Looking for help on timing within a function

At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to
sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes.
They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of
the database to show how long they have been working on the current work
order, updating each time they sing out another order.

I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it
possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work
being done?

0
WillN

Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done.  In this
example, there is a command button that resets the elapsed time, but you
could put it anywhere in your code that is appropriate.  Set the form's Timer
Interval property to 1000 (1 second). Dim lngTimeCount at the module level.

Dim lngTimeCount As Long

Private Sub cmdResetTime_Click()
    lngTimeCount = -1
    Call Form_Timer
End Sub

Private Sub Form_Timer()
    lngTimeCount = lngTimeCount + 1
    Me.txtTimeDisplay = Format(lngTimeCount \ 3600, "00:") & _
        Format((lngTimeCount - (lngTimeCount \ 3600) * 3600) \ 60, "00:") & _
        Format(lngTimeCount Mod 60, "00")
End Sub

--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"WillN" wrote:

> At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to
> sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes.
> They have asked if it would be possible to put a timer on the front page of
> the database to show how long they have been working on the current work
> order, updating each time they sing out another order.
>
> I am not very adept at access nor is the rest of our management staff. Is it
> possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work
> being done?

Thank you very much

Klatuu wrote:
>Use the Form Timer event. Here is an example of how it can be done.  In this
>example, there is a command button that resets the elapsed time, but you
>could put it anywhere in your code that is appropriate.  Set the form's Timer
>Interval property to 1000 (1 second). Dim lngTimeCount at the module level.
>
>Dim lngTimeCount As Long
>
>Private Sub cmdResetTime_Click()
>    lngTimeCount = -1
>    Call Form_Timer
>End Sub
>
>Private Sub Form_Timer()
>    lngTimeCount = lngTimeCount + 1
>    Me.txtTimeDisplay = Format(lngTimeCount \ 3600, "00:") & _
>        Format((lngTimeCount - (lngTimeCount \ 3600) * 3600) \ 60, "00:") & _
>        Format(lngTimeCount Mod 60, "00")
>End Sub
>
>> At the facility I work, our associates use a very basic access database to
>> sign out individual work orders on an interval of around every 12 minutes.
>[quoted text clipped - 5 lines]
>> possible to add this function, so they can better keep time of their work
>> being done?

WillN

Outlook 2007 crashes every time when connecting to Exchange
I've been using Outlook2007 in XP for some time without problems. Last week, when syncing with our Exchange server, I received the message that the space on the server for junkmail lists was full. Outlook crashes consistently immediately every time I connect to the server since then. Same thing happened on a completely different computer which is installed completely differently, so I believe the problem is with my account on the server. Web access to the account works without problems. I can work offline without problems. I disabled all Add-Ins just to be sure, but that made no di...

Public Function Problems
Hi, I am very new to VBA and am attempting to use a public Function withou much luck. What I need is I have 6 test results in columns C to H and I need Public Function to add the scores up make certain divisions and outpu a mark e.g Merit for the score they achieved. I have attempted it i the code below and have chopped and changed thing so much I am no totally confused. This is the code... Code ------------------- Option Explicit Public Function Grade(cell As Range) As String Dim dblTest1 As Double Dim dblTest2 As Double Dim dblTest3 As Double Dim dblTest4 As Dou...

Routing Engine not starting, please help ASAP
Exchange and Windows 2003 I cannot get the Exchange Routing engine to start up. Upon startup I get an event ID 7023 telling me that the path is not found. Everything else works and starts up just fine, people can open mailboxes, but cannot send/receive emails. I read online that it sounds like the metabase.bin file is corrupted. I uninstalled/reinstalled IIS, reinstalled Exchange 2003, and have reinstalled Exchange 2003 SP1, everything works except that I still cannot get the routing engine to kick back on. Any suggestions! Thanks! Was this an OEM preinstall? I recently bought a ser...

Help Microsoft Office 2003
After now using Microsoft Office 2003 for about 3 months now, have suddenly noticed that my email messages have just started showing strange symbols for certain punctuation. This does not show as I type... but the recipent sees these symbols when the message is received. I can see it when they reply back. The strange symbols show for the apostrophe and sometimes for the exclaimation. I do not recognize the symbols. I do not have caps lock on, do have number lock on. None of the symbols show on my keys. Help?! Thanks! Kim it's caused by character encoding. What email client and...

.pst folder help
How do I put a .pst folder in My Documents for constant up to date copying? Mine seems to be in a folder called Office Data File which I cannot open but do not see any pst file...can someone kindly help me out here? Thanks! Right click the pst in outlook and select properties and then click Advanced You will see the location of the file. Depending on your view settings it may be hidden. Close the pst, (right click it, close) Move the file to the location you desire. Open Outlook select File - Open - Outlook Data File Browse to the file and select it. OK Done Regards Mark Dormer &quo...

