Main form with two sub forms

Hi,

I have a main form with a linked sub form which displays related records
when a record is selected on the main form.

Rather than use the record selectors at the bottom of the screen on the main
form to navigate records, I would like to create another sub form (#2) which
is unlinked, to the main form but contains a summary of all records on the
main form.

When a record is selected in Sub form # 2, I would like the main form to
jump to that record as well.  If I link sub form #2, then only the current
record is displayed, not a complete list.

In essence what I am trying to achieve is an extra sub form that give a list
of records that the main form contains, and when a record is selected on the
sub form # 2 it is reflected in the main form and sub form # 1.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated..

Cheers,
GLT

hi,

On 26.01.2010 13:15, GLT wrote:
> In essence what I am trying to achieve is an extra sub form that give a list
> of records that the main form contains, and when a record is selected on the
> sub form # 2 it is reflected in the main form and sub form # 1.
Synchronizing multiple forms can be painful. In your case I would
consider using one synchronization method in the main form which is
called from the sub-forms when necessary. E.g.

Main form:

Public Sub Synchronize()

   'your synchronization code here

End Sub

Private Sub Form_Current()

   Synchronize

End Sub

Sub form 1/2:

Private Sub Form_Current()

   On Local Error Resume Next

   Me.Parent.Form.Synchronize

End Sub

mfG
--> stefan <--
0
Stefan

Creating form in Outlook 2003
Hi, I designed a form in outlook. It is a form to send orders to different providers and I would like to put a check box that when checked the appropriate email is automatically entered in the "to" field. Also that same check box should enable a text box. I am not too sure how to do that, I guess it would take the use of VBA but I haven't use it since about 7 years and I've forgotten how to do it. Alittle help would be aprreciated. Thanks "archon" <archonsoft@gmail.com> wrote in message news:e75a1aee-d2d3-464b-9674-1bc0d342e0c2@t42g2000hsg.googlegroups.com...

Webbot Form question
I have scaled through the questions and still i am no wiser to solving my problem. I am using the forms and have a submit button which i require to go back to my email account. etc Now i do not plan to publish this website i have developed i have used the save as option to convert it to a web page. the file is stored on our server and appears on our desktop, so really it is functioning like a website just not publish via HTTP. Every item works as it should like a web apge however i get this webbot porblem like others. how do i solve the problem if i am not technically pulshling the we...

Outlook Forms Admin
I have a custom contacts form in a Public Folder and I want it to be the default for items like Palm and vCard sync'd contacts. I have the form published for the folder and all new contacts created within Outlook use the form, but these 2 examples do not. The existing items converter does not work (the Word Macro version does, but is a pain to explain to anyone) in Exchange. Any thoughts to reset the default form for these items? Thanks! -- Remove 'spam' from email address to contact me directly Does this work? http://www.outlookstore.com/download/DocMessageClass.zip -- ...

How do I... On opening file from hard disk, open a form
Hello, Microsoft Access 2003. I would like my Main Menu form to open when a user opens my database. So far I am in no way networked or web based, I'll probably get there but right now I have a file (Inventoryv4.mdb) that resides on the user's hard drive. when she opens this file, I would like my main menu form to open, instead of her having to go through the little task pane and dbl clk on frm_MAINMENU. How might one do this? ***Note: I need the task pane with all the tables queries, forms etc to still be there, just in the background, preferably minimized, and the main men...

Modify Forms
I have logged into the system and modified the values of the Leads form. I have changed the "Topic" field to no constraints and also changed the "Industry" fields pick list. I have previewed the form and all looks ok. The issue is when I open an existing lead or create a new lead the chnages have not been applied. You need to publish the changes via Deployment Manager and then issue an IISRESET. Matt Parks MVP - Microsoft CRM ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Thu, 2 Dec 2004 09:03:04 -0800, "Modify CRM Forms&...

Retroactive filter between two sheets?
I have two sheets - one with rows A-I and ID numbers 1-9 (like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/greenerton/excel1.jpg ), another with the same ID numbers 1-9, but instead of the lettered row, one with various colors (like this: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v294/greenerton/excel2.jpg ). I have a filter on the second sheet so I can sort by color to see all the IDs that have that color (IE red has 1,3,4,8), and vice versa with the numbers. How would I set it up so that I could sort the second sheet by the various colors and have Excel simultaneously sort the first sheet in the sa...

