Link two subforms in datasheet view (one sub-form, one sub-subform

I’d like to know if this is even possible.  I have a form named “Frm
Volunteer Opportunities” with a subform named “SubFrm Volunteer
Opportunities”.  The subform must remain in datasheet view and has fields
like:  [Event ID], [Event Date], [Start Time], [End Time], etc...  I want to
link another form (a sub-subform?) to the datasheet so that whenever my
curser is located in one of the datasheet rows, this other form will present
all volunteers scheduled for that event.  Then, when you move the curser to
the next row, those names would change.  I’m guessing this means that the
mystery form will also need to remain in datasheet view.  This third form
will have fields like [Event ID], [Volunteer ID], [First Name], [Last Name],
etc...   Clicking the + sign on each row to view this data isn’t my ideal
preference.

Any advice, hints, or nudges to get me started would be greatly appreciated!

On Fri, 23 Apr 2010 18:06:01 -0700, Flopbot
<Flopbot@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I�d like to know if this is even possible.  I have a form named �Frm
>Volunteer Opportunities� with a subform named �SubFrm Volunteer
>Opportunities�.  The subform must remain in datasheet view and has fields
>like:  [Event ID], [Event Date], [Start Time], [End Time], etc...  I want to
>link another form (a sub-subform?) to the datasheet so that whenever my
>curser is located in one of the datasheet rows, this other form will present
>all volunteers scheduled for that event.  Then, when you move the curser to
>the next row, those names would change.  I�m guessing this means that the
>mystery form will also need to remain in datasheet view.  This third form
>will have fields like [Event ID], [Volunteer ID], [First Name], [Last Name],
>etc...   Clicking the + sign on each row to view this data isn�t my ideal
>preference.
>
>Any advice, hints, or nudges to get me started would be greatly appreciated!

You need two correlated subforms. I'm not certain that Datasheet view will
work; if not, you can make a Continuous Form look very much like a datasheet
(and it's worth a try).

They will both need to be Subforms of [frm Volunteer Opportunities]. Put a
textbox txtRelay on the master form, and set its Control Source to

=[SubFrm Volunteer Opportunities].[Event ID]

You can set its Visible property to false if you wish.

Put the third form next to the first subform in a subform control; set that
control's Master Link Field to

[txtRelay]

The wizard won't offer this as an option, just type it in. Set the child link
field to [Event ID].
--

             John W. Vinson [MVP]
0

how many characters i can put into one cell in Excel
If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell of Excel, only a part of para show up in that cell. I tried wrap text, increase the height of the column. Nothing happen. Any one have idea about it or there are some limit to view in Excel in one cell Hi Search for 'specifications' in Help: It says '32,767 characters. Only 1,024 display in a cell; all 32,767 display in the formula bar.' -- Andy. "Gary" <Gary@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:747E6CFE-88D9-4F4C-950E-56F0885C3096@microsoft.com... > If i typed a whole paragraph into one cell o...

viewing or redirecting emails from a particular user on exchange
We have a person who we think is sending company information by email to our competitiors. I want to be able to view emails sent from this person without their knowledge. So i need to be able to create a BCC of the email and sent it to another address so that i can view it. We are running SBS 2003 and Exchange 2003. If anyone could provide any information that would be great. Message Journaling: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;261173&Product=exch2k On Thu, 16 Dec 2004 14:45:02 -0800, "fesz" <fesz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We...

Form Size and Scroll Bars
Hello All, We have added a number of fields to the opportunity form. For some reason when the form loads the scroll bar goes all the way to the bottom of the form and the user has to scroll back up to the top of it. Any ideas why this might be happening? Thanks! Hi, Check out JScript in your onload event of opportunity. Is there any code which is moving the focuss to some field at bottom of form? -- PLEASE do click on Yes or No button if this post is helpful or not for our feedback. uMar Khan :: Freelance Consultant Email Contact :: imumar at gmail dot com "MDV1457" w...

Access mouse wheel does not scroll in datasheet view of table, Win
I am aware of the issues with mouse wheel scrolling of forms. But those who have posted about those invariably say that mouse wheel scrolling works in datasheet view. For me it does not. On Win XP Access 2003, if I opened a table in datasheet view it initially would not scroll using the mouse wheel. But if one scrolled down a bit using the righthand scroll bar, thereafter the mouse wheel worked to scroll the records. I've just moved to Win 7 64-bit and have Access 2003 and 2007 installed. It won't scroll a table in datasheet view using the mouse wheel with either ve...

access / excel link
i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an access table to a spreadsheet? -- TomMurray hi Tom, tom wrote: > i know that i can link excel tables to an access database. can i link an > access table to a spreadsheet? You may use Data/Get External Data, but this not the same as linked table. Depending on your needs, you may consider using a VBA procedure (macro) to read the data with a DAO.Recordset and copy it manually into to your cells - you can copy also a complete recordset, see CopyFromRecordset in Excel. mfG --> stefan <-- thanks stefa...

two users on one computer
I have Windows 7 and use Outlook 2003. I really want to separate my husbands emails from mine, so I created a new email account for him. How can I have his emails sent to a different location within Outlook? You need to create his personal username in Windows 7 so that he can manage his own emails and documents; and you can manage your own emails and documents. If you don't know how to create his own username then I suggest post your query here: http://social.technet.microsoft.com/Forums/en/w7itproinstall/threads hth "karen" <karen@discussions.micro...

