make a text box visible and non visible

Hi there,

Hopefully, someone can help me with this.

Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
property box)

for example.

Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
property to not being visible.

Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
box conditions or something else


I hope this makes sense.

Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 1:48:00 PM
access.forms 6864 articles. 2 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1084 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 25

What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text 
box?

Based on your descripton, I would use the form Current event:

    Me.MyTextBox.Visible = Me.MyTextBox <> 0
-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP


"umpire_43" wrote:

> Hi there,
> 
> Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
> 
> Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
> form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
> property box)
> 
> for example.
> 
> Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
> property to not being visible.
> 
> Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
> box conditions or something else
> 
> 
> I hope this makes sense.
> 
> Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 3:07:00 PM
Hi thanks for your quick reply.

Im using dlooup  under the control source to pull the information into the 
text box. So i want to replace HELP ( in formula below)....will that work?  I 
hope that makes sense?

=IIf(DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target Data","  [Code]   ='" & 
[Basis 1 Code] & "'")=0,"help",DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target 
Data","  [Code]   ='" & [Basis 1 Code] & "'"))

Thanks

"Klatuu" wrote:

> What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text 
> box?
> 
> Based on your descripton, I would use the form Current event:
> 
>     Me.MyTextBox.Visible = Me.MyTextBox <> 0
> -- 
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> 
> "umpire_43" wrote:
> 
> > Hi there,
> > 
> > Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
> > 
> > Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
> > form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
> > property box)
> > 
> > for example.
> > 
> > Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
> > property to not being visible.
> > 
> > Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
> > box conditions or something else
> > 
> > 
> > I hope this makes sense.
> > 
> > Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 3:17:03 PM
No, the code would not work there.  Using this as the control source:
=DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","[Target Data]","  [Code]   ='" & 
Me![Basis 1 Code] & "'")

The use the code I posted earlier in the Form Current event. Note I put 
brackets around Target Data.  When you put characters in a name that should 
not be in a name (like a space), you need to bracket it so Access doesn't get 
confused.  You code assumes:
You want to return the value in a field (poorly) named [Quarterly Charge 
-Back]
The field is in a domain (table/query) (poorly) named [Target Data]
You are looking for a record where the field [Code] is equal to a control on 
your form (poorly) named [Basis 1 Code]

-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP


"umpire_43" wrote:

> Hi thanks for your quick reply.
> 
> Im using dlooup  under the control source to pull the information into the 
> text box. So i want to replace HELP ( in formula below)....will that work?  I 
> hope that makes sense?
> 
> =IIf(DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target Data","  [Code]   ='" & 
> [Basis 1 Code] & "'")=0,"help",DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target 
> Data","  [Code]   ='" & [Basis 1 Code] & "'"))
> 
> Thanks
> 
> "Klatuu" wrote:
> 
> > What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text 
> > box?
> > 
> > Based on your descripton, I would use the form Current event:
> > 
> >     Me.MyTextBox.Visible = Me.MyTextBox <> 0
> > -- 
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > 
> > 
> > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi there,
> > > 
> > > Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
> > > 
> > > Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
> > > form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
> > > property box)
> > > 
> > > for example.
> > > 
> > > Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
> > > property to not being visible.
> > > 
> > > Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
> > > box conditions or something else
> > > 
> > > 
> > > I hope this makes sense.
> > > 
> > > Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 3:27:00 PM
Hi Dave,

I'm real sorry being a pest.  Where am i suppose create the current event.  
I don't see anything in the property dialog box that would get me started 
when i right click on txtchargeback text box.

Am i missing something here?