Form Variable no longer passes to new form
Button Command39 on main form, when clicked opens the SWLicensesForm. Button WinXP_Click() on the SWLicensesform, when clicked adds a new record and fills in some fields for me. My problem is in the POTEMP and NuaNumTmp variables being passed from the main form to th SwLicensesform.. These are no longer being passed from the main form to the SWLicensesform, and I can not fiure out why. I have a backup of the database that is about 8 days old that works fine. The only thing I have done between the backup and the variables not working is to compact the database. There are no error messages, ...

command button to a new form in same window
I need help in creating a command button that will open a different form in the SAME window. I know how to create a button that will open a form in a DIFFERENT window, but not in the same window. Is that possible? help would be much appreciated! thanks! That's not practical, Andy. If it's absolutely crucial, you could create a form that has a subform occuping its whole height and width. Then change the SourceObject of the subform control in code, e.g.: Me.[MySub].SourceObject = "Form12" -- Allen Browne - Microsoft MVP. Perth, Western Australia Tips for Access u...

Add contact phone number to case form
Is there a way to add the Contact Business Phone number to the Case form? The Responsible Client field shows, but not the phone number. There are a couple of ways to achieve this depending upon your requirements. You can use a JavaScript web service query from the Responsible Contact's OnChange event to populate a custom telephone number field on the case form with the appropriate field from the contact record. But if the contact's telephone number changes, the corresponding field on the case form won't get updated. Instead of displaying just the contact's full name in...

"Form Source <StoredProcedureName> not found ... "
Hi. I have a disconnected Access 2002 project (.adp) that runs under Windows XP Pro. Every 2 seconds, the project connects to a SQL 2000 database and invokes a stored procedure in the database to look for new data. If data is found, the project invokes other stored procedure to fetch the data. The project places the data in recordsets. The project displays some of the data in a subform. The Record Source for the subform is set to the recordset returned by one of the stored procedures using VBA code. Once the data is obtained and displayed in the project (including the subform), the connection...

Graph with two Y-axis
I want to make a line graph that has 2 y-axis, one representing cost and other percentage. on that graph, I have to plot two series such that one of them reads the cost and other reads percentage. How do I get such graph? In A1, B1, C2 type some heading (remove A1 if A-values are numeric) In A2:A12 or more, enter the cost values In B2:B12 or more, enter the percent v alues Select A1:C12; click chart wizard Finish chart Right click the percentage data in chart; use Format DataSeries On Axis tab, check Secondary Axis Done best wishes -- Bernard Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove CA...

Comparing Two Rows and counting matches
Hey! I have a spreadsheet of multiple-choice answers (answers are choices o 1,2,3,4) and an answer key on the top row. I want to be able to tall how many matches each given row has with that first answer key row. I've tried fidding around with COUNTIFS and such, but I can't seem t get it to work properly. Any suggestions? Thanks for your time; -Nuric -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com With the answer range in cells A1:C1 and the row of answers in A2:C2: =COUNT(IF(A2:C2=A1:C1,A2:C2)) will do what you need and can be placed at the end of each row. Not this is an arra...

Automatic Date Updating in Open Form
I have a form used to enter data into a table. I have a date textbox that I would like to code to automatically have enter the current date even when the form is left open through to the next day. Also, this date textbox must allow the user to make changes to the date. Thanks -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access/201001/1 The question then becomes "current to what?" Do you want the date/time that the form opens? closes? performs a certain task? Each of those things have events that can be used to put a ...

Ability to leave parts of form blank, thereby selecting all.
I want to give my users a form where they will give some information and a query will be run based on that. However, I want this to be a bit more dynamic than just a simply query. Let me try to explain in more detail. One of the forms in question will run a query that pulls all training classes an employee has had. The user would select the employee name and search by that. However, I also want to give the user several other options that they either can choose to use or not. For example, I would want to give them a place to also enter the instructor name. So, they could choose the emp...

Create multiple reports on the one form
Hello all, I have a form [Orders Retail] and sub-form [Orders Retail Calulated] which calulates totals by a query and shows an order with wholesale prices. On that form I have a command button that creates a report called wholesale order. I wish to produce another report with the same order information yet changing the wholesale price to manufacture price. Both these prices are stored in the same table. Prices are subject to a combo box called model and type. Thankyou On Tue, 1 Dec 2009 18:25:01 -0800, PeterC <PeterC@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Hello all...

