List Box 01-23-08

I found the property control that will allow me to select several rows of
records within my list box.  I would like those selected records to print out
on a
report.  How do I distinguish between those that are selected and those that
are not and have them print out on a report along with other records that
appear on my form?  Thanks

Listing in previous records in Form by vertical scrolling
Please help, I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would like to see that record and access should open a new line where I can add a new record. I would like to scroll vertically in the old record to edit them eventually. I know that there can be a Record selection but I don't want that. Thank you for help. I cannot find it myself. On Wed, 28 Nov 2007 07:40:01 -0800, Jan <Jan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Please help, > >I would like to set up a form the way that if I enter the record I would >like to see that record and access s...

Creating a registration table list based on an existing table
Hi, I have an access database that contains transactional tables which I cannot alter. There is a table called invoice. This has ClientId, ClientName and ItemNumber. The ClientID is a ten digit number while the ClientName is a business name. There are no extra fields that I can use in it. I want to create a form that will enable the staff to keep track of registration. A registration is initiated when an invoice on a client is created with the itemnumber being College. Right now, people are keeping track of attendees using a spreadsheet but I want to create a table that contain...

Modifying Look up list in enterprise fields
If Look up values of enterprise fields are updated, will the updated table / list be available to all existing projects as well, or only to new projects. Thx Rajanish Hi Raj, New fields are available for all projects. -- Thanks, Ben. Microsoft Most Valuable Professional http://appleparkltd.spaces.live.com/ "Raj" wrote: > If Look up values of enterprise fields are updated, will the updated table / > list be available to all existing projects as well, or only to new projects. > > Thx > Rajanish Ben, Thanks for your quick reply. ...

Specific Text Box
I have an BeforeUpdate HandleError msg that pops up when a box that is required has been left Blank, in the same code could I place a goto function for that text box that needs input. Use the SetFocus method -- Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP "phuser" wrote: > I have an BeforeUpdate HandleError msg that pops up when a box that is > required has been left Blank, in the same code could I place a goto function > for that text box that needs input. > > > ...

New users not showing in global address list
We have a new network installed with an Exchange Server 2003 installed at head office and three Server 2003 geographic sites. When we create a new user at Head Office, the user can log on at the remote site but their email address does not appear in the global address list. It seems that all the users we created on Day 1 appear in the Global Address List but any new additions don't. To my thinking, Active Directory is being replicated across the sites because the users can Log In and get authenticated at the other sites. What am I missing regarding the "update" of the Gl...

listing in excel
I have a list of clients on one sheet and would like to do a 'list' to select from on another sheet. ie list of clients on sheet 'CLIENTS' and I'm in a sheet 'BILLING' I would like to right click and select from the list of clients. Can this be done? or how can I do this? the clients lists is constantly updated. I don't have MS Acess. help? Thank you, Howard Hi see: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Howard T. wrote: > I have a list of clients on one sheet and would like to do a 'list' to...

double-clicking a list entry
Whenever I double-click an entry in a list, my cursor jumps to the last entry in the list. Is there any way to prevent this? It's annoying! (I'm double clicking so that I can edit the entry. I know I can get around it by editing in the formula bar, but I prefer to do it in the cell instead) Sally, If you double-click the bottom boarder of the cell, it jumps to the last cell. If you double-click inside the cell, it opens the cell for editing. Regards, Jim Cone San Francisco, USA "Sally Sibthorpe" <SallySibthorpe@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message ne...

Clarification on EWS/Exchange 2007 free/busy issue
Clarification: Free/busy is denied to any user that has been granted specific access to a user's calendar when EWS is used to add/change a permission for a person or group. If the user is a member of a security group listed with access to the calendars, all users in the group will be denied access to free/busy to the calendar. We've discovered that when a user uses EWS (version 13.0.3) to modify calendar permissions (Exchange 2007) on his/her calendar that this causes an issue where the free/busy info is no longer available to any user listed/granted specific access to the u...

