Make values stay put in established record & reset in new record?

I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go to
a new record.

Some more info would help us to help you.
How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?

What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?

Jeanette Cunningham

"Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> a new record.

0
Jeanette
2/17/2008 8:11:11 AM
I got the same result (values not resetting) whether I went to a new form by
tabbing through the original form or by using the navigation buttons at the
bottom of the form.  All of the fields with the Currency format would show
the value of the previous record in the new record, including the expression
result in one of the fields.

I did manage to fix it, but I'm not exactly sure how...maybe by cleaning up
the Table by editing the Record Source and double checking all the fields'
properties.

Thanks for your response.

Peg

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Some more info would help us to help you.
> How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
> record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?
>
> What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
> Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> > a new record.

If you can actually go to a new record, by clicking on the Access new record
button, then the form is bound to an underlying table/query. Any text boxes
that retain their values from the previous record, however, are unbound
controls. To have corrected this, you must have finally assigned Control
Sources to the textboxes.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Problem adding new record in form view
Hi there, I have inherited an acccess database and have had to do some troubleshooting on an error message which is now sorted out. I now am unable to add a new record in form view, however if I enter the information directly into the table there is no problem. Please could you help with what might be going wrong? Thanks -- Snoozi Suzi Open the form in design view. Open the properties window for the form. Is the Allow Additions property set to yes? Regards Jeff Boyce Microsoft Office/Access MVP "SnooziSuzi" <SnooziSuzi@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message n...

Order entity
The "Order" entity in CRM has a number of status's (Active, Fulfilled, Cancelled, Submitted and Invoiced). From the Actions menu on the Order form it's possible to Cancel and Fulfill an Active order - and doing so changes the Order status as you would expect. However: 1) Invoicing the order (which creates an Invoice record) doesn't change the status of the order to Invoiced 2) I can't see how to change the status to Submitted. I expect it's possible to do both of the above programatically. However is it possible to do it through the CRM UI? On Jun 14, 9:10=A...

Make sure no running instances of MS Word
I need do some work which do not want any instances of MS Word existed. How to make sure no running instances of MS Word? Use CreateToolHelp32SnapShot(...)/Process32first/Process32Next and see if the PROCESSENTRY32 's szExeFile has winword.exe substring. -- Vipin Aravind Microsoft MVP "lotus" <hanfeifei@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1137401872.309784.308260@g47g2000cwa.googlegroups.com... >I need do some work which do not want any instances of MS Word existed. > > How to make sure no running instances of MS Word? > ...

putting date and time together in 1 cell
Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time is displayed in two parts A B date time dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss How do i get cell A and cell B into one cell with the format dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss and then I can just minus 13 hours. any ideas please. =SUM(A2,B2,-13/24) and format the cell as dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss. HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >Hi I need to convert New Zealand time to UK time, the time >is displayed in two parts >A B >date time >dd/mm/yy hh:mm:ss > >How do i get cell A and c...

Office 2003 Opening a new Excel Doc.
I just updated to Office 2003 and everytime I open up a new workbook a blank workbook name PERSONAL opens as well. How do I change that from happeneing?? Thanx, Jesse Hi Jesse Window>Hide and save the personal.xls When you record a macro you have the option to save the macro in this hidden workbook so you can use the macro in all your workbooks. You can find the file in your Xlstart folder -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl "Jesse" <Jesse@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:65505D55-31EB-4BAA-A32D-B052F70E03AD@microsoft.com... >I just...

Sum based on range values
I need to sum a column A, but only if values in an adjacent column B>0. Therefore the example below should sum to 10 (only including the first 3 rows). A B 7 5 0 4 3 9 0 0 0 0 0 0 8 0 0 0 0 0 Ideally this should be a formula in a cell, not a macro. Any ideas? It doesn't sound complicated, but I can't get my head round it. TIA Ian Thanks Julie. I knew it had to be straightforward. Just a case of knowing which function to use. Ian "JulieD" <JulieD@hctsReMoVeThIs.net.au> wrote in message news:%23$anRGw$EHA.3836@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > Hi > > us...

Formatting 0 values to show blank cells
I am using the =IF(ISNA(VLOOKUP(...)),0,VLOOKUP(...)) to return a zero value. For printing purposes I need the 0 to not show in the cell (blank cell). I can do this by using the accounting format, but a dash (-) still shows in the cell. The sheet is protected to protect the formula. How can I protect AND not show anything in the cell WHILE keeping the value at "0"? You can use set the custom format to ;;""; See Worksheet and Excel table basics > Formatting numbers in Excel help file for details. "RLD" wrote: > I am using the =...

