Lookups Based on Table

I have a table called Products. For simplicity it contains 2 fields. Product
and Size. Here is some sample data

Coke   1L
Coke   6x355ml
Coke   2L
Pepsi   1L
Oreos   500g

Here is what I want to do... On a form I want 2 combo Boxes, Product and Size.

If I Select Coke from a unique list of Products then Size displays the
unique sizes associated with Coke. If I Select 500g then I get the list of
unique products that come in that size. Basically linking the combo boxes
based on the valyue of the other... This should be easy but it has been too
many years for me since I did this last.
---
TIA...

Jim Thomlinson

Search on 'Cascading Combos'.
--
Build a little, test a little.

"Jim Thomlinson" wrote:

> I have a table called Products. For simplicity it contains 2 fields. Product
> and Size. Here is some sample data
>
> Coke   1L
> Coke   6x355ml
> Coke   2L
> Pepsi   1L
> Oreos   500g
>
> Here is what I want to do... On a form I want 2 combo Boxes, Product and Size.
>
> If I Select Coke from a unique list of Products then Size displays the
> unique sizes associated with Coke. If I Select 500g then I get the list of
> unique products that come in that size. Basically linking the combo boxes
> based on the valyue of the other... This should be easy but it has been too
> many years for me since I did this last.
> ---
> TIA...
>
> Jim Thomlinson

Pivot Table Source Data
I have an existing Pivot Table that usually updates daily, albeit this relies someone in the office refreshing the data. Anyway we seem to have missed one days data and thought we would be clever and just include the days missing data back into the source data. In effect we are putting the 8th September data between the 7th and the 9th. However no matter what we do the data from the 8th ends up as the last column in the pivot table. Are we missing something really simple here or has my brain turned to mush? thanks for the help in advance. Bryan P.S I also tried creating a dynamic range but ...

Resource Units
I want to be able to have a resource, say 'electrician', with 5 available for the day shift and 2 available for the night shift. This would allow e to just assign the 'electrician' resource and have project level based on unit availability. If I setup 'electrician Day' and 'electrician Night', then I need to carefully select which to use and if the schedule shifts it is a nightmare. Any thought on how to do this? Thank-you! On Jan 6, 10:43=A0pm, John K <John K...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I want to be able to have a resou...

conditional formatting of row based on cell
I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row based on the contents of one cell in that row. For example, if cell L2 contains the word 'sport', i want the whole of row 2 to be shaded. I'm guessing this is pretty simple, but seem to be having a bit of a mental blockage. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks :) formula is =$l$2="sport" "Katherine" <katherine@katherine.com> wrote in message news:107b01c372ef$4ec59e30$a101280a@phx.gbl... > > I want to apply conditional formatting to a whole row > based on the contents of one...

Sales Distribution Entry table
Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales Distribution Entry window? Thanks. On Feb 27, 10:44=A0am, ALGP <gpjef...@gmail.com> wrote: > Can someone point me at the table that stores the data for the Sales > Distribution Entry window? > > Thanks. SOP10102 ...

pivot table grand totals not showing for all columns...
i have a pivot table that shows the grand total for some columns, but not for others... there are no differences in the data layout, yet this happens? any clues as to why? and how I can get the grand totals to show for all fields. thanx in the PivotTable floating toolbar, click PviotTable, then Table Options, select 'Grand totals for columns' option. ...

Formatting data table
I have a data table shown under a diagram. However it won't display all the decimals. I.e. in the input to the diagram for january 2006 is 1.123, but only 1.1 is shown in the data table. The only solution seems to be to enlarge the diagram but this is not an option in this particular case! As a last resort I could embed a table under a traditional diagram without the data table, but that is second best. Looking forward to any help If you right click on the data table you can change the font size by clicking on 'format data table' and the font tab. You can type in the size ...

How do I format a field based on the value
I have a form that is populated from a query using several tables. In the detail section I have the following fields: Category Code qty PO number ... .... ... The qty is populated in the query based on whether or not a PO number is available. If the PO number is not available then it comes from table a, if it is available then it comes from table b. On the form, I have my fields color-coded for easy reading. I would like to be able to color the border and column heading based on where this value comes from. If table A, then it is blue, if table b then it...