Sorry

Keith



"Klatuu" wrote:

> No, the code would not work there.  Using this as the control source:
> =DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","[Target Data]","  [Code]   ='" & 
> Me![Basis 1 Code] & "'")
> 
> The use the code I posted earlier in the Form Current event. Note I put 
> brackets around Target Data.  When you put characters in a name that should 
> not be in a name (like a space), you need to bracket it so Access doesn't get 
> confused.  You code assumes:
> You want to return the value in a field (poorly) named [Quarterly Charge 
> -Back]
> The field is in a domain (table/query) (poorly) named [Target Data]
> You are looking for a record where the field [Code] is equal to a control on 
> your form (poorly) named [Basis 1 Code]
> 
> -- 
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> 
> "umpire_43" wrote:
> 
> > Hi thanks for your quick reply.
> > 
> > Im using dlooup  under the control source to pull the information into the 
> > text box. So i want to replace HELP ( in formula below)....will that work?  I 
> > hope that makes sense?
> > 
> > =IIf(DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target Data","  [Code]   ='" & 
> > [Basis 1 Code] & "'")=0,"help",DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target 
> > Data","  [Code]   ='" & [Basis 1 Code] & "'"))
> > 
> > Thanks
> > 
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > 
> > > What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text 
> > > box?
> > > 
> > > Based on your descripton, I would use the form Current event:
> > > 
> > >     Me.MyTextBox.Visible = Me.MyTextBox <> 0
> > > -- 
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi there,
> > > > 
> > > > Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
> > > > 
> > > > Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
> > > > form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
> > > > property box)
> > > > 
> > > > for example.
> > > > 
> > > > Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
> > > > property to not being visible.
> > > > 
> > > > Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
> > > > box conditions or something else
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > I hope this makes sense.
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 4:18:00 PM
Select the form.  Use the small square button in the upper left hand corner 
of the form in form design.  Open the properties dialog, select events, and 
look for the Current event.
-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP


"umpire_43" wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> 
> I'm real sorry being a pest.  Where am i suppose create the current event.  
> I don't see anything in the property dialog box that would get me started 
> when i right click on txtchargeback text box.
> 
> Am i missing something here?
> 
> Sorry
> 
> Keith
> 
> 
> 
> "Klatuu" wrote:
> 
> > No, the code would not work there.  Using this as the control source:
> > =DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","[Target Data]","  [Code]   ='" & 
> > Me![Basis 1 Code] & "'")
> > 
> > The use the code I posted earlier in the Form Current event. Note I put 
> > brackets around Target Data.  When you put characters in a name that should 
> > not be in a name (like a space), you need to bracket it so Access doesn't get 
> > confused.  You code assumes:
> > You want to return the value in a field (poorly) named [Quarterly Charge 
> > -Back]
> > The field is in a domain (table/query) (poorly) named [Target Data]
> > You are looking for a record where the field [Code] is equal to a control on 
> > your form (poorly) named [Basis 1 Code]
> > 
> > -- 
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > 
> > 
> > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi thanks for your quick reply.
> > > 
> > > Im using dlooup  under the control source to pull the information into the 
> > > text box. So i want to replace HELP ( in formula below)....will that work?  I 
> > > hope that makes sense?
> > > 
> > > =IIf(DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target Data","  [Code]   ='" & 
> > > [Basis 1 Code] & "'")=0,"help",DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target 
> > > Data","  [Code]   ='" & [Basis 1 Code] & "'"))
> > > 
> > > Thanks
> > > 
> > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text 
> > > > box?
> > > > 
> > > > Based on your descripton, I would use the form Current event:
> > > > 
> > > >     Me.MyTextBox.Visible = Me.MyTextBox <> 0
> > > > -- 
> > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi there,
> > > > > 
> > > > > Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
> > > > > form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
> > > > > property box)
> > > > > 
> > > > > for example.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
> > > > > property to not being visible.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
> > > > > box conditions or something else
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > I hope this makes sense.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 4:51:04 PM
Hi Dave,

thank you so much.  I wouldn't have looked there at all. Hopefully it will  
work now for me.  

thanks again
keith

"Klatuu" wrote:

