Make values stay put in established record & reset in new record?

I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go to
a new record.

Some more info would help us to help you.
How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?

What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?

Jeanette Cunningham

"Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> a new record.

0
Jeanette
2/17/2008 8:11:11 AM
I got the same result (values not resetting) whether I went to a new form by
tabbing through the original form or by using the navigation buttons at the
bottom of the form.  All of the fields with the Currency format would show
the value of the previous record in the new record, including the expression
result in one of the fields.

I did manage to fix it, but I'm not exactly sure how...maybe by cleaning up
the Table by editing the Record Source and double checking all the fields'
properties.

Thanks for your response.

Peg

"Jeanette Cunningham" wrote:

> Some more info would help us to help you.
> How are you going to a new record? A button you put on the form? the new
> record button on the navigation buttons at bottom left of form?
>
> What does the value show instead of $0.00 when you go to a new record?
> Are there any other values that don't reset when you go to a new record?
>
> Jeanette Cunningham
>
> "Peg" <Peg@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > I'm having a problem making the values on a form reset to $0.00 when I go
> > a new record.

If you can actually go to a new record, by clicking on the Access new record
button, then the form is bound to an underlying table/query. Any text boxes
that retain their values from the previous record, however, are unbound
controls. To have corrected this, you must have finally assigned Control
Sources to the textboxes.

Answers/posts based on Access 2000/2003

Linq

Change <value> in outlook
We Have Exchange 2003 sp2 and outlook 2003 sp2. I have renamed 2 AD accounts. Changed all display names, accounts name etc with the 2 accounts. When users open outlook and send to renamed account they see account name <oldaccountname> in the autocomplete list. I have cleared nk2 files in profile , but it still shows newaccount <oldaccountname> in drop down box. Is there a way to edit the <oldaccountnam> value of the renamed account? I tried the same thing with a freshly loaded PC. with the same result. Thanks You can delete the nickname files. -- Ed Crowley MVP - E...

Count unique values
Hi, I've some problems to count unique items (Invoice #) in a pivot table. There is the default solution "Add-a-new-calculated-column" as mentioned on http://contextures.com/xlPivot07.html#Unique, but in my case, it doesn't works. My problem is, that these values aren't in a Excel worksheet; it's a external data source - a SQL-Select via DAO/ADO. Because of that, I don't have the possibility to add a new column. Another reason is, that the pivot table should always be dynamic: Group over this field, group over another field - and always show the number of unique...

Using Sumproduct when some of the values are null
I am having a problem using Sumproduct when some of the cells have null values. I will try to describe the problem. Please let me know if you need additional information. Do any of you have any ideas of how I can fix that sumproduct to get it to work? A B C Row Trend Claims 5 Emergency $0 6 Emergency $0 7 Emergency $0 8 Emergency 81.68% $24,444 9 Emergency 35.00% $164,758 10 Emergency 35.00% ...

why I see times new roman?
I have several html email messages composed in outlook express 6, I'm sure I highlited all text and set it to Arial 10. Then I drag the file to desktop, move it to vista windows mail draggin into inbox or other folder. The result is some parts of text shows arial 10 but some others Times new roman 10 or 12 what is annoying, because I use all arial 10, so I have to manually forward the email, highligh it again and set arial 10 and then, yes, I can see it properly. I checked the compose default font and everything is fine. Why is that? Is there any work around , helo...

How can I reset the default pie chart label "Other" to "Equity"?
I show Cash, Equities, and Fixed Income in the large pie to the left. The equity slice is further split into large, medium, and small. The problem is that the Equity slice gets relabeled as "Other". When I manuallly change it back to Equity, I lose the ability to link to any new data...so I can't use the pie chart as a template that would allow me to put new data in the table and have the pie chart adjust automaticially. How can I reset the default pie chart label to "Equity"? or is there another solution. Instead of making pie charts (which are notor...

find match then change cell value

"Organizational folder": 'new' menu is not available
I am following article: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;244591 and I try to create an organization folder. I go to my "Public FOlder", click "System folder". I see EFORMS listed there. I right click the option and I don't see the option "new". What's wrong ? Exch 2000SP3. ...

VLookup #VALUE! error help needed to resolve
The following is the funcation I have: =VLOOKUP(B10,'FA CC Summary Report 1141'!F$9:G$92,2,0) I have all the columns formatted the same; as in the column that the function is using to lookup is text and so is the column for this figure in order to pull back the appropriate answer. I have keyed the data instead of having links. I have replaced the final '0' with TRUE & FALSE then put it back. I have formatted the columns for text and for numbers. But I am getting the #VALUE! error in SOME of the cells NOT all of the cells. I don't know what else to d...