Data Tables
In Excel 2000, must data tables (Data\Tables...) always be located on the same worksheet tab as the source data? I want to put summary tables into a separate worksheet (tab), but Excel won't let me do that. Steve Looks that way, at least in Excel97 (my ver) But we could always mirror the data tables (or parts thereof) elsewhere (eg: another sheet) via simple link formulas -- Rgds Max xl 97 --- Singapore, GMT+8 xdemechanik http://savefile.com/projects/236895 -- "Steve D" <sdrenker_(you_know_what_here)_media.sj.nec.com> wrote in message news:ufhMsZfyFHA.3804@TK2MSFTNGP10....

Trouble with Forms based authentication in OWA
I am having some problems in setting up OWA with forms based authentication. From my understanding it should work like this: I go to my usual address http://<myserverdomain>/Exchange and I will be directed to the Forms Based Authentication login screen. Once I am there I can choose basic or premium function in OWA and once I authenticate I should be able to access OWA without any other login prompts. Well none of that is happening. Here is what I have done so far. 1. Enabled Forms based authentication in Exchange System manager. 2. Verified that that Authenticated Users group has Read...

Table name length in microsoft query
Hi! Is it true that the maximum length of a tablename is still 8 characters. I'm useing Excel 97 and trying to get data from a Paradox 9 table via odbc-link and Microsoft Query. I have heard a few years ago that long names are OK and supported all over the microsoftian regime. Is there any trick to avoid this without shortening all the names. Greetings from Helsinki HK ...

Formatting number in Data Table
I am using Excel 2007. I have a spreadsheet that the figures can be negative or positve. I have formatted the cells with this custom format $#,##0;[Red]$-#,##0. On the spreadsheet the format works fine. I created a chart from the data. I have a data table at the bottom of the chart. The problem is that the format from the spreadsheet is not reflected in the data table. When I click on Format Data Table, there is no option for number formatting. There is a number formatting option available when i click Format Axis, but this doesn't change it, because the actual axis is Text. Is th...

Query-based distribution group anomaly
When I do a TOOLS ~ OPTIONS ~ DELEGATES in Outlook 2003 and try to set a query-based distribution group as a delegate it seems to accept the group and whatever permissions I assign. But as soon as I click OK and then come back in to inspect it, the query-based distribution group has no permissions at all. This happens every time. However, in the same situation, whenever I assign a Global Security Group as a delegate and assign permissions, they stick. Should my query-based distribution group be accepted or is this kind of group not permitted as a delegate? But then if it's not perm...

SQL to update Item.LastCounted based on PhysicalInventory.CloseTime
Because of a bug/deficiency/oversight in a third party inventory counting application , I did a bunch of physical inventories that did not update the Item.LastCounted field. I need this field updated so I can see the correct date each item was counted last. I am willing to do a seperate SQL statement for each physical inventory sheet for which I have the problem. For example, I want to take each item in the PhysicalInventoryEntry table with PhysicalInventory.Code = '0000057' (or whatever the code is) and set Item.LastCounted = PhysicalInventory.CloseTime. I am not great at SQ...

Pvt Table Question
I am creating several pvt tables that will be updated often with new data. I want to know if there is any function within a pvt table that I can use to set up my pvt table so that only the top 10 data points are automatically displayed. So for example, if i have pvt table set up to show brand name and then accounts for each brand name and I sorted on accounts descending and only wanted the pvt table to show the top 10 brands that had the highest total accounts. Is this possible? Thanks. Hi, To show the top 10 values for a field - double-click the field heading, click 'Advanced' ...

Table relationships
I've created a database with about 15 tables for a participant data in a research study. Each participant will complete the 15 assessment measures. My ultimate goal is to create a data entry system whereby a research assistant can pull up a form and enter an ID number, plus the answers to the 15 assessment measures. I know I can create a query to combine all the tables, but it seems like the research assistant would have to enter the id and date 15 times (once for each table pulled in to the query). Is there a way to just enter the ID number one time and have it apply t...