> Select the form.  Use the small square button in the upper left hand corner 
> of the form in form design.  Open the properties dialog, select events, and 
> look for the Current event.
> -- 
> Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> 
> 
> "umpire_43" wrote:
> 
> > Hi Dave,
> > 
> > I'm real sorry being a pest.  Where am i suppose create the current event.  
> > I don't see anything in the property dialog box that would get me started 
> > when i right click on txtchargeback text box.
> > 
> > Am i missing something here?
> > 
> > Sorry
> > 
> > Keith
> > 
> > 
> > 
> > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > 
> > > No, the code would not work there.  Using this as the control source:
> > > =DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","[Target Data]","  [Code]   ='" & 
> > > Me![Basis 1 Code] & "'")
> > > 
> > > The use the code I posted earlier in the Form Current event. Note I put 
> > > brackets around Target Data.  When you put characters in a name that should 
> > > not be in a name (like a space), you need to bracket it so Access doesn't get 
> > > confused.  You code assumes:
> > > You want to return the value in a field (poorly) named [Quarterly Charge 
> > > -Back]
> > > The field is in a domain (table/query) (poorly) named [Target Data]
> > > You are looking for a record where the field [Code] is equal to a control on 
> > > your form (poorly) named [Basis 1 Code]
> > > 
> > > -- 
> > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > Hi thanks for your quick reply.
> > > > 
> > > > Im using dlooup  under the control source to pull the information into the 
> > > > text box. So i want to replace HELP ( in formula below)....will that work?  I 
> > > > hope that makes sense?
> > > > 
> > > > =IIf(DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target Data","  [Code]   ='" & 
> > > > [Basis 1 Code] & "'")=0,"help",DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target 
> > > > Data","  [Code]   ='" & [Basis 1 Code] & "'"))
> > > > 
> > > > Thanks
> > > > 
> > > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text 
> > > > > box?
> > > > > 
> > > > > Based on your descripton, I would use the form Current event:
> > > > > 
> > > > >     Me.MyTextBox.Visible = Me.MyTextBox <> 0
> > > > > -- 
> > > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > > 
> > > > > 
> > > > > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > Hi there,
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
> > > > > > form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
> > > > > > property box)
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > for example.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
> > > > > > property to not being visible.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
> > > > > > box conditions or something else
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > I hope this makes sense.
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 5:04:00 PM
I hope so, too.  Post back if you have any questions.
-- 
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP


"umpire_43" wrote:

> Hi Dave,
> 
> thank you so much.  I wouldn't have looked there at all. Hopefully it will  
> work now for me.  
> 
> thanks again
> keith
> 
> "Klatuu" wrote:
> 
> > Select the form.  Use the small square button in the upper left hand corner 
> > of the form in form design.  Open the properties dialog, select events, and 
> > look for the Current event.
> > -- 
> > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > 
> > 
> > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > 
> > > Hi Dave,
> > > 
> > > I'm real sorry being a pest.  Where am i suppose create the current event.  
> > > I don't see anything in the property dialog box that would get me started 
> > > when i right click on txtchargeback text box.
> > > 
> > > Am i missing something here?
> > > 
> > > Sorry
> > > 
> > > Keith
> > > 
> > > 
> > > 
> > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > 
> > > > No, the code would not work there.  Using this as the control source:
> > > > =DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","[Target Data]","  [Code]   ='" & 
> > > > Me![Basis 1 Code] & "'")
> > > > 
> > > > The use the code I posted earlier in the Form Current event. Note I put 
> > > > brackets around Target Data.  When you put characters in a name that should 
> > > > not be in a name (like a space), you need to bracket it so Access doesn't get 
> > > > confused.  You code assumes:
> > > > You want to return the value in a field (poorly) named [Quarterly Charge 
> > > > -Back]
> > > > The field is in a domain (table/query) (poorly) named [Target Data]
> > > > You are looking for a record where the field [Code] is equal to a control on 
> > > > your form (poorly) named [Basis 1 Code]
> > > > 
> > > > -- 
> > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > 
> > > > 
> > > > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > > > 
> > > > > Hi thanks for your quick reply.
> > > > > 
> > > > > Im using dlooup  under the control source to pull the information into the 
> > > > > text box. So i want to replace HELP ( in formula below)....will that work?  I 
> > > > > hope that makes sense?
> > > > > 
> > > > > =IIf(DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target Data","  [Code]   ='" & 
> > > > > [Basis 1 Code] & "'")=0,"help",DLookUp("[Quarterly Charge -Back]","Target 
> > > > > Data","  [Code]   ='" & [Basis 1 Code] & "'"))
> > > > > 
> > > > > Thanks
> > > > > 
> > > > > "Klatuu" wrote:
> > > > > 
> > > > > > What you want to do is easy enough, but how will you get data into the text 
> > > > > > box?
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > Based on your descripton, I would use the form Current event:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > >     Me.MyTextBox.Visible = Me.MyTextBox <> 0
> > > > > > -- 
> > > > > > Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > "umpire_43" wrote:
> > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Hi there,
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Hopefully, someone can help me with this.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Is there a way of making a text box visible through a if then statement on a 
> > > > > > > form if it meets a certain condition. ( using Control Sources function on the 
> > > > > > > property box)
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > for example.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Make the text box visible if not equal to zero else change the visible 
> > > > > > > property to not being visible.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Or is there another way of accomplishing the same thing using the property 
> > > > > > > box conditions or something else
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > I hope this makes sense.
> > > > > > > 
> > > > > > > Thanks
0
Utf
3/4/2008 5:08:01 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

