Lists Questions

i have a list that i have 10 different accounts listed in on my form.
I have it setup so that i can select multiple options.

how do i get this list to show up in the actual table? I had to create this
list on the form itself.

is there a way to take that list that i made and convert it into a text
field when i run a report? and have it display what was selected?

Are you trying to put multiple accounts in the same table field?
That doesn't seem right.

A multi select list box will not return a value if you use it like

Me.txtAccount = Me.lstAccountList

You have to loop through the ItemsSelected collection of the list box to
return one value at a time.  Look in VBA Help for ItemsSelected.  It has a
good example of how to use it.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"Douglas @ Helpdesk" wrote:

> i have a list that i have 10 different accounts listed in on my form.
> I have it setup so that i can select multiple options.
>
> how do i get this list to show up in the actual table? I had to create this
> list on the form itself.
>
> is there a way to take that list that i made and convert it into a text
> field when i run a report? and have it display what was selected?

Office XP Exel
Scenario: User's A,B, C, and D all have access to an excel XLS on a 2003 server. Users A & B have modify rights, users C&D only have read rights. If user A updates the file, the general tab in properties reflect the exact time the file was modified. After user A saves and closes the file, user D goes in. The changes are there, but in the properties general tab, the modify date in an old date (probably the actual creation date). Is this normal ? Any idea's ? ...

Outlook 2003 Imap Auto Purge wish list
I hope someone at Microsoft can code in a auto purge Imap deleted email function into there next Service Pack. I can see a problem rolling this out to our employees. There going to delete messages and those messages are going to stay on the Email server until they do a Purge. I'm afraid they just won't do this. We use Imap. No auto purge means emails staying on the server which over time just takes up hard drive space and makes tape backups take longer. wayne Hi Wayne, You should send suggestions to mswish@microsoft.com as the newsgroups are not monitored for feature request...

Newbie question
'hello, can someone explain in plain English what this formula is actually saying: =IF(C32="FOB",(B28:C28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B19)-B28,(B28/'Board Pricing and conversion'!B20)-B28) I understand the C32="FOB", but the rest I don't. I know it is referencing another spreadsheet but don't know what it is looking at?? Thanks bassman Double-click on the cell with the formula and you will see the syntax IF(logical_test, [value_if_true], [value_if_false]) You have a logical text for "FOB" on C32 of active sheet. If True the...

Question about clip art, etc
Whenever I use clip art in Publisher or Word (2000) it says to insert the CD (#2) that has it on it. Which I do. Before I reinstalled WINDOWS a few weeks ago, and had to put everything in again, I had the clip art on my computer. So, if I needed something it was right there and I didn't need to keep putting in the CD. I have tried this several times, in Word (mainly, though I use clip art in Publisher too and have that function, using clip art, enabled- after it asked if I wanted to) The CD brings up the install and I click ADD OR REMOVE FEATURES and click on the clip art and "...

Scheduling formula question
I know both are the same equation. Which one is by definition ? "Duration = Work / Units" or "Work = Duration x Units". I have a three day task with a resource assigned (Max. Units 100%, Units:100%). All calendars are the default Standard base calendar; Hours per day is 9 hours. How do we build the equation to calculate 27 hours of work ? TBol -- To be technically correct, the Duration Equation formula is written as: Duration = Work/(Hours Per Day x Units) You find the Hours Per Day value on the Calendar page of the Options dialog, accessed by clic...

Winfax question before purchase
i dont know where else to place this and there have been alot of posts in here relating to winfax, so here goes: I run a business and all of the time we get customers telling us they faxed something, and we have no record of it. now sometimes they never sent it...sometimes they sent it upside down and we received it blank..sometimes we just lost it. I am thinking that Winfax might be a solution to my problems, but I need to know a few things. A. can I set up winfax so that I plug my fax line into my comp, it receives the fax, and automatically prints it out to my printer (functioning jus...

