Looking for help on timing within a function

At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to
sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes.
They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of
the database to show how long they have been working on the current work
order, updating each time they sing out another order.

I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it
possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work
being done?

0
WillN

Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done.  In this
example, there is a command button that resets the elapsed time, but you
could put it anywhere in your code that is appropriate.  Set the form's Timer
Interval property to 1000 (1 second). Dim lngTimeCount at the module level.

Dim lngTimeCount As Long

Private Sub cmdResetTime_Click()
    lngTimeCount = -1
    Call Form_Timer
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Timer()
    lngTimeCount = lngTimeCount + 1
    Me.txtTimeDisplay = Format(lngTimeCount \ 3600, "00:") & _
        Format((lngTimeCount - (lngTimeCount \ 3600) * 3600) \ 60, "00:") & _
        Format(lngTimeCount Mod 60, "00")
End Sub

--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"WillN" wrote:

> At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to
> sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes.
> They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of
> the database to show how long they have been working on the current work
> order, updating each time they sing out another order.
>
> I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it
> possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work
> being done?

Thank you very much

Klatuu wrote:
>Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done.  In this
>example, there is a command button that resets the elapsed time, but you
>could put it anywhere in your code that is appropriate.  Set the form's Timer
>Interval property to 1000 (1 second). Dim lngTimeCount at the module level.
>
>Dim lngTimeCount As Long
>
>Private Sub cmdResetTime_Click()
>    lngTimeCount = -1
>    Call Form_Timer
>End Sub
>
>Private Sub Form_Timer()
>    lngTimeCount = lngTimeCount + 1
>    Me.txtTimeDisplay = Format(lngTimeCount \ 3600, "00:") & _
>        Format((lngTimeCount - (lngTimeCount \ 3600) * 3600) \ 60, "00:") & _
>        Format(lngTimeCount Mod 60, "00")
>End Sub
>
>> At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to
>> sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes.
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work
>> being done?

WillN

Need Help troubeshooting
I am running Exchange 2003 sp1 on Windows Server Entrprise 2003 sp2. I have two front-end servers, and a back-end active/passive Exchange cluster. I was notified that we were experiencing problems and noted many delivery errors reported by Symantec Email Gateway (virus/spam) tool. I rebooted the troubled gateway and was flooded with messages from the prior day, and some even 2 days prior. Where did these messages come from? Is there an incoming queue of some sort? Also, when I look in the outbound queue, I see messages that are definitely not from our organization - why is this, ...

Help with SUMPRODUCT
I was trying to set up a PivotTable and not having much success with it and it was suggested that I try the SUMPRODUCT function. I did but it returns a #VALUE! error. Each rows of my spreadsheet contains a specific project that was completed. In column C i have the name of the client who's name may come up several time throughout my spreadsheet. In column M i have the net profit for that specific project. It is my understanding that I can use the SUMPRODUCT function to add all the profit amounts for all the projects completed for a specific client. So for example, I want to add all the ...

'Add to contacts' option not available
Hello, On my Outlook 2003, I can bring up the GAL and right click a name and add it to my contacts. I look on other Outlook versions (01,02 and 03) and the right click says 'add to personal address book' or similar. How can I change this setting so it says 'add to contacts. We want users to use contacts exclusively and not PAB's. Any help would be greatly appreciated. thanks again, Mike Mikek <Mikek> wrote: > On my Outlook 2003, I can bring up the GAL and right click a name and > add it to my contacts. I'm very curious. Why do you want the contact in bot...

Getting a report to show a looked up value
I had a report in access 97 that worked fine. When converted to access 2000 it does not report the same. The report is based on a query. In the query, one of the columns refers to a table and the field in that table is a lookup value. The lookup field looks for a customer's number and then goes to the next column to report the customer name. When the query shows the data, it does not show the customer number - but it does show the customer name - and that is just what I want. However, when the report comes out, it does not show the customer name - it shows the customer number. Any h...

phone time match with outlook when syncing
I am using outlook and want to sync with my lg chocolate touch. Syncing is working but times are different on the phone and calendar. Any ideas? I checked time zone in outlook and it was set to eastern with daylight savings on. Thanks. Dale What time zone is the phone using? How many hours are the appointments off by? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newslet...