How to concatenate multiple values in text box
I'm trying to code a control source for a text box to concatenate and handle various possible values. There are three fields I need to handle: For example, if the values for the three fields are ... Person_Relation = "Parent" Person_Relation_Other = <NULL> Person_Relation_Type = "Biological" .... my text box should show: Parent :Biological; (The ":" and ";" will be replaced by "(" and ")" but for now it's easier to use something other than parentheses for testing.) If instead the values for the three fields are...

How can i make backup automaticaly
Thank you for open this post. I Want to backup exchange automaticaly For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat file and then incert it to windows jobs. Thank for a help "Shurick" <Shurick@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8009D82C-D699-47E0-BE0C-8814C2CDC813@microsoft.com... > Thank you for open this post. > > I Want to backup exchange automaticaly > For example, how i can use ntbackup to backup IS to network path. > If i will write correct comand, i will build a .bat...

ActiveX control on win32 console MFC DIALOG box
Hi all, I am trying to include thirdparty activex control on mfc dialog box of win 32 console application with mfc support. Dialog box could not with with this control. without this it is working fine. What might be the cause? If I choose MFC Dialog box application, it is working fine. What are the differences between these two applications? I added activex control by using : project | add to project | components and controls option. Thanks in advance. Regards, John. ...

Modeles dialog box in sdi
I create and show a modeless dialog box in the View::OnInitial function. In Debug mode everything looks fine but in Release mode the look of the dialog box seems missing of some details. I display the dialog box at the beginning of the function and later on there some some processing. May questions- Why should be any difference between the modes regarding the look? If I pass the dialog box code (and the processing code) to a later stage of the application, say in the OnPaint could that improve something? Regards Jack what i understand ..... the dialog box is not being refreshed properly...

Making Characters from Character Viewer More Easily Available
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I'm writing a manual where I need to often use both the Place of Interest Sign that denotes the Command key, as well as the Upwards White Arrow that typically means the Shift key, and I'm getting those from the Character Viewer, thanks to information from this forum. I'm wondering, however, if there is a way to make those characters available more readily, so that I might insert them with specially designated keystroke combinations, as you can with the symbols in Word? I'm using them enough now...

Can you retain different text formats when merging text?
Is it possible to merge text retaing the formatting of the different cells. (eg. bold text is in one and italics is in another) I'm using Excel 2003 Any help would be appreciated. bill Bill, You could use a macro to do that, but in general, no, you can't. See the macro examples below, which will combine cells A1:A100 with cells B1:B100 into cells C1:C100 when you run "test". Note that the macro will only combine font, size, color, bold, italic, and underline. HTH, Bernie MS Excel MVP Sub test() CombineFormats Range("A1:A100"), Range("B1:B100")...

finding text strings
Can anyone tell me how to find and pull out text looking like this: <base>_<more> The <base> and <more> are strings of varying lengths. All searche strings have more an underscore. And what about if there are multiple strings? Thanks for any help -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Have you tried this? Edit-Find Type *_* Find All Ctrl-A Edit-Copy Close the Dialog Box Insert-Worksheet Ctrl- -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I appreciate the feedback but it doesn't accomplish what I want to do. Actually my explanation before w...

