Make values stay put in established record & reset in new record?

I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go to
a new record.

Some more info would help us to help you.
How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?

What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?

Jeanette Cunningham

"Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> a new record.

0
Jeanette
2/17/2008 8:11:11 AM
I got the same result (values not resetting) whether I went to a new form by
tabbing through the original form or by using the navigation buttons at the
bottom of the form.  All of the fields with the Currency format would show
the value of the previous record in the new record, including the expression
result in one of the fields.

I did manage to fix it, but I'm not exactly sure how...maybe by cleaning up
the Table by editing the Record Source and double checking all the fields'
properties.

Thanks for your response.

Peg

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Some more info would help us to help you.
> How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
> record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?
>
> What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
> Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> > a new record.

If you can actually go to a new record, by clicking on the Access new record
button, then the form is bound to an underlying table/query. Any text boxes
that retain their values from the previous record, however, are unbound
controls. To have corrected this, you must have finally assigned Control
Sources to the textboxes.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

How to put a image pixel array to a CImageList?
I have a image pixel array like DWORD ImageBits[16][16]={0xff00ff,...}. My code just gives me a black image on the toolbar button. CImageList imgList; CBitmap bmImages; VERIFY(bmImages.CreateBitmap(16, 16, 1, sizeof(RGBQUAD) * 8, &ImageBits)); HIMAGELIST hImages; hImages = ImageList_Create(16, 16, ILC_COLOR16 | ILC_MASK, 1, 0); imgList.Attach(hImages); imgList.Add(&bmImages, RGB(255, 0, 255)); GetToolBarCtrl().SetImageList(&imgList); imgList.Detach(); Thank you. ...

Setting series values on Excel Chart

How do I make a 'box and whisker plot' graph in Microsoft Excel?
I am in Year 12 and am doing a stats assignment. The project states that i MUST insert a box and whisker plot for some data, but i don't know how to do this. Does anybody know? Hi, Here are some sites on the topic of stats charting not just box and whisker. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/statscharts.html http://www.processtrends.com/toc_statistical_charts.htm http://tushar-mehta.com/publish_train/data_analysis/16.htm http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme/ExcelTips.htm Cheers Andy -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info "Year 12 student who needs help" &...

Ho to make one field required based on critera of another field?
I'm creating a form and need to make the "comments" field required if the "code" field is =>20. I appreciate suggestions! Deadline Monster is lurking! User enters the job processing endcode value (numeric) into the "code" field. If the endcode is =>20, comments are required. (P.S. I don't know VB) Thanks! Star You would put your validation code in the Form's BeforeUpdate event. If Me.EndCode >19 Then If Len(Me.Comments & "") = 0 Then MsgBox "Comments are required" Cancel = True End If End If ...

How do I make hyperlink target scroll to the top-left of spreadshe
I can't remember the setting to make Excel automatically scroll my hyperlinked cell to the top-left. For example, if my hyperlink is in cell A1 and the hyperlink destination is cell Z30, when you click the hyperlink in A1 the cell Z30 is now displayed in the top-left of the spreadsheet. It seems like there was a checkbox in the Options dialog box, but now I can't find it. I did this awhile ago, but forgot to write down the information. Hi Lori Tools>Options On the Transition tab Transition navigations keys -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Lori W....

Just installed new hard drive
I just installed a new hard drive and used the drive's utility program to copy everything from my old drive to the new one. Now Outlook isn't going out to my ISP's server and getting my new messages, and when I send a message I get the "no transport provider available" error. (My connection's just fine.) I looked online for some help. One recommendation was to delete the Personal Folder and create a new one. I did that, but then all the messages I had disappeared and it freaked me out so I didn't want to mess with anything else. How can I make it work ...

Constructing Hyperlink from the Database Record fields
I am working on a Windows XP environment using MS Office 2007 including Access 2007. I want to open a document from Access 2007 which I can easily do with Hyperlink type field. However since all the necessary information is already in the Database Record I try to avoid creating additional field which would be a Hyperlink type on the Form unless it is absolutely necessary. Below is the code that I have to construct the FullFileName which consisted of ServerName, Division, Unit, RequirementDirectory, FolderName and the FileName itself. As you can see the Database records has al...

making an equation in access
Hi, I would like to create a field that works out a formula based on other fields. i.e field z=field4, when field 1<field 2 - field 3 etc. Yes, it may be a silly question but I am only new to this....Thanks, Dani. Dani, recommend against creating a "field" in a table and storing this value. One of the generally accepted rules of relational database development is not to store a "computed" (any value that is based on the value of other fields in your database) value in the table. It is a waste of database space, and will eventually result in bad data (...

Timestamp value of GINA window presentation
I am currently troubleshooting slow logon times for a client with computer infrastructure spread across the globe. Before I start invesagating I want to create a baseline for logon times. I have modified the clients logon script to record when it starts and when it ends. I am using the computers tick count to record how long the computer has been on, but realize that there is a space of time between the user authenicating to the computer (control-alt-delete) and when the logon script starts, if the customer turns his computer on and then leave for an extended period of time I ...

how to query my web site from VBA and return a value to VBA
Hello All, From VBA I would like send a value to my web site, and have it return a value. I've learned how to use FollowHyperlink to send a value to an ASP script, but how can the ASP script send a value back to VBA?? Thanks, Brian Austin, TX You can use xmlhttp to make a request to your web page: '********************************************************* Sub Tester() MsgBox WebResponse("http://www.mydomain.com/myactualpage.asp? info=3Dblah") End Sub Private Function WebResponse(sURL As String) As String Dim XmlHttpRequest As Object Se...

