbutton' and 'Microsoft Form 2.0 Label'. After I removed these controls the application run fine. I have registered the file FM20.dll using Regsvr32 and it show succeeded. May someone help how can I make those controls run well in my client PC? Thanks. ...

My code stops after the record saves....form never closes
Users are going into to update a number, and they want to close the form before the record gets saved, thus losing their changes. I created an Exit button, which should save the record change and close the form. Here's the code: If Me.Dirty Then RunCommand acCmdSaveRecord End If Forms![frmRMSHours]![Act Hours] = Me![Text9] DoCmd.Close If the record is dirty, they press Exit and the record saves. They have to press Exit again and the form closes. If the record is not dirty, the form will close when pressing Exit. What am I doing wrong? To save ...

Move forms in public folders 5.5 to exchange 2003
Hello all, I recently migrated from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 using ADC and things were fine. I later deleted ADC and moved Exchange 2003 to native mode. I recently found out that the public folders have not been migrated. I earler used the pfmigrate script in exchange 2003. For some reason it had just created blank folders with no data on it. Now i want to migrate/transfer the public folders content(like forms) from exchange 5.5 to exchange 2003 computer. Please help. Best, Karthik ...

Uploading Form Problem
FP 2003 / win xp / URL of form is : http://www.icingpictures.co.uk/online_order_form.htm Just set up a form and am trying to get it to work - got the following error message... Form Validation Error Please correct the information you provided by following these steps, then submit the information again: * A FrontPage File Upload component is incorrectly configured. Please set the MIME encoding type for the form to be multipart/form-data. Return to the form. I do not usually have problem spublishing - server does have frontpagr extensions - i have tried to look in t...

order enty form
help here is my problem i have a db that tracks orders and i need a form to enter the order number and part number and quantirty. i will need to enter allot of orders at one time so i want to use a comtinuous form to enter the info into the orders table what i want to do is enter the job # and the part number and auto fill the discription and size. i have a part numbert tabel with fields part number, discription size there are too many to use a combo box. i have an order table with fileds job number, part number , discription , qantity, start time end tine, efficentcy, total time , down time, ...

change inbox default form
how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? Tools-Forms-Design a form. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Peter Fuller asked: | how do i change the default form for inbox in outlook 2002 sp3? You can make a registry change to substitute your custom form for the default form. See http://www.outlookcode.com/d/newdefaultform.htm#ch...

Select subform's query criteria from form's unbound cbo
I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query popping up. How do I do this? I'm new to VBA and not an Access 2003 whiz either. TIA for your help! WorkerBee wrote: > I want users to be able to select a name from a form's unbound combo > box and that selection to automatically become the criteria for the > subform's underlying query, without the parameter box for the query > popping up. How do I do t...

sub form datasheet
my question is how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not data sheet form thank you AFAIK, you *cannot* change the color of column headings in a form in Datasheet view. but you can set the form to ContinuousForms view, and format the form to look like a datasheet, then you'll have full control of the labels used as column headers. hth "a" <youb@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%23kSLZxb0HHA.4928@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > my question is > how can i change the color of heading in column and the font size only not > data sheet ...

Dialog Form Enabling OK button
Please help with a conceptual problem... I have an unbound dialog form that I call up for the user to enter a couple of values that will then be used for some calculations. I don't want the OK button to enable until all the text boxes are filled in. Normally, I would include a data check routine that would get called from the afterupdate event on each text box. If all the text boxes had a value (that was inside predetermined ranges), the OK button would be enabled, otherwise not. Pretty standard stuff... Now, one pesky user has complained that after he's done entering the last va...

controlling fields on a form
I am using Word 2003 to make a form and put in some fields. There are a couple of things I am unable to do, however. When data is input into the field by the user, text below the field is pushed down. How do I control the field so it does not affect surrounding text? I would like to set the field at a maximum length (I can do this) and not have the other text on the form get moved. Finally, the fields I insert are of a fixed length, about 1 inch. I double click on the field and can set the maximum length, but the default size of the field remains at about 1 inch. Can I g...