Subform question 04-09-10
I have a form (Form1) that contains a subform (Subform1). Within this subform I have a combo box which, depending on what is chosen, pops up another form (Popup1)for additional information. I need this additional information in the form that pops up to be 'linked' with the subform. The problem I am running into is that when the user enters information in Popup1, the table has not been populated witht he data that is in the subform so there is no record to 'link' to. What is the best way to force te esubform to pass its information to the table? Thanks i...

outlook in sub-domain to set use root-domain question!!!
Dear Sir Please see below more details,(We are using special railway line between Head office in Taipei and branch office in Tao-Yuan) Head office in Taipei: aaa.com(Root domain) Dc server * 2(One of it is GC Server), Front-End Exchange 2003 *1, Back-End Exchange 2003 * 2(One is named mail1, another is named mail2 ) Branch office in Tao-Yuan: bbb.aaa.com(sub-domain) Dc Server *1(No GC Server,No Exchange Server) After using ADMT v3 Tool, when I transfer an account from root named aaa.com(ou) to bbb.aaa.com. After I ins...

Input mask & Format question
Greetings I use the input mask \(999") "999\-9999 in the Phone field of my table. I wanted the brackets, space and dash stored in the table because the data is imported into other applications. 1234567890 is stored as (123) 456-7890. On one of my forms there is a combobox with fields CustID, CustName, Phone. My problem is how to format the phone number in the cbo. It shows up as 1234567890. Thanks in advance Becky Hi - Set the input mask to \(999") "999\-9999:0 (adding semicolon - zero). This forces the literals to be stored along with the other characters...

Sending multiple Emails so each person does not get the list
We want to send out multiple emails to several email accounts. We dont want the accounts to see the list of accounts that the email went to. How does one do this in Outlook? In any contacts folder, Tools | Mail Merge is the best choice. --=20 Sue Mosher, Outlook MVP Author of Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.turtleflock.com/olconfig/index.htm and Microsoft Outlook Programming - Jumpstart for=20 Administrators, Power Users, and Developers http://www.outlookcode.com/jumpstart.aspx =20 "tom" <Spamblocker@ameritech.net> wrote in message = ...

User list
I'm wondering how to check the users on Exchange Server 2003, I tried it on E2k3 by [PS] W:\>Get-Mailbox -server Exchange2k3, and I got nothing in the list, but when I tried to remove Exchange Server 2003, I got an error, The component "Microsoft Exchange Messaging and Collaboration Services" cannot be assigned the action "Remove" because: - One or more users currently use a mailbox store on this server. These users must be moved to a mailbox store on a different server or be mail disabled before uninstalling this server. Any idea? Thanks. I followed the instruc...

How to remove locations from the drop-down list?
My drop down list for appointment locations contains a few duplicate entries, usually because one of the duplicates contains a spelling error. How can I get rid of these false entries so that I don't always have to be super-cautious to pick the correct one? M. "Michael Moser" <michael.nospam.moser@nospam.freesurf.ch> wrote in message news:DF17B5F2-DA57-48A7-B7DD-3B5A52F2A4E6@microsoft.com... > My drop down list for appointment locations contains a few duplicate > entries, usually because one of the duplicates contains a spelling error. > How ...

Sales for Outlook Web Site question
Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it supposed to copy files to \inetpub\wwwroot\ or repoint the Default Web Site to another directory? I am getting errors clicking on the Activities, Accounts, etc. and the "Promote E-mail to CRM Activity" button... Yes, it uses Cassini on port 2525. No, files don't need to be copied to inetpub. Mike "Jim Scavuzzo" <NOSPAM-scavuzzoj@ecg-inc.com> wrote in message news:eTbk8jW9DHA.2044@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > Does CRM 1.2 Sales for Outlook client utilize Cassini? If not, is it > suppose...