How do I add/remove main menu selections at run time?
I need to be able to add main menu items: ID, Caption and Prompt (as well as control properties) under program control. How might I accomplish this, or is there a Knowlegebase article that covers this topic? AVee wrote: > I need to be able to add main menu items: ID, Caption and Prompt (as well as > control properties) under program control. How might I accomplish this, or is > there a Knowlegebase article that covers this topic? This may be what you are looking for: http://www.codeproject.com/menu/dynitems.asp (c: Thanks, Mark (great emoticon!). This example in Code Project ...

keyboard shortcut too enter a time/date stamp into a word2007 dox
where is any way, like a keyboard shortcut, too enter a time/date stamp into a word2007 dox? Alt+Shift+D, but note that it inserts a DATE field, which will update with other fields. If you want a static date/time, you will need to immediately unlink the field (Ctrl+Shift+F9). -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "save" <save@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:68758432-F6E5-443B-A546-44773192F231@microsoft.com... > where is any way, like a keyboard shortcut, too enter a time...

Help with SQL statement
-- Jon Kahn Confluence Kayaks ...

Need help converting a CString to 8 bit Ascii char string
I having a problem passing an 8 bit char string to an SDK api. What I am doing now is: "cs" is CString char cPAGER_CODE[16]; strcpy(cPAGER_CODE, (char *) (LPCSTR) cs); <-------is this converstion correct? The API to this SDK calls for an 8 bit char string to pass to it, but it doesn't like what I do. Any help on my conversion above? Thanks! jt Do you have UNICODE defined? If you do then you will have to convert from Unicode string, if not - you can use cs directly strcpy(cPager_Code, cs); -- - Mark Randall http://zetech.swehli.com "jt" <jtsof...

Help with dates in drop down menus
Hi everybody. Im not that great with excel (im only 17 and have no nee to use it) and I'm looking for some help. I was set a task in my IC class which was to create a spreadsheet that could be used by a trave agent. So far I've come up with the file I have attached. My teache says I've gone beyond what I need to do but there were a few things couldn't work out and they are really bugging me! Firstly. If I select say September for the month and 30 for the date when I change the month to february the date will stay as 30 eve though I have it set so that only dates upto 28 can ...

help with formula #32
=IF(A30="","",SUM(C3:C25)*ROUNDUP(Worksheet2!G3/G1,0)) I only need to Sum (C3:C25) ONCE, Then after that, Sum (C3:C10) for the remaining. Example: If G3 lets say is 100 and G1 is lets say 25 then Sum C3:C25 only ONCE then Sum C3:C10 for the remaining count which is 75 in this example. C3:C25 is formatted as time, so is G4 where this formula is. With this formula NOW it shows a total of 8 hours. The way I need this formulas end result is to be 2.5 hours. Thanks in Advance!!! ...

I would think this would be easy to fix. Can you help?
I have what I believe to be an easy problem here for somebody that knows Exchange a little better than I. I have two Windows 2003/Exchange 2003 Servers. When I am in Active Directory Users And Computers - at the point where it asks if I want to create a mail account for the user, it's default is the wrong mail server (because it's listed in alphabetical order). How can I change it so that the second mail server will be the default that all new mailboxes will be stored on? Thanks! I don't think you can change that...the servers/databases will appear in alphabetical order... ...

Please help with Win XP recovery!!!
Hi I would really appreciate any help with this. My antivirus found that a .dll file was infected and so I told it to delete the file. Didn't know this would be a mistake... Now the pc won't load into windows. It just hangs half way through boot up. I do have data on the drive I want to try to recover if possible so if anyone can give me some ideas about what I should try to get it up and running again that would be amazing. The file was ws2_32.dll PC is running WinXP Pro SP3 I have one hard drive partitioned into C: (Win install) and D: (apps and files) THANKS!...

timestamp grouped as time interval
hi everyone, I've got a lot of table of recorded phone calls. PHONE CALLS(callid, time, purpose) and i want to create a query to count these calls grouped by half hour interval like: Time Period Total Calls ------------------ ----------------- 9:00-9:30 25 9:30-10:00 40 10:00-10:30 55 is there a way to do this? --Stefano You can find the int of the time * 48 since there are 48 half hours in a day. Then divide by 48. Format(Int([TimeField]*48)/48,"Short Time") -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP ...

Having Pb openning/saving fax(Tif format) on Outlook 2003 since a Week plz help
Hi All, Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't chage anything to my outlook config, before that I could receive fax read and save them wihout any Pb Thank's for your help Do not multipost. -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "bbnimda" <wahhhran-vba@yahoo.fr> wrote in message news:OlOz1OqRHHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hi All, > > Since a few days I can't open or save reveived faxes (.tif), I didn't > chage > anything to my outlook config, > > before that I could receive fax read and save t...

