Listbox won't display contents until I click on it

I have a form with a list box.  Everything works fine except the contents of
the listbox don't display until I click on the listbox.  Thoughts?

Does the list have it's own rowsource? How do you set the rowsource?

When the listbox is bound to a rowsource it should display it's data as soon
as you open the form. Any other settings that might prevent it from being
filled...
--
Maurice Ausum

"SteveL5231" wrote:

> I have a form with a list box.  Everything works fine except the contents of
> the listbox don't display until I click on the listbox.  Thoughts?
The rowsource is a query.

"Maurice" wrote:

> Does the list have it's own rowsource? How do you set the rowsource?
>
> When the listbox is bound to a rowsource it should display it's data as soon
> as you open the form. Any other settings that might prevent it from being
> filled...
> --
> Maurice Ausum
>

> "SteveL5231" wrote:
>
> > I have a form with a list box.  Everything works fine except the contents of
> > the listbox don't display until I click on the listbox.  Thoughts?
Ok, so the lisbox should display directly.

Try creating a new form with a new listbox created with the lisbox wizard
and save the form. Is the lisbox being filled as it should be?
--
Maurice Ausum

"SteveL5231" <SteveL5231@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a form with a list box.  Everything works fine except the contents
>of
> the listbox don't display until I click on the listbox.  Thoughts?

Are you running Access 2003, and have you applied SP3, without applying the
post-SP3 hotfix?  Does this KnowledgeBase article describe your problem?

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945280/
    Combo box controls and list box controls display no value or incorrect
values in Access 2003 after you install Office 2003 Service Pack 3

If that is the problem, the hotfix may fix it.  You can find the hotfix
itself at:

    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/945674/

But don't install that hotfix unless the above article really describes your
situation.

--
Dirk Goldgar, MS Access MVP

(please reply to the newsgroup)

0
Dirk

OnEvent Click and Tab Controls
Good Day All.. I have an issue that I had posted previously but it did not get resolved. It may partially be my fault for not explaining my need/question correctly. I have a form. The form contains a subform. & a tab control. The subform has 3 fields listed for the user: ShipTo, BillTo & Account Name The tab control has 3 tabs. The first tab is where I am struggling right now. I want the user to select ('click') on the "account" in the subform (data sheet) at the top. Once they click the "account" the fields on the tab control will then fill wit...

How to Clear or Reconcile without right-click
How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected transactcion without going through the tedium of right- clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? Thanks CTRL-SHIFT-M "MoneyUser" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1a72401c41db7$b7003000$a101280a@phx.gbl... > How does one Clear or Reconcile the currently selected > transactcion without going through the tedium of right- > clicking and selecting Mark As -> Cleared (or Reconciled)? > > Thanks In microsoft.public.money, MoneyUser wrote: >How does one Cl...

Numeric content in one cell ( implicit formula ) and the result in another one
Hi, I made some search before, but too much information at the same time. So I post this question: In cell D2 , I have the following content : 10002/(14971213 - 37375) /1000000) In cell E2, I would like to have the result value of data in cell D2 : 669,754 I would not work with "left...len... search... right.." as the format ( then formula ) in cell D2 may change. Is there a function giving the computed result of a cell and put the result in another one? Best regards Pierre In cell E2, will the formula "=D2" do it for you? Or is that too simplistic and I don'...

use displayed value in calculation
quick question - if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? michae What values are in cells A1 and B1? A small number, showing two decimal places, could display as 0.00 michael wrote: > quick question - > > if I perform a simple calculation of =(a1+b1) in the m1 cell, and then > need to use that result in another calculation in the n1 cell > =(m1*3.14), why do I get a value of 0.00 returned? > > > > michae > -- ...

Combining two accounts as one display
If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Thanks. Otzi On Tue, 20 Jul 2010 18:58:21 -0700, otzi wrote: > If I have two emails, can Live Mail be configured so that both accounts can > be displayed (combined) For me this would prevent 2 deletes, 2 junks, etc.- Back in the good old days of MS Outlook Express, a number of people wanted separate account folders. Now that MS has accommodated those folk, people are demanding a global Inbox. Well, MS, in their infinite wi...

Account Segments not displaying properly Trial Balance
We have 4 workstations running GP 10.0. On 2 of the workstations, when we print/display the Trial Balance the 2 and 3rd segments of the account number do not display properly. Our account number consists of 3 segments, acctnum-branch-region We have over 80 branches and without the branch number displaying properly the Trial Balance from these 2 workstations is useless. I have tried to download and update the newest printer drivers as per Crystal Reports, updated video card drivers, use Named Printers and so far I have not had any luck. Anyone have an idea? I have pasted an example be...