Exporting Customization Forms and Reports
When we exporrting the customized forms and reports, we wish if can exporting them by Module/Related Name for e.g. we can export the customized HR forms and screen to one package but when its come to POP, SOP, Payroll for example they categorized under Great Plains so its diffecult to saperate them. We need that becouse when we do importing any customization to our customer we need to import only related to module that regitser for the customer not every thing ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vo...

Timer form event
I would like to trigger this event once a day at the same time. Any suggestions. Thanks, Stanley ...

Form Load efficiency
When an SSTab control resides on the form is it more efficient to: 1) Load all controls during Form Load or 2) Load only the controls for the tab showing on the SSTab and then dynamically load any other SSTab when selected. David wrote: > When an SSTab control resides on the form is it more efficient to: > > 1) Load all controls during Form Load > > or > > 2) Load only the controls for the tab showing on the SSTab and > then dynamically load any other SSTab when selected. You will have to try it and see. You can make thought-experi...

Problem with FORM 05-11-07
I have created a single FORM with lots of fields that contains records. The problem I have, I needed to create lots of box of fields over several pages for a singe customer information. I assume your form contains ONE RECORD, not RECORDS as your post indicates. If I understand, you would like to break the various fields up into smaller logical chunks? If I were you, I would add a tab control (it is one of the standard controls) and then put the various controls on two or more tabs. I've found that it looks nice to have the basic data at the top of the screen (on the main form)...

Password protection of access forms and objects
How do you Password protect access forms and objects? Read the Security FAQ -- all of it. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/207793/en-us -- --Roger Carlson MS Access MVP Access Database Samples: www.rogersaccesslibrary.com Want answers to your Access questions in your Email? Free subscription: http://peach.ease.lsoft.com/scripts/wa.exe?SUBED1=ACCESS-L "Lee_J" <LeeJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8009BC96-0D92-4685-8356-4BAA5F46A2B8@microsoft.com... > How do you Password protect access forms and objects? Links to more information here: http...

Automatically Updating a Field in a Form in Access
Hey Everyone, I am a bit of a noob at this, but have to build this database and would love some help if anyone can provide any. I have a database designed at capturing customer satisfaction surveys. I have a table that captures answers to several different questions, ie; Q1 - Rating (either Excellent, Good, Average, Poor) Q1 - Score (either 10, 6.7, 3.3, 0) The score corresponds with the text rating, these are then compiled to give an average result for each staff member over a period of time. The problem I am having is getting the "Score" to update automatically depending on the ...

Embedding Web Browser in GP forms
Hi, We need to include a Web Browser within Gp form. Is there a way to embed Activex Controls on GP forms? Thanks & Regards, Sup No, this is not possible to do with Dexterity. patrick mbs dev support -- This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights. "sup" <sup@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:93440548-D88E-4820-A936-01B01D6F4F7D@microsoft.com... > Hi, > We need to include a Web Browser within Gp form. > Is there a way to embed Activex Controls on GP forms? > > Thanks & Regards, > Sup A we...

Opportunity Close Form Customization
Hello - Has anyone found the ability to modify the Opportunity close form? I have modified (with success) the attributes - but, I cannot locate the actual form that pops when you close the Opportunity via the Action drop down CRM 3.0 w/rollup 1 Thanks! ...

Disable standard form buttons
Hi How could I disable (=hide) standard buttons like "look up address" and "recalculate" in QuoteForm or "send mail" in AccountForm ? Thanks Sebastiano Have not seen this in the standard package...you may be able to modify the underlying source code but it would be unsupported "Sebastiano Castrini" <castrini(remove)@libero.it> wrote in message news:%239HVo7zMEHA.2976@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Hi > > How could I disable (=hide) standard buttons like "look up address" and > "recalculate" in QuoteForm or "se...