Missing JE Lines
Posting is set to Post to GL from subsidary modules. Can post a batch in AP, creates a Batch in GL, but the JE in the Batch does not have any distribution lines. Same with AR, SOP, etc. A GL entry made in the GL is fine. SY00500 has records, GL10000 has records, but GL10001 does not have rows. Any ideas?? Jen - I just posted To GL from AP here in a test GP instance. I can pull child rows in GL10001 using JRNENTRY number found in GL10000. In GP under posting setup for AP payables entry I had "create a journal entry per transaction" radio button clicked. -- If this ...

Help with Margins
I am creating a document that needs to be cut into fourths. I have lined everything up so that each half will be perfect, each finished sheet will be 4.25x5.5. When I print it, it doesn't line up anymore, and I don't know why. It seems like there is a small margin when you print that does not show on the screen. Any ideas? Is each forth going to be the same? If it is use the postcard setup and center your creation on the card. You will have one card on the screen, it will make it easier for you to work with. Where is this small margin? If it is on the right, then it is a limitat...

4.0 customization help
When creating a new activity > phone call and I click on the Recipient lookup, I get an Account lookup screen and it only returns account names and i want it to return more, like account name and Address 1:City. I am not sure of the name of this view, but I can't seem to find it by trial and error. Anybody point me in the general direction? thanks, chris Hi Chris, There is no supported way to add more columns/change the view of the multi-record lookup dialog. Unfortunately it only shows you the primary display value for the record you are looking up. Dave > When creating...

Database Reference Formula Help
Let's try this again. I posted this earlier, but somehow my reply never appeared to the original even though a successful confirmation appeared.... So, we'll give it another try. I have a question and answer database that I am maintaining. Each question has an ID number. Additionally, each answer for the question has other relevant questions linked to that answer. What I want to do is to create a column in this database that will tell me for each question ID, what other questions it's linked to, so when it comes time to change a question or answer, I know whic...

Understanding the logic and Syntax of Excel Functions
I have trouble sometimes knowing what function to use and also understanding the message provided when I'm to insert something as part of a function prompt (ie true - false, if, etc. Where is the best place to get the quick Readers Digest version of how to use functions and what most of them do. I believe the Excel help, was made for the guys who wrote the program. Thanks for the help!! -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Neil MnM" <anonymous@discussions.microsof...

How do i make a time line?
How do i make a time line? What is a time line ?? "Tropica Photography enterprises" <Tropica Photography enterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411FEE4F-E9B2-4789-9081-279AA0E3B012@microsoft.com... > How do i make a time line? "Tropica Photography enterprises" <Tropica Photography enterprises@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:411FEE4F-E9B2-4789-9081-279AA0E3B012@microsoft.com... > How do i make a time line? http://www.microsoft.com/education/timelinesword.mspx There's trillions of w...

How can I type within a cell like it is a word document?
Hi, Is there a way to type text within a cell where I can choose the position of the text by clicking within the cell like you can within a word document? I'd like to be able to easily type in something like this: YOU: ME: No I can not do that! (happy) Yes you can! And be able to select the placement of my text WITHOUT having to hold down the cursor to push it forward. Thanks! I...

Excel 97 form
Hi, I would be really grateful if someone could help out as I am bashing my head against a wall over here! I have a data form in excel. Certain records can be updated within the body of the form. The problem I have is that I need the date in dd_mmm_yy format, but when the information is entered on the form, it is in American format. Which is fine, except for, when you click on the field, it inserts a space before the date - which means it can't be formated to the desired format without going into the cell and deleting the space. However, when I tab through the record I don't get...

Need Help #2
All, When outlook 2000 running in idel mode, i get the following message: the procedure entry point STRTOKEX could not be located in the dynamic library MDSERT2.dll Please help with troubleshooting this problem. Thanks. ED ...

Can anyone help me send mail? Please.
This is the error message: The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: Thermal Cat Mat', Account: 'Home', Server: 'smtp.gmail.com', Protocol: SMTP, Port: 25, Secure(SSL): Yes, Socket Error: 10060, Error Number: 0x800CCC0E "Carib210" <Carib210@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:59E96DDF-ADFF-41F0-9B02-B60BC891A481@microsoft.com... > This is the error message: > > The connection to the server has failed. Subject 'Emailing: Thermal Cat > Mat', Account: 'Home', Server: 'smtp.gmail...