Not saving records till "save" command button clicked
If you are in a form and adding information, then close out or go to a new for it just saves the record as long as all applicable fields are filled out. Is there a way to only have a record save if a command button is clicked? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com If you simply hide the form instead of closing it, I think that will prevent the save. Jeanette Cunningham MS Access MVP -- Melbourne Victoria Australia "szag via AccessMonster.com" <u2885@uwe> wrote in message news:a75249f4b37bb@uwe... > If you are in a form and adding informat...

Double Click on file and mouse not working
Good afternoon, thanks for taking time to look at my problem. I am trying to open a word document by double clicking on the file name in "my documents". Word opens, but not the document. If you go into File and Open, you can open the document, but the mouse cursor will not go anywhere in the document. I have tried to open Word in safe mode, blasted the normal.dot, copied a normal.dot from another computer, heck I tried disassociating doc from Word. Nothing worked. I even installed Windows Live so I could uninstall it. I'm hoping someone has fixed this problem. ...

How do you get the maximum value to display in text box form
In a form, if I have 4 text boxes and 3 of them will contain a number. How do you get the maximum value to display in the 4th. I have tried many different things, I can make it work for a single field in a table, but that finds the value through all records. I just want it to display the max value from the numbers on the form, which could be different for various records. You could use something like this as the Control Source of the 4th text box (the underscore is for ease of reading here, and must be removed from the Control Source): =IIf([Field1]>[Field2] And [Field1]>[Field3],...

change order in which gwes loads display, touch, hid drivers
I cannot figure out how to do this, but I need GWES to load the display driver FIRST (for a splash screen implementation). Cannot find any registry values that accomplish this... any ideas? Come on guys, somebody has to know the order in which driver's are loaded by GWES.exe and how to alter it.... MS gentlemen???? I don't think that's going to help. What you really want to do is load the image in the bootloader, since, by the time GWES itself loads, you're probably 75% of the way through the boot process. As far as I can recall, GWES loads the keyboard, mouse, a...

Different display names
Hi Is there any way to have an account display differently in the FROM field compared to the GAL (Exchange 2003). We would like the user to appear in the GAL as "Bob User" but when an external recipient reads an email it should be displayed as "Bob of Company <bob.user@company.com>". Cheers Stuart ...

Home Page Content Item: Important Dates (repost)
I asked this question 3 days ago and have received no replies so I'm repeating it. Perhaps the subject name I used: "Important Dates" was too short or sounded like spam. In any case my experience on this board is that even if no one has a solution, someone usually responds saying that he can't reproduce the problem, or that it doesn't work for him either, or that the poster misunderstands what this function is supposed to do. Not having received any response at all, I beg your indulgence with this repost: ***** Money 2006. No Passport. XP Home SP2. P4 3.0 GHz. 1G...

sql server displays
I would like to know what I can use in sql server report 2008 to display several sentences or paragraphs prior to where I have a table generated. Each table in each report will display the data. To display the paragraph(s) and/or sentence(s) before the table containing data what toolbox item would I use? Should I use a matrix, rectangle, textbox, and or another table? Your question is not really clear, but I think you are trying to do would be done using a list box. Add the list box to the report, put the text boxes you want to display here, then add the table control to the ...

Recent documents don't display
Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply does not show any. -- Dana Go to Office Button- Go to Excel Options-Advanced, then go down to “Display” In the first line “Show this number of Recent Documents” check the number & modify as you like. -- MFS22 "danappofc" wrote: > Recent documents work in Word but not in Excel. Not grayed out, but simply > does not show any. > -- > Dana Documents that you opened by double-clicking their icon will not show in the list. Only those that you opened from within Ex...

2003: Copy R-Click Option Missing!
In outlook 2003 when i right-click on an email message, only the move command/option is there (amongst others), but the copy command is missing? the only way I can copy is to drag the message to a folder with the right mouse button depressed and then the copy option shows up. Why is the copy option missing when I right click on an email message? thank you ...

Problem displaying string data in Edit box
Hi, I am trying to display a CString in an Editbox. In the dialog, I have set the edit box to multiline, read-only, auto vertical scroll and want return. I set the Edit box with the CString variable when a serial handler occurs. The serial handler code is obtained from http://www.codeproject.com/KB/system/serial.aspx and have integrated into my main dialog. I have created a edit box variable in my dialog and create a member variable within the main dialog window. When the serial handler is called, I store the serial message into the CString variable and use SetwindowText() to display the st...