Display System Time running real time
Hi how to display the system date time running real time in Dialog, including seconds ? I know declaring like: SYSTEMTIME systime; ZeroMemory(&systime,sizeof(SYSTEMTIME)); GetSystemTime(&systime); // gets current time then access the SYSTEMTIME structure: typedef struct _SYSTEMTIME { WORD wYear; WORD wMonth; WORD wDayOfWeek; WORD wDay; WORD wHour; WORD wMinute; WORD wSecond; WORD wMilliseconds; } SYSTEMTIME; but how to get it running in realtime as it elapses seconds by seconds like 8:56:01 AM Monday, December 02, 2008 ......

Calling javascript functions from isv.config button 11-21-06
Is it only possible to call a javascript function included in global.js using isv.config button?. The button is used in account entity form. // Mats ...

Help with macro to choose printer
Hi, I am new to macros in Excel and this is what I did to print a worksheet: ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Range("A1:W35").Select ActiveSheet.PageSetup.PrintArea = "$A$1:$W$35" Selection.PrintOut From:=1, To:=1, Copies:=1, Collate:=True End Sub ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Works great except that I want to select the printer to use and the macro won't stop at the point to choose printer. Any way to work around this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Emilio Emilio,this wil...

Message Tracking Center not functioning
The Message Tracking Center has been working fine for many months, however today I tried to use it and received the error message: "The tracking database on SERVER_NAME is not available or the message has left the Exchange organization. Facility: Microsoft Exchange Management ID no: c1032751 Microsoft Exchange Management I've tried turning tracking off and on under the ESM server properties. I've tried changing the folder location (I hopes it reset something). The permissions on the SERVER_NAME.log folder appear to be open for Administrators. Also looking at the tracking ...

Help with an expression to calculate a profit from one of three fi
Using Access 2003 SP3 - in Forms I know I'm probably asking a very complex question, so a very big THANK YOU to whomever can help. I am doing a detailed inventory and need help with an expression in my form that will calculate my profit based on one of three fields. Only one field would have the end data. To clarify what I am working with: Most stock items come by the "unit" and contain multiple "subunits" which, in turn, contain smaller "pieces." However, some "units" only come with "subunits" and some only come as &quo...

Passing a reference to a textbox to a function
I wrote a generic module so I could reuse it. I pass a textbox to the function, and later on the function updates the value in the textbox that is passed into it. What I can't understand is that Me.txtPressIdLink is Null in Form_Current(). I am trying to pass a reference to the text box, not the Me.txtPressIdLink.value. I guess it uses the default (which is the value), but I want it to pass a reference to the txtPressIdLink control. Thanks. FORM CODE: Private Sub Form_Current() 'Init the Press Navigation variables Call init_PressNavigation(Me!pkJobID, Me.txtPressIdLink) ...

how to invoke the javascript function from activex
Hi I am having a MFC activex control project and I wish to invoke a javascript function on a particular event.Please guide me to solve this issue. Thanks Anup ...

Help with Lookup #2
I have an excel worksheet that has approximately 20,000+ records. I would like to classify these recorded based on two columns. The first column's name is "YB Description" and the other is "Sold Date". The YB column mainly contains 4 digit numerical values, with approximately 300-400 records that are text, ie. "classified", "not verified", "public use". The Sold Date column is pretty self-explanatory, all the records are dates with the following formatting - M/D/Y. What I would like to do is create a third column called YB/Sold that classi...

how do i ignore a number when using MODE function?
Hi I have a list of numbers that I want to find the MODE in: 0 0 1 2 0 0 3 3 2 2 2 0 0 But I want to be able to ignore the Zeros How do i go about doing this so the mode function gives me the #2 only Thank you -- Dev4me ------------------------------------------------------------------------ Dev4me's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=29709 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=498091 =MODE(IF(A1:A20<>0,A1:A20)) which is an array formula, so commit with Ctrl-Shift-Enter -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the...

Help with ACT! to CRM migration
Hi to anyone that can help. I am trying to do a trial data migration from our ACT! database to MSCRM to see what it will look like. I have installed the migration framework and appear to have CRM running fine on a server in our network (no errors on install and all windows appear ok). Since I do not have a strong database background I was wondering if someone could confirm what I believe is MS's way of migrating my data accross. I have exported the data from ACT! to a text file. I imported this into excel and repleaced the Free/busy data with a unique number for each record. I the...