Installing MS Office on two computers
I just purchased two new computers and the Office Small Business software upgrade. Am I allowed to install this software on both of my computers? This is not the place to get a definitive answer. In general, however, the answer would be no. You are only allowed to install Office on 2 machines if 1 is a workstation and the other a laptop, and they are not used at the same time. Your question may be better answered in a newsgroup appropriate to your problem. This newsgroup is dedicated to the Microsoft Access database product. The Microsoft website may have misdirected you. -- A...

Outlok 2003 Word Attachments are Read Only and in 2 page view
I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he receives an email with a word doc attached and attempts to open it (rather than save it 1st) it opens in Word as read only and shows as a split screen (2 page book view). if he saves it to the drive 1st he can remove the read only attribute and then Word opens it normally. Any Ideas? Not sure why the view is different. My OT advice - always save attachments you want to edit, and then open them. Otherwise you're using a temp copy of the file & may lose changes. Marc Seidler wrote: > I have a client with Outlook 2003 and when he recei...

Two users sharing a computer but not inbox
Hi guys, is it possible, in Outlook 02, for two users to share a computer but be able to send/receive emails from different accounts? Eg: in our restaurant we have one computer. Currently that computer is receiving mail for dine@restaurant but now we want the chef to have his own address, chef@restaurant. However, we want dine@ and chef@ to go to separate inboxes so the manager and chef don't have to sift through unnecessary messages to read their own mail. I have tried setting up the new email address and telling it to put messages in a new data file called chef.pst but this hasn't...

How can I type more than one line of text into a cell in Excel?
I am using Excel to organize contact information, names, addresses, phone numbers, etc. I would like all of this information in one cell and in the standard format of: name address phone etc. I do not know how to make Excel accept more than one line of text, unless I cut and paste it from a Word document. Could someone please tell me how to format the cells so that more than one line of text can be accepted in a cell? Hi use ALT+ENTER for inserting line breaks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "watermark" <watermark@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsb...

Linking a cell to a chart title
How do I link a chart title to a cell reference in another worksheet? I have over 200 graphs in one spreadsheet and need a quick way to update the titles when mgmt changes for each sales team. ...

Check links #2
Hello, I get this error message when I do a check links in Bank Managment Amount does not match with CB_Distribution FYI we just Upgraded from GP9 to GP10 sp3 Thanks ...

building an external link based on a cell value
I would like to build an external link in a spreadsheet that automatically changes based on a cell value. For example, I have the following link: =SUMIF('[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $14:$14,P5,'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]Mar04'! $18:$18) Instead of Mar04 in the formula above, I would like to use a cell's contents.... cell A8 for example. Is this possible? Thanks, Jason Jason You can use the INDIRECT function. =SUMIF(INDIRECT("'[Location Income Statements 2004.xls]" & A8 & "'!$14:$14"),P5... Indirect ...

Difference between these two PUBLIC FOLDERS
FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP > SERVERS > Server name > FIRST STORAGE GROUP > PUBLIC FOLDER STORE > PUBLIC FOLDERS and FIRST ORGANIZATION > ADMINISTRATIVE GROUPS > FIRST ADMINISTRATIVE GROUP > FOLDERS > PUBLIC FOLDERS What are the difference????? the first one is the folders that exist in that pubic information store...the second one is your entire public folder hierarchy... "Calvin Lai" <Calvin.Lai@shaw.ca> wrote in message news:1ff01a54.0409271350.96236c@posting.google.com... > FIRST ORGANIZATI...

PCRE & MFC: problem with link error
I'm trying to get an MFC v6 project to link with the C Perl Compatible Regular Expression (pcre) library, and encountering a link error about unresolved references. Pcre seems mostly oriented to the unix/linux world, and more or less unaware that Microsoft exists. There is a C++ "wrapper" but it seems mostly for having a regex object, which isn't what I'm struggling with. Help appreciated. I'm mostly ignorant about using the linker beyond using the ide. extern "C" { #include "pcre.h" } BOOL CPcreTestApp::InitInstance() { pcre *re = NULL; ...

