Linking Tables for combo boxes

Hello,
I have made some cascading combo boxes (were make final selection based off
choices of combo box previous). Well boss wants to change some things around
and I need some help.

I have a table with all raw materials this table has supplier date receieved
etc concerning that raw material. For the combo boxes I copy 3  main fields:
category, description and material and gave each of these fields there own
table. In each of the new tables I also included  fields that linked the
table together so it would better me in my cascading option.

well, new raw materials have come in and have been inserted into the grand
table that host all raw material and other information like supplier and
receive date. My problem is getting that information to show on the 3 new
tables, so that new materials can be seen in the choice of the cascading
boxes. How is this done.

Thx
LA

misschanda

You can use a query as the row source for a combo.  This is actually
preferrable to having a separate table for each.
--
Dave Hargis, Microsoft Access MVP

"misschanda via AccessMonster.com" wrote:

> Hello,
> I have made some cascading combo boxes (were make final selection based off
> choices of combo box previous). Well boss wants to change some things around
> and I need some help.
>
> I have a table with all raw materials this table has supplier date receieved
> etc concerning that raw material. For the combo boxes I copy 3  main fields:
> category, description and material and gave each of these fields there own
> table. In each of the new tables I also included  fields that linked the
> table together so it would better me in my cascading option.
>
> well, new raw materials have come in and have been inserted into the grand
> table that host all raw material and other information like supplier and
> receive date. My problem is getting that information to show on the 3 new
> tables, so that new materials can be seen in the choice of the cascading
> boxes. How is this done.
>
> Thx
> LA

Calculated Field of the Average+2*stddevp in pivot table
Hello, I have a pivot table that includes columns (fields) for Average and Stddevp. What I would like to do is include a new column ( Calculated Field ??) of the Average+2*stddevp or better yet =Percentile( variable name,.8). I cannot get these to happen. Any help would be greatly appreciated Thanks, JB ...

No labels with text boxes
When I use the toolbox to create a textbox in my form, I no longer get the labels for the captions along with them. They stopped automatically appearing with the text box. Where did they go and how do I get them back? I've seen this when the default of the control is re-set to not include the label control. First, set up a control the way you want it (i.e., a textbox control with an associated label control -- if you aren't sure how to, post back). Then, with the control highlighted (in design view), select <Format | Set Control Default...> to tell Access to use the s...

Grabbing numbers from edit boxes..
Is there a way for an edit box to be a control and be able to grab its input as an integer? Frank B. <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157039113.175425.21180@m79g2000cwm.googlegroups.com... > Is there a way for an edit box to be a control and be able to grab its > input as an integer? > Use a masked edit control. Here is one: http://www.codeguru.com/cpp/controls/editctrl/maskededitcontrols/article.php /c9771/ -- Ajay Kalra [MVP - VC++] ajaykalra@yahoo.com <kefkastudio@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1157039113.175425.21180@m79g2000cwm.googlegrou...

Live URL links in excel
Hi, Is there a way to deactivate live URL links in an Excel s/s? I am working with a s/s presently that has many fields containing live URL links - and inadvertently am constantly triggering them .... Don- Two things you could do: 1. When you click on each cell, click and hold the click down for a second or so, and the link will not activate, and allow you to select the cell. 2. Use a macro to remove the hyperlinks (but leave the text in the cell). To do this, open the VBA editor (Alt + F11), insert a blank VBA module (Insert, Module), and copy and paste the following code into the mod...

Exchange 2003
Hey! How do i change users limit on their mailboxes? All the best - drift Where have you looked? Did you try looking at the user properties in Active Directory? -- Ben Winzenz Exchange MVP "Drift" <Drift@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:259BBA0D-BA4A-4891-AB88-BACDF29114D4@microsoft.com... > Hey! > > How do i change users limit on their mailboxes? > > All the best - drift Yes, i have looked in AD, no limits there. Have also looked trough System manager of exchange. "Ben Winzenz [Exchange MVP]" wrote: > Where have you l...