Assign values for one column to another.
Hi I have in column T certain numbers and texts that that I require to assign a value to as below, in the adjacent column. Again any pointers would be much appreciated. Kind Regards Celticshadow T U 1 1 2 2 3 3 4 4 5 5 6 6 7 7 8 8 9 9 0 10 F 10 UR 10 U 10 R 10 S 10 L 10 P 10 PU 10 BD 10 D 10 Well, imagine that two-column table occupies cells Y1:Z20. Put this formula in U1: =3DVLOOKUP(T1,Y$1,Z$20,2,0) and copy down. Hope this helps. Pete On Oct 14, 4:26=A0pm, Celticshadow <Celticsha...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi > >...

Excel formulation to automate values
Hi there, I have a little problem on arranging a small multi-worksheet excel here. Let me explain in a short way then give some details on it. I am trying to make an offers recordsheet which has two worksheets in it. One for products(and their base prices) and an offer sheet. I would like to use a bit dynamic data here. So when I type the name of the product excel would give me the price from other worksheet. in details; Prices worksheet is something like: A B 1 Product BasePrice 2 mouse 5 3 keyboard 8 4 ... And the ...

Autofilter reset button
I recently saw a spreadsheet (don't have the file) that used an Autofilter for the column titles on a freezed pane. Very standard set-up that most of you are well aware of. The big difference is that a Form-type button coupled with a macro was set-up to reset all Autofilters in use. All you did was press the button, named "Reset Filters" and voila - every user-defined Autofilter was reset back to the "All" setting. How can I replicate the same thing? Actually, I think you can record that macro. http://www.officearticles.com/excel/record_a_macro_in_microsoft_e...

How do I get total value data labels in a stacked bar chart?
I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if so, how?? Hi, This should help http://www.andypope.info/charts/StackColTotal.htm Cheers Andy blemerson wrote: > I have a 3-D stacked bar chart with four series and I want to have the total > value in each category be displayed in a data label. Can I do this, and if > so, how?? -- Andy Pope, Microsoft MVP - Excel http://www.andypope.info Thanks, Andy. The CFO is thrilled. Heather "Andy Pope" wrote: > Hi, >...

Report for single record
I have a report that shows much data about a single record that I am trying to reuse from a previous database. In my new DB, the project manager is set in an intermediate table between project data and contact data. How do I reference a table outside the forms data source? Can I run a query in a form without having to build a query? Several possibilities. If you just need to look up a single value from another table so you can limit the report to the correct value, DLookup() should do that for you. See: Getting a value from a table: DLookup() at: http://allenbrowne.com/casu-07...

Template Wizard, why aren't records being created in database
When creating a template using the Template Wizard, the database is being created but only the field headings are created. Why aren't the records being created in the database? ...

Error message
I cannot create a new folder on an external HDD. Win XP Pro, SP3. I go to My Computer, and select the external HDD letter. Then go over to the right-hand pane, right click and select New, then Folder. This produces an error message "Unable to create the folder 'New Folder' The file or directory is corrupted and unreadable." I can save and retrieve a Word document all right to this same external HDD. I can use the above method to create a new folder on the desktop, and on the two HDDs that are internal to the computer. Virus and malware scans are negati...

Unable to install 2000 Publisher upgrade on new computer
I have a new computer with office xp professional, but the publisher application that came with xp does not have the same functionality of the office 2000 professional publisher that i created most of my publications with. I can not get the "2000 upgrade" that I purchased to install on my new computer. It says that there is not a valid product to update. Is there some way around this? Do you have any old Microsoft product disks that you can install? Works, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Lotus 1-2-3, Microsoft Project or Word. Publisher 2002 is superior to 2000. What features ...

How reset margins in Excel workbook?
merged data with varying number of columns, reset page size to permit highest number of columns but margins do not recognize pages with these large number of columns, i.e., drops last 5 columns. Maybe it's the print range that's the trouble. File|Print Area (set it to what you want--or clear it and let excel guess) KYgirl wrote: > > merged data with varying number of columns, reset page size to permit highest > number of columns but margins do not recognize pages with these large number > of columns, i.e., drops last 5 columns. -- Dave Peterson ...

Transferring files to a new computer
Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP with MSFT Small Biz. I was running Windows 98 and using Outlook 2000. Now I want to copy all my old emails, folders, addresses etc. into the new version of Outlook 2003 but I can't seem to find it. It's not recognizing my saved files as .PST files. Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks, daviskho "daviskho" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:052801c3dbb0$e46e5970$a101280a@phx.gbl... > Hi - I'm in the process of configuring my new Windows XP > with MSFT Small Biz. ...

make 'work offline' default setting
howdy folks, I have Money 2006 and I let my online subscription lapse. I would like to, somehow, be able to set the 'work offline' checkbox as a default setting. Is there a way to do this? I can't find a preference for it, and I've had no luck finding a registry entry that might do it. Any help would be appreciated! thanks! pat ...

Copy cell to a new cell #2
In Column B I have certain values which start with GB2 e.g GB2-02210. I would to like to copy these values and paste it in another cell. I would like to do this with only values which start with GB2. Many thanks -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com I would use Data>Filter>Autofilter and use custom>begins with... -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel Southampton, England www.nickhodge.co.uk nick_hodgeTAKETHISOUT@zen.co.uk.ANDTHIS "mohd21uk via OfficeKB.com" <u20517@uwe> wrote in message news:5ede27c5beb13@uwe... > In Column B I have certain values ...

New Task Duration Time
Where can I change the default "Duration" of (30 Minutes) when creating a new Task? ...