Microsoft Forms 2.0 Label(FM20.dll) in VC2005
I use VS2005 standard edition to create MFC dialog based app, put MSForm2.0Label activeX control on the dialog, it is ok to show it. After I move "CPaintDC dc(this);" to the first line of OnPaint function, the label is not showed when I run it. CPaintDC dc(this); //this will cause the label not be showed. if (IsIconic()) { // CPaintDC dc(this); // device context for painting ..... This is worked in VC6. Thank you very much in advance. ...

User Forms #2
Ive created a user form in visual basic but im having trouble remembering how assign it to the work book idealy id like it to auto run on opening of the workbook but im really having trouble finding any information on usere forms at all. Any help would be much appreciated Thanks Gregg ...

Two copies of same document appear when opening a document
I have used Excel for 8 years. Recently, when I open an Excel spreadsheet document, a duplicate copy opens at the same time. For example, it shows as: Fort Apartment List 1 AND Fort Apartment List 2 When I close one document, both close at the same time. Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqApp.html#TwoWindows -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Kathy at the Fort" <Kathy at the Fort@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:D43B68BA-C8D1-48E1-9268-487F8D10611E@microsoft.com... >I have used Excel for 8 years. > > Recently, when I o...

Force data entry of certain fields on a form
Hi, I have an unbound form that only when the user clicks submit it add the new record to a Complaints table. Now, I am trying to enforce certain fields such as textboxes and comboboxes. I have tried the suggestions on previous posts such as Private Sub Form_BeforeUpdate(Cancel As Integer) If IsNull(Me.name) Then MsgBox "Please Enter Data" Me.name.SetFocus Cancel = True End If End Sub But it doesnt work, it still allows me to add a new record without entering a name. I have also tried to add the code on submit : Private Sub Submit_Click() On Error G...

Calculating age in a Word template/Form from the DOB field
I have a word template/form in which I'd like for a field to be able to calcualte and post a person's age based on another field that contains the person's DOB. Can anyone help me wit this? Thanks, -- John Since posting this I've found a number of possible solutions to my problem but none seem to work for me. I simply want to insert in one form field (named "DOB") an individuals DOB in the mm dd yy format and have the persons age in accurately rounded whole years automatically post in the form field I've called "Age". This will most ...

Adding field to GP form through MBS Dev toolkit
Hi, Is there a way to add an additional field to current GP form through VS 2005 using Dev Toolkit - I am wanting to add a field in RM Maintenance - i dont want to use modifier, dexterity - using dev toolkit will ensure that the complete customization/solution is one place rather then bits in modifier and rest in dev toolkit . thanks K M Dhariwal The only tool that can physically _add_ a new field to an existing GP window is either Dexterity or Modifier. For your Dev Toolkit project, you could take the Extended approach and pop your window open so that the user can add data to your windo...

Declare Sub Sleep Lib "kernel32.dll" ( ByVal dwMilliseconds As Lon
Greetings, I Have a few questions, and am quite stumped 1. In Word is there an alternitive to the API call to pause the applications progress? 2. Does the Sleep Procedure halt the OS or just the application? 3. My over all problem is I am moving a file from one folder to the another. The trouble is at runtime I get a "Permission denied" error, If I place a Break Point on the sub procedure to move the file or step through it it works fine this problem only occurs @ runtime. See Code below Sub MovePrintedFile(ByVal sFileName As String) Dim oFSO As Object Dim sDest...

Outlook 2003 in Cache mode and Public forms
Hi, When I use Outlook 2003 in cache mode, my customised public forms do not get updated on the server. So if I change a property or a value in a form then the change only shows up in my PC where others will not see any changes made. I waited for at least 1 hour and no changes showed up. Can you please help? Rayyan disable cache mode to publish. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google.com Most recent ...

Creating a data entry form
I created a document that looks like a registration form and now I want to create addtional records. Example- I want to register 10 people but I want to keep it in the same worksheet or book but be able to continue to add if I get over 10 people with out cutting and pasting. Just like in MS Access. Try something like this to transfer data from your form to you database. '------------------------------------------------ Sub Add_New_Record() Dim InputForm As Worksheet Dim Database As Worksheet Dim Torow As Long '-------------------- Set Database = Worksheets("Database")...

How to add a button to a form?
Hi folks, Does anybody have a javascript code which would allow me to add a button on the Account form and will do a very simple field validation when clicked? Any help will be appreciated Thanks! I would add a button to the Account toolbar, using the isv.config.xml. Something like this: <Entity name="account"> <ToolBar ValidForCreate = "1" ValidForUpdate="1"> <Button Title="Validate" Javascript="<see below>" Client="Web" /> </ToolBar> </Entity> Take a look at the SDK for the specifics on is...