What happened to the New Form Dialog box; are there still autoform

database query select the "top record" only
good afternoon All, I would like to know the SQL to select only the "top" record of a query sorted by date/number or operation of numbers e.g. max of date, min of stock, etc so I only retrieve the first and most important value instead of a set of several values. here below an EG from a query I use every day: SELECT pordtl.pdtiid, pordtl.pdtvds, pordtl.pdtluc, pordtl.pdtvum, pordtl.pdtwhs, pordtl.pdtode, pordtl.pdtvdr FROM beth.pordtl pordtl GROUP BY pordtl.pdtiid, pordtl.pdtvds, pordtl.pdtluc, pordtl.pdtvum, pordtl.pdtwhs, pordtl.pdtode, pordtl.pdtvdr HAVING (pordtl.pdtiid I...

insert new row doesn't add formula
I have a table A2->M100 In the M Column I have a sum to calculate the total of that row =SUM(A34:N34) for example Now if I want to add a row into that table, I click on the number o the left, that highlights the row then I go insert>>row and that keep the formatting of the cells. BUT it doesn't add the =SUM(A54:N54) in the M column, and so I have ha to edit each cell by hand to get the correct formula. Is there an easier way to add a row and keep fomulas within that row but obviously automatically change the numbers to suit the row -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForu...

no text on subform when there are no child records
Your help is appreciated. I'm relatively new to Access with no VBA training. My form calls GrantID and Grant# from tblGrant. The subform shows current records from a query of tblQuestion and tblQuestionDescription (tblGrant has a 1-to-many relationship with tblQuestion). When I created the subform, I chose to have the subform fields related to GrantID. The challenge...if a Grant# doesn't currently have any related records on tblQuestion, the labels and fields on the subform do not show - the subform is blank. I want the user to be able to add records to the subform that populate tblQ...

Reset Tab Order on Template Contact Detail Form
I have edited the design of the Contacts Detail Template form. How do I reset the tab order to start with the new text boxes I have entered? In Design View I selected all of the text boxes, selected Tab Order, and for the template only "tabContacts appears for the Tab Order rather than the list of text boxes in the tab order. The new items I added are on the list, but in order to make the form work, I had to move them to the top of the form. When I return to form view, select Save and New, the tab goes to my new tab "Category1" then "Category2", then it goes to...

Make combobox blank in macro
I use a wizard to create a combo box to find the record in my form. It creates macro automatcially. Works fine. After finding the record, I want to set the combo box to null or "" but need help add that line in macro. Thanks. Sorry but not many people use macros (me too) so can’t really be help there. But try this. I assume your macro is search on a name ? You have the ID field in the combo and the name and the ID field is the bound column of the combo ??? If so. 1st MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR DATABASE Then – open you form in design view Right click the combo an...

Formula Error
I have a list of codes in F$19:F$1500. I was attempting to use the following code to assign a number to each unique value in the list and repeat the previously assigned number if it is duplicated. This works for the first 15-20 numbers, but returns an error (#n/a) afterwards as if the code stopped working. I have tried EVERYTHING... Same result each time. =IF(COUNTIF($F$18:F19,F19)>1,VLOOKUP(F19,F$18:G18,2,FALSE),MAX($G $18:G18)+1) Any clues? My guess... =countif() treats everything as text. So the text string ="1" (or '1) will be counted as a match as well as the num...

VALUE error message
I would like I5 to equal F5+G5-h5. I get a value error message. one or more of the cells F5,G5 or H5 probably have text in them, either a number entered/pasted as text, or a "blank" made by pressing the space bar (and inserting a space character). For the first problem, copy an empty cell, select F5:H5 and choose Edit/Paste Special, selecting the Values and Add radio buttons, then click OK. This will coerce any "text" numbers to real numbers. For the latter, use the del key or Edit/Clear/Contents rather than the spacebar to clear the cell. Note that SUM(F5:G5,-H5...