Display web chart in excel
I am trying to create a financial spread sheet and link a chart from ADVFN so it shows up live in my spreadsheet. Havent got a clue how to make this work, any ideas would be appreciated. Rgds Mike Hi, Mike, I may not be understanding what you're after... (and I don't know what ADVFN is) but, have you tried inserting a hyperlink from the menu? Select which cell you want the link to show, then Insert->Hyperlink... and complete the information (link address, name, screen tip, etc) Or are you looking for something more?? jeff >-----Original Message----- >I am trying to cre...

I am trying to get access to display leading zeros and auto numbe
we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need it to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do this. "Donna" <Donna@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:484176CC-EFDE-48BB-BF18-C5BEFD695710@microsoft.com... > we use a sequential number system that begins new each month but we need > it > to hold 4 places 0001, 0002. etc. I would like to know if Access will do > this. Yes, but ... You can't use the built-in autonumber field to do what you want. Therefore you'll need so...

Report names in listbox
I recently upgraded to Access 2007 and am having some trouble with the changes. I have a form with a listbox in which I would like to display the names of all the reports in the database. I've tried using the following as the rowsource for the listbox, but in form view nothing is displayed. Does anyone know how to do this? TIA, Ken Warthen kenwarthen@gmail.com "SELECT MSysObjects.Name FROM MSysObjects WHERE (((Left([Name],1))<"~") AND ((MSysObjects.Type)=-32764)) ORDER BY MSysObjects.Name;" I think you made a slight typo. Try (((Left([Name],1))<>&quo...

Menu in Word behaving oddly; items (like the entire contents of the Tools menu) disappearing...
Hey, I'd be oh-so-grateful if anyone has any idea how I could address this problem. I'm quite mystified. I'm running MS Word for X on my Mac (OS 10.4.3), and lately some odd things have begun happening. At first I was just working around them, but I've decided live my computer life too much that way (ignoring problems and hoping they go away), so thought I should look into this before it gets out of control. Items have been disappearing from the Word menu bar. That is, for instance, after I had used the "Symbols" option under the "Insert" menu one day, it di...

On error displayes default error code instead of the specifyed one
Hi, I have added error handling code to my combo box. Private Sub searchName_AfterUpdate() ' Find the record that matches the control. Dim rs As Object On Error GoTo ERR_Handler Set rs = Me.Recordset.Clone rs.FindFirst "[sdutentId] = " & Str(Nz(Me![searchName], 0)) On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERR_Handler: MsgBox "Please empty search box before continuing!" End Sub But it doesn't display the message in msgbox, it displayed default ms access error code. which is "The text you have entered isn't an item in the ...

Retrieve Exchange 2007 public folder content
I have Exchange 2007 and a public folder containing mainly Tasks. i need to obtain a collection of this tasks from c# to send an alert by email on the ending of the task schedule (i cannot use the integrated task ending in the public folder). My problem is, how can i query the exchange store to obtain this informations? Do i have to use the OUTLOOK MAPI CLIENT library or the web service of exchange 2007? Can you give me an example? Thank you. Hello Cato, > I have Exchange 2007 and a public folder containing mainly Tasks. i > need to obtain a collection of this tasks f...

displaying data linked to shape
I would like to click on a shape and have the list of linked data in the database be displayed. (I have a lab diagram, and I want to display the contents of a drawer when the shape is clicked..... and vice versa, when I'm in the database and click on an item, I'd like to have the location of the item displayed on a lab map. Can anyone point me to a tutorial or better yet, a functional example, that does this. I've linked the shape and database, but don't seem grasp how to actually put that link into practice. Thanks in advance jillymc ...

copy an intial cells contents into the next series of blank cells in a column
When doing a pivot table, the data in a column might have the initial cell inditifer, such as a date and the remaining cells if they have the same date will be blank. I know there is a process that you can highlight the cells in a range and have copied the initial cell into the next suceeding blank cells, I just don't remember the sequence of steps to get there. can anybod help? Select the column with data. F5>Special>Blanks>OK Type an = sign in active blank cell. Arrow or point to cell above. CTRL + Enter to fill all blanks with value from above. Gord Dibben MS Excel MV...

pictures in HTML message are displayed as attachment not inline?
Whenever I send meassege in HTML format and having inline pictures these pictures are displayed as attachment and not inline on recieving end? What is the problem and how to resolve it. ...