Convert random numbers to text..
HAPPY EVERYTHING!! I have a problem and after searching for an answer for at least 3 hours I am stumped. I have a spreadsheet formatted as follows: Row B2 --> DT2 is the name of Regions. ColumnA3 down to A50 are products. In the cells to the left os A3.. and beneath each Region there are numbers ranging from 1--> 70000(sample). I need to replace all cells which have a value and are not empty with an 'X'. I then have a SQL script to extract that data in to a db. I have found many macros, scripts for converting to monetary values to text in just about any language, various vlo...

Combo Box Setup
I have a subform that contains a combo box. When you select one item from the combo box drop down, it appears that the combo box setup will not default to another line once one is selected. You select an Item from the combo box and a new record line does not fall. Do I need to change a setting somewhere? Is it possible that the combo box is unbound? In that case you are not creating a new record when you choose a value. Doug "Pass-the-reality" <Passthereality@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8B5AF1E0-8F53-49BC-BBF5-6E72CFEA4CFB@microsoft.com... &...

How to make a worksheet visible
hi I have about 40 worksheets in a workbook. each sheet has a name of a student in a classroom. how can I programaticy make a choosen sheet to be visible thanks Yosi Sub unhide() Dim whichname as String whichname = InputBox("type in name") Worksheets(whichname).Visible = True End Sub Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Tue, 23 Jan 2007 20:39:23 +0200, "yosi_lb" <yosi_lb@bezeqint.net> wrote:Sub >hi >I have about 40 worksheets in a workbook. each sheet has a name of a student >in a classroom. >how can I programaticy make a choosen sheet to ...

Scientific plotting, non-zero x-axis origin, and number labeling
I want to plot some spectroscopy data. The range of x-data (wavelength) is from 270 to 1100 nm. However, I would like the x-axis lablels to read only 300, 400, etc., rather than 270, 370, 470... Is there any way in Excel 2003 or later to change the position on the axis where number labeling begins? I know this is possible in other plotting programs, but would prefer Excel for student use. Thanks for any help one way or the other. "Viterbo Mike" <Viterbo Mike@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:6A5A6621-40A9-4034-8612-02F12A7F1AA2@microsoft.com... >I wa...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Converting Text Field to Time
Is this possible? Me Probably, but what does the text field look like. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "A P" <ap@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:uRvCdTHKFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is this possible? > > Me > > you might like to check out the TIME function, if you'ld like more assistance please post back with a sample or two of your "text" typed into your reply. Cheers JulieD "A P" <ap@textguru.ph> wrote in message news:uRvCdTHKFHA.3916@TK2MSFTNGP14.phx.gbl... > Is thi...

How do I get the Text to display in the tool bar buttons in Outloo
Hi there, I was wondering if any one could tell me how I can get the text to be displayed in the tool bar buttons in Outlook 2007. What I mean is so that rather then just displaying the little picture on the button it also has text telling you what the button does. Say I want to go to Outlook Today, then I see the tool bar button for Outlook today and I click on the little picture, but what I want is the text next to the little picture that also says Outlook Today, or, Send/Receive (for the Send/Receive Button) or New (for the New Email Button) e.c.t. Also can someone tell me how...

Text strings from a variable string
Is there anyway I can set up a system where if I type a variable ( alpha numeric/numeric) in say d1, it will automatically put strings assigned to this variable in D2, D3 e.g variable P1234 D1 D2 D3 D4 P1234 op1 op2 op3 etc VLOOKUP table and formulas should do the trick. See help on VLOOKUP I note you have your D1, D2, D3 and D4 horizontally displayed when they should be vertically oriented. Is that a typo or did you mean D1, E1, F1 and G1? Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Mon, 26 Oct 2009 11:21:01 -0700, Ferdy <Ferdy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Is ther...

How do I group text to graphic?
In my document I'm trying to embed a graphic into the text. How do I do this to where when I delete text before the graphic it moves with text instead of me having to redo embedding? BeanieBrain <BeanieBrain@discussions.microsoft.com> was very recently heard to utter: > In my document I'm trying to embed a graphic into the text. How do I > do this to where when I delete text before the graphic it moves with > text instead of me having to redo embedding? Which version of Publisher are you using? -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher i'm using both 2000 and...