Webpage Links Don't Work Outside IE
I have a Publisher document with several links. When exported as a webpage the links work fine in IE but not in Firefox nor Opera. Cannot work out why... other than Publisher's completely arcane HTML syntax. Any suggestions? Simon. simoneast@gmail.com wrote: > I have a Publisher document with several links. When exported as a > webpage the links work fine in IE but not in Firefox nor Opera. > > Cannot work out why... other than Publisher's completely arcane HTML > syntax. > > Any suggestions? > > Simon. > Dont use publisher for making web pages...

Form Name as Variable
Hi, I have the following subroutine: Public Sub SetMeterBasic(p As Single) ' This subprocedure is used to update the progress meter bar With Forms![FormA] .shpMeterBar.Width = p * .lblMeter.Width .lblMeter.Caption = Format(p, "##%") .Repaint End With End Sub FormA is a form from which I called the main subroutine of the program which then later called this procedure. Is there a way I can pass a form name to Sub SetMeter e.g. so its first line is Public Sub SetMeterBasic(p As Single, FormName as String) where the variable FormName can function as &...

Related attributes in View
Is it possible to see attributes of related-to entities in a view in MSCRM 3.0? It does seem to be possible to filter/query using these attributes, but not to expose them to the view? TIA ...

Quick Find should search current view only
I have several Views that allow my users to narrow their record lists to a few thousand records each. However, when they enter a search string in quick find they get records from other users views also. Any ideas? Yes, quick find will search all of the records that the user have access to. Darren Liu Crowe http://www.crowecrm.com On Aug 8, 2:20 pm, wrcooke <wrco...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > I have several Views that allow my users to narrow their record lists to a > few thousand records each. However, when they enter a search string in quick > find they get rec...

Visual Studio can't open resource file in Resource View after IDE crash
Hello, I have a strange problem with Visual Studio .NET 2003, I hope that this is the appropriate newsgroup. After adding an icon resource to my project, Visual Studio crashed, and after restarting it, it was unable to open my project's resource file in the resource view pane. It displays the name of the rc file, but when I click the "+" beside it to open the resources, nothing happens, and the "+" disappears. There is no error message. Restarting Visual Studio and rebuilding my project didn't help. I can open all other projects' resource files without problem...

execute FireOnChange() from another Form
can i execute a FireOnChange event on a field from a another form? For example: In the OnSave() event from QuoteProduct form, execute the FireOnChange() event of the totalamount field in the Quote Form Thanks Enrique This is not support "out of box". Try Server SDK, pre/post callouts. Frank Lee Workopia, Inc. http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Enrique Bravo" wrote: > can i execute a FireOnChange event on a field from a another form? > > For example: > In the OnSave() event from QuoteProduct form, execute the FireOnChange() > event of the totalamoun...

Accidentally linked worksheets
I created a quite elaborate Excel workbook to collect and total exhibitor data for a County Fair. Everything worked just fine, but I wanted to add some calculations. I'm not particularly proficient and not wanting to disturb my "perfect" original, I copied the whole thing into an "Experiment" folder and did my experimental work. That turned out ok, so I copied the new work back to the original. Now the two are cross-linked and the formulas changed in the original to reflect same. I could not find a way to undo the linking and get the added information referring t...

link error with afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0
I used global variant afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0 (VS2008+Feature Pack) in my MFC extension dll like this: HICON hIcon = afxGlobalUtils.GetWndIcon(pWnd); But when i compile, there is a link error: error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "class CGlobalUtils afxGlobalUtils" (?afxGlobalUtils@@3VCGlobalUtils@@A) Does any .lib file neet to be added to project? "Omnix" <Omnix@discussions.microsoft.com> ha scritto nel messaggio news:79A5E3F3-3163-4566-AC50-493A9AD42E2E@microsoft.com... >I used global variant afxGlobalUtils of MFC9.0 (VS2008+Feature Pack) in my > ...

Two Personal Folders #2
Hi, I am using Outlook XP. I don't know why but in the Folder List column there are two instances of Outlook today. They both point to the same Personal folder.pst. How do I get rid of one of them? Thanks, vnh Right-click one of them and select close. "VNH" <vnh84@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:G80yc.82767$%34.10426@newssvr25.news.prodigy.com... > Hi, > > I am using Outlook XP. I don't know why but in the Folder List column there > are two instances of Outlook today. They both point to the same Personal > folder.pst. How do I get rid of on...

can't view page in browser
site is www.bridgeoflife.us I can see the site with firefox but can't see anything with IE8 everything was working fine until a few hours ago. any suggestions -- steve The page will only display in IE if the user has Publisher 2003 installed. I have Publisher 2007, so cannot see the page. Firefox, Opera, Safari etc ignore IE specific conditional comments, so are not affected. Do NOT use Publisher (or any other Office program other than FrontPage) to build websites - this ALWAYS leads to problems. In your page, look for <![if pub11]> and <![endif]&g...