3 format cell tabs hidden in excel dialog box
When I right click on the cell and go to format cells instead of seeing 6 tabs as usual I see three tabs and the other three are on a lower level and covered by the information in the dialog box. I can only see the very top edge of the tabs. Any ideas what could be causing this? If you're using Excel 97, and making copies of copies of worksheets, you may hit a limit, because of the way the sheets are being numbered in the background. If that's the case, try copying one of the first sheets, instead of the last one. pjbjamison wrote: > When I right click on the cell and g...

how do i get rid of the text box outline around my text?
I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text than you're filling your messages :o) And you just need to read the help files, read the manuals, and look for a button marked Line Color. Set it to No Line. -- Ed Bennett - MVP Microsoft Publisher http://www.mvps.org/the_nerd/ Before reading this message, view the disclaimer: http://mvps.org/the_nerd/disclaim.htm > "Ed Bennett" <the_nerd@mvps.org> wrote in message > news:%23bdlu9isEHA.3460@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > > I hope you're filling your text boxes with more text > than you'r...

limit validation list to prevent dups
I am using a validation list and need to restrict it so that for each column in a worksheet, the items in the list may only be used once. The validation list is used for 14 columns but these columns are used to create a list in another worksheet and I need to ensure that the same value is not used twice in any given column. Hi Sonya, Try the following link from Mr. Excel : http://www.mrexcel.com/tip008.shtml Step by step instructions and it's very useful ! Cheers, Kevin Lehrbass kevin@spreadsheetsolutions4u.com www.spreadsheetsolutions4u.com "Sonya" wrote: > I am u...

Parameter Problem 03-14-08
I want to change the value in a txt box (or combo box) & then after update, populate a tree list control based on the value. It gets hung up when the rstCategory opens using the SQL. Here is the code: Public Sub PopulateTree() Dim rstCategory As New ADODB.recordset, rstComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim rstSubComponent As New ADODB.recordset Dim tvwTree As Object Dim nodX As Node Dim I As Integer Dim blnAllRecs As Boolean Dim SQL As String Set tvwTree = Me.tvwItems 'Renumber all items RenumberItems 'Clear out all current items tvwTree.N...

Global Address list #2
My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have setup a new Excahnge org, however I need to populate my new exchange server with the global adress list for the old exchange org . Is there a way to export the global address list and import into the new org.. Thanks -Darren This article should help. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=155414 "Darren" <Darren@somewhere.com> wrote in message news:eRj2WlbwDHA.2540@TK2MSFTNGP10.phx.gbl... > My company has recently been split into two comapanies, as a result I have > setup a new Exca...

How do I wrap text in the subject column in the list of tasks
i seeing the list of taks in using the menu "Tasks" in outlook. However I am unable to wrap the text under the subject column that I miss the words. Even when printed in landscape the words are truncated. So how do i wrap the text in the view and print out, so that I can see all the text. You can't, you can either remove and/or resize some columns or select the entire list and paste it into Excel and modify it from there. -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] Coauthor, Configuring Microsoft Outlook 2003 http://www.howto-outlook.com/ Outlook FAQ, HowTo, Downloads,...

Linking a Message Box to a cell value
Okay, this is probably the worst way to do things, but I want to link cell value to a message box. I am basically going to use the messag box as a method of data validation. If the data value of the cel exceeds a certain data range, then the message box should pop up an alert the user that his input data is "out-of-range" I can't really use the data validation approach. I have a drop dow menu next to the input data cell to allow for different input units. This drop down menu is used along with conversion factors to a specifi unit that I want to use in my calculations. The ...

Single e-mail from list serve delivered to multiple mailboxes
Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without using rules? Thanks in advance, Harry Harry Zahlis wrote: > Is there a way in Exchange 2003 to take a single e-mail from a outside > mailing list and have it delivered to more than one mailbox without > using rules? > > Thanks in advance, > > Harry Sure, subscribe to the list using an address assigned to a distribution list/group that has the required mailboxes as members. Lanwench - Your suggestion got me to the right place. ...

Blinking box
Hi With this little piece of code - from the wonderfull net - i manage to make a little boks. I want to make this window always appears on top of all other application - how do I attach this property? Can I make this little red box background blinking? The purpose is to have a "warning box" on the screen that must never be covered by another application Cheers ****************************************************************************** Dim oIE set oIE = CreateObject("InternetExplorer.Application") wsh.echo ButtonBox("Msgboxtest", "Black&...