Grouping dates in pivot table
I am pulling data from a SQL Server database to create a pivot table. Excel (07) is not recognizing the field as a date. This is a field I would like to group by in the pivottable. I am aware of all the techniques to convert this to a date field, but I am searching for an answer as to why XL pivot tables cannot consume the dates directly from a sql query. I have played with bringing the dates back in a number of differenent formats with no success. Any insights into this would be appreciated. Probably coming in as text and yuo may only need to copy an unused cell and paste sp...

Adding a total row to a chart data table
I have the following data in a chart Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6 Data2 3 4 5 7 9 4 6 6 Is it possible to have the data table show a totals row? I.E: Totals 4 9 12 13 10 10 13 12 Thanks in advance, John You can't include the total in the data table. As a workaround, you could embed the chart on a worksheet, and display the data below it. Tushar Mehta has instructions on his web site: http://tushar-mehta.com/excel/newsgroups/data_table/index.htm John Ortt wrote: > I have the following data in a chart > > Week 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 > Data1 1 5 7 6 1 6 7 6...

Need to find the table
I do get some odd requests for great plains. My latest requires me to track down a table. The one i need is for one of the forms that shows in the smart list. I need the one under account transactions and is called Output VAT Nominal. I need to know what table/s supply this form. Even better would be if it was possible to access the hard coding of this form. I looked for it and found nothing. We run great plains version 8 should it help. well, thankyou all kindly in advance. Tools>Resource Descriptions is always a good place to start. "Saltious" wrote: > I do get som...

pivot table 05-01-10
I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate them togeter.How can i use pivot table? -- meihua meihua;950632 Wrote: > I have data on two worksheet and i want to analize data by consolidate > them > togeter.How can i use pivot table? > > -- > meihua Option 1. Yes, you can use mutliple sheets connected to single pivot. choose, Multiple consolidation ranges option in Pivot table and Pivot Chart Wizard - step 1 of 3. Option 2. It is better to get the all data into single sheet and use pivot. thanks bala --...

Deleting Import Error Tables
Is there a way to delete a series of import error tables programatically? I am pulling in unformatted data from Excel, which causes many import error tables... The data is good, just not formatted to directly load into a table. I would like to regularly programatically delete these import error tables, otherwise they just continue to accumulate. Thank you, I can't remember the naming convention for the import error tables. What do they look like? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://www.AccessMVP.com/DJSteele (no e-mails, please!) "Cathy" <Cat...

Reporting table fields vertically
I've come across a client with a non-normalized table with sales of items for eight different regions. So, the fields in the table are: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty .... .... Region8SalesQty Typically the client is printing these sales in columns, with a report that has the eight regions spaced horizontally across the page. Something like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ... Region8SalesQty However, they now need a report with the sales reported vertically, like this: ItemCode Region1SalesQty Region2SalesQty ...

Automatically adjust table row height in Publisher
Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working in a table? No... -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "cdavetype" <cdavetype@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AAADE565-0540-4135-B7EF-D6DB4AD01B91@microsoft.com... > Is it possible to have Publisher automatically adjust row height when working > in a table? ...

VBA variable to population Table Question
I am using the following code to fill a line in one of my tables based off what someone enters into a text box. The problem is whenever the code runs a popup dialog box comes up asking the user to enter the variable values over again. How can I set it up so the values are just taken from the text box instead of being asked for in the dialog window? DoCmd.SetWarnings False DoCmd.RunSQL ("INSERT INTO Keywords (ReferenceID, Keyword) VALUES (RefID, KeyPart)") DoCmd.SetWarnings True "Zachary" <zlehmann@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a40e9e56-e8b9-48e2-80e1-cb2...

Need access advise regarind linked versus imported tables
I have designed an application that uses a linked csv file as the main table. The reason for this is because another user creates this file and jsut puts it into a designated folder on their computer. Here is the issue. The csv file contains approximately 20K records. I cannot create any type of index on a linked file. Am I better off importing the file into access (or reading the linked table and inserting them into another table with an index)? Is there an easy way to perform something like this? Will this increase performance? I am pretty new to access and am looking for any and all...

Pivot table and counting.