Cube returns dimension from whole table, not from query?
Hello, in excel, I get data from sql server 2k. I create a query like this: select ... from tblCustomers, tblSelection where tblCustomers.customerid = tblSelection.id The table tblCustomers has thousands of customer id's; but the table "tblSelection" has only a few - those that need to be included in this particular Excel report. When I run the query in MS Query, it works correctly, i.e. it returns only the selected customers. However, then I create OLAP cube in MS Query, save it as file, and return the cube to Excel. In the resulting pivot table, Customers include not ...

Is there a way to select all text boxes in a document?
I want to change the size of my document from a booklet on 11 x 14 paper to one page each on 8 1/2" x 11" paper. I can get the document to change to the 81/2 x 11 paper but the text boxes are still the smaller size (from the booklet). Is there a way to select all the text boxes at once so I can reformat their size? I want to make a large-print version of this booklet. Thank you for any help you can offer. Try the Painter tool. Quickly copy formatting with the Format Painter http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/publisher/HA010548921033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.mi...

Outlook exiting box hangs forever
Hello, Running Outlook 2000 on exchange 2000. If the outlook is open for couple days and when i close it, exiting box hangs forever. But, if I open and close outlook right away or within couple hours, it exits fine. Any ideas? kirit Do you have it set to synch offline folders? If yes, and you have received a lot of mail and only have it set to sync on shutdown, it will, of course, take more time after a couple of days worth of items need to be synched. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the SWEN virus, all mail sent to...

Borders in Pivot Tables
Is there any way to not lose border formatting after refreshing a Pivot Table? I can keep the outside borders but the linside lines awlays have to be placed back. Thank you. This is a known bug that required vba code to re-apply formatting. XL2000: Changing a PivotChart Removes Series Formatting http://support.microsoft.com/?id=215904 Cheers Andy DeeJay wrote: > Is there any way to not lose border formatting after refreshing a Pivot > Table? I can keep the outside borders but the linside lines awlays have to > be placed back. > > Thank you. -- Andy Pope, M...

Unlinked Tables affecting Query?
I have a simple SELECT query which is based on two tables with an INNER JOIN on the VehicleID field. I noticed however, that if I added another table to the QBE grid - even though I didn't link the table to my query's 2 source tables in any way, and even though the query's SQL remained unchanged - the query output changed?? It returned the same records, but repeated hundreds of times? Can anyone explain why just the presence of an unlinked table in the QBE grid would affect a query? I just can't explain it. Any help greatly appreciated.......Regards, Jason Jay If yo...

linked workbooks #6
I am trying to create a national network of schedules that includes many small route segments. Each segment is a separate workbook and each route has two worksheets, one for each direction. All times are calculated using Excel's time formulas. Now the fun begins, I am trying to link all these together showing possible connecting service using the link function in Excel. All the links use the absolute feature. So now when I add a column or delete a row, everything gets messed up. Is there a way to make sure the link stays with the original cell it was linked to even when that cell is...

Data Anaylisis does not work in Embedded Excel Table in Word
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C3995A.08162040 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Data Analysis addin does not work when I edit a Excel Table in Microsoft = Word.=20 Any idea of it? How can use it in word instead of open the Excel Sheet = in standalone Excel? Robin ------=_NextPart_000_0075_01C3995A.08162040 Content-Type: text/html; charset="gb2312" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN"> <...

Unable to update/add records in connected SQL Server tables
I am using the following code to connect to an SQL server database. The connection 'works' in that the tables are fully visible. However, they are not update-able which defeats the object. datasource = "ODBC;Driver={SQL Server};Server=" & SelectServer & ";Database=XXXXX;UID=xxxxxx;PWD=xxxxxx" Set tbl1 = db.CreateTableDef(tTable, dbAttachSavePWD, srcTable, datasource) db.TableDefs.Append tbl1 ('SelectServer' is a variable to allow switching between the live and test databases) The username with its password has full...

Relating a table to itself
Hello, I'm developing an Access 2007 Database and I have the following roadblock. I have a table that needs to relation to itself, to multiple rows. Here is what I have: Table1 - Words ID autonumber Word text Table2 - WordTranslations ID autonumber WordsID number (fk of ID in words table) SecondaryLanguageWordID number (fk of ID in words table) Basically, the "Words" table consists of words from a few languages and the "WordTranslations" table consists entries that are equivalent but in different languages. IE. Table 1:: 1 cat, 2 dog, 3 chat, 4 lizard. So,...