Programmatically Update a Form's Combo Box Default Value and SQL Record Source
I have one Sales Activity form that I use for data entry and for viewing all records by Sales Person (EmployeeID). Without having to have multiple instances of this form, I want to accomplish the below; based on which EmployeeID (sales person) opens the form in either mode: 1. For the data entry mode – I want the Combo Box’s Default Value to change, based on my user (EmployeeID); 2. Show All Records mode – I want the SQL record source to filter on that sales person’s records (EmployeeID) I’ve got some code for passwords, so I hope I can utilize that part of it; I just do not know how to do ...

Newline in an edit box
Can anyone tell me how I store a new line in a CString and then assign that to an edit box? Currently I have tried things like: CString sTmp("This is a \ Test"); or CString sTmp("This is a \nTest"); SetDlgItemText(IDC_EDIT_TEST, sTmp); but I keep getting | instead of a new line. Thanx John The One "The One" <TheOne@nowhere.com> wrote in message news:Xns940BCE9B9C2CTheOnenowhere@207.46.248.16... > Can anyone tell me how I store a new line in a CString and then assign that > to an edit box? Currently I have tried things like: > > CString sTm...

Check Box Center
How do I center a Yes/No Check Box under a label? The label is in the form header and the check box is in the detail section. The fields are arranged using the stacked option. Thanks In design view was the ruller of no help? -- Build a little, test a little. "Brian T" wrote: > How do I center a Yes/No Check Box under a label? The label is in the form > header and the check box is in the detail section. The fields are arranged > using the stacked option. > > Thanks after you've used the stacked option to line the boxes up, turn it of...

Manager To Do List
My HR department would like each manager to see a notice on their Portal "To Do list" when an Employee is coming up for review (anniversary of Hire Date?). Can someone point me in the right direction for creating and setting this up? BP 2.7/GP 8.0 sp4a ------=_NextPart_0001_37AC1F26 Content-Type: text/plain Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi David This is Terry and I will be able to assist you today. The To Do List in Business Portal is used for managers to approve items from our workflow. For example, an employee submits a time card, it goes to the Manager To Do List to ap...

How do I make text italic in a publisher text box?
I've copied an item into publisher. The font automatically changed. I changed the font back to what is was originally. That worked, along with items that were once again bold. However, the entire text WAS italicized and now it's not. How do I italicize my text now? Select the text and italicize it. -- JoAnn Paules MVP Microsoft [Publisher] Tech Editor for "Microsoft Publisher 2007 For Dummies" "81gator" <81gator@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:35607A56-CAE8-4E6D-8FD3-FC6545B2AA9A@microsoft.com... > I've copied an item into pu...

how to get rid of incorrect email address in list of choices
I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown when creating a new email. "Sal Kay" <Sal Kay@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A48BCAAE-8AAC-4958-8D1B-6473B031650C@microsoft.com... > I want to cancel an email address that appears in the choice list shown > when > creating a new email. select it using the arrow keys and delete... .....or if you happen to be using Outlook 2010, click the black "X" next to the address you want to delete on the list. -- -Ben- Ben M. Schorr, MVP Roland Schorr &am...

Listing VBA Module-Subroutine titles
Does anyone know how I might be able to generate a report in Excel (2000) which maps the module numbers for my macros to their assigned subroutine titles? I'd like to have such a mapping for reference so that I might easily edit macros by going straight to the module I want. Alternatively, is there anyway I can see my macros with the titles I have assigned them rather than the module number in the VBA explorer pane? Thanks! ...

Disable and Lock All Feilds wiht a check box
Hi I am using MS 2007 and have a form that I would like to lock = yes and enable = No on all fields.. I would like to do this by checking a check box.. I would also like to have the lock = no and enable = yes when I uncheck the check box.. Any ideas would be appreciated.. Many thanks in advance. Bob Why would you want to disable all the fields if you lock them? Seems a bit double but in this case you could go for the option to allow edits or not. So in the click event of the checkbox you could set something like: if me.chkEnable then me.allowedits=true me.allo...