Maximum value to use autofiler feature in excel
Hi, does anybody know the maximum value to use autofilter in ms excel? I heard my friend told me that excel could filter only select data is less than 1000. He told me that he has 4000 row and use autofilter, an expected record is more than a thousand but the record display only 1000 maximum. I want to test like him too but I don't have any file that contain alot many thousand of record. Does anybody have any idea? Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlautofilter02.html#Limits -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Roath Kanel" <012633023@mobitel.com.kh> schrie...

if the cell value exceeds the limit to have a dialog box appear
Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box would appear? Thanks for any assistance. Dave Check Data Validation: Select the cells Data>Data Validation Allow: (check out the number options: whole number, decimal, etc) Does that help? *********** Regards, Ron "Dschro" wrote: > Is there a way that, if the cell value exceeds a certain limit, a dialog box > would appear? > > Thanks for any assistance. > > Dave > Ron, Here's the scenario -- on an Expense Report: If an employee was to fill in any amount in the &...

how make outlook 2003 default and keep NG reader?
Hi, I have a perplexing problem concerning outlook express 6.0 and outlook 2003, both of which I have installed on a new laptop running xp home. I set up express first, and so it was the default email and newsgroup client. Subsequently Outlook 2003 was similarly configured. Here's the interesting part: If I set outlook 2003 as the default, the ability to go to the news reader goes away. If I set Express as the default, it comes back and I can get to the newsreader from either one. Any idea on how this can be resolved so the option to use outlook 2003 as the default newsgroup r...

using find and replace it's making me look in another file to upd
I have used the find and replace function several times in the spreadsheet to update the fromulas monthly. For some reason when I use it this month it wants me to look in another file to "update values"? There is not another file and there is no way for me to use the find and replace. ...

Sumproduct but only first time corresponding value is seen e.g. un
Using XL03 Sample Data: Name Race Speed Avg Speed Track Month Joe 2:12 2:15 OFCF Jan Joe 2:28 2:15 ADL Feb Mary 2:14 2:07 ADL Jan Joe 2:15 2:15 ADL Feb etc I already have sumproducts in place to count how many participants raced in each month, how many at each track, etc. The last piece I need to add is the number of people for a given track on a given month, who had an /average/ time of over 2 minutes. But, I have repeat...

can i not allow duplicate values in the same column?
is there a way to set columns to not accept duplicate information? Take a look at http://cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm In article <4765FB37-8F89-4220-A901-B289FDCDE23F@microsoft.com>, excel newbie <excel newbie@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > is there a way to set columns to not accept duplicate information? If the values are typed in you can use this: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/NoDupEntry.htm Regards, Peo Sjoblom "excel newbie" wrote: > is there a way to set columns to not accept duplicate information? ...

Adding a New Account when Regarding from Outlook
When I Regard an e-mail from Outlook and it prompts for an Account, I select "New" to add an Account, it only allows me to enter one word for example XYZ. If I enter two words for example XYZ Company it prompts up an error message "name is null or not an object". Does anyone have any insight to this? That error originates from the Name attribute of the account entity not being filled (It is a mandatory field). make sure that the seasrch result doesn't return faulty data. My suggestion would be to go through SQL server directly by querying the view "filteredA...

Creating a new excel template like SFO quote mailmerge template
I want to create an excel template for calculation purposes on quote form. Print Quote for customer on SFO lets you create a word mailmerge template. Just like that I want to create a custom menu item which will let me bring up an excel template, on which I can do calculations and pass that calculation back to quote. Any pointers on how do do this ? Thanks in advance for the help. ...

How to put tic marks in brochure for folding accurately?
I want to fold the brochure perfectly but I can't figure out how to put the marks in to show you where to line the paper up for folding. This is in Publisher 2003. ChristineC <ChristineC@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > I want to fold the brochure perfectly but I can't figure out how to > put the marks in to show you where to line the paper up for folding. What kind of folding is this brochure? A single centrefold (booklet fold), or a tri-fold or four-panel brochure? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://ed.mvps.org/ A tri...

excel open in new window
How do I get excel 2003 to open new windows(instances) when launching xls files - like in excel 2000? Separate windows--but the same instance: Tools|Options|View|check windows in taskbar Peter wrote: > > How do I get excel 2003 to open new windows(instances) when launching xls > files - like in excel 2000? -- Dave Peterson Yes, but if I close one file with the button in the top right hand corner it closes all windows. I can close one at the time on the task bar by expanding and then closing one file but trying to close just one at the top right closes all. Is there a way...