Tick boxs on a packing list
I am creating a report that shows products along with a subform showing optional extras for each product. On the subform i have drawn a box so it gives me the options when printed and packing the order to tick them off as boxed. This work fine when i have optional extra but when i have no optional extras in the subform i just end up with a box on the screen which i do not want. How do i set it up so it does not have box when i have no optinal extra So long as there is nothing else in that same horizontal space, you can turn on the CanShrink property and it will disappear when empty. HTH --...

Embedding active document on dialog box
Trying to achieve following - Creating a dialog based application where the dialog should be able to show a work document on itself. - next step is to make this dialog box which can show word document on itself as an Active X control Please help and Send in your solution/comments Thank you ...

Automatic scrolling when mouse outside the visible area
I want my view (CScrollView-derived) to automatically scroll when the user "grabs" an object in the view and drags it beyond the view limits (still holding the object). How do I do this? I cannot do this in the OnMouseMove() because I want the view to be scrolled, even if the mouse may be stationary (but beyond the visible portion of the view). I have implemented the object drag by handling the OnMouseMove() message for the view. You can if you do SetCapture to capture the mouse movements. When you move outside the area, you can detect this (you will continue to get the mousemov...

Percentage calculation on text columns
I have a sheet that represents exam candidates, their grades over 3 assignments with an average score, in the final COLUMN there is an indication of whether they have passed or failed in the format "Pass" "Fail". I need a formula that will count the overall group and give a percentage of the group that has failed. Can anyone help? -- Connor ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Connor's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=27970 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=4...

My "Insert" button is not allowing me to type over text. Help??
Is there somewhere I can go to turn this on or off ?? Thx. Click the Insert/Overtype button on the Word 2007 status bar or Word Options > Advanced > Editing Options > Use the Insert key to control overtype mode. -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://word.mvps.org <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> "jozee...

color shading for text entries
hello all, you will laugh at what i am trying to do, as it is pretty simple, but i do not know how to do it. i am using a spreadsheet as a calendar, and i would like to enter a character into a cell and then have that cell turn a particular color. there are five different characters that i would like to use...D, H, P, B, and J. i would like the D character, when entered, to turn to cell and character blue, the other four characters/cell colors just need to differentiate from each other. the cell range for this type of conversion is pretty large...from cell ac1:ac220 thru iv1:iv2...

How do I reference non-contiguous columns in another sheet and th.
I have a worksheet that contains several years of montlhy data on cost increases and decreases. I have another sheet w/ one column that summarizes the first quarter's data. How do I fill across on the second sheet so that the cells contain the correct data from the monthly sheet and the correct forlmulas from the first column on the quarterly sheet? This means the second sheet has to reference non-contiguous columns on the first sheet. This Thank you Bill Nash bill.nash@adelphia.net I understand the difficulty: since elements on the first sheet are not contiguous, creating out...

how to make a query to find the company with large number of selli
Hi I have two tables, one for the companies' info and one for t selling In the selling table there is data for customers, companies, prices etc. What I want to do is making a query to know which company has the large No. of selling. Can any body help me plzzzz What do you mean by "which company has the large No. of selling"? Most sales? Largest dollar amounts? Most items? In other words, which field determines "large"? -- Jerry Whittle, Microsoft Access MVP Light. Strong. Cheap. Pick two. Keith Bontrager - Bicycle Builder. "ghost" wrote: > Hi &g...

Macros to select multiple sheets to make simultaneous change
Hi, I need to have a macro such that it'll select all sheets from the first to the sheet before a sheet called "test". After selecting these sheets, i want to make simultaneous changes to them. So how do I add the code in the macro to choose all these sheets? I can't put the names of the sheets coz the names changes often. THanks! noel Hi noel This will loop through the sheets Sub test() Dim num As Integer Dim a As Integer num = Sheets("test").Index - 1 For a = 1 To num With Sheets(a) '.Select MsgBox .Na...