Outlook email links not working
I have Outlook 2003 and when I click on an email link on a website (someone@somewhere.com) Outlook displays an error message: "Can't create the item." if Outlook is open. If it's closed, it displays the error message "Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Can't create the item." Does anybody know what might cause this and how to fix it? I've tried the Detect and Repair feature in Outlook but, as usual, it didn't help. ...

Publisher 2003: how can I make a text box into a differnt shape.
I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the shape. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "nathan" <nathan@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:9636039D-0D50-4316-9C9D-1E1D7FAD444A@microsoft.com... >I am trying to change the shape of a textbox or put text into other shapes. Mary Sauer wrote: > Right-click the autoshape, add text. The text will not conform to the > shape. >> I am ...

Pivot table sum of rows
In a table I have 2 columns with many rows of data. The data can be grouped to 4 types. I need to get the count of each type in the data space. I am unable to get the count for the two columns together in one pivot table. Please can you give any suggestions? Thanks and Regards, Sushma ...

Making links live in Outllok 07
My links have stopped being active in my messages when I type them in. As in they do not show an actual link but just plain text for the url. Even in HTML emails and those I send too also don't get a live active link. I've looked all over for this setting and can't seem to find what works. Could anyone please tell me how to make the links active when I simply input a url into my email message? (I do NOT want to have to do the whole "Insert URL" thing.) Thanks! Nancy You need to change the format of your messages to HTML. To do this try the following: ...

Run time error 'Could not find output table ...
Looking for some advice. I'm using VB6 with Access 2007. Basically, I'm creating a table called user1_table within the code, then I have an insert statement that stores data into this table. After the program is done, it drops the table. When the program is run again, it creates the table, and so forth. Now, this program works fine the first time, and then it gives me the Run-time error of '-2147217865(80040e37)' at the point of execution the insert table query. BUt if i tell it to run from there (debug mode), then it runs fine. when the error occurs , I...

outlook 2007 blocked links in mails and "help"
My outlook 2007 refuses to open any link inside a mail or connect to links at all. If I click the "online help" button there is no reaction. If I click the "check for updates" button, the message is "failure to start browser". So, what's going on here? Anybody got an idea about what to do? -- Niels peter it sounds like the browser isn't properly registered. go to control panel, internet options and reset the browser settings. And in outlook, run help, office diagnostics. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ O...

Access Pivot Table and Pivot Chart
I have a pivot table that has calculated fields (by Row and or Column) and every time I try to view as a pivot chart it reverts back to the count not the calculated field. Can this be done and if so how. Thanks for your help. (this is in access 2003) Thanks MKK ...

How do I insert a check box (voting box) in word
I need help on how to insert a voting (check) box in a checklist form What version of Word? -- Susan Ramlet -- please reply to the newsgroup so all may benefit. "Check Box" <Check Box@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:441B777F-160D-415E-9778-0535561E0006@microsoft.com... > I need help on how to insert a voting (check) box in a checklist form Dear Susan, If Word 2007 how to insert a voting (check) box in a checklist form. "Susan Ramlet" wrote: > What version of Word? > > -- > Susan Ramlet > -- >...

Pivot Table
Is there any way to suppress the display of blank cells within the data area of a pivot table? Debra Dalgleish has posted code to do this: http://groups.google.co.uk/group/microsoft.public.excel.misc/browse_frm/thread/3fbd903e92adc270/2cb8900b96680905?lnk=st&q=hiding+0+pivottable+group:*excel*+author:dalgleish&rnum=4&hl=en#2cb8900b96680905 or http://tinyurl.com/axk75 Kirk P. wrote: > > Is there any way to suppress the display of blank cells within the data area > of a pivot table? -- Dave Peterson ...

A2007 combo-box question
Does combo-box with InputMask behave OK in A2007? There's a cbo-box InputMask bug in A97 and A2002. Does anyone know about it? ...

Disable ability to link in spreadsheet template
Hello Could anyone tell me how to disable the ability to link data in a cell for a spreadsheet? I would like to do this without using a macro. ...