Look up table?
I am sure this is simple, but I dont know how to achieve it I have 2 drop down lists the produce values 1-3 each and a table A B C 1 500 550 600 2 450 500 550 3 400 450 500 How do I get the value at the intersection of the row/coloum, so if the drop downs come up with 1 & b the answer should be $550 Thanks >I have 2 drop down lists the produce values 1-3 each >if the drop downs come up with 1 & b If both drop downs have selections of 1,2 3 then how can the drop down...

Help with Links to Files
Hello, I have a file in Word 97-2003 compatibility mode. When I select the Office Button / Prepare I see an option to Edit Links to Files. If I convert the file to 2007 format the option for Edit Links to Files is no longer there. Where did they go? thanks, mitch This is strange. The Edit Links to Files option should be available even if you save in Word 2007 format. Are you sure you didn't inadvertently break the link to the automation object? You could press Alt+F9 to see that the field code for the object is still intact. (Note that you can only see the field co...

Looking for FAX software FREE TRIAL
Hi... This is slightly off the NEWS topic, but I have spent 4 days searching this. I desperately need to fax something and have no options. I had fax stuff on my PC, but that PC is gone. I have an iMAC OS 9.2.2 and a good Epson scanner... but no fax software for this computer. is there any FREE TRIAL software for my system that is FULLY FUNCTIONAL TO TRY ? Please help as soon as you can... Thanks in advance, Kimi You'd be best off searching the web via google or somesuch, though someone may come along with a suggestion. Try different combinations of varying phrases, here's ...

Need help backing up OL2002 items (or folders)
HELP says: "If you want to create a folder to which you can drag items for safekeeping or to distribute to another computer. Create a new data file (.pst) and drag items to it. If you used the default name for the folder when you created the data file, the folder will be called Personal Folders . In the Folder List (Folder List: Displays the folders available in your mailbox. To view subfolders, click the plus sign (+) next to the folder. If the Folder List is not visible, on the View menu, click Folder List.), drag any item from your current folders to the new folder. Press CTRL...

Electronic Time Sheets
Hello, I'm in a bit of a pinch. I've been working for a couple of days with this company, (internship) and they have asked me to design a way to allow employees to enter their worked-hours time sheets electronically. Currently they just write them on a piece of paper and hand them in. They are using Great Plains 8. I asked for the manuals and they said they never bought them because they were too expensive. (I didn't even know you had to buy the manual.) So basically, I don't know how to work this out. Would it be possible for me to create an ASP.NET application that genera...

Format within a Function
I am using the "IF" function, and want to have a different format for the different values. For example, if the [logical test] is true, I want to say "Window," but if the [logical test] is false, I want to also say "Window" but with a strikethrough through it or some different format (ie, bold, underline, etc...). Is this possible? Functions can return VALUES they cannot change formats Have a look at Conditional Formats in Help and come back if you need help with that topic best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx....

password
Hi I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often Outlook won't remember the password. Thx I am having a similar problem. Using Outlook 2002 (XP). I have several POP3 accounts, and Outlook requires the passwords every time. I've tried everything, and it still forgets them. Thanks to anyone that can help. >-----Original Message----- >Hi >I have problem with Microsoft Outlook XP. Very often >Outlook won't remember the password. > >Thx >. > Earlier reply had the incorrect e-mail address. This address is correct. Jim V >-----Original Mess...

Yahoo Email Search Function Not Working
If there is a more appropriate group to post to please advise. Lately I have been unable to use the search mail function in Yahoo mail ( beta or otherwise ). All that comes up is a blank stripped down Yahoo page. Is there a problem with the Yahoo mail search function? TIA. A more appropriate place would be on Yahoo!s pages. Yahoo! has nothing = to do with Microsoft Outlook. --=81 Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. All unsolicited mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. =20 After furious head scratching, ph...

Help w/ Accounts
Hi, I have Outlook 2003, I used to have four email accounts in Outlook. One of those accounts was set up to check the email but leave the original in the server. It was working fine until all of a sudden it started downloading the same email twice and deleting it from the server. I deleted the account from Outlook, but it is still downloading the email from that account. I went to Email accounts and I don't see that particular email account listed there. Does anyone have any idea how to get rid of this "invisible" email account that does not show up in the email accounts an...

Date and Time Picker Control problem
Hi, I've constructed a tool that employs multiple Userforms and several incidences of Date and Time Picker Controls (version 6.0). Amongst the group that use this tool there is one individual who gets the following message. "Could not load an object because it is not available on this machine". I've isolated this object to the Date Picker. I've checked Excel and Service pack version and they are the same as mine yet this individuals standard load does not seem to include this particular control. Is there any way of installing this control for the individual ...