Graph question #2
Hi Folks, Quick query with regards to how data is read by a graph. I have a sheet featuring the number of staff assigned to the call centre at 1/2 hour points throughout the day. This data is stored in a sheet called 'Data' and in cells D17, E17, F17 etc etc. The data within this page is not very well presented as it is run automatically from the system we use here so I have made a more presentable table and graph. For the table for each 1/2 i simply reference the cell in the data page so that all i have to do to update the sheet week by week is paste fresh data in. Using =Data!D17 t...

Distribution list #7
How do I load a distribution list into the address book under a single heading ...

Question to a MSDN-Article (WordML)
Hi all, in ref. to the MSDN-Article "New XML Features of the Microsoft Office Word 2003 Object Model" (http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/odc_wd2003_ta/html/odc_Wdnew2k3XMLOM.asp) I've got a few questions: 1.) They say, the first step to work with XML in a word document is to add the XML-Schema to the Application-Object. As I want to work with the WordML (Word Object Model), I suppose I need to load this Schema. But obviously I've got no xsd-file available. How can I manage to work with the WordML then? 2.) To extract text from a word documen...

edit a drop down list
Hello, I have 2 questions 1. for an existing drop down list, how can I add a new entry? That is, a list named "division" now contains 5 items, and I want to add a sixth. I've tried to highlight all 6 items and typing "division" into the name box, but that just jumps me to the original 5 names. I also tried highlighting the original 5 and deleting the "division" from the name box, but again no luck. 2. Can I enlarge the font on a drop down list, so it appears larger when the arrow is clicked? The font is very small at present. To change the name r...

Customer Mailing List
Whats the best way to output the customer mailing list so that it doesn't require the entire content to be reformatted before printing out mailing labels? If exporting to a word .doc it lumps everything up in one column. Is there a better way w/out having to virtually reformat/retype all of the customers? Thanx in advance! Rich Export as a CSV, then use Mail Merge to load the fields. -- Jason Hunt Advanced Computer Systems You can use word mail merge to directly link to the database. No need to run a csv file. mt "Jason Hunt" <jhunt@advcs.ca> wrote in mess...

multiple pick from drop-down list
Does anyone know how to setup a drop-down type (or other type) list where I could pick multiple selections from the list and have it populate each selection in a different cell? Thanks, John Drop-downs do not lend themselves to multiple selections (what should be shown in the text area when the drop-down is not dropped down? You would probably be best off using a ListBox (it supports multiple selections). Can you give a more detailed description of what you want to do? Rick "johnrb7865" <johnrb7865@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DD85C389-6AFC-4BC1-9...

Question about CListCtrl extended style
I have set the style: m_ListCtrl.SetExtendedStyle( LVS_EX_GRIDLINES | LVS_EX_CHECKBOXES ); What I want to get is: 1. when one item is selected, the check box should be checked; If one item is not selected, it should be unchecked. 2. If item is checked, it should be selected; if not checked, it should be unselected. How to do that? You will have to do this all yourself since that is not the default beheavor of a CListCtrl. The selection and checkboxs are normally independent of each other. But you can simply use a multi-select list control, and as the user checks or unchecks the checkb...

Holiday listing
How do I get Publisher 2003 to automatically add major holidays to each month? ...

Recently used file list
Does anyone know if the size of the list can be increased from the default of 9? Thanks Tools/Options/General allows you to change the recently viewed size, but is pretty clear that the maximum is 9. >-----Original Message----- >Does anyone know if the size of the list can be increased >from the default of 9? > >Thanks >. > In xl2k and xl2002 (not sure about xl97), when you do a file|open, you'll see a History button in the left hand frame. Maybe you could use that to see more. Maria wrote: > > Does anyone know if the size of the list can be increased...

MS Exchange and Server 2003
Hey, At my company we run MS server 2003 and exchange 5.5. I want to send an email with an attachment to about 7500 users. we have IBM blade server with t1 connections. we have distribution list ready to go. What i want to know is that am i taking any chances in crashing the system. will this have any effect on the server. Thanks DJ ...