Making a template that puts the current date in the document so that does NOT change
I'd like to make a template that sets up some standard headers and formatting for new Word documents for a night school course I'm enrolled in. Among other requirements for all papers is to put the date the paper was created at the top. I'd furthermore like it so that if I need to reopen the document after creating it to say print another copy, the date written at the top will not change. In other words, when I create a new document using the template the current date is put near the top, but when I subsequently open the file for editing or reprinting it does NOT automat...

filter records in a form
I've created a form with its subform to enter tasks of employees. however I need filter records only for active employees The form has as a source, the table CARD_EMP (employee card). It has a field ST_EMP for the employee status (Active , Pasive) In the Event Form_Current I wrote DoCmd.ApplyFilter ST_EMP='A' but it doesn't work Thanks for advance Carlos -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Hi mamumi Your advice was the solution Thanks a lot Carlos -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-formscodin...

setting a column value in code for an updatable ViewGrid
Is there a way to set the value for a column in code when a ViewGrid row is edited? I have a row-last-updated date that is a required audit field in all our systems (required by data management). I don't really want the user updating this field as it should always be system controlled. If I create an editable ViewGrid tied to either an SqlDataSource or an ObjectDataSource, the field seems to only be updatable by the user. I can set it the first time by setting the DefaultValue in code but that has no effect after there is an initial value in the column. Do I need to co...

User accout shows new email
On start up a message shows in my user account that I have new email messages but am using Outlook 2003 and all incoming emails have been deleted. How do I clear the message ...

How do I make a summary page in Excel 2008?
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Intel I have a sheet with all my data (several columns, one of which is &quot;name&quot; and others are things like &quot;address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.). Then I have another sheet which is the summary. I want to be able to choose a name from a drop-down list (I figured out how to do that) for the &quot;Name&quot; and have the other fields ('address,&quot; &quot;notes,&quot; etc.) fill in automatically with the information that corresponds to that name. <br><...

Pivot Table data values
I need make a pivot table using the values as the data. I used to be able to do this, but now it only sums, counts or calculates. Is there a way to return the data values? ...

Error when I try to add a new account to Money 2007
I just downloaded the trial version of the Essentials to review, and if it's ok, buy it. When I try to add a new account which not selected from the list, the program displays me an error window and stop to create the new account. The error message is the same, what I found on the trobleshoot page: "OBRES:34 source 16.0". But when I try to remove the Spending Tracker module nothings happend (I mean I get the same error), and also if I clean the whole Home page. I'm in Hungary, and I tried it with English Windows XP, and Vista also. After this error I don't know ho...

Powerpoint 2007 is Making Me Crazy
When I am zoomed in doing fine editing on a large object, how do I stop the view from jumping back to the center of the object each time I release the mouse button? Apply SP2 for Office 2007. It fixes this problem. -- Echo [MS PPT MVP] http://www.echosvoice.com What's new in PPT 2007? http://www.echosvoice.com/2007.htm Fixing PowerPoint Annoyances http://tinyurl.com/36grcd PowerPoint 2007 Complete Makeover Kit http://tinyurl.com/32a7nx "BhuddaPest" <BhuddaPest@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:57229096-C852-4B8A-95D3-6BACDBE76C17@microsof...

How to carry over date value from one record to the next.
I have searched this site and the internet in search of an answer to this problem but none of the solutions I've found have seemed to help. I have a form that is used for data entry. The first two text boxes are called Supervisor and W/E Date. These two values will remain the same for several dozen entries. I have tried just using CTRL + ' to repeat the data but that is getting quite time consuming as well. How do I automatically carry over the value to the next record once I input the first data in? Any help on this would be much appreciated. -- Message posted via AccessMo...

Do the payment to account and make sale at the same time.
Hi, everyone Is there a way to dothe payment to account and make sale at the same time. Let's say this customer owes me $90 and he wantes to buy the item for $10, now he wants to pay the money he owe and the sale which are $100 at the same time, how can we do it? TJW, A Payment and Sale are two different transaction types and RMS will not let them be done at the same time. You would have to bulid a custom App to get around this. If you have need of this give me a call and we can discuss this. 404-352-3587 Daniel techs1@nurol.com NuRol Point of Sale www.nurol.com 404-352-3587 &qu...

How do I move workbooks w/o having to reset the links?
I would like to make copies of folders containing several workbooks, which changes the path to the source workbook for the numerous links within. Then, when updates are offered, there are some links that cannot be updated because the source cannot be found. It's clear that the path has been changed, but is there any way to prevent the path from changing? Not sure what you mean by keeping the path from changing. You should be able to fix the links that are not updating (because the source was moved) by going into Edit/Links. Then, select the source file that is not updating, cli...

Why is Default Value not working?
Why when I goto a new record the date is blank? Here is the code I'm using? Private Sub PostDate_AfterUpdate() Me.PostDate.DefaultValue = Chr(34) & Me.PostDate & Chr(34) End Sub -- Gator Why not put the default value in table design. Got to Post_Date field in the table and set the defaultvalue there... Besides you are setting a defaultvalue in the after update of the field you want to have a default value? Maybe you should go for 'new' record... -- Maurice Ausum "Gator" wrote: > Why when I goto a new record the date is blank? > Here is the code I...